Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,158 members, 7,807,533 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:51 PM

Money Mistakes To Never Make When Planning Your Wedding - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Money Mistakes To Never Make When Planning Your Wedding (29763 Views)

What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? / How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? / 5 Money Mistakes To Avoid When Planning Your Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Money Mistakes To Never Make When Planning Your Wedding by babaghost: 12:35pm On Feb 15, 2017
Planning a wedding is not a child’s play whether you engage a wedding planner or not. It is very challenging and demanding because it requires thorough planning and of course money. The funds you have will go a long way in determining your type of wedding. But since Nigerians love weddings and it is once in a lifetime, they go all out and they don’t mind breaking the bank. Regardless, if you are not careful, you will make some monumental money mistakes when planning your wedding. Not to worry, Jumia Travel, the online booking agency identifies some of these mistakes.

Talk about the budget

There is no gainsaying that you must have a budget when planning your wedding. However, you must ensure that you discuss the budget with your bride or groom. This will ensure that both of you are on the same page when the spending eventually starts.

You don’t put a price to whatever you are shopping for

The prices of groceries and other items have significantly increased. Therefore, it is smart if you put a price to nearly everything to make your shopping easier. You can get the prices of whatever you want to buy online by going window shopping.

Sticking to your budget

Sticking to your budget when planning your wedding is not advisable because emergency expenses will always come up. You should make arrangement for these extra expenses so that you will not be caught in a web.

Not making arrangements on how to recoup money

This may be funny but you should do it anyway. You should make arrangements for how to recoup some of your wedding expenses. You should employ a live band and make sure there is time for couple’s dancing on the list of things to do. This way you will get some money to settle certain expenses.

Borrowing to finance your wedding

You should never borrow money to finance your wedding because you will have to pay back after tying the knot. You may end up paying for debts in the first few months of your wedding which doesn’t leave a good taste in the mouth.

https://leadership.ng/business/571781/money-mistakes-to-never-make-when-planning-your-wedding

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Money Mistakes To Never Make When Planning Your Wedding by blackylola(m): 12:56pm On Feb 15, 2017
Wonderful thread
Re: Money Mistakes To Never Make When Planning Your Wedding by AgbenuAnna(f): 12:59pm On Feb 15, 2017
so a guy that wants to marry an igbo or calabar that's not financially buoyant shouldn't marry?
Re: Money Mistakes To Never Make When Planning Your Wedding by GossipHeart(m): 3:25pm On Feb 15, 2017

Excuse me Mr. Wedding advisor

Why would i wanna do a wedding ??

What is difficult in court marriage ??

You want to throw a big party in the name of wedding and then feed your family with sand after wasting money on a nonsense ceremony

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Money Mistakes To Never Make When Planning Your Wedding by veekid(m): 3:25pm On Feb 15, 2017

bookmarked
Re: Money Mistakes To Never Make When Planning Your Wedding by Nwogbe: 3:27pm On Feb 15, 2017
Noted
Re: Money Mistakes To Never Make When Planning Your Wedding by Brightology2(m): 3:27pm On Feb 15, 2017
You know
Re: Money Mistakes To Never Make When Planning Your Wedding by Nobody: 3:27pm On Feb 15, 2017
Funny. Not if you're a billionaire.
Re: Money Mistakes To Never Make When Planning Your Wedding by Sttimmy1(m): 3:28pm On Feb 15, 2017
Owo.... Kudi... Ego
Re: Money Mistakes To Never Make When Planning Your Wedding by nan1: 3:28pm On Feb 15, 2017
AgbenuAnna:
so a guy that wants to marry an igbo or calabar that's not financially buoyant shouldn't marry?

DON MARRY IF YOU ARE NOT CAPABLE

3 Likes

Re: Money Mistakes To Never Make When Planning Your Wedding by jd1986(m): 3:28pm On Feb 15, 2017
undecided
Re: Money Mistakes To Never Make When Planning Your Wedding by akaahs(m): 3:29pm On Feb 15, 2017
Those guys above don't want me to achieve my 2017 ambitions;(
Re: Money Mistakes To Never Make When Planning Your Wedding by Nobody: 3:29pm On Feb 15, 2017
Noted
Re: Money Mistakes To Never Make When Planning Your Wedding by Nobody: 3:30pm On Feb 15, 2017
grin
Re: Money Mistakes To Never Make When Planning Your Wedding by Nobody: 3:31pm On Feb 15, 2017
GossipHeart:

Why would i wanna do a wedding ??

What is difficult in court marriage ??

You want to throw a big party in the name of wedding and then feed your family with sand after wasting money on a nonsense ceremony
I tire o

5 Likes

Re: Money Mistakes To Never Make When Planning Your Wedding by amiibaby(f): 3:34pm On Feb 15, 2017
Cool
Re: Money Mistakes To Never Make When Planning Your Wedding by Nobody: 3:36pm On Feb 15, 2017
Quiet wedding it is for me , no time to feed many mouths. I'm not Jesus Christ.
If she wants to paint the town red, let her look for a celebrity husband.
And it's not about the money sef grin angry angry

4 Likes

Re: Money Mistakes To Never Make When Planning Your Wedding by jamesbridget13(f): 3:39pm On Feb 15, 2017
Good. He who has ears let him hear
Re: Money Mistakes To Never Make When Planning Your Wedding by Nobody: 3:40pm On Feb 15, 2017
cut your suit and gown according to your size. After wedding comes marriage, save cost for your marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Money Mistakes To Never Make When Planning Your Wedding by balancediet(m): 3:41pm On Feb 15, 2017
If person nor advice u advice urself. Cut ur coat according to ur clothe. Who nor get Today go get 2moro. Marriage life does not depend on wedding expenditure. People cause problem for themselves unecessarily. I have a friend Who is unemployed But desperate to marry with high taste as if his life depended on it against his family advice to slow down. He married But still beefing me and others because we Did not bring bags of money to support. He is still unemployed.

2 Likes

Re: Money Mistakes To Never Make When Planning Your Wedding by Uyi168: 3:44pm On Feb 15, 2017
wedding is for a day,marriage for a life time...

2 Likes

Re: Money Mistakes To Never Make When Planning Your Wedding by clems88(m): 3:45pm On Feb 15, 2017
90% of women love extravagant weddings just to show off undecided

6 Likes

Re: Money Mistakes To Never Make When Planning Your Wedding by Stanleyafam(m): 3:48pm On Feb 15, 2017
Guys that wants to get married ...pls make sure ur wife has her own money and is ready to contribute to the growth of the family... Else U'll live to regret..

6 Likes

Re: Money Mistakes To Never Make When Planning Your Wedding by MrGreenMavro: 3:50pm On Feb 15, 2017
cheesy
Re: Money Mistakes To Never Make When Planning Your Wedding by Feranchek(m): 3:52pm On Feb 15, 2017
Lol. Only a fool will put too much money on wedding ceremony of one day. Truth be told, there's no TALK OF THE YEAR wedding ceremony anymore cos we'll keep seeing ones that surpasses others. So just have a moderate ceremony and save for your marriage.

5 Likes

Re: Money Mistakes To Never Make When Planning Your Wedding by ItsawrapOutfit: 3:52pm On Feb 15, 2017
Noted
Re: Money Mistakes To Never Make When Planning Your Wedding by peachesandroses(f): 3:58pm On Feb 15, 2017
very good points!! I want a marriage that is more beautiful than a wedding, like really Beautiful and as solid as a rock!

4 Likes

Re: Money Mistakes To Never Make When Planning Your Wedding by Navi(m): 4:03pm On Feb 15, 2017
Nice one
Re: Money Mistakes To Never Make When Planning Your Wedding by dupzy05: 4:03pm On Feb 15, 2017
Nice one
Re: Money Mistakes To Never Make When Planning Your Wedding by ElsonMorali: 4:04pm On Feb 15, 2017
Our people aren't used to an intimate wedding celebration.

I must be able to identify and recognize everybody at the reception of my wedding.

Catering for 50 guests I'd say is more than enough.

What's the point of calling the entire township and they end up fighting over plate of rice and pot of stew?

Wedding is a moment of new begi nings for the couple and the two families. I'd choose those that will be present at the occasion with care and caution.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Money Mistakes To Never Make When Planning Your Wedding by idu1(m): 4:06pm On Feb 15, 2017
Wetin consign me and wedding?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lady’s Wig Catches Fire While Dancing With Her Birthday Cake (video) / "Don't Come Eating At My Wedding Uninvited": Check This Reply By A Twitter User / Abuja All White Pool Party 2022: Top Ballers, 40 Supermodels To Storm Event

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.