Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:42 PM

Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats (43160 Views)

FG Increases Abuja-kaduna Train Fares By 100% / Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats / Abuja-kaduna Train Schedule (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by MrExcel(m): 3:33pm On Feb 14, 2017
Nigerians are used to suffering oh. If na America dey no go even green make the train comot but 9ja go manage. This country dey worst Everyday.
Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by Nobody: 3:33pm On Feb 14, 2017
ge
Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by otswag(m): 3:34pm On Feb 14, 2017
ROSYL:
People stand and sit all the time in trains in London! What's s the fuss all about?
Tnk u o my sister. I guess it's bcoz standing and sitting in western countries looks alot tusher than here .. Lol
Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by Odingo1: 3:34pm On Feb 14, 2017
It is not a big deal,they also need to extend that to other part of Nigeria, everything must not be for only the North and SW.

1 Like

Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by OgaJonah(m): 3:35pm On Feb 14, 2017
Which kind wahala be dis
Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by mmsen: 3:35pm On Feb 14, 2017
awesomet1:

Not in long distance trains. No passenger stands in a long-distance train journey.

I've seen people stand from Birmingham to London which isn't that much shorter than the distance between Abuja and Kaduna and probably takes longer because of all the stops in between.

I don't think either is right - it's a horrible experience wherever you are but the British system isn't the best example to use when it comes to customer satisfaction or efficiency.

3 Likes

Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by Nobody: 3:36pm On Feb 14, 2017
MrExcel:
Nigerians are used to suffering oh. If na America dey no go even green make the train comot but 9ja go manage. This country dey worst Everyday.
SUFFERING AND SMILING.. has always been our problem... Kano train is worst.....

1 Like

Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by joepepsy(m): 3:36pm On Feb 14, 2017
The lack of exposure among Nigeria young generation baffles me.
ROSYL:
People stand and sit all the time in trains in London! What's s the fuss all about?

1 Like

Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by Eddie4all: 3:37pm On Feb 14, 2017
ROSYL:
so cos its dn in london makes it ryt abi
Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by Bullet1234(m): 3:38pm On Feb 14, 2017
Standing on the Train isn't a crime. London train you see people standing even ex PM David Cameron

1 Like

Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by Nobody: 3:39pm On Feb 14, 2017
toyinjimoh:
I believe Nigeria railway will be fast as dt of foreign countries
Maybe in your great grand children children's generation..
Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by ilyasom(m): 3:39pm On Feb 14, 2017
Wow, check the face book name, she's both igbo and hausa
Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by justicee4all: 3:39pm On Feb 14, 2017
greatwhite:
It happens when demand is higher than supply. So long as it takes you to your destination. You need not worry. Nigeria would get there someday.

Very true sir, we will get there some day

1 Like

Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by onadana: 3:40pm On Feb 14, 2017
greatwhite:
It happens when demand is higher than supply. So long as it takes you to your destination. You need not worry. Nigeria would get there someday.

RECEIVE SENSE.....RECEIVE IT NOW.I SAY NOW.
Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by Maydfourth: 3:41pm On Feb 14, 2017
Why is it that we can never get anything right in this country??
Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by Harwoyeez(m): 3:42pm On Feb 14, 2017
People stand n sit in trains all over d world...so no big deal

1 Like

Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by mamdanju: 3:42pm On Feb 14, 2017
Even in UK sometimes the train is crowded and people seat on any available place
Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by Nobody: 3:43pm On Feb 14, 2017
`

1 Like

Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by ehispapa(m): 3:43pm On Feb 14, 2017
even in malaysia here , we stand and sit on the floor of trains. No wahala, as far the money for the ticket gets to the Government.
Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by drnoel: 3:43pm On Feb 14, 2017
informant001:
A public outcry has been made by a "frustrated" about the morning train from Abuja-Kaduna. According to Umma Amadi Rimi, the passengers are being frustrated by the rail officials who sell more tickets than the number of seats thereby leaving travellers stranded. This was shared in order to call the attention of the right authorities.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/02/travellers-sit-on-floor-after-being.html

There is really nothing wrong with this. Happens everywhere even in America and Europe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by Nobody: 3:45pm On Feb 14, 2017
Eddie4all:

so cos its dn in london makes it ryt abi

It doesn't make it right and it's not wrong either! They should have waited for another train! No one forced them to get in! Sometimes, you will even be begging to get somewhere to stand!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by udy4real(m): 3:46pm On Feb 14, 2017
awesomet1:

Not in long distance trains. No passenger stands in a long-distance train journey.

You forgot to ask her if she's been to London before
Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by Nobody: 3:46pm On Feb 14, 2017
`

2 Likes

Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by Nobody: 3:48pm On Feb 14, 2017
I thanked God I got somewhere to stand on my way to work this morning!
Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by Nobody: 3:49pm On Feb 14, 2017
ROSYL:

So because it happens in London it's normal? According to your logic, lmfao!!!
Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by DESTINY41(m): 3:49pm On Feb 14, 2017
Mouthgag:

They have started o

Bastard greedy Wasteful enemies of progress.

If I were in the top management, I WILL SACK ALL THE THIEVES RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS NONSENSE. angry

Thats how they keep blabbing , give dem power .they'd turn beast
Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by Nobody: 3:50pm On Feb 14, 2017
allrightsir:

People stand in trains all the time, I have stood on trains from London to Bristol many times.

The same people who are moaning will be begging to stand if they said seats are full and they can't male the journey.

Now we know you've been to London and Bristol! Gtfoh
Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by Nobody: 3:51pm On Feb 14, 2017
Is not good for it durability. Maintenance is only the viable means to sustain existing infrastructure. Developed countries spend more on maintenance than building
Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by Nobody: 3:51pm On Feb 14, 2017
`

1 Like

Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by bojobulege: 3:51pm On Feb 14, 2017
informant001:
A public outcry has been made by a "frustrated" about the morning train from Abuja-Kaduna. According to Umma Amadi Rimi, the passengers are being frustrated by the rail officials who sell more tickets than the number of seats thereby leaving travellers stranded. This was shared in order to call the attention of the right authorities.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/02/travellers-sit-on-floor-after-being.html

Its no big deal. There is absolutely no country where people don't stand in trains. I once stood nose to nose with Ken Livingston on a suburban train from London to Kent. I ignored him because I did not like his politics. With the best will in the world, when the railway system is fully established, trains will be full to overflowing at rush hour. Thats just the way it is folks.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Czech Republic Offers To Pay Nigerians, Others Money To Leave Country / Man Spotted Seriously Eating On A Moving Danfo / Are These Not Signs Of Increasing Homelessness In Lagos State? (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.