Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,569 members, 7,781,849 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:30 PM

Can God Still Work Miracles? Please Read And Answer Because I Am Breaking Down - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can God Still Work Miracles? Please Read And Answer Because I Am Breaking Down (987 Views)

Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? / FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? / Can God Still Forgive Me? I Did Very Awful Things In The University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can God Still Work Miracles? Please Read And Answer Because I Am Breaking Down by ashantigirl83: 5:50am On Feb 14, 2017
I just feel like my life is a bad dream.

My mother was diagnosed with stage 3 lung cancer in July 2014 and given 1 year to live.

Thank GOD, she defied doctors and is still here almost 3 years later.

However, the cancer had spread to the bone and brain. Although they were able to 'cure' the cancer in the bone/brain, the one in the lung remains and still growing.

Therefore they have stopped treatment and said she only has months e.g. 3 months to live. This was in Jan 2017.

I feel like we are being punished. We have made mistakes in the past and repented, but I feel like we are being punished.

I am sad and angry at God, there are people who have done worse - those evil politicians etc and they are enjoying their life whilst a mother is just trying to train her kids and enjoy her life quietly (her children - I am oldest age 23, middle child age 21 and youngest age 18) with her husband (my dad)

I am confused, look at those girls who had children as a teenager or at a young age out of wedlock - should I have joined them so that my mother would have been able to see my kids and hold her grandchild? I am angry, bitter and jealous of a girl who is my age and had a baby out of wedlock age 20, her mother and grandmother are alive to see that child..whilst I am still a virgin age 23, and my mother is terminally ill only expected to live a few months and not see my children/her grandchildren - who gained?

I still have hope in God, as since November 2016 they were saying she only has weeks but she is still here, but now they said months in Jan 2017.

She has made 'some' progress considering her situation, e.g. she used to have seizures up to 5 times in one day but after many prayers the seizure has stopped on itself. She could not walk, and was on wheelchair - but now after many prayers and annointing oil she can walk and climb stairs. She seems to be having a sharper memory and she looks very healthy, but she still has that diagnosis over her and is still very unwell.

I feel like dying because I feel like my life is falling apart! Like we are cursed! Our enemies will be happy and those who have been jealous of my families previous success will be secretly happy if she dies.

Yesterday, I felt like breaking down - I am not from a rich family at all, but yesterday my dad paid a herbalist £1,500 which is 591,997.58 Nigerian Naira because we are desperately searching for alternative treatments as the doctors have given up on her. £1,500 is no joke, we are not rich at all and I know he suffered to get that money but we are desperate, and the man looks like a 419 but we are desperate.

This shame is too much, look what we have been reduced to!

I was originally catholic but now have joined redeemed and another church aswell as my catholic so I am currently running up and down going to 3 different churches aswell as praying at home. Plus trying to study for my final exams but finding it hard to concentrate.
My life is a mess,please help me

If my mum dies it is either because
1. God is not a good God and he let her die. Spare me that BS about if she dies its for the best and God knows best, what can be best about an 18 year old boy losing his mother? A mother who don dey sow sow sow and neva fit reap?

2. God is not real... and I have been living and defending a lie my whole life, and I have no divine protection...

1 Like

Re: Can God Still Work Miracles? Please Read And Answer Because I Am Breaking Down by felixomor: 6:10am On Feb 14, 2017
Receive strength sister.
As I write this, I am already praying for you.

Please dont be discouraged.
Your order life is not a mess.

When you wake up every day, speak the word of God
Speak positive things.

Jeremiah 29:11
God knows the thoughts he has towards you, they will bring you and your family to an expected end.

And dont let people to play your emotions, promising you healing....
Meditate on and speak the word Of God daily.

There is nothing God cannot do.

Be Strong.
It is Well.
Just know, people are praying for you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can God Still Work Miracles? Please Read And Answer Because I Am Breaking Down by DonLo: 6:29am On Feb 14, 2017
f

1 Like

Re: Can God Still Work Miracles? Please Read And Answer Because I Am Breaking Down by iboboyswag(m): 6:32am On Feb 14, 2017
ashantigirl83:

My mother was diagnosed with stage 3 lung cancer in July 2014 and given 1 year to live.

However, the cancer had spread to the bone and brain. Although they were able to 'cure' the cancer in the bone/brain, the one in the lung remains and still growing.

Therefore they have stopped treatment and said she only has months e.g. 3 months to live. This was in Jan 2017.

I feel like we are being punished. We have made mistakes in the past and repented, but I feel like we are being punished.

I am sad and angry at God, there are people who have done worse - those evil politicians etc and they are enjoying their life whilst a mother is just trying to train her kids and enjoy her life quietly (her children - I am oldest age 23, middle child age 21 and youngest age 18) with her husband (my dad)

I am confused, look at those girls who had children as a teenager or at a young age out of wedlock - should I have joined them so that my mother would have been able to see my kids and hold her grandchild? I am angry, bitter and jealous of a girl who is my age and had a baby out of wedlock age 20, her mother and grandmother are alive to see that child..whilst I am still a virgin age 23, and my mother is terminally ill only expected to live a few months and not see my children/her grandchildren - who gained?

I still have hope in God, as since November 2016 they were saying she only has weeks but she is still here, but now they said months in Jan 2017.

She has made 'some' progress considering her situation, e.g. she used to have seizures up to 5 times in one day but after many prayers the seizure has stopped on itself. She could not walk, and was on wheelchair - but now after many prayers and annointing oil she can walk and climb stairs. She seems to be having a sharper memory and she looks very healthy, but she still has that diagnosis over her and is still very unwell.

I feel like dying because I feel like my life is falling apart! Like we are cursed! Our enemies will be happy and those who have been jealous of my families previous success will be secretly happy if she dies.

Yesterday, I felt like breaking down - I am not from a rich family at all, but yesterday my dad paid a herbalist £1,500 which is 591,997.58 Nigerian Naira because we are desperately searching for alternative treatments as the doctors have given up on her. £1,500 is no joke, we are not rich at all and I know he suffered to get that money but we are desperate, and the man looks like a 419 but we are desperate.

I was originally catholic but now have joined redeemed and another church aswell as my catholic so I am currently running up and down going to 3 different churches aswell as praying at home. Plus trying to study for my final exams but finding it hard to concentrate.

1. God is not a good God and he let her die. Spare me that BS about if she dies its for the best and God knows best, what can be best about an 18 year old boy losing his mother? A mother who don dey sow sow sow and neva fit reap?

2. God is not real... and I have been living and defending a lie my whole life, and I have no divine protection...

Take heart sweets..... just remember it could always have been worse. Please be of good cheer.

I can't say I understand because I am not in your position nor have I experienced your situation but I have had my own share of severe troubles where it seemed the world was being dropped on me...... You know what sweets, I survived and from your writeup, you sound strong and I know you will survive too.

Just know baby in the end it will pass, like everything else it will pass.

Peace

1 Like

Re: Can God Still Work Miracles? Please Read And Answer Because I Am Breaking Down by dorry62(f): 6:35am On Feb 14, 2017
Be strong op
I personally do not know if
there can be a miracle.
But let me tell you sth
It doesn't matter if you believe
God,it changes nth about him.Believe me i doubted the
existence of God when my dad
was sick too,shortly before he
died years ago and last year
when my mum followed.
Serious i could not just accept
that my both parents would die
and God would just watch it happen.
And I'm young.Like real young.

But i've come to understand that God is real whether any one believes or not because i've felt his power. Since last year my mum left i've come to know him deeply. He is real.I've felt his power greatly in the past one year and I can't just doubt his existence.
He did not keep my parents,he has his reasons.
So Op do be strong.
I hope your mum gets better.

1 Like

Re: Can God Still Work Miracles? Please Read And Answer Because I Am Breaking Down by jmichlins(m): 6:54am On Feb 14, 2017
There's only one miracle in this world and that's falling in love. Your mom made a choice and she's paying dearly for it.
Re: Can God Still Work Miracles? Please Read And Answer Because I Am Breaking Down by id2019(m): 7:16am On Feb 14, 2017
God still work Miracles. He is the same yesterday, today and forever. I will recommend one of Bishop Oyedepo Book for you 'The Healing Balm' you mother is healed in Jesus Name. I curse the root of that cancer In The Mighty Name of Jesus

1 Like

Re: Can God Still Work Miracles? Please Read And Answer Because I Am Breaking Down by kevoh(m): 7:29am On Feb 14, 2017
I think what you guys need in that house is a full dose of positivity. You mentioned that your loving mum made some slight recovery and I believe staying positive might furhter help. Some times the body acts funny and starts its own self healing process.

I am not into all that religious mumbo jumbo, so I won't tell you to climb mountain or fast or pray. You need to do happy things that will take her mind away from having cancer, try and be as close to her as much as you can.
I wish her speedy recovery.
Re: Can God Still Work Miracles? Please Read And Answer Because I Am Breaking Down by ashantigirl83: 8:08am On Feb 14, 2017
jmichlins:
There's only one miracle in this world and that's falling in love. Your mom made a choice and she's paying dearly for it.

what choice did she make
Re: Can God Still Work Miracles? Please Read And Answer Because I Am Breaking Down by MaziOmenuko: 9:04am On Feb 14, 2017
Quite a sad tale. The bitter truth is that many people more rich and powerful than your mum has succumbed to cancer. Its the unfortunate circumstance we find ourselves. Hopefully, with extensive research as we have now, a cure will be found.

And...least I forget, theres no miracle anywhere waiting for your mum. Prayers has been as useless as you can imagine, and will continue to be useless.
Re: Can God Still Work Miracles? Please Read And Answer Because I Am Breaking Down by felixomor: 10:36am On Feb 14, 2017
MaziOmenuko:
Quite a sad tale. The bitter truth is that many people more rich and powerful than your mum has succumbed to cancer. Its the unfortunate circumstance we find ourselves. Hopefully, with extensive research as we have now, a cure will be found.

And...least I forget, theres no miracle anywhere waiting for your mum. Prayers has been as useless as you can imagine, and will continue to be useless.

SHUT UP,
Heartless Zombie

1 Like

Re: Can God Still Work Miracles? Please Read And Answer Because I Am Breaking Down by kizking: 2:02pm On Feb 14, 2017
ashantigirl83:

I would just tell u to visit scoan. if you believe.
Re: Can God Still Work Miracles? Please Read And Answer Because I Am Breaking Down by petra1(m): 4:01pm On Feb 14, 2017
ashantigirl83:

I will send personal message to you . There's a way
Re: Can God Still Work Miracles? Please Read And Answer Because I Am Breaking Down by Nobody: 4:14pm On Feb 14, 2017
This is quite sad.

OP, I'll advice you to cherish and stay close to your mother everyday.

Cancer is a very damaging disease. Hopefully with time, a cure will finally emerge and people won't lose loved ones any more from this dreaded disease.

I doubt prayers can do anything.

Just stay close to your mom.
Re: Can God Still Work Miracles? Please Read And Answer Because I Am Breaking Down by Nobody: 4:23pm On Feb 14, 2017
Wait everyone! The OP is fake
Re: Can God Still Work Miracles? Please Read And Answer Because I Am Breaking Down by chukslawrence(m): 4:47pm On Feb 14, 2017
The more happier she is, the longer she lives now. Stay close, and always make her Happy.
Re: Can God Still Work Miracles? Please Read And Answer Because I Am Breaking Down by Auki: 8:38pm On Feb 14, 2017
Pray humbly and earnestly to our creator- Allah to cure your mother. And do not turn your back again on to Him.

Do not call Jesus or any of His creation for cure.For Jesus pray not to himself but to His creator.

MayAllah cure ur dear mum and guide you to right path.
Re: Can God Still Work Miracles? Please Read And Answer Because I Am Breaking Down by Earth2Metahuman: 8:57pm On Feb 14, 2017
Just cherish the little time she had left.
Some people do beat cancer, who knows your mum might be among the lucky ones.
but instead of wasting time on fruitless prayers and 419 herbalists, cherish the moment you have with her.

Mazel tov
Re: Can God Still Work Miracles? Please Read And Answer Because I Am Breaking Down by 123CarZ(m): 11:06pm On Feb 14, 2017
The big question here should be 'can u believe that God still performs miracles' Ur faith in God is being put to test, ur faith in God must persevere, trusting God with all u have, having no other option beside God, it's like putting all ur eggs in one basket. Thats the only way ur faith can please God. But u resolved to patronising a harbalist instead, and yet expecting a miracle from God? U can't treat God as an option and expect Him to show up in ur case. God speaking in the bible, Hosea 4:6 ' My people are being destroyed because they don't know me. It is ur fault, u priests, for u urselves refuse to know me. Now i refuse to recognise u as my priests. Since u have forgotten the laws of ur God, i'll forget to bless ur children'.
2 Chro 7:14-15 'If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways. I'll hear from heaven god will forgive their sins and heal their land'. 15 'I'll listen to every prayer made in this place'.
Isaiah 53:4-6 'yet it was our weaknesses He carried, it was our own sorrows that weighed him down. And we thought his troubles were punishment from God for his own sins. But he was wounded and crushed for our sins. He was beaten that we may have peace. He wor whipped, and we were healed. All of ur have strayed away like sheep. We have left God's path to follow our own. Yet the lord laid on him the guilt and sins of us all'. Please read all the above verses prayerfully, then u and ur mum should meditate on ''by His strips i am healed'' day and night.
ashantigirl83:

The big question here should be 'can u believe that God still performs miracles' Ur faith in God is being put to test, ur faith in God must persevere, trusting God with all u have, having no other option beside God, it's like putting all ur eggs in one basket. Thats the only way ur faith can please God. But u resolved to patronising a harbalist instead, and yet expecting a miracle from God? U can't treat God as an option and expect Him to show up in ur case. God speaking in the bible, Hosea 4:6 ' My people are being destroyed because they don't know me. It is ur fault, u priests, for u urselves refuse to know me. Now i refuse to recognise u as my priests. Since u have forgotten the laws of ur God, i'll forget to bless ur children'.
2 Chro 7:14-15 'If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways. I'll hear from heaven god will forgive their sins and heal their land'. 15 'I'll listen to every prayer made in this place'.
Isaiah 53:4-6 'yet it was our weaknesses He carried, it was our own sorrows that weighed him down. And we thought his troubles were punishment from God for his own sins. But he was wounded and crushed for our sins. He was beaten that we may have peace. He wor whipped, and we were healed. All of ur have strayed away like sheep. We have left God's path to follow our own. Yet the lord laid on him the guilt and sins of us all'. Please read all the above verses prayerfully, then u and ur mum should meditate on ''by His strips i am healed'' day and night.
Re: Can God Still Work Miracles? Please Read And Answer Because I Am Breaking Down by joe4christ(m): 11:40pm On Feb 14, 2017
In as much as I wish your mum quick recovery. Fact still remains that you're not the first to loose a parent, I lost my Dad few days to my kid sis wedding. Some even loose both of their parent same day and yet they still live by moving on. You must learn to brace up cool
Re: Can God Still Work Miracles? Please Read And Answer Because I Am Breaking Down by GoodMuyis(m): 8:22am On Feb 15, 2017
God keep your family in Jesus Name
Re: Can God Still Work Miracles? Please Read And Answer Because I Am Breaking Down by Nobody: 9:06am On Feb 15, 2017
A young woman lost her only son and picked up the dead boy and ran from the hospital to the house of a wiseman and requested the wiseman to bring the boy back to life,the wiseman took the little boy from her and said take that empty jar,go get water from a home of anybody that has not lost anyone,only then I can raise your son back to life,off the woman go,with a little bit of hope and excitement she running in and out of every home enquiring to see which home that fit the wiseman request,three days later she returned back to the wiseman with an empty jar,the wiseman asked her,woman where's the water?wiseman I couldn't find anyone or any home that has not lost anyone.the wiseman said,am sorry young woman,but death is part of life it'll visit everyone in due course.

In 2004 my wife was your age when her mum was diagnosed with lungs cancer,she never smoked or anything,we all felt the same as you right now,unfortunately she passed on three months later.

Death is inevitable,it'll touch everything and everyone sooner or later,forget about those your so called enemies,you should not have one.one more thing,remember life is not a race,the only person that you're racing with is yourself,don't forget that.

I pray that god will give you guys the strength to bear the pain.
Re: Can God Still Work Miracles? Please Read And Answer Because I Am Breaking Down by LambanoPeace: 9:29am On Feb 15, 2017
ashantigirl83:

The Healing School Autumn Session holds in Canada from next month get her registered. It's free.

Be strong. God's alive and He more than enough
Re: Can God Still Work Miracles? Please Read And Answer Because I Am Breaking Down by Nobody: 4:04pm On Feb 15, 2017
My dear sister please don't give up on yourself.

You have to be strong for your mum and your family.

I have once being in that situation where I taught I won't be able to survive it but thank God I'm still alive.

I know It was God mercy and grace that kept me alive .

I'm a living testimony today.

I pray the Lord Will shower his mercy on your family

Remain bless
Re: Can God Still Work Miracles? Please Read And Answer Because I Am Breaking Down by beejaymoore(m): 10:34pm On Feb 17, 2017
Sent a message to you.. Inbox. God bless
Re: Can God Still Work Miracles? Please Read And Answer Because I Am Breaking Down by Nobody: 12:46am On Feb 18, 2017
Op, as harsh as it sounds, everyone has a date with death in this present age.

God can heal and he can also not heal. So make peace with either outcome and start preparing yourself.
Re: Can God Still Work Miracles? Please Read And Answer Because I Am Breaking Down by Nobody: 8:51am On Feb 18, 2017
ashantigirl83:

so in summary you are saying you are virgin@23 and you need a boyfriend?
Cc Seun, lalasticlala, mynd44

(1) (Reply)

What Nigeria’ll Lose If TB Joshua Yields To Israeli Calls To Relocate To Galilee / What Is The Hindu Trimurti? How Is It Different From The Christian Trinity? / Biblical Reply To A Thread: The Reason Why I Left Christianity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.