Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,673 members, 7,801,938 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:28 AM

Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats (43154 Views)

FG Increases Abuja-kaduna Train Fares By 100% / Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats / Abuja-kaduna Train Schedule (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by KanwuliaExtra: 3:52pm On Feb 14, 2017
Have you blamed GEJ today again? grin
When the train crash, dem go say na FULANI HERDSMEN cause am ke! grin
Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by chukxie(m): 3:52pm On Feb 14, 2017
It's not a big deal. It's a common sight in the part of the world where I reside. Sometimes even people stand on speed teains. I've stood for hours on trains many times.

3 Likes

Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by Nobody: 3:55pm On Feb 14, 2017
`

1 Like

Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by Yameater(m): 3:58pm On Feb 14, 2017
Mouthgag:

They have started o

Bastard greedy Wasteful enemies of progress.

If I were in the top management, I WILL SACK ALL THE THIEVES RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS NONSENSE. angry

See ehhhh!!!!!
Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by adimsmt: 4:04pm On Feb 14, 2017
informant001:
A public outcry has been made by a "frustrated" about the morning train from Abuja-Kaduna. According to Umma Amadi Rimi, the passengers are being frustrated by the rail officials who sell more tickets than the number of seats thereby leaving travellers stranded. This was shared in order to call the attention of the right authorities.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/02/travellers-sit-on-floor-after-being.html

Wash a pig, dress a pig, a pig will still be a pig. Nigeria is failed state, until we Nigerians realize it and go back to the basics by restructuring the country holistically we will continue going in circles.
Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by Nobody: 4:11pm On Feb 14, 2017
`

1 Like

Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by vatiqan(m): 4:13pm On Feb 14, 2017
greatwhite:
It happens when demand is higher than supply. So long as it takes you to your destination. You need not worry. Nigeria would get there someday.

I hate you cos of this thrash you just posted. Shey na like this we go dey dey? For how long? When would we get it right for once
Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by ogbonti: 4:14pm On Feb 14, 2017
what if it the very people who are complaining now demanded to pay to board when they were told the seats are unavailable? We talk as if we are no longer Nigerians.. In naija, people will beg you for favors that will make even the devil scream in horror.

1 Like

Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by naijafresh: 4:15pm On Feb 14, 2017
It is very easy to work out the non exposed by the comments here, standing on a rush hour train is a common occurrence everywhere in the world with a rail system, even the most efficient.
To avoid standing I suggest you leave home early, if you don't want to stand don't board and either get a refund or wait for a later train.
Nobody forced you on to the train.

With a nascent rail system like ours we need to recoup costs and make it viable so I won't blame them for selling more tickets than seats.

What they should do is analyse demand and consider more frequent services if viable, remember empty trains don't make money. They wont bring a train into service just to carry a few extra passengers.

3 Likes

Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by obailala(m): 4:16pm On Feb 14, 2017
I have said it before, if these new high speed trains are going to last long and serve Nigeria efficiently, the government should take its hands off its management; the trains should be immediately concessioned to private establishments that can run it as a profit making venture, not as another government liability.

1 Like

Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by vatiqan(m): 4:17pm On Feb 14, 2017
okooloyun1:
When it reach dis level I go comment

You wicked, ehn....
Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by Vicolan: 4:21pm On Feb 14, 2017
This is nothing naw. There is still space oo. When i entered last passengers were sitting ontop of the train no space to sidon self

1 Like

Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by Egomah(m): 4:27pm On Feb 14, 2017
Don't always look for the bad to say about Nigeria, even here in the USA, I travel from New Jersey to new York mostly standing. And some people have been standing from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania via New Jersey Transit train. Its a normal thing. Even buses here they stand within the city when the seats are full.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by bakila: 4:34pm On Feb 14, 2017
We need more trains. Nigerians have begin to think sustainability. Thank God for Change and Ameachi.
Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by RALPHOW(m): 4:37pm On Feb 14, 2017
informant001:
A public outcry has been made by a "frustrated" about the morning train from Abuja-Kaduna. According to Umma Amadi Rimi, the passengers are being frustrated by the rail officials who sell more tickets than the number of seats thereby leaving travellers stranded. This was shared in order to call the attention of the right authorities.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/02/travellers-sit-on-floor-after-being.html

THIS IS NOT A BIG DEAL, EVEN IN LONDON PEOPLE STAND AND IF YOU LIKE YOU CAN SEAT ON THE FLOOR,
BUT GUYS ALWAYS SEAT WITH STYLE NOT LIKE AN ILLITERATE .

2 Likes

Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by RALPHOW(m): 4:38pm On Feb 14, 2017
informant001:

THIS IS NOT A BIG DEAL, EVEN IN LONDON PEOPLE STAND INSIDE TRAIN AND IF YOU LIKE YOU CAN SEAT ON THE FLOOR,
BUT GUYS ALWAYS SEAT WITH STYLE NOT LIKE AN ILLITERATE .
Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by bakila: 4:38pm On Feb 14, 2017
ayoolanr:

So because it happens in London it's normal? According to your logic, lmfao!!!
It is normal everywhere. Use the Japanese model below for your valentine delight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1qC78MLqhU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNMao5AQlUk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7kor5nHtZQ

1 Like

Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by AZeD1(m): 4:42pm On Feb 14, 2017
ayoolanr:

So because it happens in London it's normal? According to your logic, lmfao!!!
If you don't want to stand, you can wait for the next one, its that simple.
Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by bakila: 4:43pm On Feb 14, 2017
Egomah:
Don't always look for the bad to say about Nigeria, even here in the USA, I travel from New Jersey to new York mostly standing. And some people have been standing from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania via New Jersey Transit train. Its a normal thing. Even buses here they stand within the city when the seats are full.
Thank you my brother. That is why there is a discount for rush hour and regular hours in those places.
Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by Iko5000: 4:44pm On Feb 14, 2017
Yes but not on a long Journey . Your pic is a city underground train network . For a journey over two hours where you pay lots of money you surely need a seat.

Bullet1234:
Standing on the Train isn't a crime. London train you see people standing even ex PM David Cameron
Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by 989900: 4:57pm On Feb 14, 2017
Just get more coaches and engines, Amaechi -- business is booming!
Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by Laid2001: 5:03pm On Feb 14, 2017
Some villagers think this is a big deal.
It is not, it happens everywhere in the world. You only get guarantee of a seat if you enter first class.!
Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by bsop: 5:07pm On Feb 14, 2017
It happen allover the world our perception only differs.
Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by ayobamiakinrind(m): 5:19pm On Feb 14, 2017
greatwhite:
It happens when demand is higher than supply. So long as it takes you to your destination. You need not worry. Nigeria would get there someday.

Do you believe in equity?
Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by ayobamiakinrind(m): 5:21pm On Feb 14, 2017
bakila:
We need more trains. Nigerians have begin to think sustainability. Thank God for Change and Ameachi.

How many has he bought?
Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by linkin8k(m): 5:24pm On Feb 14, 2017
More tickets were sold than seats. Someone is getting those extra ticket fee not the FG.

This is corruption.

Standing in UK trains is due to the various stops getting more people before the final destination. This is not the same.

This is corruption.
Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by Nuezha(m): 5:26pm On Feb 14, 2017
What's the fuss?! I stood in a train from Surrey Quays to Heathrow: a journey of one hour.
Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by Nobody: 5:40pm On Feb 14, 2017
Somewhere in London. People stands

Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by duketerry22(m): 6:00pm On Feb 14, 2017
This train will turn into a slum in no time and it will soon pack up
Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by Aragon: 6:21pm On Feb 14, 2017
ROSYL:
People stand and sit all the time in trains in London! What's s the fuss all about?

I was going to say the same thing as it happens everyday here but then I looked at the Distance... Abuja-Kaduna
Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by Donsy(m): 6:37pm On Feb 14, 2017
It happen everyday in the world, even in Asia here the sit some times not enough for all passengers but in their culture the young one always get up for the elderly and pregnant women to sit. Though you will be notify that there will be no sit for you before buying the ticket.
Re: Travelers Sit On The Floor As Abuja-Kaduna Train Sells More Tickets Than Seats by adimsmt: 6:53pm On Feb 14, 2017
allrightsir:

One the one hand I agree but the rot has set in to an extent that the same result will await a restructured country. I ask you who are the people that will be in charge of the restructured units, are they not the same senators, governors etc who collect monies for their region and cart it away to London?

Did Fedearl govt not give money to Niger Delta for reconstruction, under OBJ, under Yaradua, under GEJ, do you see any reconstruction in the Niger Delta? The money ended up in luxury homes in Ghana and private jets....is it not the same people that will be in charge of Niger Delta?

I understand you and i agree with you yes the same people may be in charge but when states stop going to Abuja for handout, when states or regions controls its own resources, when we practice true federalism that will foster competitions among states or regions, when citizens start focusing there attentions on states or regions there will be a change. I always say if we want to get it right we most as a matter of fact do it right.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Are These Not Signs Of Increasing Homelessness In Lagos State? (PHOTOS) / 7 Tourist Centers You Didn’t Know Existed In Nigeria (photos) / Man Spotted Seriously Eating On A Moving Danfo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.