Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:43 AM

Bash Ali Accuses Dalung's Security Men Of Brutalizing Him In Abuja (Pics) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Bash Ali Accuses Dalung's Security Men Of Brutalizing Him In Abuja (Pics) (24273 Views)

Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. / Photo Of Bash Ali Being Manhandled By GEJ's Minister's Security Aides In 2013 / Bash Ali During Goodluck Jonathan Regime Vs Buhari Regime:See The Difference(pi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bash Ali Accuses Dalung's Security Men Of Brutalizing Him In Abuja (Pics) by naptu2: 2:43pm On Feb 15, 2017
Bash Ali was one of my favourite boxers of the late 1980s and early 1990s. I will never forget Bash Ali vs Joe Lasisi in the late '80s (Ali and Lasisi were the best Nigerian boxers at that time).

Bash Ali rearranged Lasisi's face and Joe Lasisi protested that Bash Ali should have been disqualified because he (Lasisi) saw two Bash Ali in the ring. He claimed that Bash Ali used juju. Bash Ali replied that he defeated Joe Lasisi with his Bendel Insurance and that became Ali's catch phrase. (When a man is punch drunk, it's quite likely that he will see double.

In the early 2000s Bash Ali decided that he wanted to set the record of being the oldest man to win a world title. He initially got the support of President Obasanjo, but Obasanjo later pulled out after Bash Ali performed poorly in a warm up fight. Ali was beaten black and blue by another African boxer and Obasanjo decided that he did not want to sponsor a suicide attempt.

Since then, Bash Ali has been pestering every government to sponsor his world title attempt. He has frequently gotten into tussles with security aides of government officials. In 2013 the bodyguards of the then sports minister, Bolaji Abdullahi also roughened him up.

https://www.nairaland.com/1318416/bash-ali-manhandled-ministers-security

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bash Ali Accuses Dalung's Security Men Of Brutalizing Him In Abuja (Pics) by Brushless: 2:43pm On Feb 15, 2017
sojayy:
They don seriously bash bash ali, but what's wrong with this government officials self. tongue
What's wrong with Bash Ali. Talking about him being an icon, I say no. Nothing of him as a role model.
Re: Bash Ali Accuses Dalung's Security Men Of Brutalizing Him In Abuja (Pics) by passyhansome(m): 2:45pm On Feb 15, 2017
Dalung

Re: Bash Ali Accuses Dalung's Security Men Of Brutalizing Him In Abuja (Pics) by whizcartel(m): 2:46pm On Feb 15, 2017
What a pity... I actually know bash Alli's immediate family. His Aged sister live in my Barracks. I remember when he used to come around and he will give all kids that come around money. He is a nice man... I've met him personally on few occasions. I remember when he won his last championship fight against Tony booth. He came straight to the barracks after the fight to celebrate with everybody and his sister. Now look at what has happened to one of Nigeria's greatest boxers if not the greatest. His sister is living in penury also... I remember when his sister asked me to send some little amount of money to him, although she doesn't have, bash has really helped her I'm the past. Now they are both a shadow of their former self... I honestly don't know what happened. it's just too sad. You need to see how she is living now... she is putting up a strong front. But she usually confides in me.
Re: Bash Ali Accuses Dalung's Security Men Of Brutalizing Him In Abuja (Pics) by OBIGS(m): 2:53pm On Feb 15, 2017
Bash Ali!!!!!! Why you to dey get problem with every minister of sport
Re: Bash Ali Accuses Dalung's Security Men Of Brutalizing Him In Abuja (Pics) by stagger: 3:08pm On Feb 15, 2017
Mike Tyson
Evander Holyfield
Riddick Bowe
Wilfred Benitez
Joe Frazier

The list goes on and on. Former champions who squandered all their money and never thought about tomorrow. If not, why will Bash Ali keep running around govt officials? Bash Ali made enough money in the ring to have setup thriving businesses. Even if it was a poultry farm or filling station. Why could he not even become a boxing trainer? Many ex-boxers in the US who still have their faculties intact are doing this.

Larry Holmes did not invest in too many businesses. Just a restaurant and one other business. Bought a house after winning the world title in 1978. Still lives in the same house, married to the same woman after all these years (and avoided all the baby mama and child support dramas), and runs his businesses and he is very ok.

Marvelous Marvin Hagler became an actor and living well in Italy.

Bash Ali is the architect of his own misfortune. Govt officials in Nigeria are heartless. Any one who depends on them for livelihood is wasting his time. Bash Ali is now learning this the very hard way.

1 Like

Re: Bash Ali Accuses Dalung's Security Men Of Brutalizing Him In Abuja (Pics) by dalaman: 3:28pm On Feb 15, 2017
Why are they always beating this man? The other time a sports minister sent his guards on him, now it's the same story again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bash Ali Accuses Dalung's Security Men Of Brutalizing Him In Abuja (Pics) by blackboy(m): 3:37pm On Feb 15, 2017
The IG should recall the police and they should be disciplined. This is unacceptable. He should also sue the NPF ASAP
Re: Bash Ali Accuses Dalung's Security Men Of Brutalizing Him In Abuja (Pics) by iamkneeyi: 3:40pm On Feb 15, 2017
I'm just so sorry for nigeria
Re: Bash Ali Accuses Dalung's Security Men Of Brutalizing Him In Abuja (Pics) by Sultty(m): 4:33pm On Feb 15, 2017
No be today e don tey sad

Re: Bash Ali Accuses Dalung's Security Men Of Brutalizing Him In Abuja (Pics) by EmmanuelGee: 5:00pm On Feb 15, 2017
Nigeria, Good people great nation....hmmm
Re: Bash Ali Accuses Dalung's Security Men Of Brutalizing Him In Abuja (Pics) by dman4mdmoon(m): 5:20pm On Feb 15, 2017
Nawa o. This story get as e be. You just asked the PA "why" and the police hit you in the head with the butt of his gun and the second one hit you forcefully in the back.

You don offend them before? All this kin social media news sef tire person.
Re: Bash Ali Accuses Dalung's Security Men Of Brutalizing Him In Abuja (Pics) by OMEGA009(m): 6:53pm On Feb 15, 2017
tyokunbo:
Source: http://towncrieronline.net/2017/02/15/dalungs-security-men-brutalize-former-boxing-champion-bash-ali-in-abuja/

" !!!!!!!!!!! ANALYSE THIS. !!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS SOME SERIOUS STUFF. WHILE WATCHING AN NBA GAME YESTERDAY NIGHT WITH MY SISTER WINIFRED VISITING FROM LONDON [/i]

You know you can still tell your story without telling us what you and your entire family were doing.
Re: Bash Ali Accuses Dalung's Security Men Of Brutalizing Him In Abuja (Pics) by charlesucheh(m): 8:07pm On Feb 15, 2017
LAYE!!!!! A WHOLE YOU??!!!! BASH ALI THAT USED TO SHOCK THE WORLD? WHO DARED?? CHAI!!! THOSE POP DIDN'T FEAR FOR THEIR LIVES O!!!! JUST ARRANGE A SECRETE FIGHT WITH ONE OF THOSE POPO AND BEAT THE HELL OUT OF HIM... THAT'S IF YOU STILL CAN O!! WISH YOU A SPEEDY RECOVERY SHA!!!!!
Re: Bash Ali Accuses Dalung's Security Men Of Brutalizing Him In Abuja (Pics) by morbeta(m): 3:02am On Feb 16, 2017
Frydae:
A BOXER, WHO CAN BOX FOR 5 ROUNDS N MORE, WIN N STILL BE JUBILATING........BUT WHEN A GOVERNMENT OFFICIAL AS MUCH AS GIVES HIM A SLAP,.HE GETS IN A STRETCHER WITH I.V ADMINISTRATION AND BANDAGES......THIS MAN NEEDS ATTENTION.....GOVERNMENT SHOULD GIVE HIM A RELEVANT PLACE WITH SOME FINANCIAL EMPOWERMENT.....MAKE HE REST HAPPILY......

Someone on emergency still add oon after writing his post.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kanu Nwankwo Visits Otti, Wishes Him Successful Administration (Photos) / Salwa Eid Naser Runs Third Fastest Time In History To Win 400m / 4.7 Billion People Watched Euro 2020, With Over 300m Watching The Final (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.