Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,958 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced (70512 Views)

Just Got Posted To Kano State. I'm Sad Mehn / Gombe Corper Dies In Accident On His Way To Taraba (Photos) / What Corpers Serving In Fuk, Gombe Are Passing Through (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by XaintJoel20: 7:34pm On Mar 15, 2017
FavoredGuy:
@Op, Are you related to minister of info? Your sister within three weeks in camp became a family friend of the NYSC state coordinator? I don't know what free time she had in such a busy-scheduled camp except if she enjoyed some immunity from their soldiers. How many times do you even see the state coordinator not to even talk of knowing that so so so woman is his wife? Again, @op, I hope you too served. If your PPA rejects you, you just need to go back to your L.I or at most Z.I who will repost you to another PPA? Ok wandering in town, is it a way of finding another ppa? And the coordinator's wife was at the same time wandering in town looking for corpers that were rejected by their PPAs.
If you know any lie you add to this story, remove it and then I will believe you. I don't wanna talk too much. But don't believe even all the testimonies in your church. Some may be fabricated for the listening pleasure of the gullible congregation. I arrest my case here.

Did you serve?
If yes, in what year?

His story is a reality in present day Nigeria.
Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by XaintJoel20: 7:38pm On Mar 15, 2017
Plaintainboy:

By the time you wake from your slumber it will be too late.

If there is anything like your "God" nobody would be poor in Nigeria.

It's glaring you don't know God.

You should be one of those that blame God over predicaments that mankind brought upon himself.
Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by harsol(m): 7:46pm On Mar 15, 2017
Damilare5882:
That's naija for you ...but meanwhile ...You finished from LAUTECH and you never experienced at least 6 months strike ...Abeg come here .come closer please I am not beating you ..I just one ask you one question...abeg which lautech you go ? grin grin
This one weaken me I swear... grin

1 Like

Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by Plaintainboy: 7:52pm On Mar 15, 2017
XaintJoel20:

It's glaring you don't know God.

You should be one of those that blame God over predicaments that mankind brought upon himself.

I am trying to unknow God, all he creates is problems. Good bye, dont quote me ever again please. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by Damilare5882(m): 7:58pm On Mar 15, 2017
ithope2:
I never said their was no strike but it wasn't up to 2months talkless of 6months. But from the way you replied you seem immature. What's the big deal about lautech that warrant the 'make yourself relevant part'. Afterall, it's after school life that matters.
ode nie ... Mr mature ..a beg swerve ...for ur info in 2009 ,where were you when there was a nation wide aasu strike coupled with lautech internal strike that almost lasted for a year during the subsidy shit .. Yes its after school life that matters, ain't dragging that with you .. This is just a forum .. So if you like take it personal ...na your headache
Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by Johnsonibx(m): 8:18pm On Mar 15, 2017
May God help us
Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by Deilluminator(m): 8:31pm On Mar 15, 2017
sammyscholar:
How A Sister Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe, For NYSC And What She Faced

This happened way back in 2005 but I think it still worths sharing, anyway.

So sister finished from Unilorin and was posted to Gombe for her mandatory National Youth Service. Camping was momentous and equally awesome. Soon, she finished camping, and luckily for her, she was posted to NNPC, Gombe, for her PPA. In no time, she was at NNPC, Gombe, together with other corp members posted to the PPA (a place she never imagined even in her widest imagination).

She was posted there anyway and all was just beautiful.

But getting to the PPA, she experienced the greatest nepotism and favouritism of her life.

Seriously, Nigeria don become somthing else e don tey. They asked them to submit their documents along with letter from the WHO IS WHOs. The rest submitted their documents together with letters from dignitaries. She could not produce any letter and it was then that it dawned on her that everything was ARRANGEE.

They had made mistake to send her along with the SPECIAL ONES because they already had the exact number of corp members they needed. They told her she was a daughter of nobody and that there was no place for her at NNPC.

She was so embittered and had no choice than to leave. Has she made into the city of Gombe heading to no where in particular, lo and behold, she walked into the state NYSC cordinator's wife.

They had met during camping and as an extrovert that she is, she had related with the coordinator's family. The woman wondered why she wandered around and asked her what had happened. She narrated her ordeal and then, the tuzzle began.

She informed the Coordinator, her husband, ASAP, and he promptly threatened to withdraw all corp members at NNPC, Gombe, if they failed to absorb her. They retorted that they already got the maximum number of corp members they needed. The Coodinator stood on his words so they agreed to conduct exam for the corp members to screen out one person.

The exam was conduct and she excellently passed. Having no other justifiable means to get her out, they absorbed her but scorned her for months before they finally resigned to fate.

I believe this is just a single out of many cases of this type. Seriously, systems in Nigeria have become so rotten from time immemorial. Please let this get to the from page; it might be what someone somewhere is going through right now.

Sorry for that but thank God for the kind help you got. It may also interest you know that such is the issue with anything that has to do with oil in this country. My friend suffered the same fate at PPRA here in Abuja. It reached to a point where one of the applicants had had to fling his documents under the door when he suspected nobody was in the office and luckily God picked his call, he got the job. Jus don't know how it happened but that was his testimony.
Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by FavoredGuy: 8:47pm On Mar 15, 2017
XaintJoel20:

Did you serve?
If yes, in what year?

His story is a reality in present day Nigeria.
Did I comment like someone who served or not? If I tell you where I served you will either conclude that I know WHO IS WHO or that I am not telling the truth. But personally I believe strongly in Divine assistance and destiny (not negleting hardworking).
I didn't say such a thing cannot happen in this country, but the story still has some questions begging for answers. NYSC categorically states it in posting letter that your PPA that they should not conduct any interview/test for corps members before accepting/rejecting them. NNPC Gombe violates the rule accordingly and must be sanctioned appropriately.
Again, NNPC is not in desperate need of 'corpers' that they cannot do without any corper. NNPC is not a secondary school that lacks enough competent personel that they should rely on NYSC. So how come they easily conceded or succumbed to the alleged threat (of withdrawal...) from the state coordinator and still went ahead to conduct exam for corpers.... I maintain, the story is irreconcileable. Guy wake up ooo!
Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by Tinyemeka(m): 8:50pm On Mar 15, 2017
dhardline:
Nigeria na country? The Nepotism and tribalism is every f**king where in this country and it sucks. Even when I got admission to federal government college it the south west due to fact I was still Young then my mum later told me they didn't want to take me in cause I was not Yoruba. Went for NYSC in Benin and tried to get a ppa at NPDC but when anyone I met asked me where I was from and discovered I was not from edo the urge to listen to me just leaves them. Go to federal parastals, che the army, check the state institutions, even the private institutions are not left out. Eco bank;Yoruba, Diamond bank:igbo:zenith bank edo, unity bank :Hausa and same with all other banks and companies.

Abeg make them break this country built on lies and hate

Zenith Bank Plc hires from everywhere. Just be smart and agile.
Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by sammyscholar(m): 9:07pm On Mar 15, 2017
[quote author=Raintaker post=54617846][/quote] Oh! You were right -- absolutely. I did not edit before posting it. The mistake was not out of igonorance but my failure to edit after typing.

That shows you know your bolts and nuts and not among those who are themselves lost but think they have grip of the walking staff and shout ERROR at every opportunity.

Anyway, it is needful I say that I am still learning, too.

Accept my humble apologies bro.
Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by dhardline(m): 9:38pm On Mar 15, 2017
Tinyemeka:

Zenith Bank Plc hires from everywhere. Just be smart and agile.

Bros they all hire from everywhere but if you check the quota you will understand.
Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by guiddoti: 9:57pm On Mar 15, 2017
Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by guiddoti: 9:58pm On Mar 15, 2017
Only in Nigeria nepotism is normal.

Meanwhile, you hear them say "not in my country" yeye advert
Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by Ugosample(m): 10:17pm On Mar 15, 2017
ChubbychummyICE:
I concor
Will breaking the country end the tribalism? :-/
Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by XaintJoel20: 10:19pm On Mar 15, 2017
FavoredGuy:
Did I comment like someone who served or not? If I tell you where I served you will either conclude that I know WHO IS WHO or that I am not telling the truth. But personally I believe strongly in Divine assistance and destiny (not negleting hardworking).
I didn't say such a thing cannot happen in this country, but the story still has some questions begging for answers. NYSC categorically states it in posting letter that your PPA that they should not conduct any interview/test for corps members before accepting/rejecting them. NNPC Gombe violates the rule accordingly and must be sanctioned appropriately.
Again, NNPC is not in desperate need of 'corpers' that they cannot do without any corper. NNPC is not a secondary school that lacks enough competent personel that they should rely on NYSC. So how come they easily conceded or succumbed to the alleged threat (of withdrawal...) from the state coordinator and still went ahead to conduct exam for corpers.... I maintain, the story is irreconcileable. Guy wake up ooo!

It's true NYSC forbids organisation from conducting interview/test for corp members posted to them, the question is many organization adhere to it?

NNPC may not be in dire need of corp members as they have enough staff for the day to day running, but don't forget that placing embargo on the deployment of corp members to NNPC would also closed the door door staff and management that would want to bring their children and ward there for the compulsory national service.

Thanks
Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by cuteme88(f): 12:09am On Mar 16, 2017
undecided
This is serious?

According to the white or foreigners, the problem with African is that we hate ourselves, making us the architect of our own misfortune. Most part of Nigeria was conquered by the European just by using the one person as a bait. and guess what; our own!

Well then i agree i'm a nobody, I've attended various kinds and set up of interviews whereby i see eyes contact and diffrnt sorts of things and i know that definitely 20% out of the 100% of us in attendance for the interview are Nobdy. but that doesn't make me feel discourage. all i do is to shake the dust off my feet and say to myself that this company just missed a genius like me.
How many Mr or Ms somebody work their sweats out when employed? They feel that since they are somebody's own they can do anything they feel like to do; they don't work hard to be paid or even wants to gain knowledge because they find things easy just by a call or the name that bears them all.

My say; we are the problem to this backward in our economy and point of correction i am glad to be nobody's own on Earth; I prefer to be somebody's own which is far better than Earth. I am God's own and that is everlasting.
Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by jospepper(m): 12:14am On Mar 16, 2017
So in 2009 I was mobilized for the National Youth Service Corps and was posted to Kebbi State. After the orientation, I was lucky as they posted me to Standards Organization of Nigeria (SON) office in Birnin Kebbi without pressing any buttons. I was so happy, I felt proud of myself and on top of the world because it had always been my dream to work with SON.

During our six months IT, I applied to SON but I was not taken but now my dream was back on course. When I got to the office, the oga himself was not around but the Secretary welcomed me warmly, took a look at my posting letter and exclaimed " it is your type we are looking for here,"- I read Textile Science and Technology.

In my mind I was like God I thank you o, everything is pointing to me that this is your will for me. Come and see how I was gisting with sece and feeling like a staff already. I didn't notice when oga came in and walked straight to his office without even acknowledging our greetings.

The secretary took my posting letter to him and shortly I was called in and these were his exact words to me "we can't accept you because we don't have accommodation for you and it will take a long while to process your stipends from Abuja and you will suffer for it", my shoulders fell, I managed to say I ll use two months alawee to pay for accommodation but it was of no use, he had already signed rejected on the letter.

I took the letter and went out, the secretary followed me and advised that if I have someone in Abuja I should just place a call and everything will settle. When I went there to see sece my friend few weeks later, I discovered that six corpers were accepted!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by Elnida: 12:33am On Mar 16, 2017
shumuel:
Lol grin so you sister served at Mallam Sidi

to decipher takes ingenuity o..how can she serve in malam sidi. when malam sidi hosts the camp. and that was then cox it has been relocated along the Gombe-Bauchi express road while the former camp into IDP camp.. the part she said she was later absorbed via exam, U no see am abi.
Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by Joey40: 1:41am On Mar 16, 2017
Damilare5882:
That's naija for you ...but meanwhile ...You finished from LAUTECH and you never experienced at least 6 months strike ...Abeg come here .come closer please I am not beating you ..I just one ask you one question...abeg which lautech you go ? grin grin
Great Ladokite!!
Make I sharperly rebroadcast on my fb TL grin grin
Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by shumuel(m): 6:38am On Mar 16, 2017
Elnida:

to decipher takes ingenuity o..how can she serve in malam sidi. when malam sidi hosts the camp. and that was then cox it has been relocated along the Gombe-Bauchi express road while the former camp into IDP camp.. the part she said she was later absorbed via exam, U no see am abi.

Lol grin you just want to prove to me that you know Gombe, anyways thats okay.

The NYSC Camp is located in a local, called Mallam sidi/cidi, so the camp is popularly called Mallam sidi or isn't it ?

Now the NYSC camp as at when she was serving was located on the right hand side of the road that lead to the camp but was later moved to a new site just ahead on the left hand side in mallam sidi.

Relocated to Gombe-Bauchi express road ? I guess that happened when the insurgence struck, 2015.

Thanks for the info,, did you also served at mallam sidi or you reside in Gombe ?
Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by ithope2: 7:23am On Mar 16, 2017
Damilare5882:
ode nie ... Mr mature ..a beg swerve ...for ur info in 2009 ,where were you when there was a nation wide aasu strike coupled with lautech internal strike that almost lasted for a year during the subsidy shit .. Yes its after school life that matters, ain't dragging that with you .. This is just a forum .. So if you like take it personal ...na your headache
The way you give reply really shows where you're coming from. Liar, no b only one year na five years. I rest my case. I don't join issues with like you. You really need a job.
Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by ithope2: 7:34am On Mar 16, 2017
Damilare5882:
You had one year strike and you still spent normal 5 years in school, who is deceiving who?
Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by Damilare5882(m): 1:16pm On Mar 16, 2017
ithope2:

The way you give reply really shows where you're coming from. Liar, no b only one year na five years. I rest my case. I don't join issues with like you. You really need a job.
I dont even know y I have been replying you self ... Lol ..I can see you have a job ..swerve man !!
Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by Tinyemeka(m): 9:01pm On Mar 16, 2017
dhardline:

Bros they all hire from everywhere but if you check the quota you will understand.
There's nothing unique or shady about their quota. Not less than 80% of staff in their NE, NW, NC branches are Northerners. Northerners, SWners occupy Executive Management positions. So what's the issue with their quota?
Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by JOLSOFT(m): 3:53pm On Mar 24, 2017
ugochukwufrenzy:
must u quote d whole post..nıgerıans sef.
How my post take affect you...guy shift enter next bus stop jor
Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by Elnida: 11:34pm On Mar 30, 2017
shumuel:

Lol grin you just want to prove to me that you know Gombe, anyways thats okay.

The NYSC Camp is located in a local, called Mallam sidi/cidi, so the camp is popularly called Mallam sidi or isn't it ?

Now the NYSC camp as at when she was serving was located on the right hand side of the road that lead to the camp but was later moved to a new site just ahead on the left hand side in mallam sidi.

Relocated to Gombe-Bauchi express road ? I guess that happened when the insurgence struck, 2015.

Thanks for the info,, did you also served at mallam sidi or you reside in Gombe ?

Gombe and Kaduna are the places I grew up in.
Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by shumuel(m): 10:17am On Mar 31, 2017
Elnida:

Gombe and Kaduna are the places I grew up in.

Oh really ? Thats good to know, i use to stay in Gombe too but the insurgence chased me sad
Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by Elnida: 10:54am On Mar 31, 2017
shumuel:

Oh really ? Thats good to know, i use to stay in Gombe too but the insurgence chased me sad

lol...you lost your liver? grin.....Gombe Na sweet place o..especially under Dankwambo cool
Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by shumuel(m): 11:30am On Mar 31, 2017
Elnida:

lol...you lost your liver? grin.....Gombe Na sweet place o..especially under Dankwambo cool

Yeah i know; a beautiful, quiet and peaceful place it is. Hmmm but Goje did the transformation
Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 29, 2017
Ileriahur:
I don't if it is similar to mine, 2015 will a year to remember for. In 2013 i applied for the post of an executive assistant in a recruitment firm, 2014 we were call for test. In 2015, i received a test message from a number that i was invited for an interview at CBN Headquarters Abuja, i just smiled that these scammers are here again. In say 10mins my phone rang with same number so i decided to pick to play along, on the other end came a sweet UK accented voice asking whether i am so and so that i should check my mail to confirm my invitation for the interview at CBN. Heyyyyyyyyyyyyy, CBN ke! I couldnt shout, i just race to check my mail and lo and behold the invite. I kept pondering on when i applied for a post at the CBN but got no answer. I prepared myself for the interview and on the said date i proceeded to the venue, i still doubted it till the securities at the CBN headquarters cleared me and directed me to the lobby to wait. The interview went pretty well and we where told to go and not to talk to anyone within the premises. Why waiting one the staff just told us that we should not worry that for the fact that we have gotten to this stage that we have gotten the job, hey weyyyyyyyyyyyy my mind just dey happy like baby wey just collect his first toy, CBN is a place to work ooooo, i went to their gents to ease myself, i just felt like creating my special office there. Race to 2017, no call nothing from CBN HAAAAAAA, I was depressed but it was God that saw me through. I think around mid 2016 my cousin was able to see a staff and explain my predicament and the guy said we should wait that it takes a long time to process recruitment, for my mind i just zeroed my mind. But around the period we had the interview there were rumours that some APC faithfuls wards were absolved into CBN but we just felt it was a rumour not knowing that there is an iota of truth in every rumour. March 2017 i was able to meet an Adviser to the CBN Governor who told me to send him a mail on what transpire during the whole course which i did, unfortunately he confirmed to me that our list after the interview was struck out (by who-unknown). He just told me to keep tabs on any openings there and i should let him know, praying to God to answer my prayers and pick my calls, enough of this NGO volunteering jobs though its worth it.
Where u later employed?
Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by otokx(m): 7:46am On Dec 30, 2017
The real Nigeria
Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by Ileriahur(m): 12:12am On Nov 01, 2019
Where u later employed?
No I wasn't.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NYSC Current Allowance For States In Nigeria (2014) / Muhammad Musa And Hauwa Bagudu: 2 Corpers Wed In Kano (Photos) / Fish Seller Buys A Car As She Completes Her NYSC (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.