Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,622 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:25 PM

Me Lately - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Me Lately (577 Views)

Why Are Women Cheating More Than Men Lately? / What Romance Did To Me Lately Will Shock You / Help! My Girlfriend Has Been Acting Strange Lately (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Me Lately by enethecoco(f): 9:31am On Feb 14, 2017
Me Lately
Hello,
So lately, things have taken different turns, I don't think I've been in control of my life lately, I've let my guard down and I don't know if that's a good thing.
Normally, I have a playlist a very bubbling playlist, filled with happy songs, and maybe one sad love song at the end, but now I listen to sad sad love songs, you know like I lost a lover or something , the other day I was listening to katy perry's "the one that got away" and I got scared, what if I become like that? What if I meet someone really great and he gets away or I never find love at all because I've been too busy "guarding my heart" so that was what started it all I guess , the next thing I knew I was jumping up and down like a hungry lioness looking for who to devour (loool, I'm serious), I literally jumped at any little feeling I felt for any of my "toasters" because I never ever want to say "the one that got away". There was this high feeling of ecstasy that came from calling everyone baby, and acting like I really really liked this person (I really liked one tho/ I still do). After a while, I got tired of that kind of life, I mean I wonder how this runs babes do it, so I'm currently taking the wheels of my life back, if there's gonna be a "the one that got away" so be it man, like I guess God knows best .
I'm still kind of scared tho, my playlist now (in the order of how sad I feel) *oh my uterus*
1: Justin Bieber - Purpose
2: Ed sheran - Photograph
3: A great big world - Say Something
4: Sia - Big Girls Cry
5 : Rita Ora - Poison ( I don't know why I have this on my playlist tho)
6 : Keith urban and Carrie underwood - The Fighter
And other sad sad sad songs
I know I can be a drama queen and I act on little little things, but lately I've been acting on real feelings, I have been really scared , but I'm letting go ,I have no idea what I'm trying to protect exactly my heart? The one that could stop beating anytime?
Hearts are meant to be broken, if not they wouldn't be so fragile (I'm kidding)
But sometimes it takes a fall to appreciate how far you've gone, don't be like me, don't be a sad sulking person , really don't be like me tho don't go and start loving everybody.
This is not just for relationship or love life, its for every area of your life, go ahead take that risk, go that extra mile , buy that lovely expensive gown, go talk to that fine girl you really like .
Life's too short to be like me lately
If you don't give it all you got you're only cheating yourself, give it all you got, if it ends up happening, it ends up happening.
That's what's happening with me lately, its like giving God, I'm giving it all I got, sometimes I'm weak and I'm gonna do it and its like I'm not giving myself grace, I'm just like understanding that's just how it is .
Its like I keep telling my self I can't do it, but I don't know because I haven't tried, I guess I'm just gonna sit back and let fate run its course, I'm gonna do me and be happy
No more Excuses

1 Like

Re: Me Lately by xolocious(m): 10:30pm On Feb 18, 2017
I'm impressed, it's not just a story, you sounded like king Solomon (wisdom filled).
keep the fire burning, it's in you.
Re: Me Lately by greatnaija01: 1:42pm On Apr 14, 2017
I know you may be a drama queen but i would really like to be your friend and get to know you for real.... your thread makes too much sense. If you say NO, I wont be offended. thanks.. I do hope you reply or send a PM

enethecoco:
Me Lately
Hello,
So lately, things have taken different turns, I don't think I've been in control of my life lately, I've let my guard down and I don't know if that's a good thing.
Normally, I have a playlist a very bubbling playlist, filled with happy songs, and maybe one sad love song at the end, but now I listen to sad sad love songs, you know like I lost a lover or something , the other day I was listening to katy perry's "the one that got away" and I got scared, what if I become like that? What if I meet someone really great and he gets away or I never find love at all because I've been too busy "guarding my heart" so that was what started it all I guess , the next thing I knew I was jumping up and down like a hungry lioness looking for who to devour (loool, I'm serious), I literally jumped at any little feeling I felt for any of my "toasters" because I never ever want to say "the one that got away". There was this high feeling of ecstasy that came from calling everyone baby, and acting like I really really liked this person (I really liked one tho/ I still do). After a while, I got tired of that kind of life, I mean I wonder how this runs babes do it, so I'm currently taking the wheels of my life back, if there's gonna be a "the one that got away" so be it man, like I guess God knows best .
I'm still kind of scared tho, my playlist now (in the order of how sad I feel) *oh my uterus*
1: Justin Bieber - Purpose
2: Ed sheran - Photograph
3: A great big world - Say Something
4: Sia - Big Girls Cry
5 : Rita Ora - Poison ( I don't know why I have this on my playlist tho)
6 : Keith urban and Carrie underwood - The Fighter
And other sad sad sad songs
I know I can be a drama queen and I act on little little things, but lately I've been acting on real feelings, I have been really scared , but I'm letting go ,I have no idea what I'm trying to protect exactly my heart? The one that could stop beating anytime?
Hearts are meant to be broken, if not they wouldn't be so fragile (I'm kidding)
But sometimes it takes a fall to appreciate how far you've gone, don't be like me, don't be a sad sulking person , really don't be like me tho don't go and start loving everybody.
This is not just for relationship or love life, its for every area of your life, go ahead take that risk, go that extra mile , buy that lovely expensive gown, go talk to that fine girl you really like .
Life's too short to be like me lately
If you don't give it all you got you're only cheating yourself, give it all you got, if it ends up happening, it ends up happening.
That's what's happening with me lately, its like giving God, I'm giving it all I got, sometimes I'm weak and I'm gonna do it and its like I'm not giving myself grace, I'm just like understanding that's just how it is .
Its like I keep telling my self I can't do it, but I don't know because I haven't tried, I guess I'm just gonna sit back and let fate run its course, I'm gonna do me and be happy
No more Excuses

(1) (Reply)

thread closed / This Sidechick Ain't Scared, See Conversation / How To Get Free 1gb From MTN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.