Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,880 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

Kano One Of A Kind Underpass.... - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano One Of A Kind Underpass.... (12709 Views)

Kano People Swimming In Ganduje's Underpass That Is Under Construction (Photos) / Kano Okays N4bn For Construction Of Dangi Roundabout Underpass, Flyover (pics) / PHOTOS: Kano Dangi To Zoo Road Underpass And Flyover Model (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano One Of A Kind Underpass.... by Horus(m): 10:29pm On Feb 18, 2017

1 Like

Re: Kano One Of A Kind Underpass.... by furrr(m): 7:04am On Feb 19, 2017
B2mario:

Hmmmm, I wonder where you get this your information. most lgas in Kano city are very small if not the smallest in Nigeria. Kano is not bigger than portharcourt in terms of land area covered. Which local government is big in Kano metropolis?

Is it dala, fagga, gezawa, gwale, Kano, kumbotso, tarauni, nasarawa or gariko? I so much cherish Kano but can't keep quiet when someone is lying in favour of Kano. no LG in Kano is as large Gudu and Tangaza in Sokoto state or Maru in Zamfara.

Look nobody is comparing kano to any state in the north. Kano is probably the smallest state in the north what I am saying is that someone was comparing kano to onitsha and abakiliki, etc when kano is roughly the size of the entire southeastern states combined and if you still think I am lying do your research about the size of kano vs southeast.....

1 Like

Re: Kano One Of A Kind Underpass.... by B2mario(m): 7:50am On Feb 19, 2017
FriendChoice:

@bolded. Are you serious?
yes. Do you reside in Kano?
I will go to Kano metropolis and Wudil before embarking on my study.
Re: Kano One Of A Kind Underpass.... by B2mario(m): 8:42am On Feb 19, 2017
furrr:

Look nobody is comparing kano to any state in the north. Kano is probably the smallest state in the north what I am saying is that someone was comparing kano to onitsha and abakiliki, etc when kano is roughly the size of the entire southeastern states combined and if you still think I am lying do your research about the size of kano vs southeast.....

He was comparing Kano metropolis not the entire state. I am happy with the level of development I can see in Kano, Kaduna, Zamfara, Katsina and Sokoto more especially Zamfara being one of the youngest states in Nigeria. But federal government should also improve allocation of Southeast or better still site some federal projects in the zone. Development in southeast is strictly individual/private induced. We say we are one and should also help each other. Almost all the states in southeast have more than 3 cities compared to their counterparts in the north , Abia alone has 5 cities with so many commercial activities which also contribute to Nigerian overall GDP but lacks amenities which can help her local production. There is local car production in Anambra state, how is federal government helping that?

Let's be truthful to ourselves, what Southeast needs is little empowerment. we should not leave them because of Civil War that was fought many decades ago of which we can not hold this present generation responsible. They can't be suffering the sins of others.

Nigerian policies are not helping her citizens, no encouragement in the area of production and research. Economists all over the country are conducting researches which the findings are useful in future planning and policy formulation and the implications are economically helpful to the economy but there's no encouragement. Go to western world like Germany and Canada and see how they are supporting researches, in Nigeria you are on your own and that's why researches are very expensive.

Pls, I can't conduct research on size or landmass of a state or zone, it's not my field. Google to Nigerian bureau of statistics I believe they should have data on that.
Re: Kano One Of A Kind Underpass.... by Nobody: 8:56am On Feb 19, 2017
B2mario:

yes. Do you reside in Kano?
I will go to Kano metropolis and Wudil before embarking on my study.

Yeah I do. Have you ever been to Kano before? From which state are you? or region?

I hope you will go to all these places you see on internet. Don't forget to send the pictures online for verification.

Should I help you with some places you need to visit?

1 Like

Re: Kano One Of A Kind Underpass.... by Nobody: 9:01am On Feb 19, 2017
B2mario:

He was comparing Kano metropolis not the entire state. I am happy with the level of development I can see in Kano, Kaduna, Zamfara, Katsina and Sokoto more especially Zamfara being one of the youngest states in Nigeria. But federal government should also improve allocation of Southeast or better still site some federal projects in the zone. Development in southeast is strictly individual/private induced. We say we are one and should also help each other. Almost all the states in southeast have more than 3 cities compared to their counterparts in the north, Abia alone has 5 cities with so many commercial activities which also contribute to Nigerian overall GDP but lacks amenities which can help her local production. There is local car production in Anambra state, how is federal government helping that?

Let's be truthful to ourselves, what Southeast needs is little empowerment. we should not leave them because of Civil War that was fought many decades ago of which we can not hold this present generation responsible. They can't be suffering the sins of others.

Nigerian policies are not helping her citizens, no encouragement in the area of production and research. Economists all over the country are conducting researches which the findings are useful in future planning and policy formulation and the implications are economically helpful to the economy but there's no encouragement. Go to western world like Germany and Canada and see how they are supporting researches, in Nigeria you are on your own and that's why researches are very expensive.

Pls, I can't conduct research on size or landmass of a state or zone, it's not my field. Google to Nigerian bureau of statistics I believe they should have data on that.

I don't agree with the above colored.

No Nigerian state with the exception of Lagos can compare itself with Kano. Kano metropolitan area is made of 8 LGA. We have other cites apart from those 8 LGA. Example Amana city, Bandirawo, kwankwasiya cities.

3 Likes

Re: Kano One Of A Kind Underpass.... by furrr(m): 9:40am On Feb 19, 2017
FriendChoice:

I don't agree with the above.

Non of the states in Nigeria with the exception of Lagos can compare itself with Kano. Kano metropolitan area is made of 8 LGA. We have other cites apart from those 8 LGA. Example Amana city, Bandirawo, kwankwasiya cities.

This is exactly what I am talking about having cities in different locations does not mean that the cities are bigger than kano. kano municipal is the capital of kano but kano has expanded into so many local government that you can't actually tell which local government you are in within the city

Now he said anambara have 5 cities no one is arguing that except that all the 5 five cities put together are not as big as kano metropolitan area

Ps.. Kano is a continuous city expanding into local government close to the city

Now if we should agree on his logic then Kaduna city is bigger tha kano because of zaria....

2 Likes

Re: Kano One Of A Kind Underpass.... by Nobody: 9:52am On Feb 19, 2017
furrr:

This is exactly what I am talking about having cities in different locations does not mean that the cities are bigger than kano. kano municipal is the capital of kano but kano has expanded into so many local government that you can't actually tell which local government you are in within the city

Now he said anambara have 5 cities no one is arguing that except that all the 5 five cities put together are not as big as kano metropolitan area

Ps.. Kano is a continuous city expanding into local government close to the city

Now if we should agree on his logic then Kaduna city is bigger tha kano because of zaria....

Yeah its expanding by the day. In the city alone a street might be a certain local government and the next street will be different. Because the capital city has expanded to many local government.

1 Like

Re: Kano One Of A Kind Underpass.... by B2mario(m): 9:47pm On Feb 19, 2017
FriendChoice:

Yeah I do. Have you ever been to Kano before? From which state are you? or region?

I hope you will go to all these places you see on internet. Don't forget to send the pictures online for verification.

Should I help you with some places you need to visit?
Who is this?
Re: Kano One Of A Kind Underpass.... by B2mario(m): 9:52pm On Feb 19, 2017
FriendChoice:

I don't agree with the above colored.

No Nigerian state with the exception of Lagos can compare itself with Kano. Kano metropolitan area is made of 8 LGA. We have other cites apart from those 8 LGA. Example Amana city, Bandirawo, kwankwasiya cities.

I've not been to those ones you mentioned. Hope they are not like normal Hausa clustered settlement?
If I want to go to these cities mentioned where will I take if I am in Kano city
Re: Kano One Of A Kind Underpass.... by Nobody: 10:06pm On Feb 19, 2017
B2mario:

I've not been to those ones you mentioned. Hope they are not like normal Hausa clustered settlement?
If I want to go to these cities mentioned where will I take if I am in Kano city

See the pics below.

You should also visit Audu Bako Zoological Garden. (Check the link below 4 lion and other Animals pics)

https://www.nairaland.com/3283341/audu-bako-zoological-garden-kano

You can also go to Roxy amusement park (See pics and videos in the link below)

https://www.nairaland.com/3369421/roxy-amusement-park-kano-video

Re: Kano One Of A Kind Underpass.... by B2mario(m): 10:10pm On Feb 19, 2017
furrr:

Pls I am not here for argument. I've made my point based on my observation. And I can't continue with this. Your reference here is misleading, Zaria and Kaduna are two different cities separated by a very long distance. I am occupied with so many important things and cannot fall for the area you are heading to. Must Nigerians turn everything into tribal arguments.

I am a Nigerian and I love all Nigerian cities, Pls Kano is bigger than all southeastern cities put together since it's what you want to hear.
Re: Kano One Of A Kind Underpass.... by B2mario(m): 10:19pm On Feb 19, 2017
FriendChoice:

See the pics below.

this is nice. I said it before that kwankwanso also tried in the area of housing. One of this must be the estate located along Kano-Zaria road if you are just entering Kano city from Zaria maybe in kumbotso or kura lga.
Re: Kano One Of A Kind Underpass.... by Nobody: 10:23pm On Feb 19, 2017
B2mario:

this is nice. I said it before that kwankwanso also tried in the area of housing. One of this must be the estate located along Kano-Zaria road if you are just entering Kano city from Zaria maybe in kumbotso or kura lga.

Yes. My post has been edited. Re-read the previous post.
Re: Kano One Of A Kind Underpass.... by furrr(m): 12:32pm On Feb 20, 2017
Update as ta today.... cheesy cool

2 Likes

Re: Kano One Of A Kind Underpass.... by furrr(m): 12:33pm On Feb 20, 2017
More undecided

Re: Kano One Of A Kind Underpass.... by AbuEzeFemi(m): 3:44pm On Sep 03, 2017
ina son gari kano

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Explosions: Ogun Issues Temporary Ban On Sale Of Industrial Gas / What A Yoruba Sex Worker Told Me / Zulum: Opposition Parties Won't Win A Single Polling Unit In Borno State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.