Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:44 AM

Liquidated Nigeria Airways Workers Get Pay Off In March - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Liquidated Nigeria Airways Workers Get Pay Off In March (9206 Views)

Coronavirus: British Airways To Sack 12,000 Employees / Ex-Nigeria Airways Workers Get Payment Alerts, Laud Buhari / Documents Nigeria Airways Retirees Must Take Along For Verification (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Liquidated Nigeria Airways Workers Get Pay Off In March by ilobex(m): 7:03am On Feb 17, 2017
From all indications, the federal government is set to pay workers of the liquidated Nigeria Airways staff their full benefits about 13 years after liquidation.
Daily Times investigations revealed that the government has done all necessary verifications to ensure payment of the workers whose over 30 percent had died as a result of various ailments since liquidation following their inability to access funds for medical bills and good up keep.
The minister of state, aviation, Hadi Sirika had in a function in Lagos told journalists that his headache was sourcing for funds to settle the former workers of the liquidated Nigeria Airways staff.
A total of N74 billion is required to offset the former workers bills and the leadership of the ex-workers are agitating for the payment of both the living and their dead colleagues.
It was however gathered that the government has agreed to their demands and has made all necessary documentation to effect payment before March 2017.
The workers were last paid on five years’ calculation between 2007 and 2008 but they are agitating for 25 years pay.
Since the liquidation, the ex-workers of the airline have been living in the trenches fighting for payment of their entitlements.
The airline has lost about 700 workers as a result of ailments while those alive continued with the struggle to get paid.
According to the Secretary General of Association of Nigerian Aviation Professional ANAP, Comrade Abdulrasaq Saidu, the payment of former Nigeria Airways workers has been long overdue. It has gotten to the level when the money will not be relevant when they are paid.
Saidu lamented that the proceeds from the sale of Nigeria Airways till today has not been declared to the public on how much it was sold with all its properties all over the world.

https://dailytimes.ng/news/liquidated-nigeria-airways-workers-may-get-pay-off-march/amp/

2 Likes

Re: Liquidated Nigeria Airways Workers Get Pay Off In March by sarrki(m): 7:05am On Feb 17, 2017
Long long overdue

I am happy finally the will get paid

3 Likes

Re: Liquidated Nigeria Airways Workers Get Pay Off In March by saintkash(m): 7:26am On Feb 17, 2017
Lalastica pls front page this news... the ex airways workers have really suffered. The last time they got paid was during late umaru yaradua tenure. Come to think of it that during the time of the ineffectual Gej of 6yrs and with all the oil boom not a dime was paid to these workers. I pray they get paid as said in this report

13 Likes

Re: Liquidated Nigeria Airways Workers Get Pay Off In March by Boleyndynasty2(f): 7:27am On Feb 17, 2017
13yrs and no interest for all the inconveniences?! shocked

Just kidding, at least they've agreed to pay up

5 Likes

Re: Liquidated Nigeria Airways Workers Get Pay Off In March by veekid(m): 7:51am On Feb 18, 2017

Buhari sef

4 Likes

Re: Liquidated Nigeria Airways Workers Get Pay Off In March by valdes00(m): 7:51am On Feb 18, 2017
This life sef

So easy to loose focus
One minute you Are going to save money at all cost

The next minute you are buying Suya

saying 'I cannot kill myself'

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Liquidated Nigeria Airways Workers Get Pay Off In March by Nobody: 7:51am On Feb 18, 2017
Hmmmmm, Buhari why?

1 Like

Re: Liquidated Nigeria Airways Workers Get Pay Off In March by Shehucom(m): 7:51am On Feb 18, 2017
May God punish ARIK Air...

5 Likes

Re: Liquidated Nigeria Airways Workers Get Pay Off In March by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:52am On Feb 18, 2017
Some of them might hv die ooo, I pray you won't die for another person to Enjoy you benefit. Happy weekend NL

1 Like

Re: Liquidated Nigeria Airways Workers Get Pay Off In March by olaxx: 7:54am On Feb 18, 2017
We can only hope they eventually get paid.
I am sincerely tired of promise and fail by this government.

1 Like

Re: Liquidated Nigeria Airways Workers Get Pay Off In March by KingRex1(m): 7:55am On Feb 18, 2017
Over 30% died? God will punish FG o
Re: Liquidated Nigeria Airways Workers Get Pay Off In March by Cupidkc(m): 8:00am On Feb 18, 2017
Good news.
And a better news is that Nigerian Airways will be coming back to life sometime this year.
Re: Liquidated Nigeria Airways Workers Get Pay Off In March by Tokziby: 8:01am On Feb 18, 2017
I pray and hope the promise are met finally after so many years of neglect and suffering. cry
Re: Liquidated Nigeria Airways Workers Get Pay Off In March by concacid: 8:02am On Feb 18, 2017
Good news. Those people has suffered. There Is always light at the end of every tunnel.
Re: Liquidated Nigeria Airways Workers Get Pay Off In March by Tokziby: 8:04am On Feb 18, 2017
oluseyiforjesus:
So they will join d unemployed? Nigeria creating more problems for herself

Did u read the article or just the headline? Or probably u are too young to know Nigerian Airways was our former national carrier that had gone out of operation and liquidated some two decades ago.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Liquidated Nigeria Airways Workers Get Pay Off In March by inourcare: 8:05am On Feb 18, 2017
Good.
Re: Liquidated Nigeria Airways Workers Get Pay Off In March by Nobody: 8:06am On Feb 18, 2017
me too
Re: Liquidated Nigeria Airways Workers Get Pay Off In March by Tokziby: 8:09am On Feb 18, 2017
olaxx:
We can only hope they eventually get paid.
I am sincerely tired of promise and fail by this government.
Re: Liquidated Nigeria Airways Workers Get Pay Off In March by alizma: 8:13am On Feb 18, 2017
NO WONDER BUHARI IS DOING BETTER THAN JONATHAN. THE ALMOST ILLITERATE NIGERIANS HOLD DEARLY, THE USE OF THEIR THINKING FACULTY BUT THE SUPPOSED EDUCATED ONES FEEL THEY NO IT ALL.
MOST OF THE COMMENTS ABOVE SHOWS THAT THE "POSERS" DIDN'T READ NOR UNDERSTAND THE NEWS BEFORE COMMENTING YET THEY WANT THE POWER GIVEN TO THE YOUTHS.
coolNO WONDER BUHARI IS DOING BETTER THAN JONATHAN. THE ALMOST ILLITERATE NIGERIANS HOLD DEARLY, THE USE OF THEIR THINKING FACULTY BUT THE SUPPOSED EDUCATED ONES FEEL THEY NO IT ALL.
MOST OF THE COMMENTS ABOVE SHOWS THAT THE "POSERS" DIDN'T READ NOR UNDERSTAND THE NEWS BEFORE COMMENTING YET THEY WANT THE POWER GIVEN TO THE YOUTHS.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Liquidated Nigeria Airways Workers Get Pay Off In March by cletz991(m): 8:13am On Feb 18, 2017
valdes00:
This life sef
So easy to loose focus One minute you Are going to save money at all cost
The next minute you are buying Suya
saying 'I cannot kill myself'
so on point. Life aint easy
Re: Liquidated Nigeria Airways Workers Get Pay Off In March by emperorAY(m): 8:18am On Feb 18, 2017
I think action is better, nt just saying it at one function to score cheap political point
Pay them first then we can talk
Re: Liquidated Nigeria Airways Workers Get Pay Off In March by Nobody: 8:18am On Feb 18, 2017
just hope they gaid paid.cos I hv been waiting for so long..I need my own share quickly so I can leave this useless country without hesitation and never to return to this useless nation

2 Likes

Re: Liquidated Nigeria Airways Workers Get Pay Off In March by theway83: 8:19am On Feb 18, 2017
victory at last

1 Like

Re: Liquidated Nigeria Airways Workers Get Pay Off In March by Nobody: 8:31am On Feb 18, 2017
Jonathan Failed Nigeria on all fronts. Pls Buhari and his cabinet should pay this people. Many of them died in the struggle. cry

1 Like

Re: Liquidated Nigeria Airways Workers Get Pay Off In March by morscino: 8:34am On Feb 18, 2017
If this happens,I won't only vote buhari in 2019,I would also campaign massively for him....

2 Likes

Re: Liquidated Nigeria Airways Workers Get Pay Off In March by torqque77: 8:48am On Feb 18, 2017
Nigerian Airways and Nitel staff should be paid their full entitlements..they have really suffered, I wonder when they will pay the Nitel staff if they are actually going to pay Nigerian Airways.

2 Likes

Re: Liquidated Nigeria Airways Workers Get Pay Off In March by Lasskeey: 9:08am On Feb 18, 2017
grin grin grin .......WAILERS NO LIKE THIS NEWS grin grin grin

DEM DON COMOT LEAVE THIS THREAD grin grin grin

......NO COMMENTS grin grin grin

Re: Liquidated Nigeria Airways Workers Get Pay Off In March by abacus(m): 9:20am On Feb 18, 2017
First time I have the conviction and believe FG will pay. I have been having serious doubt about this pay off. My mom worked for Nigeria Airways and they been on this pay off matter, yes since Yar'dua days. She missed the first pay, the information got to her late. Since then, mom and her people been holding meeting, send people to Abuja to perfect things for them, even sometimes they are levied to make thing done faster.

She will be so happy to hear this. I pray March 2017 comes now.

Also using this to commend the FG for not forgetting them. It's long overdue.

1 Like

Re: Liquidated Nigeria Airways Workers Get Pay Off In March by fuckingAyaya(m): 9:29am On Feb 18, 2017
wen will nitel? be paid too

1 Like

Re: Liquidated Nigeria Airways Workers Get Pay Off In March by fatjo(m): 9:59am On Feb 18, 2017
Hmm, if this is meant to be a joke,kindly leroux know when to start laughing yh?
megrimor:
Hmmmmm, Buhari why?
Re: Liquidated Nigeria Airways Workers Get Pay Off In March by Nobody: 10:41am On Feb 18, 2017
[quote author=abacus post=53819505]First time I have the conviction and believe FG will pay. I have been having serious doubt about this pay off. My mom worked for Nigeria Airways and they been on this pay off matter, yes since Yar'dua days. She missed the first pay, the information got to her late. Since then, mom and her people been holding meeting, send people to Abuja to perfect things for them, even sometimes they are levied to make thing done faster.

She will be so happy to hear this. I pray March 2017 comes now.

same here bro
Re: Liquidated Nigeria Airways Workers Get Pay Off In March by emmanuelpopson(m): 11:15am On Feb 18, 2017
we pray this comes to fruition as been said.. this is long overdue to the living and dead ex workers..if this govt pay this people.. we will know they have them at heart..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bank Of Industry (boi) Salary + Allowances: Who Knows? / 6 Simple Tips For Beating Deadlines / Should Parents Dictate Their Children's Career?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.