Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,696 members, 7,805,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:22 AM

I Made A Promise To ALLAH (s.w.t) But Want To Break It - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / I Made A Promise To ALLAH (s.w.t) But Want To Break It (20903 Views)

Can We Attribute An Ear To Allah? / Let's Go To Allah Before We Will Return To Allah. / Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Made A Promise To ALLAH (s.w.t) But Want To Break It by Arabjo(m): 3:06pm On Feb 15, 2017
Assalamu alaikum brothers and sisters in islam, I made a promise to Allah S.w.t (absconding from listening to music) but couldn't keep it, I want to break it, because it seems difficult to me....
The question here is how or what can I do to cancel that promise.
Pls help me.

Mukina2
Sissie

2 Likes

Re: I Made A Promise To ALLAH (s.w.t) But Want To Break It by Nobody: 4:10pm On Feb 15, 2017
Re: I Made A Promise To ALLAH (s.w.t) But Want To Break It by Nobody: 7:27pm On Feb 15, 2017
Arabjo:
Assalamu alaikum brothers and sisters in islam, I made a promise to Allah S.w.t (absconding from listening to music) but couldn't keep it, I want to break it, because it seems difficult to me....
Pls help me.

Mukina2
Sissie

<<And whoever fulfills that which he has promised to Allah, surely He shall bestow upon him a mighty reward.>> Surat alFath.

Hang in there. It becomes easy over time. I used to listen to music when studying, during sport training, sleeping, always the music is in the background. I stopped when I was told that it is prohibited. Later, I backslid when I travelled abroad for some time, I came back and stopped again. Now, I find music somewhat irritating, I can't bear being in a place where music is being played loudly. Just give it time, and do not let the shaytan control you.

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Made A Promise To ALLAH (s.w.t) But Want To Break It by Nobody: 7:09am On Feb 16, 2017
Farmerforlife:

<<And whoever fulfills that which he has promised to Allah, surely He shall bestow upon him a mighty reward.>> Surat alFath.

Hang in there. It becomes easy over time. I used to listen to music when studying, during sport training, sleeping, always the music is in the background. I stopped when I was told that it is prohibited. Later, I backslid when I travelled abroad for some time, I came back and stopped again. Now, I find music somewhat irritating, I can't bear being in a place where music is being played loudly. Just give it time, and fo not let the shaytan control you.

Maa shaaa Allaah akhee. May Allaah preserve u upon Khayr.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Made A Promise To ALLAH (s.w.t) But Want To Break It by Nobody: 11:40am On Feb 16, 2017
RABIUSHILE04:

Maa shaaa Allaah akhee. May Allaah preserve u upon Khayr.

Amin. Jazakum Allah khayran.

8 Likes

Re: I Made A Promise To ALLAH (s.w.t) But Want To Break It by Arabjo(m): 6:49pm On Feb 16, 2017
AbdelKabir:
This is bibit confusing or should i say funny, do you expect anyone here to help you in disobeying Allâh?
I thought if u understand me well, contribute or dismiss !

3 Likes

Re: I Made A Promise To ALLAH (s.w.t) But Want To Break It by Nobody: 7:02pm On Feb 16, 2017
Arabjo:

I thought if u understand me well, contribute or dismiss !

lol, sorry brother, I never knew the mod that restored my ban(by anti spam bot) brought back that post, i never meant to post it, when it got deleted, i was glad it was.

i wanted to post that initially cuz i tot it was one of these Christian trolls that come here yo disturb...

so on music, i was also a chronic lover of music, but stopped it like few years back, its difficult at first, at times you fill like going back, but you wont let shaytaan control you, and run from so called fatwas that permits music, in no time you'll start feeling irritated by it....insha Allah.

8 Likes

Re: I Made A Promise To ALLAH (s.w.t) But Want To Break It by Arabjo(m): 11:01pm On Feb 16, 2017
AbdelKabir:

lol, sorry brother, I never knew the mod that restored my ban(by anti spam bot) brought back that post, i never meant to post it, when it got deleted, i was glad it was.

i wanted to post that initially cuz i tot it was one of these Christian trolls that come here yo disturb...

so on music, i was also a chronic lover of music, but stopped it like few years back, its difficult at first, at times you fill like going back, but you wont let shaytaan control you, and run from so called fatwas that permits music, in no time you'll start feeling irritated by it....insha Allah.
Jzkallah fiik

3 Likes

Re: I Made A Promise To ALLAH (s.w.t) But Want To Break It by AbooUthaymeen(m): 4:56am On Feb 18, 2017
Arabjo:

Jzkallah fiik

I also need to add that, keep struggling to leave music till Ramadan, inside Ramadan it is much much more easier to leave music cux the shayateen get chained, I LEFT MUSIC DURING RAMADAN few years back, so you can do that too, and after Ramadan if Allâh wills you won't need to struggle much again.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Made A Promise To ALLAH (s.w.t) But Want To Break It by busar(m): 5:50am On Feb 20, 2017
Arabjo:
Pls help me.

Mukina2
Sissie
You seem to have not gotten a replacement yet for the Music.... Listen to the Qur'an constantly instead, your passion for it will grow then music would be a thing of the past... I used to be an ardent lover of music in the past too. It came like a big shock to my siblings then when I stopped listening, they were like "so you could stop listening to music" ! grin... Alhamdu lillah for everything smiley

11 Likes

Re: I Made A Promise To ALLAH (s.w.t) But Want To Break It by HayatH(f): 4:00am On Feb 21, 2017
Arabjo:
Pls help me.

Mukina2
Sissie
"For indeed, with hardship [will be] ease"
94:2

Listen ukhti, I know how you feel because I was in your shoes a month ago. I used to sin and then repent and promise to never do it again... a week later, I would repeat it again and repent again. This went on and on. I was getting tired and just wanted to give up but I didn't. I grabbed the Quran and started reading that sura. I haven't repeated that sin ever since. It's the shaaytan telling you to give up. Don't let him win. Watch Islamic videos on YouTube, check out The Merciful Servant, The Daily Reminder, and the TheProphet'sPath. They have some awesome videos. My point is to never give up. You'll see the change, you just have to be patient. When I use to listen music and do all of these haram things, wallahi my life was empty and I was depressed all the time. Bad grades in school, bad relationships with friends and families, it was just awful. As soon as I repented to Allah swt, my life really changed for the best. If you need someone to talk to, PM me.
Don't give up on Allah swt. The doors of repentance is wide open. Don't lose your chance.
Aslaamu Alaikumsmiley

7 Likes

Re: I Made A Promise To ALLAH (s.w.t) But Want To Break It by Arabjo(m): 5:49pm On Feb 22, 2017
HayatH:

"For indeed, with hardship [will be] ease"
94:2

Listen ukhti, I know how you feel because I was in your shoes a month ago. I used to sin and then repent and promise to never do it again... a week later, I would repeat it again and repent again. This went on and on. I was getting tired and just wanted to give up but I didn't. I grabbed the Quran and started reading that sura. I haven't repeated that sin ever since. It's the shaaytan telling you to give up. Don't let him win. Watch Islamic videos on YouTube, check out The Merciful Servant, The Daily Reminder, and the TheProphet'sPath. They have some awesome videos. My point is to never give up. You'll see the change, you just have to be patient. When I use to listen music and do all of these haram things, wallahi my life was empty and I was depressed all the time. Bad grades in school, bad relationships with friends and families, it was just awful. As soon as I repented to Allah swt, my life really changed for the best. If you need someone to talk to, PM me.
Don't give up on Allah swt. The doors of repentance is wide open. Don't lose your chance.
Aslaamu Alaikumsmiley
Waalaikassalam brother, inshaAllah I will try and thanks for this advice

1 Like

Re: I Made A Promise To ALLAH (s.w.t) But Want To Break It by Arabjo(m): 5:53pm On Feb 22, 2017
busar:
You seem to have not gotten a replacement yet for the Music.... Listen to the Qur'an constantly instead, your passion for it will grow then music would be a thing of the past... I used to be an ardent lover of music in the past too. It came like a big shock to my siblings then when I stopped listening, they were like "so you could stop listening to music" ! grin... Alhamdu lillah for everything smiley
Thanks bro
May Allah s.w.t help us to overcome every bad habit smiley

1 Like

Re: I Made A Promise To ALLAH (s.w.t) But Want To Break It by busar(m): 7:44pm On Feb 22, 2017
Arabjo:

Thanks bro
May Allah s.w.t help us to overcome every bad habit smiley
Alhamdu lillah, you are welcome. Aameen
Re: I Made A Promise To ALLAH (s.w.t) But Want To Break It by HayatH(f): 9:35pm On Feb 22, 2017
Arabjo:

Waalaikassalam brother, inshaAllah I will try and thanks for this advice

*Sister*
Re: I Made A Promise To ALLAH (s.w.t) But Want To Break It by rattlesnake(m): 1:25pm On Feb 24, 2017
What concerns Allah(SAW) with music? angry angry

Music is Haram but usuing 4G LTE isisnt abi

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Made A Promise To ALLAH (s.w.t) But Want To Break It by shimardoil: 1:26pm On Feb 24, 2017
fast for 3 days after breaking the promise but mind you continue to try your best not to listen to it.
Re: I Made A Promise To ALLAH (s.w.t) But Want To Break It by Nukualofa: 1:30pm On Feb 24, 2017
drakeli:
Na whaoo. You dey high on top Oshogbo weed when you made the promise ni? It's like saying you made a promise that you will refrain from eating food. We all know how that's possible abi?

Music is food. Food is music grin. Depending on what you listen to in music anyway. Well...nothing spoil sha. If na say na to God now you made such promise. I for say wahala dey o. But allah one Arabian deity like that. My guy, nothing do you. Carry on with yah music.
Guy chop knuckle because I'm sure Mohammed will dance to skelewu today if he is alive here.

Music is soul

8 Likes

Re: I Made A Promise To ALLAH (s.w.t) But Want To Break It by Realedu: 1:30pm On Feb 24, 2017
Allah is fake baby!trust me nothing will happen when you break it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Made A Promise To ALLAH (s.w.t) But Want To Break It by Nukualofa: 1:32pm On Feb 24, 2017
shimardoil:
fast for 3 days after breaking the promise but mind you continue to try your best not to listen to it.
Fast for fucking what? Do you know that religion can diminish you to the extent you will be no different from those arabs we see in Afghanistan and Syria wars

1 Like

Re: I Made A Promise To ALLAH (s.w.t) But Want To Break It by Nukualofa: 1:34pm On Feb 24, 2017
Farmerforlife:

Hang in there. It becomes easy over time. I used to listen to music when studying, during sport training, sleeping, always the music is in the background. I stopped when I was told that it is prohibited. Later, I backslid when I travelled abroad for some time, I came back and stopped again. Now, I find music somewhat irritating, I can't bear being in a place where music is being played loudly. Just give it time, and fo not let the shaytan control you.
don't allow shaytan to use you. The moment you drop music you will become a fanatic and a zealot which can be dangerous for world peace

6 Likes

Re: I Made A Promise To ALLAH (s.w.t) But Want To Break It by tintingz(m): 1:39pm On Feb 24, 2017
Arabjo:
Pls help me.

Mukina2
Sissie
Allah never prohibited music, please continue listening to music and enjoy the natural melody, it has many benefit to we humans.

3 Likes

Re: I Made A Promise To ALLAH (s.w.t) But Want To Break It by businesscitadel(m): 2:31pm On Feb 24, 2017
Religion and turning people to zombies! Music is good! Good music uplifts you whenever you are down! Good music lightens and brings alive a moody situation!

2 Likes

Re: I Made A Promise To ALLAH (s.w.t) But Want To Break It by Nobody: 2:33pm On Feb 24, 2017
Nukualofa:
don't allow shaytan to use you. The moment you drop music you will become a fanatic and a zealot which can be dangerous for world peace

I am sorry, from my perspective, it is your statement which identifies you as a zealot and a fanatic who is dangerous to world peace. Basing actions on ignorance and speaking without knowledge are the real fanaticism and zealotry. True Islam can never be a danger to world peace, the prophet (ﷺ) was sent as a blessing to this world, and all his commands are sources of blessing.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Made A Promise To ALLAH (s.w.t) But Want To Break It by snezBaba: 2:54pm On Feb 24, 2017
Nukualofa:
Really? Seriously SMH for you...I see no fanatic here except you

2 Likes

Re: I Made A Promise To ALLAH (s.w.t) But Want To Break It by Bimpe29: 3:12pm On Feb 24, 2017
Arabjo:
Pls help me.

Mukina2
Sissie

Before you break your promise, kindly consider the verse and saying from the holy Qur'an and Haadith respectively;

“[Allaah said to Iblees:] And befool them gradually those whom you can among them with your voice (i.e. songs, music, and any other call for Allaah’s disobedience)…” [al-Israa’ 17:64]

It was narrated that Mujaahid (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “And befool them gradually those whom you can among them with your voice” – his voice [the voice of Iblees/Shaytaan] is singing and falsehood. Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: This idaafah [possessive or genitive construction, i.e., your voice] serves to make the meaning specific, as with the phrases [translated as] “your cavalry” and “your infantry” [later in the same aayah]. Everyone who speaks in any way that is not obedient to Allaah, everyone who blows into a flute or other woodwind instrument, or who plays any haraam kind of drum, this is the voice of the Shaytaan. Everyone who walks to commit some act of disobedience towards Allaah is part of his [the Shaytaan’s] infantry, and anyone who rides to commit sin is part of his cavalry. This is the view of the Salaf, as Ibn ‘Abi Haatim narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas: his infantry is everyone who walks to disobey Allaah. (Ighaathat al-Lahfaan).

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Do you then wonder at this recitation (the Qur’aan)?

And you laugh at it and weep not,

Wasting your (precious) lifetime in pastime and amusements (singing)”

[al-Najm 53:59-61]

‘Ikrimah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: it was narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas that al-sumood [verbal noun from saamidoon, translated here as “Wasting your (precious) lifetime in pastime and amusements (singing)”] means “singing”, in the dialect of Himyar; it might be said “Ismidi lanaa” [‘sing for us’ – from the same root as saamidoon/sumood] meaning “ghaniy” [sing]. And he said (may Allaah have mercy on him): When they [the kuffaar] heard the Qur’aan, they would sing, then this aayah was revealed.

Ibn Katheer (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning) “Wasting your (precious) lifetime in pastime and amusements (singing)” – Sufyaan al-Thawri said, narrating from his father from Ibn ‘Abbaas: (this means) singing. This is Yemeni (dialect): ismad lana means ghan lana [sing to us]. This was also the view of ‘Ikrimah. (Tafseer Ibn Katheer).

It was reported from Abu Umaamah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Do not sell singing slave women, do not buy them and do not teach them. There is nothing good in this trade, and their price is haraam. Concerning such things as this the aayah was revealed (interpretation of the meaning): ‘And of mankind is he who purchases idle talks (i.e. music, singing) to mislead (men) from the path of Allaah…’ [Luqmaan 31:6].” (Hasan hadeeth)

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“Among my ummah there will certainly be people who permit zinaa, silk, alcohol and musical instruments…” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari ta’leeqan, no. 5590; narrated as mawsool by al-Tabaraani and al-Bayhaqi. See al-Silsilah al-Saheehah by al-Albaani, 91).

Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: This is a saheeh hadeeth narrated by al-Bukhaari in his Saheeh, where he quoted it as evidence and stated that it is mu’allaq and majzoom. He said: Chapter on what was narrated concerning those who permit alcohol and call it by another name.

This hadeeth indicates in two ways that musical instruments and enjoyment of listening to music are haraam. The first is the fact that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “[they] permit” which clearly indicates that the things mentioned, including musical instruments, are haraam according to sharee’ah, but those people will permit them. The second is the fact that musical instruments are mentioned alongside things which are definitely known to be haraam, i.e., zinaa and alcohol: if they (musical instruments) were not haraam, why would they be mentioned alongside these things? (adapted from al-Silsilah al-Saheehah by al-Albaani, 1/140-141)

2 Likes

Re: I Made A Promise To ALLAH (s.w.t) But Want To Break It by YRRAHERM(m): 3:22pm On Feb 24, 2017
Arabjo:
Pls help me.

Mukina2
Sissie

Waalaikassalam, May Allah Make it easy for you.Your promise is one that is difficult to keep especially in this times we live in but i would still encourage you not to break it if you can.The decision you took is not something that is taken as an after thought,it requires deep thought,dedication and the desire to want to submit and sacrifice for Allah with all sincerity.Try and remember what made you make you this promise,it might help you at this time.Above all just be sincere,remember Allah is closer to you than you can possibly imagine.

Again,May Allah Make it easy for you.

P.S. Seeing your post and "struggles" may have gingered some of us smiley.Thank you and remember you are not alone.

Assalamu alaikum

1 Like

Re: I Made A Promise To ALLAH (s.w.t) But Want To Break It by winj3: 3:49pm On Feb 24, 2017
Arabjo:
Pls help me.

Mukina2
Sissie

You made a promise to something that you have no physical evidence of its existence? another Stu pid African
Re: I Made A Promise To ALLAH (s.w.t) But Want To Break It by Abdulazeez007(m): 4:18pm On Feb 24, 2017
Arabjo:
Pls help me.

Mukina2
Sissie
I also had the same issues months back( but no promise included) i downloaded Quran audio on my phone, get dedicated, avoided sitting with peeps i know i will stl get songs from,
Alhamdulillah it worked.
but best of all, plan your time the sunnatic way. Search for TIME MANAGEMENT THE SUNNAH WAY on youtube
Re: I Made A Promise To ALLAH (s.w.t) But Want To Break It by Talkingboy: 4:24pm On Feb 24, 2017
I used to listen to Music before .

2011 - All Wizkid soongs full my head .

2012 - I decided to stop , but still couldnt.

2013 - I deleted all the music on my Laptop and mobile phone ..... But see ehn , I had to re - download them back because I believed I could not just stop. But the addiction has reduced tho.

2014 - I had few songs on my phone and still used to listen to them once in a while .

2015 - After Ramadan . I realised that It was just not worth it at all. There is no benefit in anything Allah calls Haram. I looked at all those Artistes , Wizkid , Olamide , and so on . They drink , fornicate and so on .... Do these people deserve my time at all ?

I totally deleted all the Songs I had on my phone and didnt download them again.

I asked myself . What if my friend collected my phone to watch a music video or listen to a song and didnt find any song there, wont they crucify me that i am not a " Jasi Somebody " ? But I said to myself, Allah is worth pleasing than anybody !!!

2016 - All you would find on my phone are Lecturres by Rasheed Hashim, Amubieya, Mufti menk and so on. Not even a single Song with beat. Not even one from ASA !!!!

But you know what , I still had updates on latest songs . How ? Instagram !!!!!
I was following all these yeye clelebbrities ... Wizkid , Olamide , Praiz , Banky, Lilkesh and so on . So when they released new videos or songs , they would post on their page.

By the end of 2016, I had to unfollow every Artiste I have followed on Instangram , the only Musician i am foolwoing is Falz ( because of his mumu jokes only..............

I dont even know if davido and co still sing or not.

2017 - Alhamdulilah ......

So , If I can stop totally , You can too !!!! Bi idhni llah .

Cc @ Arabjo

9 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Islam's Position On Homosexuality / Nine Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia / Judgement Day (signs, Stages & Proceedings)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.