Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:35 AM

FG To Include Religion, Ethnicity In 2018 Census - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Include Religion, Ethnicity In 2018 Census (12755 Views)

"Include My Ferrari In My Car Collection" - Dino Melaye's Fake Twitter Account / Buhari To Include Babachir, Ayo, Others On Looters Lists – Buhari Associate, Ali / Nigeria’s Problems Not Linked To Religion, Ethnicity – Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Include Religion, Ethnicity In 2018 Census by NoBetterNigeria: 12:53pm On Feb 17, 2017
sarrki:

That's true

It will settle a lot of internal wrangling among Nigerians

When we still clamoring they should remove state of origin they now add Religion and Ethnicity hmmm

That's a time bomb.

After the census all you'll start hearing is Muslim are more than Christian, Ipob plenty pass Afonja or Arewa

Clueless country
Re: FG To Include Religion, Ethnicity In 2018 Census by 1stdammy: 12:59pm On Feb 17, 2017
kropotkin2:
Including religion and ethnicity in the count that ordinarily should be there, is a very dangerous idea in the reality of today's Nigerian context. It would would most certainly lead to the gross falsification of numbers to the disadvantage of minority groups
I taya oo....
Re: FG To Include Religion, Ethnicity In 2018 Census by 1stdammy: 1:03pm On Feb 17, 2017
To what end is the inclusion?? What do they want to bring out of this?? And for what purpose Is that what Nigeria need @ moment
Re: FG To Include Religion, Ethnicity In 2018 Census by ollah2: 1:04pm On Feb 17, 2017
vingeophysicist:
really I don't blame u, I only blame lugard. If not ur life will be like that of Niger and Senegalese citizen where poverty has stricken them. You said natural resources bah but have considered the devastating effect drilling causes to our land. We can't farm but yet government only extract it to feed the north and allow us the Niger delta to wallow in poverty. Develop our place like Abuja, the government refuse, Don't worry we will frustrate buhari out of office if at all he has not died from our disturbance .The pipe will explode daily, south east youth will demonstrate as often as possible till that frustrated mallam called buhari bows out. We must be in control of our land and destiny.

You are so damn stu.pid. why don't you hold your elders and state politicians responsible for the woes in your land? Why don't you hold the people responsible for the embezzlement of allocations for ND? What did you Jonathan do? The North isn't your problem. The earlier you know that, the better.

1 Like

Re: FG To Include Religion, Ethnicity In 2018 Census by LoveMachine(m): 1:45pm On Feb 17, 2017
nwabobo:

Anybody who believes Buhari will conduct a credible census needs to have his head checked.

Why so pessimistic? Have we had a regime that we could consider more credible? All previous governments have had there short comings. I'll wait and see.
Re: FG To Include Religion, Ethnicity In 2018 Census by asha80(m): 1:55pm On Feb 17, 2017
Nowenuse:

Nationalism indeed can be forced. Go and learn how it was done in Tanzania.
Tanzania has succeeded in Swahili-nizing all it's people and most of them have abandoned their tribal and native languages and become native swahili speakers.
Tribal languages are banned in Tanzania. They cannot be used or broadcasted publicly and thr Tanzanian govt made sure to deploy people to work away from their own hometowns in order to force them to live with each other, speaking only Swahili which is the official language.
gooodluck forcing nationalism in nigeria..let me see the hausa person that is willing to give up his language for english for nigeria to be unified

1 Like

Re: FG To Include Religion, Ethnicity In 2018 Census by asha80(m): 1:58pm On Feb 17, 2017
Ngokafor:

...And you think this will work in Nigeria??...You think Nationalism can be forced in Nigeria??..Anyway i can see how the NYSC has fostered 'love and unity' amongst Nigerians undecided,so i which you guys luck in your endeavours to force 'nationalism' in Nigerians undecided
you dey mind the guy
Re: FG To Include Religion, Ethnicity In 2018 Census by nwabobo: 2:27pm On Feb 17, 2017
LoveMachine:

Why so pessimistic? Have we had a regime that we could consider more credible? All previous governments have had there short comings. I'll wait and see.

This was always going to be the worst regime in the history of Nigeria. I pray they prove me wrong sha.
Re: FG To Include Religion, Ethnicity In 2018 Census by zoomzoom(m): 2:56pm On Feb 17, 2017
[quote author=basilo102 post=53784743]Festus Odimegwu was sacked because of this, this new guy should be careful, I prefer state of origin than ethnicity and religion. Since state of origin is constitutional in nigeria it should be captured on the census and Federal allocation should be based on it.

My point exactly!!.but hey,it's the right call.it will settle a lot of agelong myths or affirm them.
Re: FG To Include Religion, Ethnicity In 2018 Census by str8talk1: 4:21pm On Feb 17, 2017
Any person born of a woman/man/animal that protests against this decision shld be sent to the wild to live with beast.
Re: FG To Include Religion, Ethnicity In 2018 Census by monex(m): 5:05pm On Feb 17, 2017
asha80:
nationalism isn't forced but nutured...your last sentence is wishful thinking as it will not happen in the next 100 yrs
unfortunately true cry
Re: FG To Include Religion, Ethnicity In 2018 Census by Nowenuse: 5:19pm On Feb 17, 2017
Ngokafor:

...And you think this will work in Nigeria??...You think Nationalism can be forced in Nigeria??..Anyway i can see how the NYSC has fostered 'love and unity' amongst Nigerians undecided,so i which you guys luck in your endeavours to force 'nationalism' on Nigerians undecided

I know it will never work in Nigeria especially because of Hausas, Yorubas and muslims. I just wanted to correct the false notion that 'nationality cannot be forced'. It actually can.
Re: FG To Include Religion, Ethnicity In 2018 Census by Nowenuse: 5:20pm On Feb 17, 2017
asha80:
gooodluck forcing nationalism in nigeria..let me see the hausa person that is willing to give up his language for english for nigeria to be unified

I know it will never work in Nigeria especially because of Hausas, Yorubas and muslims. I just wanted to correct the false notion that 'nationality cannot be forced'. It actually can.
Re: FG To Include Religion, Ethnicity In 2018 Census by Unbrandedguy: 11:23pm On Feb 17, 2017
LoveMachine:
The results are gonna be so interesting. This will end so many debates. Can't wait.

Hehehe, ur'e waiting? How true will the results be
Re: FG To Include Religion, Ethnicity In 2018 Census by LoveMachine(m): 12:26am On Feb 18, 2017
Unbrandedguy:

Hehehe, ur'e waiting? How true will the results be

That's why this will be interesting.
Re: FG To Include Religion, Ethnicity In 2018 Census by Nobody: 3:33am On Feb 18, 2017
Nigeria can never have a reliable census under this regime. The Hausa Fulani will not let it happen. What I think they are plotting with this census thing is to have a legitimate basis to justify the status quo. Perhaps the outcome will present them as even benevolent and not getting enough from the system given landmass and population of the north. The census will therefore provide a wide margin for more legitimate marginalization. They will have an Igbo or minority in charge to make the process look transparent then they will rig the process under his nose. If they can rig out an executive president then who can withstand them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Seeks Buni's Removal As Yobe Governor / Sit-At-Home: Asari Dokubo Blasts Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB Again / Release Kanu, Start Process Of Restructuring - Southern, Middle Belt Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.