Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,838 members, 7,802,689 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:53 PM

Tincan Port Congestion - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tincan Port Congestion (18280 Views)

Unbelievable: Bluetooth Device Will Help Motorist To Avoid Traffic Congestion / A Man Miraculously Survived A Ghastly Trailer Crush At Tincan Apapa / Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle At TINCAN PORT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Fhemmmy: 7:02am On Jan 24, 2010
canadacarz:

ib612 and rothstein, kindly divulge some of these agents' tactics, we are waiting to hear

Anxiously waiting too
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by adexfem(m): 8:16am On Jan 24, 2010
Hello Mr Rosthien, i think i have to come in again, you are just a victim of circumstance.Because one or two agents have treated you badly does not mean all clearing agents are bad.There are Bad Eggs in all Fields or Proffession.
Freight Forwarding is a very clear Proffession.

Apart from cars there are some many things that are Cleared by agents at the Port on behalf of the importers.If you dont know, you as an importer should know the basics of clearing process, cos the agent is working directly for you and he should be representing your views.

Its very possible for you to clear your goods yourself, under the self clearance option, the customs have made provision for that for importers, its a matter of registering with the customs.

Rothstein:

@ib612, thanks for your sincerity. the car importers on NL dont wanna talk about the clearing agents and i wonder why. i cleared two 2007 jeeps in dec highlander and ford ,i paid 450k for the ford but paid 320k for the highlander. i used two agents the second agent told me i was duped and that he and his partner still made 130k from the 320k i paid. the custom duty on both jeeps are 170k respectively. 18k for the shipping company and 17k for the shipping agent. the balance goes to their pockets. i implore importers to speak up on clearing so we know how to reduce our cost of clearing cars its so bad dat corruption has taken over some part of our system.the clearing agents would tell you they had to bribe the custom guys but i found out the tip is as small as 10k if need be.

From what i can deduce here none of the agents have told you the truth.Why did you use two different agents?I will still count you lucky, cos if you hear the experience of some importers you will thank GOD.Your car was not impounded by the customs and you were not told your car was stolen from where it was parked.Like i said before there are BAD EGGS everywhere.
About Duty, anybody can do the simple calculation.

http://www.customs.gov.ng/hscode/resulthscode.php?TYPE=KEY&HSCODE=8703

The Duty rate will be multiplied by the value of whatever item, to get the Actual Duty you are supposed to pay.Other port charges and VAT will be added to this value to get the total duty you are to pay.
Note that only the customs will give you the value of your vehicle.

Rothstein:

the clearing agents would tell you they had to bribe the custom guys but i found out the tip is as small as 10k if need be.
Do the calculation yourself, i am sure you will understand the reason why and the amount you think will be used.

The main reason why[b] Phemmmy[/b] is praising me is because i have made him understand all these basic things, and i am talking about two years ago.

I see no reason why somebody i am representing will not know what i am doing on his behalf.
So far i am entitled to my commission.

I clear all other items apart from cars such as finished products,bulk cargo, machineries, raw materials for various industries and so on.
Also note that Clearing Agents clear for big companies like MTN, GLO, ZAIN, WAPCO, to mention but a few.If you care to know,Some Clearing Agents work for the Police and Prison authorities and some other govt organs.

All, there are many good agents around, i will only advise you access properly any agent you intend entrusting your investment with.

So please Mr Rosthien, i hope i have been able to educate you to some extent.
Please do not hesitate to ask me more questions, you can contact me via email at adexfem@yahoo.co.uk or call me on 08056345590 or 08038013408
Thanks cool
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by knotty(m): 9:11am On Jan 24, 2010
@adexfem

i am a clearing agent myself, but i don't do cars because of importers who regardless of whatever you do for them to get their job done will be convinced in their heart of heart that they have been cheated. but really, the machine-outside-guys have not helped issues.

if you do your documentation prim and fit, and mark up your profit margin, which they the importer will enjoy doing gleefully, you are a cheat.

if they scheme to evade correct duty and get singed in the process, definitely, the agent must have colluded with the customs.

if they give you a BOL stating a 2006 car only to see a gleaming 2009 car in front of you, loaded to the brim with OKIRIKA, and customs raise their usual query,aahahhaha they MF NIGGLING agent caused it. i must change him. he is a nitwit. gosh. some of these car buyers suck.

when my core Clients have cars to clear, i do only those based on the need to protect relationship. the day you introduce another agent to your core client to help him clear a miserable car, that day you have invited WAHALA in to your business relationship with that client.
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by adexfem(m): 9:45am On Jan 24, 2010
Knotty, i am glad.
Clearing cars for importers can make someone sick.Like you said the main reason things are like this is because of the machine-outside-guys.

I just cleared a container for someone, while we were negotiating the importer told me he had a van that was 2006 model, on getting the BL, i discovered that the vehicle was actually a 2008 wagon and not a van, while i had already given a qoute for a van.

A colleague also cleared an SUV loaded with personal effect for his client and the vehicle was seriously vandalised at the terminal.Can you immagine for a job he charged 350k, the guy eventually paid the client 800k for the missing items which he was not responsible for.   

RAR jobs are definitely the best and are wahala free.

Although, i have been doing business with some very good car importers like Phemmmy,Lapson and many more, and i have no regrets at all.
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by ib612(m): 3:37pm On Jan 24, 2010
[b]@All:

Whether some of you want to be in denial of the fact that there's no cheat, i'm not in a position to query anyone opinion. The facts still remain that there are lot's of cheats among the so called clearing agents.

When you bring out an isolated case of vandalism and you use that as a case study, you should also be mindful that the customers entrust you with all his imports and you should have taken all necessary security to protect his investment; that's why you are paid.

When some of these clearing agents deliberately keeps information of costs or other mis-interpretations from their client, what do you suppose will happen. Because of the experience i've had in the past and continues to learn of various things associated with clearing, i know that one do not actually need a single clearing agent. Some of them are better used in some aspects than the other. Just like most of the shipping lines differ in their operations so also it's reasonable for one to know which clearing agent is good for some jobs.

Adexfem, when you refer to a certain date on a year mentioned and the actual year on a car that's written on the B/L knowing for a fact that the same year range attracts the same duty for a van would not be a tenable excuses here (you also know that older years vehicle are brought in this way). Once you generalise your own opinion and fails to factor in what these importers also go through, you'll be surprised that everyone shares one pain or the other and therefore, would not want any other burden from the clearing agent who acts on his behalf.

As regards the year of vehicles, most may know and others may not be aware that SUV starting from 2007 attracts more duties than those say, 2005. And those that are 2 years old or less attract even more duties. In essence, if a clearing agent should say pay 300k for a 2009 SUV know for sure that the vehicle is in danger of been seized by the customs
for under-declarations. Never do that. You end up paying through your noise.

My advice to the clearing agents in the house, don't play too smart, be straight forward with your clients that way everyone is happy.

My advise to the importers, if you know you are going to be long in this business always try some other clearing agents; don't limit yourselves to a particular agent. Please, don't try to pay a kobo where you need to pay a naira.

And for those who desires information about how much should be paid for a particular vehicles need to know that the ports in 9ja are operated differently by the customs and as such charges may be a little different. That's why i said i use different clearing agent for different jobs.

If you may desire a referral, you may contact me.

And for adexfem, he's a good guy. You should know that you are suppose to set an example in the house and if for any reason someone gets to know that you try to get more money from him/her, it's gonna be worse than what they'll take from any other agent not in the house; so be careful. To whom much is expected ,
[/b]
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Fhemmmy: 10:16pm On Jan 24, 2010
I could see that a lot has happened since i last logged in here.
I will admit, just like Adexfem has said, out of every 12, there is always a Judas . . . .I empathise with the poster for bad things that has happened and all that, however, it is not enuf to condemn every other agents.

I sang the praise of Mr. Adexfem, not because i am on his payroll, but cos he has done my job proffessionally and deligently and that is the most important thing to me.
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Rothstein: 10:45pm On Jan 24, 2010
@ib612 u r 2 much! pls dont stop.
@ fhemmy pls what model of car did u clear last and what did adexfem charge for clearn?
FELLOW NL I WANT US TO WORK AS ONE .IF ANY ONE HAS A CAR TO CLEAR THEY CAN COME HERE AND WE CAN ADVICE ON WHAT TO PAY FOR THE CLEARN SO AS TO STOP THESE GAME OF THEIRS. FOR THE RECORDS: CLEARING IS DIVIDED INTO TWO PARTS; 1. CUSTOMS SIDE 2. SHIPPING COMPANY/AGENT SIDE. THE PROBLEMATIC AND SHODDY IS THECUSTOMS SIDE AND I STILL FIND IT HARD BREAKING IN ON THAT. PLS FELLOW NL AND IB612 DO THE AGENTS HAVE TO BRIBE THE CUSTOMS BEFORE THEY TELL THEM WHAT TO PAY INTO THE GOVT ACCT AS DUTIES? THE SHIPPING SIDE IS EASY FOR ME NOW COS I WAS ABLE TO LOCATE A GUY WHO TAKES A TOKEN OF N1,500 TO DO THE RELEASE FROM THE SHIPPING COMPANY.NO OFFENCE INTENDED I'M TRYING TO BETTER THE LOT OF SMALL TIME GUYS LIKE ME.
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jan 25, 2010
rothstein

I would like to know more about getting the release note from the shipping people for such a low cost. I know you have to get the custom release first though?

ib612

What can you tell us about the actual processes/stages involved and level of customs under the table payments at each stage? A lot of us are looking for specific info like this, not just referral to another agent

Thanks in advance to you both
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by ib612(m): 4:11pm On Jan 25, 2010
The issue of bribery at the port is a continuous thing and if the agents don't do their lots on this they run into all sort of problem; the customs release is the most powerful stage in terms of getting your consignment.

Poster, as per your posit, i belief so much in the ability of the in-house clearing agent to do a great job and offer better services, giving to each and everyone, the same clearing costs depending on the ports, however. We sure can work together.

@Canadacarz:

I hope you're not trying to get the Job done by yourself. Although, the customs now allows that as long as you are registered with them.

Stages and processes differ at each ports. Like, say, Grimaldi (ACL) who operates their own port and compared with MSC that distributes containers to various locations. At each location, you'll have to deal with various customs officer and they differ in so many ways. Then the locations may also be another process entirely.

One thing i'll advise you is never to ship vehicles through Apapa Wharf port.
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Fhemmmy: 4:18pm On Jan 25, 2010
Rothstein:

@ib612 u r 2 much! pls dont stop.
@ fhemmy pls what model of car did u clear last and what did adexfem charge for clearn?
FELLOW NL I WANT US TO WORK AS ONE .IF ANY ONE HAS A CAR TO CLEAR THEY CAN COME HERE AND WE CAN ADVICE ON WHAT TO PAY FOR THE CLEARN SO AS TO STOP THESE GAME OF THEIRS. FOR THE RECORDS: CLEARING IS DIVIDED INTO TWO PARTS; 1. CUSTOMS SIDE 2. SHIPPING COMPANY/AGENT SIDE. THE PROBLEMATIC AND SHODDY IS THECUSTOMS SIDE AND I STILL FIND IT HARD BREAKING IN ON THAT. PLS FELLOW NL AND IB612 DO THE AGENTS HAVE TO BRIBE THE CUSTOMS BEFORE THEY TELL THEM WHAT TO PAY INTO THE GOVT ACCT AS DUTIES? THE SHIPPING SIDE IS EASY FOR ME NOW COS I WAS ABLE TO LOCATE A GUY WHO TAKES A TOKEN OF N1,500 TO DO THE RELEASE FROM THE SHIPPING COMPANY.NO OFFENCE INTENDED I'M TRYING TO BETTER THE LOT OF SMALL TIME GUYS LIKE ME.

Hello Sir,

That is what you should have asked me to start with, instead of your attacks and insult that i am probably sharing some money with Adexfem.
Anyhow, whatever i pay to Adexfem, as long as i am not complaining, is btw me and my service provider, if you would like to know how much he would chare you, he has a thread, you could always ask him his prices/charges.
Aint mad at you though.
i am here to learn and i remain humble
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Rothstein: 11:14pm On Jan 25, 2010
@ CANADACARZ THE SHIPING SIDE OF CLERAN AS I WROTE EARLIER IS EASY WHEN YOU ARE READY THEN I WOULD SEND YOU THE GUY"S CONTACT.
@IB612 I HAIL BROS. IM IN TUNE WITH UR REASONING. PLS SPECIFY ON THE STAGES OF CUSTOMS SIDE OF THE CLEARING INCLUDING GETTING THE 'DISK'.
@FHEMMY I WOULD SAY THE GUILTY ARE ALWAYS AFRAID, U R BEING EVASIVE AND ITS GLARING TO FELLOW NLERS ABOUT UR FRATERNITY WITH ADEXFEM. HONESTY PAYS!
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Emperoh(m): 8:53am On Jan 26, 2010
See argument!!
But i still haven't seen a clear case of cheating here. . , what do i mean?
Has any agent here cut corners and underpaid on the supposed duties and charges? That to me is what i consider serious fraud.
Cos it is over capable of putting me into serious issues. . . , aside that, i think we are giving issues here the wrong name.
We are dealing with GREED here not CHEATING. . . eventhough one begets the other.
Eg; there is a reason why i will buy Peak instead of Cowbell, Dano instead of Three Crowns.
There is a reason why i will go to TM Lewin rather than Balogun market, Wranglers rather than Tejuosho!!
Feel me?

A personal experience and question at the same time:
Last friday, i drove down a 2003 Nissan Murano to a client in the East and got interceptd by NCS officers at three locations
Ogere, Okada and Benin toll gate. . . . . i was accused of underpaying duty on the vehicle. . . . u can imagine how shocked i was.
We argued, raved and ranted and i realised though after parting with 2k at each point that most of these field officers may not even know
how to do their valuation. . . . matter of fact, I paid 150k duty on the car exclusive of VAT and other charges which actually brought the price to 193k
Now, unless someone says otherwise and backs up with proof on this thread, i am of the belief that i was intentionally delayed all in a bid to extort
money from me. . . . .but i bet you guys that if this were to be a true case of underpaying duty, we will all be right with the Agents cheating thingy
But aside that, its a case of greed and nothing more!!!

In the meantime, Adexfem, Rothstein and other Clearing agents, is 150k not enough duty on a 2003 Nissan Murano!
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Fhemmmy: 1:44pm On Jan 26, 2010
Rothstein:

@ CANADACARZ THE SHIPING SIDE OF CLERAN AS I WROTE EARLIER IS EASY WHEN YOU ARE READY THEN I WOULD SEND YOU THE GUY"S CONTACT.
@IB612 I HAIL BROS. IM IN TUNE WITH your REASONING. PLS SPECIFY ON THE STAGES OF CUSTOMS SIDE OF THE CLEARING INCLUDING GETTING THE 'DISK'.
@FHEMMY I WOULD SAY THE GUILTY ARE ALWAYS AFRAID, U R BEING EVASIVE AND ITS GLARING TO FELLOW NLERS ABOUT your FRATERNITY WITH ADEXFEM. HONESTY PAYS!

Thank you Sir . . . .I remain humble.
Attacking people's character has never been my thing, and will never be.
Like i said, i am here to sell, and that is what i face, i leave my clearing to Mr. Adexfem, who has so far done a wonderful job for me.
So if you think i am getting kick back from him, i am sure he has more kick backs to give, so why not enroll with Adexfemi, he clears for you and give you kick backs at same time.
If you have a great clearing agent, give me his number and l will compare price with him . . . . . . .
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by ib612(m): 2:59pm On Jan 26, 2010
[b]Nobody acusses anyone here. All just state their opinion and vent their frustration as they deem fit. Whatever meaning any other attach to it will not stop these opinion. There's no gainsaying in the fact that most, not all, but a greater percentage of these so called clearing agents are cheat.

Whether it's called greed, fraud or cheating the bottom line is that noone is happy about things that goes against you; be it the clearing agents or the importers. If you've taking time to read through the tread, you'll notice a clear case of cheating or greed on the part of the agent that cleared the poster's vehicle. Would you pay 450k naira for a 2005/2006 Suv?

Moreover, if the house clearing agent decides to charge differently for the same types of job obviously, there's bound to be a bad blood.

The customs on the road that call themselves federal operations are all rogues, only trying to make money from anyone in whatever way they can and that's the usual line they use to get you scared. It does not matter if you pay 1m duty for the vehicle. I've had cause to put some of them in trouble before, not that i like it but they were insistence and rude.

Adexfem is an adult who desires to be in his chosen carrer for a long time and as such knows what he should do and how to adjust to situations that will be in harmony to all parties. I've had discussions with him before and i know how much consenssions he'll give to make ppl happy but his not perfect just like everyone of us. I hope he gets the code here.[/b]
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Fhemmmy: 3:16pm On Jan 26, 2010
^^^ That was well said.
That was why i said, i think people can give us the names and teh contact of their clearing agents, and i will take it upon myself to call them, and ask them for the cost at which they will clear same cars that Adexfem has cleared for me and i will be willing to post the findings here.
There is not doubt about it that some people will be cheats, just like in any profession, i just dont accuse people till i have reasons to.
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Emperoh(m): 4:26pm On Jan 26, 2010
Fhemmmy:

[b]That was why i said, i think people can give us the names and teh contact of their clearing agents, and i will take it upon myself to call them, and ask them for the cost at which they will clear same cars that Adexfem has cleared for me and i will be willing to post the findings here.

[color=#550000]Start with me. . . .i donate my agent for this experiement!!! grin grin 08035691605 Osama is the name!!
Just tell him u got the number from Chinedu!!

ib612:

The customs on the road that call themselves federal operations are all rogues, only trying to make money from anyone in whatever way they can and that's the usual line they use to get you scared. It does not matter if you pay 1m duty for the vehicle. I've had cause to put some of them in trouble before, not that i like it but they were insistence and rude.

Pls can you elaborate more on this? I need to know how to tackle this next time. . . .i swore i will never fall victim to this again!!
How do we put the said Custom guys in trouble and what do we need to do to forstall all these nonsense!!
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Fhemmmy: 4:42pm On Jan 26, 2010
Emperoh:

Start with me. . . .i donate my agent for this experiement!!! grin grin 08035691605 Osama is the name!!
Just tell him u got the number from Chinedu!!

Thanks for being a great guy.
I just got off the Fone with Osama:
For a 2003 Toyota Camry, he will clear for 230K
For a 2007 Camry, he will clear at 350K

Adexfem cleared for me at same range.
So far, Adexfem is yet to cheat me, based on this, so now, who else, is willing to donate names and i will make the calls
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Rothstein: 4:46pm On Jan 26, 2010
@EMPEROH 150K IS FAIR FROM MY LITTLE LESSON @ TIN CAN
@ FHEMMY, PLS DONT BE CROSS WITH ME , I JUST FEEL I COULD MAKE OTHER NOT LOSE THEIR HARD EARNED MONEY.
@ IB612 PLS WHAT SHD BE THE CUSTOM DUTY ON 2009 TOYOTA VENZA?
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Fhemmmy: 5:07pm On Jan 26, 2010
Rothstein:

@EMPEROH 150K IS FAIR FROM MY LITTLE LESSON @ TIN CAN
@ FHEMMY, PLS DONT BE CROSS WITH ME , I JUST FEEL I COULD MAKE OTHER NOT LOSE THEIR HARD EARNED MONEY.
@ IB612 PLS WHAT SHD BE THE CUSTOM DUTY ON 2009 TOYOTA VENZA?

My brother, crossed? common, we are all out there trying to make a living and i am sure God will be our helper and source, i am not mad at you at all.
We all learn . . . .Trust me, i will be the happiest man on earth, if i can be able to clear a 2007 Murano for 100K, but be sure it comes with all the right document, cos i hate to sell cars to people and they have problems with customs or with the police, it is embarrassing and not good for my business and my name . . . . .so it is important to me to know that the proper payment is made while clearing.
And if someone do a good job for me, i will commend them
So we are kool
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Emperoh(m): 5:17pm On Jan 26, 2010
Rothstein!!
Thank you. . . . and from my inquiries, i think it was the right thing to pay
Pse the question is, how and what do we do to forstall being harassed by customs on the highway
After you must have paid the correct tariff!!!

This is of particular interest to me cos i do drive most of the cars myself!!!
Pse any advice or similar experience that ended well!!!
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jan 26, 2010
emperoh

Are u seriously saying 193k total to get the 03 Murano out of the port!!! and that includes the agent's commission? Dat's an amazing price, being a clearing agent must be very lucrative considering the kinds of prices most of them would charge for d same car

I still hope someone in the know will share more specific info with us, ib612 is talking in riddles and not saying the koko but I guess he has his reasons for being deliberately vague so no point pushing. As a matter of fact, it's looking more like he has personal beef with adexfem which they should be settling out of here so those of us looking to learn are not distracted by their wahala. If anyone knows and is willing to share with the house, floor's open
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Fhemmmy: 10:46pm On Jan 26, 2010
canadacarz:

emperoh

Are u seriously saying 193k total to get the 03 Murano out of the port!!! and that includes the agent's commission? Dat's an amazing price, being a clearing agent must be very lucrative considering the kinds of prices most of them would charge for d same car

I still hope someone in the know will share more specific info with us, ib612 is talking in riddles and not saying the koko but I guess he has his reasons for being deliberately vague so no point pushing. As a matter of fact, it's looking more like he has personal beef with adexfem which they should be settling out of here so those of us looking to learn are not distracted by their wahala. If anyone knows and is willing to share with the house, floor's open

I am sure they are adult and will take care of it.
Emperor pays more than that to clear the ride, that was the first question i asked him as well.
But i thinnk they know more than me and you . . . .we talk in terms of how much we pay in total, but some talk in terms of how much they pay per service, the break it down.
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by ib612(m): 1:45am On Jan 27, 2010
I did mentioned that if anyone needs my assistance i'll be available to help out.

I have no beaf whatsoever with Adexfem. I wrote knowing that he'll read it. I'm sure he knows what i'm talking about and sure do understand my position. I've accepted his ability to handle things i want done been an in-house member himself and i've giving him jobs to handle; if i don't feel happy with what he did, he knows that i'll tell him as it is.

I'll not under any circumstance mention a clearing agent name or number on this thread because of those clearing agent that are already in the house deserve every of our businesses. If anyone wishes to contact me, my contact information is there for everyone to see.

My friend that wants to "handle the Cutoms- men" on the highways, i'll advise you take it easy with them it's the broken system that allows that to happen. How i did it may not be available to you. Remember i said they were insistence and rude. They forgot that they have "oga" in many places in our obudo 9ja
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Emperoh(m): 8:20am On Jan 27, 2010
ib612:

My friend that wants to "handle the Cutoms- men" on the highways, i'll advise you take it easy with them it's the broken system that allows that to happen. How i did it may not be available to you. Remember i said they were insistence and rude. They forgot that they have "oga" in many places in our obudo 9ja[/i].[/b]

IB
I want you to line out the appropriate thing to do!!
Who says i want to handle Customs men? U make it look like i am trying to do what i am supposed to do?
See if we learn how to make this people do the right thing after one must have done the right thing, then we won't almost be here
All i was asking is how to evade these ruthless imps after u must have done the right thing.
Your language above to me was somewhat uncomfortable but i won't comment on it!! If you are not willing to share
Then come out plainly and say so. . . . . no one has a monopoly over knowledge!!!
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by ib612(m): 2:51pm On Jan 27, 2010
My firend, what's the last sentence telling you?

That means you call one of the men in Abuja or somewhrere else who can call them to order. That's exactly what i did
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by LuniyiGlo(m): 11:40pm On Jan 27, 2010
@adexfem

That was my wife that called this evening regarding the question about clearing trucks. . .

http://www.customs.gov.ng/hscode/resulthscode.php?TYPE=KEY&HSCODE=8703

The Duty rate will be multiplied by the value of whatever item, to get the Actual Duty you are supposed to pay.Other port charges and VAT will be added to this value to get the total duty you are to pay.
Note that only the customs will give you the value of your vehicle.

What is funny and very ironic is that you can provide us importers on this thread with the link to Customs website to read about and calculate duty charges yet you can't answer a SIMPLE question regarding the charges by 5 Star Logistics? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Is this Advanced Calculus or Rocket Science that 5 Star Logistics have used to prepare charges that I can't a SIMPLE question answered? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?  Or is it that that you agents conspire with 5 Star Logistics? ? ? ? ? ?  I think I already know the answer to my question.   angry   angry   angry
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Fhemmmy: 11:54pm On Jan 27, 2010
Luniyi_Glo:

What is funny and very ironic is that you can provide us importers on this thread with the link to Customs website to read about and calculate duty charges yet you can't answer a SIMPLE question regarding the charges by 5 Star Logistics? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Is this Advanced Calculus or Rocket Science that 5 Star Logistics have used to prepare charges that I can't a SIMPLE question answered? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?  Or is it that that you agents conspire with 5 Star Logistics? ? ? ? ? ?  I think I already know the answer to my question.   angry   angry   angry

Seems like the exporters are now really angry and we will like to know how the money we pay for clearing is being arrived at.
Now we have another 400$ or more to worry about, called CTN . . . . . i tire oh
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by ib612(m): 11:59pm On Jan 27, 2010
Another dimension, another costs. Who bears the brunt now, ehn?
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Fhemmmy: 12:02am On Jan 28, 2010
ib612:

Another dimension, another costs. Who bears the brunt now, ehn?

I am sure the customers will now have to extra 70K Naira on every ride.
I am just pissed cos i already have some car sailed already . . . . how do i go back to the customer and ask for more money?
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by ib612(m): 12:28am On Jan 28, 2010
It's Pa Anineh turn to chop his own.

Bode George has done his own.

How can someone think or arrive at such costs. This 9ja is something else ooo.

Now, it's going back to the old order of smugling. Then most of the axillary workers in 9ja port will go jobless.

This people don't think before they act ooo
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Fhemmmy: 12:41am On Jan 28, 2010
Thinking is only for people that has a brain
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by ib612(m): 12:44am On Jan 28, 2010
^Succinctly said

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! / Gear Shift Problem, Please Help I'm Spending Too Much On It / Ford Self-driving Cars Are Now Delivering Domino Pizzas Across Miami

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.