Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,869 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity (20066 Views)

We Will Resist Plan To Oust Buhari Over Ill-Health - Arewa Youths Threaten / We Will Resist Any Coup- Tinubu / Supreme Court Ruling: ”we Will Resist Ayade’s Removal” – Cross River Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by osahonmk(m): 8:52pm On Feb 13, 2017
The Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, has said he will, like other consumers, be more resistant to payment of electricity bill if there is no supply.

Fashola said this on Monday at the 12th Monthly Power Sector and Stakeholders’ Meeting in Ibadan hosted by Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company.

Power generation in the country has worsened in recent weeks after hitting the 4,000 megawatts mark in December last year, with many consumers without prepaid meters complaining about over-estimated bills despite the dip in supply.

Commenting on the problems in the power sector, the minister said sabotage of gas assets and pipelines had “decommissioned power plants and their ability to provide up to 3,000 megawatts of power”.

He said, “The 3,500MW to 3,800MW that we have been able to keep on the grid over the last few months will be assisted greatly if we can have the gas pipelines back and add 3,000MW to it. That means we will be able to deliver well over 6,000MW if the gas pipelines are safe.”

Fashola said the sabotage had also created debt and liquidity problems, shortfall in power expectation, and in revenue recovery by power distribution firms.

“Consumers are more resistant to payment when they don’t have electricity, and I will be, too, and you will be too,” he told the power investors and other stakeholders at the meeting.

“We see that they (consumers) pay more when the power is more stable. Of course, there are issues also at the retail end – metering, estimated bills.”

Noting that all stakeholders have different roles to play in solving the problems, the minister said, “You will see that government has begun to act. The Vice President, representing the President, is going round those Niger Delta communities, engaging them more openly, more robustly.

“The idea is to bring them to the table to stop the vandalism while the issues that agitate them can be treated and resolved. I believe that if we are successful as we expect to be, we should be able to, sometimes, this year recover all the 3,000MW that has been lost to gas pipeline outages.”

http://www.energywatchng.com/will-avoid-bill-payment-theres-no-electricity-fashola/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by Nobody: 8:53pm On Feb 13, 2017
Iko

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by midehi2(f): 8:53pm On Feb 13, 2017
we hope so
Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by Jabioro: 8:55pm On Feb 13, 2017
He is right....

5 Likes

Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by oloriooko(m): 8:59pm On Feb 13, 2017
Am waiting for my bill for January after staying in the dark for half of the month. I know when the estimated bill comes it will still be same as usual

I wish I could punish anyone coming to disconnect my light

22 Likes

Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by psucc(m): 9:01pm On Feb 13, 2017
This is Nigeria and those guys will walk him out that office if Fashola dares them.

In my end, we pay bills from every 15th of the month and since about 18 of Jan, the light went off only to comeback yesterday 12th. Hope I am not entitled to pay that bill?
Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by Nobody: 9:10pm On Feb 13, 2017
And when your power ministry manage to bring light for 2 hours they will bring ridiculous and estimated bills that will be tripple to cover other days that there is no light.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by fuckingAyaya(m): 9:22pm On Feb 13, 2017
don't try it with NEPA them go carry ur pole go office.NEPA way they use tiger generator

19 Likes

Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by slimfit1(m): 9:47pm On Feb 13, 2017
To be honest right if anybody is going to fight corruption all the money stolen from the 70s to this moment need to show up, then we can say Buhari is doing something because it looks like that money only circulated in one way. We can't keep arresting some and leaving some people that don't want to return our money .

1 Like

Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by Gfish: 10:26pm On Feb 13, 2017
I swear i live along the agege motor road just around new oko oba and there have not even flashed the light for a sec in 3weeks now. today my estate finaly ran out of water. I just regret being a Nigerian

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by Funlordmaniac(m): 10:31pm On Feb 13, 2017
Even when he was making this statement they were using a generator! Why does fashola like joking like this? grin

2 Likes

Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by meccuno: 10:40pm On Feb 13, 2017
FAILURE grin

7 Likes

Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by mykelmeezy: 12:45am On Feb 14, 2017
the thing with this government is HYPOCRISY

karma hunting em bad

10 Likes

Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by Thecassanova: 2:43am On Feb 14, 2017
Yeah we know, same as when you said your kids suffer heat rashes too due to poor power supply.

10 Likes

Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by Standing5(m): 2:52am On Feb 14, 2017
I repeat, this man isn't fit for a power minister.
How can u say people will pay more when it is more stable?
Is he saying the cost of generation per KwH of 'stable' power will be higher? It should be cheaper even, because vandalism cost will be gone. Fashola is fit for flower and not power. He is after money and has proven it again.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by KidsNEXTdoor: 3:03am On Feb 14, 2017
Power or no power
We will pay
We have the money
Sai Buhari
Sai APC

1 Like

Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by KidsNEXTdoor: 3:11am On Feb 14, 2017
Gfish:
I swear i live along the agege motor road just around new oko oba and there have not even flashed the light for a sec in 3weeks now. today my estate finaly ran out of water. I just regret being a Nigerian
You want to tannish the image of this administration.... Kwo
Your misery was caused by past govt..go and find them. APC are here to Sai Buhari
And Sai Buhari we must
Sai baba grin
Sai chainji

1 Like

Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by martooski(m): 3:59am On Feb 14, 2017
ok
Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by Jirate(m): 4:22am On Feb 14, 2017
mykelmeezy:
the thing with this government is HYPOCRISY

karma hunting em bad

And it Hiting Them below the Belt, All that they said they will do, none has been done, instead what we have is the direct and clear opposite. What a Shame, what a Stupid Change. cool

3 Likes

Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by 989900: 5:10am On Feb 14, 2017
Standing5:
[s]I repeat, this man isn't fit for a power minister.
How can u say people will pay more when it is more stable?
Is he saying the cost of generation per KwH of 'stable' power will be higher? It should be cheaper even, because vandalism cost will be gone. Fashola is fit for flower and not power. He is after money and has proven it again[/s].

You will pay more ' cause you will use more.

Grade 2 math solved.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by babagydoz(m): 6:28am On Feb 14, 2017
Mad man
Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by Flyingngel(m): 6:39am On Feb 14, 2017
Can't the federal government relinquish generating and distribution of power to the state: so that each state generate and distribute her electricity if it is surplus then such can be sold to other neighbouring state.
Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by Grundig: 6:46am On Feb 14, 2017
Did fashola say 'hopefully we'd be able to recover the 3000mw SOMETIME this year'

I hope that's an error. I honestly hope that's an error.
Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by Nobody: 6:50am On Feb 14, 2017
hmmmmm..................minister of darkness

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by datola: 7:01am On Feb 14, 2017
Fraudulent people in government.

How do common men unlike you resist the bill, by fighting the distribution company or shouting at their office?

What an unpatriotic and unprofessional way of addressing issue.

What's the rock science in mandatin them to meter all consumers with prepaid metres.

Useless an wicked people!

2 Likes

Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by Nobody: 7:01am On Feb 14, 2017
grin grin grin

Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by Pavore9: 7:03am On Feb 14, 2017
fuckingAyaya:
don't try it with NEPA them go carry ur pole go office.NEPA way they use tiger generator

E don reach to carry Pole? grin grin

Can't forget that year when they came to carry our cables despite the fact we have paid N43K for prepaid meter 7 months earlier and they refused to come install it.

1 Like

Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:34am On Feb 14, 2017
Fashola this ministry is not doing justice to your intellectual self.

However you are always in my prayers. I pray you excel in what you do because you are a hard worker and a genius.

HAPPY VALENTINE'S, NAIRALANDERS

Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by Dandsome: 8:34am On Feb 14, 2017
Thanks God I use a Tecno L8+, at least the battery de last wella for me.... If they like they should continue doing shakara with light we're supposed to be having in excess. Wetin concern me? I'm Waiting for the L9 to come out
Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by sdindan: 8:35am On Feb 14, 2017
Meaning energy companies in Nigeria will not generate one kobo again.

Clueless Govt.

1 Like

Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by Nobody: 8:36am On Feb 14, 2017
Prepaid meter rocks. I just recharge my meter and use it as I like..

2 Likes

Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by bettercreature(m): 8:38am On Feb 14, 2017
sweetboiy:
Prepaid meter rocks. I just recharge my meter and use it as I like..
Keep decieving yourself

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen From Chad, Niger To Benefit From Fg’s Livestock Plan / Ben Ayade Declares Curfew In Cross River State / Onslaught Launched Against Killer-herdsmen In South-west

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.