Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

Power Generation Hit 4,200 MW - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Generation Hit 4,200 MW (919 Views)

Nigerians Can Now Buy And Sell Electricity (2 MW Minimum) - Fashola / Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW / APC Celebration In Elele, Rivers Turns Bloody As Bullets Hit 4 People (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Power Generation Hit 4,200 MW by realjoker(m): 3:15pm On Feb 14, 2017
Source: System operator of the TCN

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation Hit 4,200 MW by mex22: 3:22pm On Feb 14, 2017
that's what we have been hearing for ages,4,000megawatts.no improvement?is it a taboo if it gets to 10,000megawatts.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4,200 MW by sarrki(m): 3:25pm On Feb 14, 2017
What's the update on the solar in Katsina, kaduna, kano, zamfara, kano and jigawa ?

The restive youth in the great SS should give peace a chance to fir the turbine in existence to get more energy

We ate only dependent on the hydro presently

We should do more in research and training so that nuclear can get running in the next 10 years

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Power Generation Hit 4,200 MW by signz: 3:28pm On Feb 14, 2017
sarrki:
What's the update on the solar in Katsina, kaduna, kano, zamfara, kano and jigawa ?

The restive youth in the great SS should give peace a chance to fir the turbine in existence to get more energy

We ate only dependent on the hydro presently

We should do more in research and training so that[b] nuclear [/b]can get running in the next 10 years

God forbid.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4,200 MW by ajepako(f): 3:45pm On Feb 14, 2017
4, 200MW da?

Maybe only in Aso Rock because in my hood, we have light for 30 minutes to one hour daily..

Generator all through ...

Awon werey!
Re: Power Generation Hit 4,200 MW by realjoker(m): 3:56pm On Feb 14, 2017
mex22:
that's what we have been hearing for ages,4,000megawatts.no improvement?is it a taboo if it gets to 10,000megawatts.
As you can see from the above graphics we currently have 11,000MW installed capacity while 7,100MW are available out of it and 5,500MW is operational. If militants desist from pipeline vandalization we will definitely hit 6,000MW and above with 7,100MW available capacity and hope to revive the 4,000MW non available of our installed capacity in the nearest future when the numerous gas pipeline projects to provide fuel to the redundant gas turbines. And 700MW will come on stream from The ongoing construction of the Zungeru hydroelectric latest 2020, Kaduna plants is also in final stages of construction.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Hit 4,200 MW by Chikelue2000(m): 3:57pm On Feb 14, 2017
Power generation on paper or computer right?
Anyone who quotes me eh!!!
For over 3months now we have not smiled light not even half current in a total of 2hours. D worse is when they wana cut light, they bring d light in disguise. Na thunder go fire dis imbeciles
Re: Power Generation Hit 4,200 MW by realjoker(m): 3:58pm On Feb 14, 2017
ajepako:
4, 200MW da?

Maybe only in Aso Rock because in my hood, we have light for 30 minutes to one hour daily..

Generator all through ...

Awon werey!
Chikelue2000:
Power generation on paper or computer right?
Anyone who quotes me eh!!!
For over 3months now we have not smiled light not even half current in a total of 2hours. D worse is when they wana cut light, they bring d light in disguise. Na thunder go fire dis imbeciles
Lolz.. If that are your cased, you must be living in one of the remote village in your locality. Relocate to better location.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4,200 MW by ajepako(f): 4:02pm On Feb 14, 2017
realjoker:

Lolz.. If that are your cased, you must be living in one of the remote village in your locality. Relocate to better location.

Gbagada-pedro axis of Lagos is remote village?

I laugh in Gujarati....
Re: Power Generation Hit 4,200 MW by sarrki(m): 4:05pm On Feb 14, 2017
signz:

God forbid.

God is not a man
Re: Power Generation Hit 4,200 MW by omowolewa: 4:15pm On Feb 14, 2017
E neva reach house o
Re: Power Generation Hit 4,200 MW by Nobody: 4:17pm On Feb 14, 2017
Anytime Buhari is on vacation, we hit most targets

- replacement of TCN MD
- no more bombings of installations (oil), villages (BH)
- increase in power generation in non-rainy season period
- US calls
Re: Power Generation Hit 4,200 MW by realjoker(m): 4:27pm On Feb 14, 2017
ajepako:

I laugh in Gujarati....

If that is the case mobilize guys of your area and lay siege on your EDC to demand for the reason of leaving your neighborhood in total darkness.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4,200 MW by seunowa(f): 4:29pm On Feb 14, 2017
realjoker:

Here in ile-ife(where I schl).we enjoy light 4 at least 14hrs a day...During December,in Lagos(where I stay) we had light 4 at least 21hrs a day...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Power Generation Hit 4,200 MW by Nobody: 4:30pm On Feb 14, 2017
4,200MW for a population of close to 200 million. Shame dey catch me for dat country.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4,200 MW by REDshouse(m): 4:30pm On Feb 14, 2017
ajepako:

I laugh in Gujarati....
you right we in gbagada are enjoying darkness from ikedc ... my dear where in gbagda do u reside
Re: Power Generation Hit 4,200 MW by MrMoRitz: 4:32pm On Feb 14, 2017
Is this something to be happy about? When most civilised countries generate millions of MW
Re: Power Generation Hit 4,200 MW by realjoker(m): 5:09pm On Feb 14, 2017
MrMoRitz:
Is this something to be happy about? When most civilised countries generate millions of MW
We should be happy that it is now rising, it shows that our brothers in the creeks have desist from vandalism of gas pipelines. And no civilized country generate Million MWH in the world and must we generate far beyond our requirements because we want to generate as much MW as civilised nation does? Our current peak demand forecast is a little below 2GW and it do drop to as low as 1.4GW.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4,200 MW by iluvdonjazzy: 5:28pm On Feb 14, 2017
YET NO LIGHT
Re: Power Generation Hit 4,200 MW by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 5:29pm On Feb 14, 2017
realjoker:
We should be happy that it is now rising, it shows that our brothers in the creeks have desist from vandalism of gas pipelines. And no civilized country generate Million MWH in the world and must we generate far beyond our requirements because we want to generate as much MW as civilised nation does? Our current peak demand forecast is a little below 2GW and it do drop to as low as 1.4GW.

How can our peak demand be 2GW?
Re: Power Generation Hit 4,200 MW by realjoker(m): 5:36pm On Feb 14, 2017
EnigmaticEnigma:

How can our peak demand be 2GW?
check the graphics above, our peak demand forecast is a little bit below 2GW. GW = 000 MW

(1) (Reply)

More Nigerians Troop To London To See Their President (hilarious Photo) / FG Activates $20bn Gas Industrial Park In Niger Delta / A President That Will Not Read The Paper Put before Him B4 He Put "Approved".

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.