Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,765 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:04 PM

Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. - Autos (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. (38534 Views)

US Air Force Unveils Flying Car That Could Shuttle Troops Across War Zones (Pix) / Meet SOFIA, World's Biggest Flying Observatory With A Flight Cost Of N35.9M/Hr / Photos : See The Flying Taxi Made By Chinese Firm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. by babkunlex(m): 9:26pm On Feb 14, 2017
victorious001:
what will they not invent?
That's a nation thinking ahead!
Re: Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. by maasoap(m): 9:27pm On Feb 14, 2017
LordAdam7:
Sometime I wonder what Nigeria would have been like if our population was much smaller and had just one ethnic group.

-Lord
Neither the population nor the multi ethnicity is our problem. We're simply kleptomanics in this country. I'm even surprised by your post about the population and ethnic.
Re: Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:35pm On Feb 14, 2017
This tiny nation is just breaking grounds anyhowly.
Re: Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. by Dee60: 9:43pm On Feb 14, 2017
Meanwhile Nigeria is yet to have light!

I can bet that Nigeria has by far the largest number of petrol and diesel generators in the world. Even our presidentail villa runs on diesel gen!
Something is grossly wrong!
Re: Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. by delivryboy: 9:50pm On Feb 14, 2017
Admin401:

Not when the average IQ of that country is sitting at 68

Can't compare it with China, where their Average IQ is in triple digit. (105)

Back in junior secondary school, one dude would look at the shape of our feet and tell which one of us would be a good footballer by the shape of our feet, he told me my feet were not well shaped for soccer, I believed him, I lost hope in any serious soccer career, I grew up asking myself how stupid was I to have believed such trash from a fellow slippers wearing JS3 stdent. I don't want you to grow up asking yourself how you managed to believe this IQ crap. Please wake up and come out of it. I mean early enough.
Re: Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. by iukpe: 9:52pm On Feb 14, 2017
fratermathy:
And Nigeria is still using Okada, Molue and Keke

Is it not the same oil money that we are using?
You missed danfo buses.

1 Like

Re: Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. by Nobody: 9:59pm On Feb 14, 2017
delivryboy:

Back in junior secondary school, one dude would look at the shape of our feet and tell which one of us would be a good footballer by the shape of our feet, he told me my feel were not well shaped for soccer, I believed him, I lost hope in any serious soccer career, I grew up asking myself how stupid I was to have believed such trash from a fellow slippers wearing JS3 stdent. I don't want you to grow up asking yourself how you managed to believe this IQ crap. Please wake up and come out of it. I mean early enough.

LOLLLOL. just proved my point. hahaha

A Junior Secondary student (3) doesn't know that the shape of his feet has nothing to do with how well he performs on the field when he comes to soccer, Niqqa, i proved maxwell's equation of light when i was in jss2 while you where busy falling for every superstitious story every told.

you are the reason our average IQ has dropped so low, and there are so many like you.

SAD.

I'm kidding about the maxwell thing ofcourse, but the others maybe fact.
Re: Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. by delivryboy: 10:12pm On Feb 14, 2017
Admin401:

LOLLLOL. just proved my point. hahaha

A Junior Secondary student (3) doesn't know that the shape of his feet has nothing to do with how well he performs on the field when he comes to soccer, Niqqa, i proved maxwell's equation of light when i was in jss2 while you where busy falling for every superstitious story every told.

you are the reason our average IQ has dropped so low, and there are so many like you.

SAD.

I'm kidding about the maxwell thing ofcourse, but the others maybe fact.

Your IQ was really high in JS2, but hasn't improved at all since then, you still spew this on nairaland years after such impressive IQ ratings? Why wont I be stupid in JS3? It's part of the process of growing up.

Dunning–Kruger effect
Re: Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. by Nobody: 10:18pm On Feb 14, 2017
delivryboy:

Your IQ was really high in JS2, but hasn't improved at all since then, you still spew this on nairaland years after such impressive IQ ratings? Why wont I be stupid in JS3? It's part of the process of growing up.

Dunning–Kruger effect

Mayb next time read the entire comment. Looks like nothing changed since JSS3 for you

Good to know.

Dunning-kruger effect

more like Meme-Kruger effect.
Re: Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. by Rotji(m): 10:28pm On Feb 14, 2017
LordAdam7:
Sometime I wonder what Nigeria would have been like if our population was much smaller and had just one ethnic group.

-Lord

Bros, they will still be fighting family by family, clan by clan and villages against villages. May God deliver us
Re: Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. by apadious1(m): 10:33pm On Feb 14, 2017
and our minister of science wants us to start exporting pencil by 2019 n the other wants us to dress masquerades.......chai
Re: Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. by LordAdam7: 11:04pm On Feb 14, 2017
delivryboy:

If Nigeria had had one tenth of its population and single ethnic group and monotheist but with the same crooked mind set, Nigeria would still be this bad, maybe worse. My friend, population is an advantage in most highly populated countries so is ethnic and cultural diversity.

Really?

The only success story of recent times with same cultural and demographic diversity as Nigeria is India. And it had very little to do with the diversity, India has always been a successful nation. Even when it was subcontinent and still wasn't split into today's Pakistan, Bangladesh, and Nepal, India was the most prolific civilization in the East.

Every major success story since the end of the third war, from Brazil to Malaysia to Qatar, UAE, Singapore, Japan, Chinese you name have lower population or are less ethnically diverse.

It's just a question I'm posing.

What if Nigeria was solely made up of the Yorubas or Igbos with everything else as the same? I fail to think thing will be this awful.

-Lord
Re: Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. by sse4u: 11:06pm On Feb 14, 2017
this is interesting
Re: Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. by LordAdam7: 11:07pm On Feb 14, 2017
darkckUSA:

Our problems are not population or tribes... Blame the old school political elite..

The old school political elite are human beings too like every one of us who rose through the rank and file and represent everything that is wrong with Nigeria. They did not come from Mars.

We've had two generation of politicians and a third one in the works. All of them are the same, and the newer are worse. So, selecting one set of politicians as the culprit just fits the narrative of looking for a scapegoat.

Eliminate the old school politicians and leave things same way, and we'll have a new crop that'd do worse than them.

-Lord
Re: Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. by LordAdam7: 11:12pm On Feb 14, 2017
delivryboy:

If Nigeria had had one tenth of its population and single ethnic group and monotheist but with the same crooked mind set, Nigeria would still be this bad, maybe worse. My friend, population is an advantage in most highly populated countries so is ethnic and cultural diversity.

Nigerians didn't always have a crooked mindset.

Before the civil war, armed robberies was alien to Nigeria. We only had thieves and pick pockets. Before Shagari, corruption was a purely political affair. So, Nigerians have not being a corruption-ridden country from day 1. A lot of bad decisions got us here, and the good decisions that'd take us out are hampered by the dangerous mix of ethnic and population diversity.

Na my person, we still dey benefit, na we plenty person are hindering some tough decisions this country have to make like fiscal restructuring.

-Lord
Re: Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. by Agimor(m): 11:25pm On Feb 14, 2017
LordAdam7:

-Lord
Population is an advantage for speedy growth if well annex. Check out China.
Re: Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. by LordAdam7: 11:25pm On Feb 14, 2017
grandstar:

Like Somalia

Somalia is an outlier.

For every Somalia, there is a Botswana, a Libya (before the neo-West destabilization), a Egypt, a Rwanda, and an Algeria.

In fact the odds that Nigeria will be a Somalia if were were not ethnic diverse is less than 20% (and that is conservative). And most of that is for the possibility that the Hausa-Fulanis are the only or sole major tribe accounting for 70+%. If any of the southern tribes accounts for 70+%, the odds go below 10%.

Answer intelligently.

-Lord
Re: Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. by grandstar(m): 11:32pm On Feb 14, 2017
LordAdam7:

Somalia is an outlier.

For every Somalia, there is a Botswana, a Libya (before the neo-West destabilization), a Egypt, a Rwanda, and an Algeria.

In fact the odds that Nigeria will be a Somalia if were were not ethnic diverse is less than 20% (and that is conservative). And most of that is for the possibility that the Hausa-Fulanis are the only or sole major tribe accounting for 70+%. If any of the southern tribes accounts for 70+%, the odds go below 10%.

Answer intelligently.

-Lord

grin grin

Dont take it too serious.

Only Egypt consist primarily of one ethnic group which are Arabs.

Algeria and Libya both have large amounts of indigenous Berbers. They are like the light skinner Tuaregs that we see begging in Lagos. Botswana has more than 1 ethnic group.
Re: Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. by LordAdam7: 11:35pm On Feb 14, 2017
maasoap:

Neither the population nor the multi ethnicity is our problem. We're simply kleptomanics in this country. I'm even surprised by your post about the population and ethnic.

We're kleptomaniacs inundated by a population and ethnic problem that axes our ability to make decisive changes without raising ire from at multiple quarters.

For example, there has been a recommendation to reduce the size of the civil service. Most Nigerians agree that it is bloated. But when it's time to downsize, you'll start hearing, they're only removing Fulanis or Igbos or Yorubas or Southerners versus Northerners.

Nigeria has grown from a population of barely 50 million people at 1960 to over 180 million in 2015. By 2050, we'll become the 3rd most populous country at current rates (we might get there sooner), taking that spot from the US.

There are no checks and we've never had a proper census. With piling debts and an increasingly divided country along ethnic and religious lines, we will not be able to fully take advantage of this rise. Rather, in the years to come we'll still be struggling for basic issues like food security, child mortality rates, and the remaining standard third world problems.

With the current structure we are under, the population and ethnic diversity is a hydraulic press sucking the life out of most Nigerians.

-Lord
Re: Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. by LordAdam7: 11:36pm On Feb 14, 2017
grandstar:

grin grin

Dont take it too serious.

Only Egypt consist primarily of one ethnic group which are Arabs.

Algeria and Libya both have large amounts of indigenous Berbers. They are like the light skinner Tuaregs that we see begging in Lagos. Botswana has more than 1 ethnic group.

Somalia has more than 1 ethnic group.

-Lord
Re: Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. by blont(m): 11:36pm On Feb 14, 2017
fuckingAyaya:
so plane that was made by white men is 100% safe
oga you should have :ochecked 4 the meaning of vast before you quote me.
Re: Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. by TOY5050: 11:41pm On Feb 14, 2017
Very Great Innovation....I Pray Our So Called Leader Stop And Embezzle Citizen's Money And Tink Of Great Tins To Be Done For The Nation.
Re: Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. by LordAdam7: 11:44pm On Feb 14, 2017
Agimor:

Population is an advantage for speedy growth if well annex. Check out China.

China has only 56 ethnic groups (with 1.3 billion people). Nigeria has more than 400 (with only 180 million people).

China banned religion. Nigeria's religious divide is sharp between North and South.

China runs a highly efficient government that is communist in name, social ideology, and most spheres of Chinese life but capitalist in economy. If there was change in economic policy by Mao, China would have still being a cesspit of poverty. They were able to make that change because of the homogeneity of the Chinese polity.

That cannot happen in Nigeria, where we still have people complaining about and even thinking of reversing ordinary sold electricity assets, when the alternative is continued unbridled corruption and inefficiency.

If Nigeria was more homogeneous, it'd be easy for the country to come together, realize that the current structure is a disaster, and seek actionable steps to restructure.

-Lord
Re: Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. by adegeye38(m): 11:59pm On Feb 14, 2017
LordAdam7:

-Lord
It would still be how it is now, d prob with nigeria is nt abt population check china 4 example or india, the prob wit naija is maasive corruption, from every nigerian
Re: Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. by LordAdam7: 12:01am On Feb 15, 2017
bettercreature:
It's not about population it's corruption

The only places that are near free of corruption on the planet are the modern, futuristic, countries in Scandinavia. All of them have less population and are more homogeneous than Nigeria.

Every country in the top 20 most populous and cultural diverse countries has substantial corruption including the US of A.

Nigeria's case is special because when corruption was slowly becoming the norm into public sphere notably in Shagari, Buhari's first tenure, and culminating in Babangida's time as dictator; nothing was done to hamper it. Now that it has grown into a pervading monster that's imbibed in the Nigerian DNA, it's the same population and ethnic diversity that fed its growth that prevents it's obliteration.

Corruption in Nigeria is a symptom, not a problem. Take away this feeding bottle system, and you'll stop hearing of billions of dollars vanishing or not remitted. Look at what Awolowo was able to do with proceeds from Oil Palm and Cocoa in the West in a homogeneous region and low population in the short few years he was the premier and compare it to what Nigeria's federal rulers since Ironsi have done with proceeds from oil in a non-homogeneous Nigeria and rising high population.

You'll find that corruption in Nigeria has a birth date, and it grew into the 40+ year old adult that it is today.

Saying corruption is the sole problem in Nigeria is part of the grand plan of the elite to shift focus from providing solutions that tackle the real problem. Because they know that as long as this disastrous federal structure remains, no man born of a woman can tackle Nigeria's corruption head-on. The most anyone can do is stamp intra-party, intra-religious, or intra-ethnic corruption, while corruption by any person not in the same party/religion/ethnicity is stopped, money retrieved and shared between those who are in the party/religion/ethnicity. (Spoiler: this is what is happening under Buhari).

In the end, this favors the political elite because switching allegiance is as easy as reciting A, B, C. Same thing happening in the federal trickles to the states, local governments, civil service, and private sector.

-Lord
Re: Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. by Brightology2(m): 12:21am On Feb 15, 2017
LordAdam7:

-Lord
Lugard
Re: Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. by MuskElon: 12:24am On Feb 15, 2017
AngelicBeing:

Your answer below wink

When you have pragmatic, visionary, charismatic, future / critical thinking, selfless, innovative, masses friendly [b]leaders[color=#990000] at the helm of affairs, you get this kind of result but on the other hand when you have ogogoro, borokoto, isiewu, burukutu, cattle rearers, thieves, robbers, Abuja National Assembly corrupt law makers, clueless , corrupt, wicked, vision-less, and heartless leaders[/color] what you get is e.g Nigeria and some other dead African countries cool[/b]

Leaders[color=#990000][/color] seem to be the common theme in your response. Is there even a way to get past this problem; get better leaders or ourselves becoming them?

Is there a method that guarantees the cultivation of young minds into becoming incorruptible, selfless and model leaders? Is there even hope for the future generation?
Re: Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. by LordAdam7: 12:24am On Feb 15, 2017
adegeye38:

It would still be how it is now, d prob with nigeria is nt abt population check china 4 example or india, the prob wit naija is maasive corruption, from every nigerian

I don't have the time to spell it out to everyone who quotes me.

Nigeria's problem is not corruption. Corruption is only a symptom. Corruption is a relatively new phenomenon. The person that institutionalized corruption in Nigeria is still alive. He started ruling in 1985. You can guess the person.

China is more homogeneous than Nigeria (language is Chinese, culture is Chinese, there's no religion, they have rich homogeneous history going back at least 1,000 years, and there are only 56 ethnic groups for a population of 1.3b people).

India may have around 2,000 ethnic groups for a 1+b people population, but the country is far more homogeneous than Nigeria. Almost 80% is Hindu. Hindi is the major language. Hindustan is an informal name of the country. It reflects in the Indian culture, dressing, cuisine, and identity. These people have been staying together sharing the Indian identity for over 1,500 years.

You can't compare that to Nigeria with more than 400 ethnic groups for only 180million people (50 million people in 1960, and we've lost some ethnic groups). There is less than zero homogeneity in Nigeria. Less than a 100 years ago, our great grand fathers didn't know the people they were lumped in together to form a country.

And this heterogeneity fueled corruption. It is why not too long ago, 3 of the most corrupt Northern leaders alive came together and said their Patron Abacha (arguably the poster child of corruption with billions of dollars stacked abroad and still being returned) was not corrupt. One of the corrupt Northern leader that passed that vote of confidence was a direct appointee of Abacha to head one of the agencies in the same petroleum ministry that Abacha pillaged. That same leader is the current president who is insulting every reasonable person's intelligence by talking about being anti-corrupt.

Interestingly, none of Abacha's immediate family members have been prosecuted by the Nigerian state. But the wife of the immediate past president who does not have a property abroad, foreign account, nor sent any of his kids for elite education abroad is being prosecuted while here husband is still alive, while the widow of Nigeria's most disastrous dictator is treated like royalty and waltz in and out of Aso Rock to this day with impunity.

And perhaps understandably, you have people from the ethnicity of the immediate past President and ex First Lady calling it persecution.

Tomorrow, when a Southern President goes there to do same, it'd be termed persecution by the Northerners. This is a country where a Southern President killing Northern terrorists is unacceptable by Northern leaders, but a Northern President killing Northern terrorists is acceptable by same leaders.

Similarly, a Southern President cracking on Southern militants is acceptable by Southern leaders (killing of John Togo), but a Northern President cracking on Souther militants is unacceptable by same leaders.

Corruption is not Nigeria's problem. If you believe that, then you could very well believe that the Earth is flat because you are currently standing on a flat surface.

-Lord
Re: Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. by LordAdam7: 12:26am On Feb 15, 2017
Brightology2:
Lugard

A special place is reserved for that man in hell (if it exists).

-Lord
Re: Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. by delivryboy: 2:58am On Feb 15, 2017
LordAdam7:

I don't have the time to spell it out to everyone who quotes me.

Nigeria's problem is not corruption. Corruption is only a symptom. Corruption is a relatively new phenomenon. The person that institutionalized corruption in Nigeria is still alive. He started ruling in 1985. You can guess the person.

China is more homogeneous than Nigeria (language is Chinese, culture is Chinese, there's no religion, they have rich homogeneous history going back at least 1,000 years, and there are only 56 ethnic groups for a population of 1.3b people).

India may have around 2,000 ethnic groups for a 1+b people population, but the country is far more homogeneous than Nigeria. Almost 80% is Hindu. Hindi is the major language. Hindustan is an informal name of the country. It reflects in the Indian culture, dressing, cuisine, and identity. These people have been staying together sharing the Indian identity for over 1,500 years.

You can't compare that to Nigeria with more than 400 ethnic groups for only 180million people (50 million people in 1960, and we've lost some ethnic groups). There is less than zero homogeneity in Nigeria. Less than a 100 years ago, our great grand fathers didn't know the people they were lumped in together to form a country.

And this heterogeneity fueled corruption. It is why not too long ago, 3 of the most corrupt Northern leaders alive came together and said their Patron Abacha (arguably the poster child of corruption with billions of dollars stacked abroad and still being returned) was not corrupt. One of the corrupt Northern leader that passed that vote of confidence was a direct appointee of Abacha to head one of the agencies in the same petroleum ministry that Abacha pillaged. That same leader is the current president who is insulting every reasonable person's intelligence by talking about being anti-corrupt.

Interestingly, none of Abacha's immediate family members have been prosecuted by the Nigerian state. But the wife of the immediate past president who does not have a property abroad, foreign account, nor sent any of his kids for elite education abroad is being prosecuted while here husband is still alive, while the widow of Nigeria's most disastrous dictator is treated like royalty and waltz in and out of Aso Rock to this day with impunity.

And perhaps understandably, you have people from the ethnicity of the immediate past President and ex First Lady calling it persecution.

Tomorrow, when a Southern President goes there to do same, it'd be termed persecution by the Northerners. This is a country where a Southern President killing Northern terrorists is unacceptable by Northern leaders, but a Northern President killing Northern terrorists is acceptable by same leaders.

Similarly, a Southern President cracking on Southern militants is acceptable by Southern leaders (killing of John Togo), but a Northern President cracking on Souther militants is unacceptable by same leaders.

Corruption is not Nigeria's problem. If you believe that, then you could very well believe that the Earth is flat because you are currently standing on a flat surface.

-Lord

You started your write up with the aim of buttressing your earlier point (population and homogeneity) but you got yourself derailed and consumed by other pre-existing ideas, I really don't get your point, are you suggesting Nigeria be split into 400 new countries to suit each of its 400 ethnic groups? Or you hope some Nigerians vanish away to reduce the POPULATION?

Corruption has been in existence long before "1985" you quoted (Refer to "Man Of the People" by Chinua Achebe - 1965)

The rest of your write up is totally incoherent and can not gain much marks if passed for an article in an examination.
Re: Dubai Set To Launch Flying Taxi Service By July. by Kingspin(m): 3:58am On Feb 15, 2017
When will the Muslims get sense in Nigeria. Dubai 85% of people there are migrates yet they are more developed and peaceful then useless country like Nigeria. Dubai is looking for development only not dragging land up and down like Nigeria do. I admire Dubai.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

»»» Reg 2012 KIA Soul @ N1.650M Negotiable ««« / Pre-order anything from Korean and now United States only( Michigan) / ****Lightening Fast RO/RO Vehicle Shipping From Any U.S Location Made Easy*****

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.