Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:03 AM

Do You Want A Career Change Into Software Development? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Do You Want A Career Change Into Software Development? (900 Views)

A Place Where You Are Empowered To Turn Your Ideas Into Software Products / Career Change Into Nursing / I Need Advice On Career Change From Medicine To Management Consulting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Want A Career Change Into Software Development? by moatacad: 7:56pm On Feb 16, 2017
Our 13-Weekend bootcamp on Web Application Development is a perfect fit for you. Our curriculum, which was specially developed by our experienced software engineers trained in the United Kingdom and Silicon Valley, USA will take you to an advanced level.

The Modules that will be covered are:
• HTML and CSS
• Javascript and Jquery
• MySql Database
• PHP programming ( Basics to Advanced)
• Software Engineering
• Version Control and software Development Tools ( Git, Slack etc)
• Career Service (CV writing, Coaching for Interview etc).

Commencement Date: March 11, 2017
Time: Saturdays 9:00am to 5:00pm
Sundays 2:00pm to 5:00pm

Plus an online access to the trainers and other participants on a forum during the week to get help and clarifications for the weekly projects

Apply at www.moatacademy.com . Call 07012621235 or 07056634589

Application closes when all available slots are filled up or by March 07,2017.
Re: Do You Want A Career Change Into Software Development? by moatacad: 3:41pm On Feb 25, 2017
Training starts in two weeks time, apply at www.moatacademy.com before the closing date, March 07, 2017 or call 07012621235 or 07056634589.
Re: Do You Want A Career Change Into Software Development? by moatacad: 4:41pm On Mar 05, 2017
Application closes in 3 days' time,visit www.moatacademy.com to apply.
Re: Do You Want A Career Change Into Software Development? by moatacad: 7:29am On Oct 13, 2018
Kindly let’s take you on the journey to becoming a remarkable software developer through our 16-weekend coding boot camp starting November 10, 2018.

The Modules that will be covered are:
• HTML, CSS and building Responsive Web Designs
• Javascript and Jquery
• Database Modeling and MySql Database handling
• PHP programming (Basics to Advanced)
• Software Engineering
• Version Control and other software Development Tools ( Git, Slack etc)
• Career Services (CV writing, Coaching for Interview etc).

All participants will be required to build a full-fledged web application of their choice during the programme to demonstrate their learning as they will be adequately trained

Please apply at www.moatacademy.com. Application closes when all available slots are filled up or by November 05,2018 .
Re: Do You Want A Career Change Into Software Development? by moatacad: 8:26pm On Oct 24, 2018
“Do what you love and you’ll never have a problem with Monday”

Do you have passion for technology?
Do you love providing solutions to problems?

At Moat Academy, we know how to get you into the software development industry and even have an accelerated career.

Your trainers will be:

Abiola
Abiola holds an M.Sc in Information Security and Privacy from Cardiff University, United Kingdom and B.Sc in Computer Science with Economics from Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife .She is a Certified Information System Auditor (CISA), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) and certified in IT Service Management (ITIL)

Abiola enjoys programming in PHP and Python and her professional experience spans over a decade in which she developed various applications among which is a patented Customer Management and Self-Service portal.

She was mentored and trained by the global leader in Cyber Security -Symantec Corporation at their headquarters in California, USA. She worked closely with the development team at Symantec, where she was further exposed to various best practices and newer technologies in software development. She is passionate about impacting knowledge into others.

Yemi
Yemi is a veteran software developer. He holds an MSc degree in Computer Science, with Distinction, from the University of Greenwich, London, United Kingdom after obtaining a Postgraduate Certificate in Computing from London Metropolitan University, London. He had a Higher National Diploma in Computer Science from Kwara State Polytechnic in 2005.

In 2007, Yemi joined Johnrics Infotech Limited an ICT company in Lagos as a supporting PHP programmer. At Johnrics he developed a school management system for secondary school using PHP/MySQL Technology. Thereafter, he joined Upperlink Limited where he rose to the position of General Manager-Production. Yemi has engaged in various ICT trainings and pedagogical development for schools and colleges. His passion for teaching is in-born.

Time: Saturdays 9:00am to 5:00pm and Sundays 2:00pm to 5:00pm

Please apply at www.moatacademy.com
Re: Do You Want A Career Change Into Software Development? by moatacad: 11:26pm On Oct 30, 2018
Application closes by November 05, 2018. Some of our Alumni's stories:

Mariam, Software Developer, Software Business Solution (July 2017 set):
“I work with SBSC(Software Business Solution Consulting) as a software developer..
The training at moat academy has given me full confidence of a skilled software engineer. After 2 years of no job after my NYSC, I took a bold step of going for training in software development with no prior knowledge in the field. I remembered when I decided to go for it; I was still scared because I knew how difficult it was for me to pass the only borrowed course from computer science department back then in university and Mrs Abiola assured me not to worry, that I would be surprised how smooth it would go. Today I’m proud to say that I’m working in a third company as a software developer earning a 6 figures salary in a reputable organisation in just a year after my training at Moat Academy. I thank God and I thank moat academy “

Daniel, Software Engineer II Telnet Nigeria Limited (April 2017 set):
“Within the past 1 year I have worked in two start-ups (Insidify Limited and StartUp Studio) and currently resumed at Telnet Nigeria Limited as a Software Engineer II.
The time spent at Moat Academy in April 2017 formed the foundation in my programming journey and helped to better understand new languages. It was a stepping stone to get rooted and adequately prepare to take up the new challenges I face daily in my current role.”

Mustapha, Software Developer (Digital Lab) Fidelity Bank — April 2018 set:
“I was impressed with the learning culture which made me grounded in the fundamentals of programming as well as standards and policies to thrive and succeed in Information Technology Industry. Moat academy holds a special place in my heart.”

Fisayo, NOC Engineer Interswitch Nigeria (April 2017 set):
“Moat academy is an excellent choice for anyone who desires to follow a career in the Software space.
They have well-seasoned trainers with vast knowledge of how the industry works. Their teaching method is quite engaging and this made me to push myself to be better and achieve more than I ever thought I could.
Opting for moat academy still ranks very high amongst the decisions I have made. The Impact the academy has had on my career has been massive. The work ethic, the family feel, the free consultancy”

Olusiji, Dipole Diamond. Software Engineer. (July 2017 set):
“Learning the fundamentals of Software development in the immersive Moat academy boot-camp set me up immediately for an amazing career in technology.
My career and life in general have been on an upward trajectory since then and I face a future filled endless possibilities. Thanks to Moat for providing me with that solid foundation to build on”

Orolu, Head of IT RoyalCoast Technologies (April 2017)
“My time at Moat helped me with the understanding of Content Management Systems, Database analysis and the use of MVC frameworks.
These skills have come in very useful in my day to day activities at my place of work”

Akugbe, Software Developer, Olivet Cloud Solutions Nigeria Limited (April 2018):
“Before coming to Moat Academy, I had not written any code in php and my knowledge of web technologies would rank 2 or 3 on a scale of 10. After 10 weeks of intensive training I built a full fledge project team collaborative application which I called Cohort. This was only possible because of the quality of training I received from Moat Academy and the support gained from the community (Moat Academy).

The training I received from Moat Academy helped me learn industry standard, industry best practices and cutting edge technologies such as version control, code igniter php framework for building web applications. I went on to learn php Laravel web framework which most company sorted.

Currently, I work at Olivet Cloud Solutions Nigeria Limited as a Software Developer in the Production department. As a software developer at Olivet Cloud Solutions, I have been involved in projects and my goal of becoming a world class developer is being realized because of the quality of training I received at Moat Academy”

Afeh, Junior Developer, Business Solutions DipoleDiamond Ltd (April 2018):
“The greatest from my point of view is the essential foundation I got from my training at MA. I get to see new things been done at my organization (which I am thankful for) regularly so I know my learning cannot stop. Without the MA foundation, I would not have the confidence to believe, and the courage to dream that I cannot become better at programming, and applying it as a tool to proffer tangible solutions.”

Bunmi,Founder, Avaley Consultings, Trainer with Google on Digital Skills For Africa programme (September 2017):
“I run an ecommerce store at the moment and then I’m also a trainer with Google for the Digital Skills for Africa program.
Basically, learning at Moat Academy gave me an edge and boosted my confidence in the digital marketing space, even though I didn’t pursue programming full time.

The knowledge I acquired has also enabled me become independent as I run a digital consulting company too and we really cannot talk with our clients without advising them on the kind of websites to build, how it should be responsive and search engine optimized and so on.
So, really the knowledge gained from Moat Academy has indeed given a headshot in my field.”

If you are thinking of an accelerated career in the software development industry, think Moat Academy!

Join our next Weekend Cohort starting November 10, 2018 www.moatacademy.com

(1) (Reply)

Guys I Need To Know If This Is For Real Or Its Fraud / Nigeria Customs Launches New Uniform… See Photos / Be A Part Of: Africa's Best And Most Entertaining Magazine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.