Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,766 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:07 PM

PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara (12806 Views)

Obasanjo Tore His PDP Membership Card And Campaigned For APC (Throwback Video) / Kemi Adeosun Picks Her APC Membership Card In Ogun (Photos) / Okorocha Flaunts New APC Membership Card (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara by DONSMITH123(m): 3:05pm On Feb 16, 2017
The self-acclaimed Chairman of the mega party, National Unity Party, NUP, Perry Opara, has declared that the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, died the day former President, Olusegun Obasanjo personally supervised the tearing of his membership card of the party.

Opara made the remark yesterday while disagreeing with the immediate past President, Goodluck Jonathan’s recent claim that PDP remains the biggest and strongest party in Nigeria.

He noted that the incorrigible nature of Jonathan led to the loss of the former ruling party in the 2015 Presidential election.

The mega party Chairman observed that any attempt by the former President to revive the party would further divide it because his intervention was coming too late.

“I totally disagree with former President, Jonathan. In the first place, he caused PDP’s defeat in 2015. He should not have contested in 2015. He should have allowed Dr. Tafawa Balewa and others to compete with him in the 2015 PDP presidential primary. Jonathan is a good man but not a courageous leader. Courageous leaders strengthen institutions to make them strong. Weak leaders don’t make institutions strong.

“PDP is gone and gone forever. PDP died the day Obasanjo tore his membership card. Jonathan woke up from his political slumber very late in the day. When he lost election in April 2015, leaders of PDP went to him severally to reorganise the party but he could not do that until he left office. Even after leaving office he could not do anything for PDP; he ran away.

“Two years after, he has realised his mistakes to reorganise PDP when things have gone bad. No way! It is late. His entry into PDP now will create the 3rd faction in the party. He should step back and enjoy his retirement. The soul of PDP has left and will never come back,” he told leadership.

Alleging that Jonathan campaigned with money and left substance behind, Opara stressed that the former President was not in charge of his Jonathan, 2015 Presidential campaign.

“You don’t change a winning team. His structures in the party were dismantled before the 2015 reelection bid. Yet, he couldn’t do anything.

“He was not in charge. Instead of campaigning on issues, they campaigned with money and left the substance. He resorted to campaign of calumny against Buhari. How do you convince Nigerians that such a corrupt group should come back in 2019. Never; forget it,” he added.

http://dailypost.ng/2017/02/16/pdp-died-day-obasanjo-publicly-tore-membership-card-perry-opara/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara by babyfaceafrica: 3:06pm On Feb 16, 2017
Fact..ebora owu himself.....politician to the core...Fayose can testify to that...three senate presidents can testify to that ,GEJ can testify to that.... For all his shortcomings,he is the best president nigeria has since 1899

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara by OsusuMustFlow(f): 3:12pm On Feb 16, 2017
FACTS

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara by ghettowriter(m): 3:12pm On Feb 16, 2017
PDP and APC are the same bunch of looters. to hell with the both of them. 2019 election is gonna be interesting and social media is gonna be a big defining factor..

#TeamTechnocrat

7 Likes

Re: PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara by OnankpaBa(m): 3:13pm On Feb 16, 2017
“I totally disagree with former President, Jonathan. In the first place, he caused PDP’s defeat in 2015. He should not have contested in 2015.

GBAM

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara by stephnie1(f): 3:15pm On Feb 16, 2017
grin

2 Likes

Re: PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara by verygudbadguy(m): 3:15pm On Feb 16, 2017
PDP, APC are just political parties fighting for their own interest and not the masses.

We need good road, drinkable water, steady power supply, good medical centres and school.

Is that too much to ask? Since 1999, we have not achieved even one of the above-listed.

I tire for my country #OptimisticThatSomeDayItWillBeAlright

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara by TheShopKeeper(m): 3:15pm On Feb 16, 2017
Very, very true PDP was done forever at that moment when OBJ tore his membership card.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara by DONSMITH123(m): 3:17pm On Feb 16, 2017
cheesy
Re: PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara by amamahdaniel(m): 3:20pm On Feb 16, 2017
[quote author=OnankpaBa post=53770127]“I totally disagree with former President, Jonathan. In the first place, he caused PDP’s defeat in 2015. He should not have contested in 2015.

GBAM[/quote

WHAT IS THIS ONE SAYIN.
Re: PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara by SweetLove0(f): 3:21pm On Feb 16, 2017
obj. baba with swag
Re: PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara by OnankpaBa(m): 3:22pm On Feb 16, 2017
[quote author=amamahdaniel post=53770319][/quote]

PDP agent., E Pain you?

4 Likes

Re: PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara by amamahdaniel(m): 3:27pm On Feb 16, 2017
OnankpaBa:

PDP agent., E Pain you?
YOU ASK A QUESTION AND I WILL ANSWER YOU. HE DID NOT PAIN ME. ARE YOU OKAY NOW?
Re: PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara by babyfaceafrica: 3:32pm On Feb 16, 2017
ghettowriter:
PDP and APC are the same bunch of looters. to hell with the both of them. 2019 election is gonna be interesting and social media is gonna be a big defining factor..

#TeamTechnocrat
I agree with everything except the social media factor....ask the tawakalis in the north...no amount of social media can change their mind,they vote one way and the will vote massively. Unlike the social media savy people who make noise online but do not vote.have you forgotten 2015 easily,with what is online ,you will think GEJ will win massively,but when you see votes coming from core northern states una fear abi..oga politics is play your game well and share money...politics is local

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara by DONSMITH123(m): 3:37pm On Feb 16, 2017
lalasticlala, mynd44
Re: PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara by OnankpaBa(m): 3:39pm On Feb 16, 2017
cheesy
amamahdaniel:

YOU ASK A QUESTION AND I WILL ANSWER YOU.
HE DID NOT PAIN ME. ARE YOU OKAY NOW?
Re: PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara by ghettowriter(m): 3:56pm On Feb 16, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
I agree with everything except the social media factor....ask the tawakalis in the north...

I too agree with you. I visited the north during 2015 election, exactly when the voters registration was done and with the amount of kids and almajiris that lined up to collect the cards was something else. Actually, that was not what made GEJ lost the election but the voters from the western & middle belt part of Nigeria. People from this parts are social media Inclined, these will be were the media will come into play.

I know we are far from overcoming religious and ethnic biasism being the core reasons for voting in people into power but I believe the social media had created a level ground for identifying the common evil, which is Bad leadership and I believe by 2019 Nigerians will be wiser than 2015 at least.
Re: PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara by Nobody: 4:04pm On Feb 16, 2017
grin
Re: PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara by Icecomrade: 4:04pm On Feb 16, 2017

PDP died the day Obasanjo tore his membership card?

If this is the mentality of a chairman spearheading the formation of a mega party.

There is already a problem.

I keep saying that Nigeria is where it is today because

We keep having the wrong people at the right places.

This man is already a prospective doom.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara by Ask4bigneyo(m): 4:04pm On Feb 16, 2017
Re: PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara by nairaman66(m): 4:05pm On Feb 16, 2017
PDP is dead! Enough said...

2 Likes

Re: PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara by faithako: 4:06pm On Feb 16, 2017
Are we better now? no we aren't,

1 Like

Re: PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara by olaolulazio(m): 4:07pm On Feb 16, 2017
PDP died the day GEJ said stealing isn't corruption.

8 Likes

Re: PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara by obembet(f): 4:07pm On Feb 16, 2017
South South Hero

Re: PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara by Lanre4uonly(m): 4:09pm On Feb 16, 2017
It is already known. So, no doubt about that.
Re: PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara by Expl0rers: 4:09pm On Feb 16, 2017
Lol
Re: PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara by bigerboy200: 4:11pm On Feb 16, 2017
May it remain dead..
Re: PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara by kaylex1994(m): 4:12pm On Feb 16, 2017
Lol...their story no go different from arsenal's soon...coming close to winning but lossing it at long last

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria's External Reserve Hits $4b Gain, Highest In 12 Months / Charly Boy And The Mob Of Animal Farm - By Abimbola Adelakun / Inter-State Lockdown: Okowa Monitors Compliance, Warns Violators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.