Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,696 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:34 PM

...... - Islam for Muslims (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / ...... (214291 Views)

Angels Of Mercy: Some Of The Houses They Do Not Enter / It's Delusional & Sign Of Apostasy To Believe Angels Are Caught On Video Camera / Differences Between Angels And Jinn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (164) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ...... by ikupakuti(m): 9:59pm On Aug 24, 2017
Heebah:
Where is @em.ekaraj? Una don drive am away come hijack him thread abi? Ko da oo

grin Where is Tlake its been a while, hope hes fine.
Re: ...... by Empiree: 1:02am On Aug 25, 2017
When i get the time, i will post illustrations of credit/score/loan. You will see why folks (majority) would prefer to pay monthly loan rather than paying full cash price (purchase) to buy a car (for instance). The system is setup in a way to get you one way or the other. Besides, 95% cant afford one time cash payment of car. Even rich people prefer to make payment at least twice to build their credit, which means FINANCING.

Say for instance, you go to a dealer to buy a car (new or pre-owned) for $20,000. This is actual sale price. But then, there may be some features the buyer likes; like sun/moon roof, tv, remote start, key less entry etc. These may be additional cost. They may find you similar car with these features that cost more. But let's stay on basic that cost 20k for now. If you don't have full cash at signing, and you wish to finance the car, they pull your credit report to view your credit history and score. Dealer searches for various banks or lenders cus buyer may not meet requirements of some banks. Dealer tries to make sure they find one. They don't want to lose customer.

Let's say buyer (consumer)'s credit score is 610 but lender/bank A needs 650. In that case, they deny the application. This is called "inquiry" on consumer's credit report and may cost consumer points. Let's say from 610 may drop to 603. That's why too many inquiries is not good. Lender/bank B's credit requirement may be 600. This bank/lender will approve the loan for 20k plus finance charges which cost $10k total of $30,000 plus fees (of all kinds) like: car service charge usually 3k, registration 400, roadside assistance, car protection cost etc. By the time they add these up cost another 9k. But ofc, consumer has the option of opting out of car protection. The thing is, it is good to have it after they explain it to you. You may be convinced bcus, if car is to have mechanical problems, buyer is responsible 100%. So to help you out they add protection cost at the time of signing. This is diff from insurance coverage. Thats separate that buyer pays for every month to insurance company of his/her choice.

Now, the total cost is $20, 000+10,000+9,000 total of 39,000 dollars. From this amount, some may choose to put down payment of usually $2000 but many do $0 down. So the bank may finance the whole amount for monthly payment of $650 for 60 months. You are happy to pay this amount every month. Say you pay for a yr and you lose your job, you miss payments for 3 months, your car will be reprocessed by the dealer and you lose all previous payments you have made. Not only do you lose the money, they will also charge you late fees and interest. And remember 650 you make every month, there is daily interest of let's say 8% of your monthly payment. All these are reported to credit Bureau and they mess up your credit.
Re: ...... by Empiree: 1:37am On Aug 25, 2017
How To Survive The Storm Some financial institutions do offer "payment calculator" for either recurring or one time payment. If you keep making minimum monthly payment, you have a long way to go. It means by the time you make 60th payment, you have paid interest and unnecessary fees they added. So there is a way to avoid this fees and interest (if you can) depending on your income.

Pull their calculator and type amount you can afford over your minimum monthly. Let's say you can afford 2k per month, their calculator will multiply 2k per month from the first month payment for certain amount they allowed to avoid interest. They called it 'savings'. If you can make 2k a month from next month, calculator will automatically give 11 months. That's 2000 x 11 = 22000. Thats what you pay for the car in 11 months and you saved $17000 .

Unfortunately, many dont do this. They make minimum monthly payment (650) bcus it is "comfortable" not realizing they are ripped. If you make substantial a month like 2k described above, bank will make sure they still get their pound of flesh. They make sure you exceed purchased price. Thats how they set up the "payment calculator". The excess is usually btw 2000 to 4000 dollars. Thats big savings rather than making little 'convenient' monthly payment. If you can make payment within 11 months, you will be reported to credit bureau and have your credit score increased to whatever their calculation is. It could go up to 710 score within a yr. No lien on your car. You are free. You smile at the end. Be smart. But i am not sure if all banks do this. this type of cars ofc, are brand new or mint condition with very low mileage. And you still have yrs ahead to use it. But with 650 minimum every month, by the time you finish the payments, the car is worthless shocked cool

Now assume if this is mortgage shocked shocked , 95% Americans pay minimum monthly...you are screwed cheesy grin

If you decide to make full payment after signing the contract, using "payment calculator", you will end up paying $30,000 of One Time payment, and you only saved $9000. See why you still have to make monthly payment one way or the other cheesy They will NEVER allow One Time payment of 20k. grin cheesy shocked
Re: ...... by ikupakuti(m): 11:13am On Aug 25, 2017
^^^
grin cheesy Nawa ooo una financial system is designed to favour the capitalists only, while disguised as if to help the masses.

The US still remains the biggest debtor in the world, where are they keeping all the monies ?

#So even after signing, then one changes his mind to pay full @ once, you would still get ripped ? Coz you‘d signed for credit?

#So after defaulting, they would repossess their vehicle & wont pay back anything from all you‘ve paid ? Is there an insurance against job loss ? grin

#On the issue of mortgage, what if one quickly files for bankruptcy before the next debt payment is due ? Any grace ? Dont they write off “bad“ debts ?

#Can one be jailed coz of debt ? I mean if I mortgage my home to finance a project & I went bankrupt while also owing other creditors (unsecured) & the leftover of my mortgage cant clear the other debts, what would happen ? grin

1 Like

Re: ...... by Empiree: 11:38am On Aug 25, 2017
^^^

# Yup, you don entered one chance. No back off after signing

# You get nada if they repoccess the vehicle. Plus you get bill and penalties for breach of contract. Insurance for job loss is "unemployment benefits". But average processing for this I think 3 months or less sha but it has limit.

# To file for bankruptcy, you need to meet certain criteria, minimum of 3 missed payments. Plus you don't only file bankruptcy on montage you owe but all your properties and other debts are included even if you are not behind on other payments. They do write off debt but that depends on company. However, if a bank errors off debt but possibility exist that IRS will come after you for their pound of flesh too. Debt written off is considered income to you by irs.

# Yes, possible. There are folks that have been jailed for decades old debt. As in debt they owe 30yrs ago. They come after them in 2017. I just read of a guy few days ago.

But it depends on federal, state and local law.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jailed-for-280-the-return-of-debtors-prisons/
Re: ...... by LadunaI(m): 5:41pm On Aug 25, 2017
Empiree:
^^^

# Yup, you don entered one chance. No back off after signing

# You get nada if they repoccess the vehicle. Plus you get bill and penalties for breach of contract. Insurance for job loss is "unemployment benefits". But average processing for this I think 3 months or less sha but it has limit.

# To file for bankruptcy, you need to meet certain criteria, minimum of 3 missed payments. Plus you don't only file bankruptcy on montage you owe but all your properties and other debts are included even if you are not behind on other payments. They do write off debt but that depends on company. However, if a bank errors off debt but possibility exist that IRS will come after you for their pound of flesh too Debt written off is considered income to you by irs.

# Yes, possible. There are folks that have been jailed for decades old debt. As in debt they owe 30yrs ago. They come after them in 2017. I just read of a guy few days ago.

But it friends on federal, state and local lawsearch

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jailed-for-280-the-return-of-debtors-prisons/

Endless cycle of exploitation. The debt is write off, IRS still want to collect tax on it again. This is essentially a frontier of capitalist society.

The bourgeoisie will always feed fat on the proletariat till of end time lol, in the Marxist context. The system is solely based on RIBA so much so that no leniency at all, even in the case of bankruptcy. How wouldn't they allow me to pay cash when I have.

Tell me pls, isn't ways to live COMPLETELY without this debt of a thing in the State? I read sometime ago a couple, I think in NYC has to jumped from flat and died, out of FRUSTRATION of their debt in which they believed they can't pay back, and the only escape route for them is to jump to DEATH! very pathetic.

I think the State is over leverage society, so much so that the living standard of people can't be measurable to it EXCEPT thru debt. Despite cornocopia of jobs yet you live from one pay checks to another to survive.

If I may ask, what is average earning a middle class there should be earning that will averagely sufficient to escape this trap? $60,000pa or recently proposed $130,000 for intending h1b? Lols

1 Like

Re: ...... by LadunaI(m): 6:06pm On Aug 25, 2017
ikupakuti:
@LadunaI

He didnt make that transition immediately. Space/time has very little meaning to the jinns talkless of ruhanniyya.

If you & a jinn are to stand on the same mark for a throw & catch duet, lets say 2 ball are to be thrown before the 2 of you & you 2 are required to have each on your palms @ landing time & place, and each ball, due to the amount of force excerted @ throwing & the ensuing veloucity, would take 500years of time to land & also cover corresponding amount of space .

As a human, in order to meet target, you‘ll have to move @ the same pace with the thown ball or succeed it.

But for the jinn, he doesnt even need to leave his mark, the day that ball will drop, all he need do is stretch out his hand & it will fall on it.

An ifreet (jinn) told Sulaiman (as) that before he would stand up from his sitting position(a second), he would pull a throne probably weighing tonnes over an area of about 2000km (yemen-jerusalem) to his presence.

Asif that used a ruhaniyya did it in 1/12 second while expending very little energy.

In the sphare where a day measures to a 1000yrs, an arc of 1km here is equivalent to over 730‘000km there & so is the quantum of energy, and thats just the base of their realm.

Hmmmm, another way I view this thing for proper understanding is analogy of ants. Considering the level with which human will accomplish certain task compare to them.

For instance an ant coming to see a bricks of block on it part way, will imagine how many years of strenuous work it has to do to accomplish that. Whereas it doesn't take a man an hour to make many of that. So with capability of jins in this respect far beyond man, yet Man knowing the DIVINE secret of the scripture,
can perform BETTER than the Jins themselves as ASIF did.

These "malaika feel fele" can they be seen at anytime? The Prophet(saw) said to companions that if their consciousness is always in a state they normally be in his presence; thinking about God, paradise, hell, etc then Angels (perhaps malaika feel feel Lols) will SHAKE hands with them on their way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ...... by Empiree: 8:40pm On Aug 25, 2017
LadunaI:

Endless cycle of exploitation. The debt is write off, IRS still want to collect tax on it again. This is essentially a frontier of capitalist society.
cancelled, written off or forgiven debts (in most cases) would have irs coming for you grin https://www.google.com/search?q=irs+comes+after+written+off+debts&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS747US747&oq=irs+comes+after+written+off+debts&aqs=chrome..69i57.27035j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

The bourgeoisie will always feed fat on the proletariat till of end time lol, in the Marxist context. The system is solely based on RIBA so much so that no leniency at all, even in the case of bankruptcy. How wouldn't they allow me to pay cash when I have.
Thats why they are doing everything possible to invent cashless monetary system which is already here by the way. Just a matter of time before paper money becomes wallpaper cheesy . Also, not that they dont accept cash at all. Fact is, how many can come up with huge dollar amount for car or house loan?. Very little. And if you do put down cash, you may be scrutinized. They may call police for you. This reminds of of the place i used to work in 2006. A customer came to buy merchandises worth $5k, plus she was black woman. There is a limit you can buy on cash, otherwise, you get in trouble. Anyways, cashier summoned MOD who in turn called the police without customer knowing. She was cuffed and taken aside for interrogation. What happens in this situation is they want to know type of job you do. You better be legit. After that, how much you make a yr. If your annual income is not reasonable to them, you may be subject to further scrutiny which may lead to your undisclosed other income (which in most cases is off the book). If thats the case, you will be in trouble with irs. But this customer in question happens to marry a white dude who perhaps works at Wall Street. Or someone who wins lottery. This may be a legit excuse. Other than this, you better be a politician. Nigerian politicians buy houses cash here shocked Their case is different once they present their status to the bank. US is all about money. They would take the money.

Tell me pls, isn't ways to live COMPLETELY without this debt of a thing in the State? I read sometime ago a couple, I think in NYC has to jumped from flat and died, out of FRUSTRATION of their debt in which they believed they can't pay back, and the only escape route for them is to jump to DEATH! very pathetic.
You are not typical american if you dont owe money cheesy shocked . Yea, i heard of the couple. That was true

I think the State is over leverage society, so much so that the living standard of people can't be measurable to it EXCEPT thru debt. Despite cornocopia of jobs yet you live from one pay checks to another to survive
You are very understanding.

If I may ask, what is average earning a middle class there should be earning that will averagely sufficient to escape this trap? $60,000pa or recently proposed $130,000 for intending h1b? Lols
The median household income in the U.S. is $56,500 according to the most recent government data. (August 2017)

According to census data from 2015, 6.1% of households bring in $200,000 and higher every year and 14.1% bring in between $100,000 and $150,000. This is the upper middle class.

How about "lower class" a k a poor people shocked
Re: ...... by Empiree: 5:11am On Aug 26, 2017
Here we have illustrations. This is a co-worker's car loan. I am acquainted with his principal loan amount. It is actually 22k for the car. Thats the car worth. But you notice that it says 30k is the principal balance. But if he chooses to pay off one time right now, he would pay 30k and some change as written and thats seems only valid within 10 days of closing the deal. Now, look at lower right corner of the first attachment, it says 39k he owes by the time he pays his monthly of 522 that you see at the upper right corner for 75 months.

So see the car actually cost 22k. But he has to pay 30k (a must). Where did 8k diff comes from? grin shocked . Extra 9k is finance charges i told you about shocked

Get the gist

Look at the second pix. Thats what i was telling you about. If he can afford 2k a month, he would save what you see in the second attachment and pays off the car within 13 months. This way, he waives finance charges and by the time he pays 2k on sept 2018, he would have paid 26k. So he saved 13k but they still make little change off him in the amount of 4k. Remember i said something like this earlier, btw 2k-4k?. But not many can do this. Many would prefer to pay that little monthly of 522 you see at the upper right corner for over 5 yrs by paying interest and fees. In another word, the more he can come up with every month the earlier he pays off, the more he saves money.

Re: ...... by ikupakuti(m): 6:16am On Aug 26, 2017
^^^

Na wa o

This is just a doped up slavery. Taxes & intrests. You‘d realise @ the end that, you‘ve being labouring all this while just to enrich some slavemasters.

May God help you guys grin

1 Like

Re: ...... by ikupakuti(m): 6:59am On Aug 26, 2017
LadunaI:

Hmmmm, another way I view this thing for proper understanding is analogy of ants. Considering the level with which human will accomplish certain task compare to them.

For instance an ant coming to see a bricks of block on it part way, will imagine how many years of strenuous work it has to do to accomplish that. Whereas it doesn't take a man an hour to make many of that. So with capability of jins in this respect far beyond man, yet Man knowing the DIVINE secret of the scripture,
can perform BETTER than the Jins themselves as ASIF did.

Ofcourse, only if man would realise his potentials. E.g the ruhs of the jinns, ruhaniyyas, angels are barred from progressing beyond their respective realms no matter the amount of ibada unlike man whos ruh (--) has the capabilites of transcending to even above the realm of creation unto eternity & pre-existence.

These "malaika feel fele" can they be seen at anytime?

It depends. Anybody can be seen depending on the condition of the seer & the state of whos to be seen.

The Prophet(saw) said to companions that if their consciousness is always in a state they normally be in his presence; thinking about God, paradise, hell, etc then Angels (perhaps malaika feel feel Lols) will SHAKE hands with them on their way.

One of my favourite hadith. Now, the state (hal) fana in the realm of the holy prophet (saw) is beyond the reach of even the angels. The grace acquired in such hal makes the angels look inferior to man, hence they begin to admire & revere them.

The angels knew should God give is khalafa to man, then man would definitely rule over them while they would remain @ his service, reason why they kicked againt it when they were notified.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ...... by LadunaI(m): 1:15pm On Sep 01, 2017
EID MUBARAK! EID MUBARAK!! EID MUBARAK!!!

2 Likes

Re: ...... by Empiree: 3:27pm On Sep 01, 2017
LadunaI:
EID MUBARAK! EID MUBARAK!! EID MUBARAK!!!
Re: ...... by Hkana: 4:23pm On Sep 01, 2017
Eid Mubarak fam

2 Likes

Re: ...... by Empiree: 1:27am On Sep 05, 2017
Thieves Ole Ole Ole Ole

Re: ...... by Empiree: 1:32am On Sep 05, 2017
Interesting Piece On Wikipedia

Re: ...... by Empiree: 1:34am On Sep 05, 2017

Re: ...... by LadunaI(m): 12:25pm On Sep 05, 2017
@empiree
Very interesting posts up there. So there is difference in Sunni and Salafi again. I got a gist of that when Yasir Qhadi debunked the idea of being a salafis himself ttrying to draw a dichotomy with jihadist form of salafis.

On loan stuff, I know of somebody who got insurance payout after his car was stolen. Add some few dollars to it, and got himself another car, not new one though. With that he saves himself for another cycle of debt servicing.

Also, I don't know why I like watching Joyce Meyer. I am on their mailing list of their magazines far back 2004. I do enjoyed her sermons and quotes at time.
Re: ...... by Tlake(m): 1:29pm On Sep 05, 2017
ikupakuti:

grin Where is Tlake its been a while, hope hes fine.

am fine broda, just normal life drama ,may Allah assist us...sent u a mail

Reminder for our brodas ASHURA is next week monday lets try d verse of concern 1000 recitation of laqod jakum from Mr kuti post may Allah and his prophet come to our aid...

2 Likes

Re: ...... by Empiree: 2:53pm On Sep 05, 2017
LadunaI:
@em.piree
Very interesting posts up there. So there is difference in Sunni and Salafi again. I got a gist of that when Yasir Qhadi debunked the idea of being a salafis himself ttrying to draw a dichotomy with jihadist form of salafis.
you dey mind them. I actually see them as sunni always but I keep hearing they aren't until I see they reject certain beliefs and practices like tawasul, istighaza. And many practices like group dhikr/dua. Although, they believe in these from Quranic perceptive but only to eject it details from hadith and come up with their own definition of the hadith and considered that of sunni to be "daef" by Sheikh Albany. So you see them condemning something like "Ola Anobi" i:e intermediary when, in fact, it has precedent from sahaba. Plus Q 5:35 talks about this. Besides that, all our four madhab affirmed this with evidence so glaring in salat at at-tahiyat.

On loan stuff, I know of somebody who got insurance payout after his car was stolen. Add some few dollars to it, and got himself another car, not new one though. With that he saves himself for another cycle of debt servicing.
as much as it can be painful to lose a car to theives or accident which may lead to "total loss", this is a good deal. But stolen car though is most likely recoverable since most have tracking and remote lock. So I don't know why insurance would payout when they can easily lock the car remotely. Maybe it is really old type of car. Anyways, what matters the most is he got theft protection benefit.

Also, I don't know why I like watching Joyce Meyer. I am on their mailing list of their magazines far back 2004. I do enjoyed her sermons and quotes at time.
either you accidentally subscribed your email or you visited their website and they automatically tagged and subscribed your email themselves
Re: ...... by LadunaI(m): 6:53pm On Sep 05, 2017
Empiree:

as much as it can be painful to lose a car to theives or accident which may lead to "total lost", this is a good deal. But stolen car though is most likely recoverable since most have tracking and remote lock. So I don't know why insurance would payout when they can easily lock the car remotely. Maybe it is really old type of car. Anyways, what matters the most is he got theft protection

Actually, it was later tracked down at another county and recovered. So I don't the details but he got some cash back then added little to purchase another car.

Empiree:

either you accidentally subscribed your email or you visited their website and they automatically tagged and subscribed your email themselves

Yeah I visited their website then. I subscribed to their magazines. Am pretty sure may be they will still continue to send it to we're served then OORDAR. That's around your area in Ogun state.
Re: ...... by Empiree: 7:39pm On Sep 05, 2017
LadunaI:

Actually, it was later tracked down at another county and recovered. So I don't the details but he got some cash back then added little to purchase another car.
I hope the dude's claim was real and not fraud, cus many do insurance fraud these days and usually get caught. BUt i want to believe his car was truly stolen and he got insurance cash payout, and car later found. In that case, i doubt he owns the car again bcus he must have bee made to sign off the car. The car belongs to insurance company if found at all. But it is really a good deal cus that takes freaking debt off his neck. However, someone seems to have better experience here http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=295579 said if the car still has lien on it, prevous owner may still be liable for the balance shocked shocked shocked after cashing insurance check. I hope not.

Really when it comes to car loan, it is not a simple arithmetic. Can be confusing depending on loan terms. I was actually partially wrong from my previous analysis i posted earlier. I read details of my friend's loan and i saw ugly side. What happens is, apart from pre-charged interest they called "finance charges" already charged to his loan, interest actually acrues daily on his loan by 8.74% until the loan is paid off. He has until 2023 to pay off 39k which means which means at least daily interest of about 179/month by 12 month by 6yrs he has to pay if he is to pay minimum a month. I said to him this makes no sense. This is rip off. He said he would never do that. He intends to pay 2k a month which saves him 5yrs of interest. He was talking to auto loan company and the agent was like "woow, really you can come up with that much a month, thats gonna save you lots of money on interest and 5yrs". But i am sure if the conversation was one on one, the agent won't be happy cus it means by calculation they make little to no money off him. They only make 400 dollars on interest if he pays 2k a month. That why not many companies offer "early payoff". It's crazy.

Imagine this is a car, how about student loan, home loan. It is crazy. That's why you see doctors still broke after many yrs of practicing. I paid off my student fees myself loan free. I met a guy who is a graduate in 2005 working as technician for a big merchant, told me he was still paying student loan 5yrs after he graduated. Said after he paid all his bills including student loan, he is only down with 200 bucks which includes food stuff. Wallahi, that made me sad. It was at that time a caucasian friend of mine said "education is bullsh!t" grin grin

Yeah I visited their website then. I subscribed to their magazines. Am pretty sure may be they will still continue to send it to we're served then OORDAR. That's around your area in Ogun state.
May never stop unless you actually unsubscribe or call to cancel. But whats their business with her now, she's America.
Re: ...... by LadunaI(m): 9:57pm On Sep 07, 2017
Empiree:
I hope the dude's claim was real and not fraud, cus many do insurance fraud these days and usually get caught. BUt i want to believe his car was truly stolen and he got insurance cash payout, and car later found. In that case, i doubt he owns the car again bcus he must have bee made to sign off the car. The car belongs to insurance company if found at all. But it is really a good deal cus that takes freaking debt off his neck. However, someone seems to have better experience here http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=295579 said if the car still has lien on it, prevous owner may still be liable for the balance shocked shocked shocked after cashing insurance check. I hope not.

Really when it comes to car loan, it is not a simple arithmetic. Can be confusing depending on loan terms. I was actually partially wrong from my previous analysis i posted earlier. I read details of my friend's loan and i saw ugly side. What happens is, apart from pre-charged interest they called "finance charges" already charged to his loan, interest actually acrues daily on his loan by 8.74% until the loan is paid off. He has until 2023 to pay off 39k which means which means at least daily interest of about 179/month by 12 month by 6yrs he has to pay if he is to pay minimum a month. I said to him this makes no sense. This is rip off. He said he would never do that. He intends to pay 2k a month which saves him 5yrs of interest. He was talking to auto loan company and the agent was like "woow, really you can come up with that much a month, thats gonna save you lots of money on interest and 5yrs". But i am sure if the conversation was one on one, the agent won't be happy cus it means by calculation they make little to no money off him. They only make 400 dollars on interest if he pays 2k a month. That why not many companies offer "early payoff". It's crazy.

Imagine this is a car, how about student loan, home loan. It is crazy. That's why you see doctors still broke after many yrs of practicing. I paid off my student fees myself loan free. I met a guy who is a graduate in 2005 working as technician for a big merchant, told me he was still paying student loan 5yrs after he graduated. Said after he paid all his bills including student loan, he is only down with 200 bucks which includes food stuff. Wallahi, that made me sad. It was at that time a caucasian friend of mine said "education is bullsh!t" grin grin

May never stop unless you actually unsubscribe or call to cancel. But whats their business with her now, she's America.

# No he never fake anything. You guessed right. I think the car later found after the payout, because I was aware of that payment, but got to know that the car was found in another county thereafter.

#Nawao paying student's loan after five years! America education is very expensive and only if one can get scholarship/fellowship that will better. In fact when I checked a tuition waiver for in-state tuition is still very much money. A graduate study with a full funding with GA or RA is what I really want if am chance to have my graduate study in the state. What are the prospect for that now?

#
Re: ...... by Empiree: 12:16am On Sep 08, 2017
LadunaI:

#Nawao paying student's loan after five years! America education is very expensive and only if one can get scholarship/fellowship that will better. In fact when I checked a tuition waiver for in-state tuition is still very much money. A graduate study with a full funding with GA or RA is what I really want if am chance to have my graduate study in the state. What are the prospect for that now?

#
Really depends on state law and the uni itself. Besides you really have to qualify for it. Qualifications begin with your immigration status. I once tried this for my sister few yrs ago when she wanted to study her masters as international student. They told me frankly that she isn't qualify for any types of Financial assistance after i made inquiries. Plus a graduate study with a full funding with GA or RA is not guarantee full financial support. As you rightly said, scholarship the easiest way and fully funded. This is the state of Geogia. Check it out http://www.gradadmiss.gatech.edu/paying-for-grad-school

My cousin came here 2yrs ago for his masters. He paid his tuition in full from nija before he came at all. He graduated May 2016 and he is already practicing law with a law firm. Ofc, this wasn't possible if not that he was smart enough to marry American citizen 4 months ago. Otherwise, he would be back home by now bcus his student status lapsed in June this yr. Although that was not his original plan. He wanted to go back home but i convinced him to stay instead since he will be making close to 6 figures to start. Once he gets on his feet now he will be riding Cadillac cheesy
Re: ...... by LadunaI(m): 8:45am On Sep 08, 2017
Empiree:
Really depends on state law and the uni itself. Besides you really have to qualify for it. Qualifications begin with your immigration status. I once tried this for my sister few yrs ago when she wanted to study her masters as international student. They told me frankly that she isn't qualify for any types of Financial assistance after i made inquiries. Plus a graduate study with a full funding with GA or RA is not guarantee full financial support. As you rightly said, scholarship the easiest way and fully funded. This is the state of Geogia. Check it out http://www.gradadmiss.gatech.edu/paying-for-grad-school

Coincidentally that was school (GaTech) am looking at presently, because they offered a well tailored program for my intending MSc. The problem is that there is shortage of fund for their master compare to PhD, which almost guaranteed funding, if one make the admission list.

As much as I love research, rigorous life of PhD is not for me now, I guess, with kids to take care of Lol grin.
But at least a thesis based research Msc would be a good fit. Just contacted POI of that department; one professor like that showing interest in his research topics, hoping things will work out from there. I want to do that before committing myself to GRE AND TOELF stuff.

Empiree:

My cousin came here 2yrs ago for his masters. He paid his tuition in full from nija before he came at all. He graduated May 2016 and he is already practicing law with a law firm. Ofc, this wasn't possible if not that he was smart enough to marry American citizen 4 months ago. Otherwise, he would be back home by now bcus his student status lapsed in June this yr. Although that was not his original plan. He wanted to go back home but i convinced him to stay instead since he will be making close to 6 figures to start. Once he gets on his feet now he will be riding Cadillac cheesy

LOL @ ....riding Cadillac. Honestly, your cousin must have cough out a lot of cash for that law program in US. But the good part is availability of jobs, and by extension ROI for his Msc. Thats advantage of STEM program is that, their OPT is close to three yrs.

Mostly, even if that is NOT the intention of your cousin having AOS from F1 to perhaps cr1, that's what must single international students intend doing lol. Marrying USC is sure guaranteed way of their stay in US even when opt-h1b-eb3/2 still available. The bottom line is may Allah give us what would be beneficial for us here and hereafter.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ...... by Hkana: 11:51am On Sep 08, 2017
Tlake:

am fine broda, just normal life drama ,may Allah assist us...sent u a mail

Reminder for our brodas ASHURA is next week monday lets try d verse of concern 1000 recitation of laqod jakum from Mr kuti post may Allah and his prophet come to our aid...

Ashura is next month bro.... The tenth day of Muharram.

Where sensei enter sef. The guy lowkey these days pass my Own. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: ...... by Tlake(m): 1:57pm On Sep 08, 2017
Hkana:

Yh tanks didnt notice, Guess i was eager to do the prayer..
Re: ...... by Empiree: 3:05pm On Sep 08, 2017
Be ready for another round of debates and arguments btw sunnis vs shia vs salafi on Ashura.

I'm looking for thread last yr where I made last comment on it, that by next yr (2017), cycle of endless arguments would ensued grin cheesy

It never gets old grin

Hkana:

Tlake:

he's in khalwa cheesy
Re: ...... by Hkana: 3:14pm On Sep 08, 2017
Tlake:

We'll be fine bro wink

@argument... I remember how one year's arguments messed up my mind for me. Chat! Lol
Re: ...... by LadunaI(m): 3:30pm On Sep 08, 2017
@Ikupakuti sheikhuna is in hibermood for the past 2weeks now, seems he is off the cyberspace. I presume, may be he is in passively-read mode only (anonymous) lol.

Meanwhile,Insha Allah he will surely re-invigorate us with more spiritual diet for new golden year 1439 AH soon.

Also that's reminds us of @emekaRaj. I think is time for him to take a break in his khalwa and mingle one's more.

One Luv keep us together. Cheers!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ...... by Empiree: 3:45pm On Sep 08, 2017
@ladunal,

Kids part is really hard one. I can relate. But NY has more opportunities and more options than many other states. That's why many, especially neophyte opt for new York. But you pay the price of living expenses. That's one big problem without subsidy.

Unfortunately though, when it comes to international students their options are limited. My cousin was practicing law in Lagos before he traveled. Yes, if I remember correctly, said it was $60k tuition shocked

That's hell of nairas to cough out. It pays now. But it would have been worst if he wasnt smart enough to marry usc. Otherwise he would be back home 2 months ago. And law firm here won't hire to help you get legal papers.

What's painful is, his colleague who came a yr before him and started practicing law while managing with a law firm, with 180k to start. Law firm gave him very short time to get his work permit. Many said to him the easiest way was to get married but he said "Jesus forbids, I can't fake marriage". He was sent back to Lagos now since jesus forbade him to marry cheesy

It is not even about fake marriage. I don't like that too. It is about finding your love life with USC and get serious with it not just for paper. He's regretting now in the sense that it is painful bcus they made him tasted the sweet and sent him packing. But my cousin married genuinely with a Muslima. He decided to attend "as-salatu" program in TX and met the lady. He wasted no time and pushed marriage to her head straight up. Luckily enough, she's Nigerian American by virtues of her parents. But she's 100% American never been to nija.

1 Like

Re: ...... by LadunaI(m): 5:57pm On Sep 08, 2017
Empiree:

Kids part is really hard one. I can relate. But NY has more opportunities and more options than many other states. That's why many, especially neophyte opt for new York. But you pay the price of living expenses. That's one big problem without subsidy.

That is it. If I were to be a lone striker it would have been easier to plunge headlong Lol. But still looking at some options though. Yea NY is the the best but without $$$ is no go area especially for people like us grin. All the same with funding opportunities, that should be the first place to consider, no doubt!

Empiree:

What's painful is, his colleague who came a yr before him and started practicing law while managing with a law firm, withe 180k to start. Law firm gave him very short time to get his work permit. Many said to him the easiest way was to get married but he said "Jesus forbids, I can't fake marriage". He was sent back to Lagos now since jesus forbade him to marry
Why? are they not suppose to be the one that will file for his h1b or perhaps eb2 for him, why putting the onus on him to sort it out by himself?

LOL ... @ fake marriages, how can that be? it is always ends in disaster!. Perhaps the dude had a very beautiful "wifey" in naija that makes usc girls unattractive to him lol grin. It was unfortunately though, to have wasted that chance of re-accruing back his investment.

Empiree:

It is not even about fake marriage. I don't like that too. It is about finding your love life with USC and get serious with it not just for paper. He's regretting now in the sense that it is painful bcus they made him tasted the sweet and sent him packing. But my cousin married genuinely with a Muslima. He decided to attend "as-salatu" program in TX and met the lady. He wasted no time and pushed marriage to her head straight up. Luckily enough, she's Nigerian American by virtues of her parents. But she's 100% American never been to nija.

Thats nice for your cousin. And being a single himself I surmise?, that without doubt aided him to make such switch swiftly and seamlessly. Learnt many Nigerians are in Texas and more Muslims resides their compare to many other US states save CA, if am not mistaking.

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (164) (Reply)

Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station / Cute and Romantic Photos Of Muslim Couples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 156
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.