Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,811 members, 7,802,613 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:19 PM

Top 10 Nigerian Foods With Sumptuous Aroma - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Top 10 Nigerian Foods With Sumptuous Aroma (2138 Views)

Rare Pictures Of Nigerian Foods Shown In The Most Tantalizing Way / 4 Nigerian Foods With Foreign Origin / Top Nigerian Food With Sumptuous Aroma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Nigerian Foods With Sumptuous Aroma by Foodiedame(f): 11:52am On Feb 14, 2017
Every food has it’s unique aroma. That’s why you can tell when your neighbour is preparing vegetable soup or when she’s preparing noodles. The aroma reaches the nose before the food reaches the mouth thus, the sense of smell explores our food before we eat it.

Smell does to discover and enjoy food as much as taste. If a food is going to taste good, you can tell by the aroma even though there have been exceptional cases whereby some food emit pleasant aroma but their taste doesn’t meet up.

Some food just get to implicate you especially, when you stay in a face me face you apartment where you relate well with your neighbors. They know when you’re preparing that nice food and know when to visit you.

The way your food smells also tells if a visitor will come back or not. Therefore, it’s good to know how to season your food rightly. Don’t put ogiri in a food that requires just stock cubes. In fact, I won’t forgive you if you give me that food.
So, here are my top 10 NIGERIAN FOODS WITH SUMPTUOUS AROMA:

They are categorized into Seasoned and Unseasoned because, there are foods that have aromas even without seasoning. But, there are some whose aromas come out best after you’ve seasoned them RIGHTLY.

Like I said in the forth paragraph, it’s necessary to season well and rightly to bring out the best of a food.
UNSEASONED
Amaranth soup

Amaranth soup

1. Vegetable(Amaranth) Soup: Amaranth is the most widely consumed vegetable in the Nigerian market. The aroma oozes out the moment your pour or dip it in hot water for blanching.
By the time you prepare the stew filled with stock fish, cray fish, IRU and pomo and you add the vegetable, your neighbors are finished. At that point, vegetable lovers salivate

2. Dodo: Dodo is still my most recognized unloyal food. It can’t be secretive. A few slices of dodo when dropped in hot oil releases such widespread scent that everyone around you become tempted to want to take a slice.

3. Noodles. Noodles: Just like dodo, noodles is also a spoilt brat that releases it gas once it gets in touch with water above room temperature.

4. Beans: Either prepared as cooked beans, beans pudding or beans cake, it will ooze out it’s lasting gas.

5. Garlic: Garlic contains a volatile sulphur compound which releases a crazy smell when chewed raw. But, I love the smell when it’s used as seasoning especially for chicken.
SEASONED

This set of food get their aromas room filling the moment they are well seasoned. Even though most of them have awesome aromas naturally, they perform better when seasoned.

1. Egusi Soup: One of my neighbours prepared egusi and for at least 2hours in two days, I perceived the aroma the moment I walk into the hostel.

2. Boiled Chicken: Chicken releases nice gas the moment it’s cooking but that smell can’t be compared to what it emits when it is well seasoned with onions and garlic.

3. Ogbono Soup: Ogbono announces itself the instant it is cooking. Even though you’ve prepared jollof rice for your arriving visitor, he reconsiders the food option as he perceives the aroma of Ogbono.

4. Banga: I’ve not prepared this before so, I can’t give details. But, I read and heard that it also performs well in the aroma competition.

5. Scent(Clove Basil) Leaves (Efinri): In life, some things were not made for the big role. Rather, for minor life changing roles. Preparing Scent leaf soup, stew or sauce is not as great as adding few leaves or little bits of it in food. Even pepper soup would miss it if it becomes absent. Clove Basil beef stew is just beef stew without it.

More at >> https://foodiedame.com/nigerian-foods-with-sumptuous-aroma/

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Foods With Sumptuous Aroma by midehi2(f): 11:54am On Feb 14, 2017
remove indomie, the rest na confirm grin

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Foods With Sumptuous Aroma by Foodiedame(f): 11:57am On Feb 14, 2017
midehi2:
remove indomie, the rest na confirm grin

haha grin
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Foods With Sumptuous Aroma by Kowor(f): 9:05pm On Feb 14, 2017
Pepper soup!

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Foods With Sumptuous Aroma by Kowor(f): 9:06pm On Feb 14, 2017
Pepper soup! Even if you are asleep, the aroma brings you to the real world.

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Foods With Sumptuous Aroma by Foodiedame(f): 9:32pm On Feb 14, 2017
Kowor:
Pepper soup! Even if you are asleep, the aroma brings you to the real world.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Foods With Sumptuous Aroma by Nobody: 4:41am On Feb 15, 2017
cheesy cheesy cheesyI can finally post in food section!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Foods With Sumptuous Aroma by jaysam28: 10:57am On Jun 22, 2021
i love all this food and i love getting recipes and diets like this to use daily at home and make delicious food...

more recipes at>>> https://juicymade.com/how-to-make-kunu-aya/
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Foods With Sumptuous Aroma by Lilusm: 11:53am On Jun 22, 2021
I really liked recipe number 10

(1) (Reply)

See What I Found Inside A Cooked Egg. Photo. / I Need Guideline How To Make A Better Semovita / PAYDAY DEALS!!! on www.decorhubng.com.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.