Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,527 members, 7,808,907 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:15 PM

How I Made My Delicious Roasted Tilapia, Pepper Sauce And Rice - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How I Made My Delicious Roasted Tilapia, Pepper Sauce And Rice (3553 Views)

Photo Of Roasted Corn In A Branded Sachet / Grilled Fish, Plantain And Pepper Sauce / How I Made My Delicious Weekend Fish Barbecue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Made My Delicious Roasted Tilapia, Pepper Sauce And Rice by andymofia(m): 2:03pm On Feb 14, 2017
Hi everyone, I like food. Well, maybe I should rephrase that. I LOVE GOOD Food.

Once in a while, I try my hands on one recipe or the other, and I found out they always come out nice, so I decided to record the making of this particular recipe to share with you guys as I have seen a few posted here on Nairaland. All in all, it took me about 2 hours to get everything done.

First, let's look at the recipe. Please note that I didn't get this from any cookbook, internet page or otherwise. I just used previous experience of recipes I have tried to put this together.

1. 2 medium size tilapia fish.
2. 4 cloves of garlic
3. fresh red pepper
4. dried ginger
5. scent leave (unfortunately, I don't know the real name of that leave, but I am sure most Nigerians know)
6. seasoning
7. salt
8. vinegar
9. Onion
10. Spring Onion

STEPS
1. Clean the tilapia, remove the scales and the intestines.

2. cut the body of the tilapia, this is to enable the marinade penetrate properly

3. grind the dried ginger.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Made My Delicious Roasted Tilapia, Pepper Sauce And Rice by midehi2(f): 2:06pm On Feb 14, 2017
following...
Re: How I Made My Delicious Roasted Tilapia, Pepper Sauce And Rice by andymofia(m): 2:11pm On Feb 14, 2017
4. grind some fresh pepper, onion and garlic together. Also add some scent leaves.

Re: How I Made My Delicious Roasted Tilapia, Pepper Sauce And Rice by andymofia(m): 2:15pm On Feb 14, 2017
5. Now, mix up the grounded ginger, add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil, with the pepper, onion and garlic.

6. Add Seasoning, add salt and we have the marinade.

Re: How I Made My Delicious Roasted Tilapia, Pepper Sauce And Rice by andymofia(m): 2:26pm On Feb 14, 2017
7. Now it's time to marinate the fish. Using a marinate brush or your properly washed hands, coat both sides of the fish with the marinade. make sure it enters inside the cuts on the side of the fish.

8. Sprinkle some vinegar the fish

9. Put in the fridge at 2 - 3 degrees for 2 hours.

Re: How I Made My Delicious Roasted Tilapia, Pepper Sauce And Rice by andymofia(m): 2:31pm On Feb 14, 2017
10. While our fish is marinading, I boiled white rice (I am sure I don't need to show that), and then went ahead to prepare the pepper sauce.

11. So I still had some pepper from the initial pepper I grounded (I removed some before adding up other things)

12. Cut some green pepper, spring onion and onion.

13. Heat up some oil, add the onions and spring onions at low heat for 40 seconds or less

14. Add the green pepper, and then the red pepper.

15. fry for 25 minutes, add seasoning and salt to taste

Re: How I Made My Delicious Roasted Tilapia, Pepper Sauce And Rice by andymofia(m): 2:42pm On Feb 14, 2017
16. Back to the fish. I have an electric grill, a charcoal grill and a small grill unit for the kitchen. Considering that the fish is small, I choose to use the small grill for the kitchen. Grill the fish between 150 degrees C and 170 degrees C. If you grill at a higher heat, the back of the fish will burn before it is properly cooked.

17. Set the grill interval to max of 30 minutes. So after 30 minutes, remove the fish and re-coat with some marinade to get a very delicious fish. depending on your grill too, always turn the fish from side to side at the 30 minutes intervals.

18. when the inside turns really white, be sure your tilapia is ready. You can as well taste to be sure.

Re: How I Made My Delicious Roasted Tilapia, Pepper Sauce And Rice by Pamelayoung: 2:44pm On Feb 14, 2017
I salute you o!
Re: How I Made My Delicious Roasted Tilapia, Pepper Sauce And Rice by andymofia(m): 2:47pm On Feb 14, 2017
So... lunch is served. IT really tasted nice, especially with the pepper sauce.

So what do you all think? Any ideas, thoughts, critics, suggestions...

missyb3

Re: How I Made My Delicious Roasted Tilapia, Pepper Sauce And Rice by Nobody: 3:13pm On Feb 14, 2017
Looks fantastic. You did a great job with the marinade.

2 Likes

Re: How I Made My Delicious Roasted Tilapia, Pepper Sauce And Rice by andymofia(m): 5:16pm On Feb 14, 2017
NotOfThis:
Looks fantastic. You did a great job with the marinade.

Ok, thanks.
Re: How I Made My Delicious Roasted Tilapia, Pepper Sauce And Rice by Janeyinspires(f): 7:13pm On Feb 14, 2017
andymofia:
So... lunch is served. IT really tasted nice, especially with the pepper sauce.

So what do you all think? Any ideas, thoughts, critics, suggestions...

missyb3

Sure it will taste nice and yummy....already drooling over the fish.I would love to try it out.
I love it when guys cook,not just to survive but to stay healthy.
Re: How I Made My Delicious Roasted Tilapia, Pepper Sauce And Rice by andymofia(m): 3:14am On Feb 15, 2017
Janeyinspires:

Sure it will taste nice and yummy....already drooling over the fish.I would love to try it out.
I love it when guys cook,not just to survive but to stay healthy.

Thanks
Re: How I Made My Delicious Roasted Tilapia, Pepper Sauce And Rice by andymofia(m): 11:58am On Feb 15, 2017
no comments? Lalasticlala come and see my cooking.
Re: How I Made My Delicious Roasted Tilapia, Pepper Sauce And Rice by Valfrankie(m): 2:14pm On Feb 15, 2017
What I think is: YOU SHOULD HAVE INVITED ME TO EAT!!!! crycrycry I promise, I won't touch the RICE, just give me fish angry
Re: How I Made My Delicious Roasted Tilapia, Pepper Sauce And Rice by andymofia(m): 2:55pm On Feb 15, 2017
Valfrankie:
What I think is: YOU SHOULD HAVE INVITED ME TO EAT!!!! crycrycry I promise, I won't touch the RICE, just give me fish angry

lol, I'll keep that in mind
Re: How I Made My Delicious Roasted Tilapia, Pepper Sauce And Rice by Nobody: 3:07pm On Feb 15, 2017
Mouth watering. smiley
Re: How I Made My Delicious Roasted Tilapia, Pepper Sauce And Rice by sholay2011(m): 8:49pm On Feb 15, 2017
@OP...May God forgive you for this visual torture. sad

You tried bro.
Re: How I Made My Delicious Roasted Tilapia, Pepper Sauce And Rice by andymofia(m): 9:28am On Feb 16, 2017
sholay2011:
@OP...May God forgive you for this visual torture. sad

You tried bro.

Hahahahahaha, you are invited bro.
Re: How I Made My Delicious Roasted Tilapia, Pepper Sauce And Rice by Nobody: 4:38am On Feb 18, 2017
neat smiley im not that good at cooking fish
Re: How I Made My Delicious Roasted Tilapia, Pepper Sauce And Rice by Nobody: 4:42am On Feb 18, 2017
andymofia:
16. Back to the fish. I have an electric grill, a charcoal grill and a small grill unit for the kitchen. Considering that the fish is small, I choose to use the small grill for the kitchen. Grill the fish between 150 degrees C and 170 degrees C. If you grill at a higher heat, the back of the fish will burn before it is properly cooked.

17. Set the grill interval to max of 30 minutes. So after 30 minutes, remove the fish and re-coat with some marinade to get a very delicious fish. depending on your grill too, always turn the fish from side to side at the 30 minutes intervals.

18. when the inside turns really white, be sure your tilapia is ready. You can as well taste to be sure.

shocked I can not understand why no woman has married u
Re: How I Made My Delicious Roasted Tilapia, Pepper Sauce And Rice by andymofia(m): 8:14pm On Feb 18, 2017
RedRubberDucky:

shocked I can not understand why no woman has married u

Lol, how are you sure none has?

1 Like

Re: How I Made My Delicious Roasted Tilapia, Pepper Sauce And Rice by Nobody: 8:17pm On Feb 18, 2017
andymofia:

Lol, one has married me already.
oh smiley
Re: How I Made My Delicious Roasted Tilapia, Pepper Sauce And Rice by shilz(f): 7:22am On Feb 19, 2017
The real name is basil leaf.
Re: How I Made My Delicious Roasted Tilapia, Pepper Sauce And Rice by udysweet(f): 2:54pm On Feb 19, 2017
NAwa o. I chose to open this thread on a day I'm so fagged out and hungry. The trip from church has worn me out, lol. Let me just drool over the food, and find strength later to prepare some to eat, lol
Re: How I Made My Delicious Roasted Tilapia, Pepper Sauce And Rice by andymofia(m): 8:22am On Feb 20, 2017
shilz:
The real name is basil leaf.

Ok, thanks. Now I know. kiss
Re: How I Made My Delicious Roasted Tilapia, Pepper Sauce And Rice by odaniel1(m): 12:18pm On Feb 20, 2017
But wait o op, chai u b man o! And u dy cook ds kind thing.
Abeg cm teach me na.
Tried learning to cook a hundred times, failed @ d attempt 1000! cry
Re: How I Made My Delicious Roasted Tilapia, Pepper Sauce And Rice by andymofia(m): 2:08pm On Feb 20, 2017
odaniel1:
But wait o op, chai u b man o! And u dy cook ds kind thing.
Abeg cm teach me na.
Tried learning to cook a hundred times, failed @ d attempt 1000! cry

cooking is easy and fun. if you put your mind to it, you can do it.

(1) (Reply)

If You Were Offered #2M Cash To Eat One Of These Meals, Will You? (Photos) / Check out this Indomie Super Pack Cake. Did I get it right? / Top 10 Best Nigerian Dishes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.