Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,464 members, 7,808,648 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:51 PM

Usain Bolt worlds fastest man Confirms Retirement Igodotv - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Usain Bolt worlds fastest man Confirms Retirement Igodotv (505 Views)

Raymond Ekevwo Is Africa’s Fastest Man / Divine Oduduru Becomes Fastest Man In The World, Smashes Bolt's record / Andy Murray Confirms Retirement Plans In Tears (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Usain Bolt worlds fastest man Confirms Retirement Igodotv by Charidon: 10:31am On Feb 16, 2017
Bolt says he has achieved everything he dreamt of and has no reason to continue running.

The Jamaican sprinter was speaking on the red carpet at the Laureus World Sports Awards in Monaco.

“I’ve just done everything I wanted to do in the sport,” Bolt told Reuters.

“I asked (former U.S. sprinter) Michael Johnson the same question, ‘why did you retire when you were on top?’. He said the same — he had done everything he had wanted to do in athletics so there was no reason to stay in the sport. Now I understand what he means.

“I just wanted to run and to be part of it. I had to take it easy because I wasn’t at the level I would usually be. It was the first time I had competed at this time of the year.”

Bolt was recently stripped of his 2008 Olympics relay gold after a trace of banned substance was found in team mate Nesta Carter’s re-tested sample, damaging his ‘treble treble’ record read more:
https://www.igodotv.com/2017/02/16/usain-bolt-worlds-fastest-man-confirms-retirement-igodotv/

Re: Usain Bolt worlds fastest man Confirms Retirement Igodotv by Jerryojozy(m): 10:40am On Feb 16, 2017
End of an era. Time to enjoy ur hustle.

Genius J

(1) (Reply)

Sure Daily Prediction Result / Official: Ajax Sign Nigerian Striker Toni Payne / Remember The Nigeria Versus India Match Everyone Talks About?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.