Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,289 members, 7,780,652 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:47 PM

Four Things You Should Consider Before A Divorce - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Four Things You Should Consider Before A Divorce (398 Views)

Chike Eze Threatens To Kill His Wife Racheal If Court Doesn't Give Him A Divorce / I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. / "My Wife’s Beauty Makes Me Sleepless, I Want A Divorce" - Zimbabwea Man To Judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Four Things You Should Consider Before A Divorce by shugarush92(m): 2:50pm On Feb 15, 2017
Is divorce really the answer? Many troubled marriage these days rush into divorce. Is it actually a wise course? Most importantly, what can be done to save a troubled home. Are you now thinking your marriage may be heading towards this direction. Be rest assured that no marriage is immune to problems. Even the Bible mentioned it in the book of (1Cor. 7:28) that couples are likely to have pain and grief.

From what we can see in our society today, marriage is the most risky undertaking done by the highest number of people. Before you know it, a relationship that starts out with great joy, love and full of promises suddenly turns out sour, frustrating and painful on someone's lifetime.

How is your marriage doing? Is it patronizing the undermentioned traits?

a. Unfaithfulness
b. Resentment
c. Arguments
d. Sour or bitter words

Is your marriage at a juncture of collapsing? Maybe your spouse has betrayed the trust you have and this have taking away the joy of your marriage. You might be thinking, why did we got married in the first place? We were not meant for each other, we might as well get divorced.
Don't be in a hurry to quit your marriage. Divorce is not always the best option. It merely compound the problems most atimes. Marriage is known as a permanent bond. If partners could have a forgiving spirits than that of retaliating, many marriages that collapsed on trivial ground could have been saved. (Matt. 18:21,22).

However, God only allows the termination of marriage on the ground of extra-marital affairs. If your spouse is unfaithful, you have every right to divorce and remarry. I am not here to impose my view or tell you what you should do. The onus lies with you. Whatever decision you made, the consequences lives with you. So think twice!

Before getting a divorce, we should consider the issues below:-

1. The Children:- I met a friend of mine after six years of loosing contact, and when I asked her about her husband she told me; "It is a long story". "My husband left me and my two kids for another woman and we divorced she said. The kids were embarrassed at their father's behaviour. They were adversely affected by the divorce. They did not know why I took them with me to my mother's house. My sister she said; this was a very devastating moment for us.
Children are always the casualties in every broken marriages. An adage says; "when two elephants are fighting, the grass will suffer". If a man and a woman are tied in an unhappy marriage, think about the children, they don't care whether dad sleeps in the sitting room and mom sleeps in bedroom, all they want is let the family be together.

2. The effect on you:- True love in case if don't know stays and lingers for a long time. My friend who divorced her husband cannot allow me to say bad things about her husband. She told me; can you belief I still love him inspite of his adulterous lifestyle. But I have endured enough, I couldn't continue with his betrayal. If para-venture I remarry, this type of a thing could happen again. Can I be able to love again, to me, all men are the same. This is always the emotional problems faced by the divorced person. That bond is still there. It lingers in your mind even after so many years. The funny thing there is that both the feeling of resentment and the feeling of affection will wrestling in your mind. So before you divorce, try to feel the reality.

..Get the other two details here. Find out more on our site.
http://www.familygists.com/2017/02/four-things-you-should-consider-before.html

(1) (Reply)

Get 1% Off Any Product You Buy From Our Store / D Perfect Spiritual Master Will Be In Port Hacourt To Deliva U 4rm All Bondages / 7 Things That Can Lead To Divorce In Marriage When Arguing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.