Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,850 members, 7,802,724 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:03 PM

This 7-year-old Is Not Giving Up After Google Ceo's Sweet Rejection Letter - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / This 7-year-old Is Not Giving Up After Google Ceo's Sweet Rejection Letter (2149 Views)

How To Turn A Rejection Into A Job Opportunity / Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business / A 7-Year-Old Girl Asked Google For A Job And Got A Reply From The CEO (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This 7-year-old Is Not Giving Up After Google Ceo's Sweet Rejection Letter by tutorago: 7:36am On Feb 17, 2017
Sasha Lekach wrote:

After an apparently very influential career talk with her father, 7-year-old Chloe Bridgewater decided to go where many hopeful job seekers have gone before: the Google careers page.

After submitting her version of an application to work at Google (addressed to "google boss"wink, she waited for a response. But instead of the dreaded non-response or generic form letter, she received a letter from the company's CEO, Sundar Pichai, just a few days later.

Google confirmed the letters between the tech CEO and young girl from Hereford, England, are real.

In the letter, which wasn't exactly a rejection but more of a supportive message, Pichai wrote, "I look forward to receiving your job application when you are finished with school! smiley" He added encouragement for the girl to keep learning about computers, robots and technology, saying, "you can accomplish everything you set your mind to."

This all started when a few weeks ago, her father, Andy Bridgewater, said in an email Wednesday. When the first-grade student asked her dad about his job as a refrigerator parts sales manager, he told her what he did. She then asked if there was anywhere else he'd want to work.

That's when Bridgewater told his daughter about Google. "I said Google would be cool and she asked why. So I showed her the pictures of their offices and the cool things they do." She was hooked after seeing the decked out Google campus in Silicon Valley, complete with bean bags, slides and go-karts.

When she said she wanted to work there too, he suggested she send an application, so she did (with some help from dad). In her "application," she was very up front about not really knowing how to apply for a job. "I don't really know what one of them is but [dad] said a letter will do for now," she wrote. She also offered up other possible careers if Google didn't pan out: chocolate factory worker and swimming in the Olympics.

Like any good cover letter, she propped herself up: "My teachers tell my mum and dad I am very good in class and am good at my spelling and reading and my sums." And she gave specifics to show her skills. "My dad gave me a game where I have to move a robot up and down squares, he said it will be good for me to learn about computers."

Bridgewater said he has no Google connections and his entire family — also consisting of his wife Julie and younger daughter Hollie — haven't even been to California. So he just sent the letter "and hoped for the best."

Her dad posted Pichai's response letter to his LinkedIn page earlier this week, where he explained how getting a response has given Chloe a confidence boost. "She is now even more eager to do well at school and work for Google."

That post has been liked more than 94,000 times.

For Chloe, who is still a kid and mentally healing from a scary car accident a few years ago when a taxi knocked her over, this is all a lot to handle, but still really exciting and encouraging, Bridgewater said. "Never imagined all this attention," he said.

As Chloe explained to Pichai, this was only her second letter she's written aside from one to Father Christmas — bet she didn't get this much of a reaction to that letter.

Source: http://mashable.com/2017/02/15/google-letter-7-year-old-job-application/#nlk9D.XVyOqB
If you have experience in teaching, sign up on https://tutorago.com in order to be considered for a tutoring job in the future.

1 Like

Re: This 7-year-old Is Not Giving Up After Google Ceo's Sweet Rejection Letter by SexyNairalander: 7:36am On Feb 17, 2017
booked

so adorable and determined
Re: This 7-year-old Is Not Giving Up After Google Ceo's Sweet Rejection Letter by tutorago: 7:38am On Feb 17, 2017
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: This 7-year-old Is Not Giving Up After Google Ceo's Sweet Rejection Letter by wunmi590(m): 7:53am On Feb 17, 2017
Wonderful piece from Chloe, and wonderful response from one of the giant organization CEO in the world.

It can only happen in a better country like that, compare to Nigeria, where our CEO's here would be forming, and ignoring your message, as if you want to strip them of their position.

Lesson learnt: Never look down on yourself, always have confidence in yourself, always dream big and lastly, pray for a better future.

Mbok where is lalasticlala self?
Re: This 7-year-old Is Not Giving Up After Google Ceo's Sweet Rejection Letter by nwaanambra1(m): 7:54am On Feb 17, 2017
NAIJA COMPANIES NEVER EVEN REPLY REAL APPLICANTS TALK MORE OF KIDS HAVING FUN

AT TIMES I WONDER WEDA NA THE SAME GOD CREATE US AND THEM! undecided

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: This 7-year-old Is Not Giving Up After Google Ceo's Sweet Rejection Letter by Phunkyposh(f): 7:56am On Feb 17, 2017
better pikin
Re: This 7-year-old Is Not Giving Up After Google Ceo's Sweet Rejection Letter by tutorago: 7:57am On Feb 17, 2017
nwaanambra1:
NAIJA COMPANIES NEVER EVEN REPLY REAL APPLICANTS TALK MORE OF KIDS HAVING FUN

AT TIMES I WONDER WEDA NA THE SAME GOD CREATE US AND THEM! undecided

Abi ooo.
Re: This 7-year-old Is Not Giving Up After Google Ceo's Sweet Rejection Letter by tutorago: 7:58am On Feb 17, 2017
wunmi590:

Lesson learnt: Never look down on yourself, always have confidence on yourself, always dream big and lastly, pray for a better future.

Good point....
Re: This 7-year-old Is Not Giving Up After Google Ceo's Sweet Rejection Letter by wunmi590(m): 8:00am On Feb 17, 2017
tutorago:

Good point....

Naso my brother
Re: This 7-year-old Is Not Giving Up After Google Ceo's Sweet Rejection Letter by kaboninc(m): 8:03am On Feb 17, 2017
Phunkyposh:
better pikin

Hmmm
Re: This 7-year-old Is Not Giving Up After Google Ceo's Sweet Rejection Letter by femolacqua(m): 8:04am On Feb 17, 2017
Sweat.
Re: This 7-year-old Is Not Giving Up After Google Ceo's Sweet Rejection Letter by tutorago: 8:07am On Feb 17, 2017
femolacqua:
Sweat.

Let hope for the best for our dear country Nigeria.
Re: This 7-year-old Is Not Giving Up After Google Ceo's Sweet Rejection Letter by femolacqua(m): 8:09am On Feb 17, 2017
tutorago:

Let hope for the best for our dear country Nigeria.
Yes oh, and amen.
Re: This 7-year-old Is Not Giving Up After Google Ceo's Sweet Rejection Letter by Phunkyposh(f): 8:10am On Feb 17, 2017
kaboninc:

Hmmm
what hmming you fah
Re: This 7-year-old Is Not Giving Up After Google Ceo's Sweet Rejection Letter by kaboninc(m): 9:55am On Feb 17, 2017
Phunkyposh:
what hmming you fah

You wantu kellect that baby from me ni

1 Like

Re: This 7-year-old Is Not Giving Up After Google Ceo's Sweet Rejection Letter by Nbote(m): 10:51am On Feb 17, 2017
Some ppl sef.. At OP what is d rejection in d letter dey gave her? D mere fact dat d kid's letter was replied and by d CEO himself is a plus for her.. Don't b surprised Google would kip tabs on her and she'll have a seat reserved for her wen she's old enof.
Re: This 7-year-old Is Not Giving Up After Google Ceo's Sweet Rejection Letter by Nobody: 1:25pm On Feb 17, 2017
But where is lalasticlala sef

1 Like

Re: This 7-year-old Is Not Giving Up After Google Ceo's Sweet Rejection Letter by Phunkyposh(f): 4:30pm On Feb 17, 2017
kaboninc:

You wantu kellect that baby from me ni

whish baby?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This 7-year-old Is Not Giving Up After Google Ceo's Sweet Rejection Letter by tutorago: 5:20pm On Feb 17, 2017
Nbote:
Some ppl sef.. At OP what is d rejection in d letter dey gave her? D mere fact dat d kid's letter was replied and by d CEO himself is a plus for her.. Don't b surprised Google would kip tabs on her and she'll have a seat reserved for her wen she's old enof.

You are right.
Re: This 7-year-old Is Not Giving Up After Google Ceo's Sweet Rejection Letter by Dapsonemmanuel(m): 5:45pm On Feb 17, 2017
incredible
Re: This 7-year-old Is Not Giving Up After Google Ceo's Sweet Rejection Letter by MarkGeraldo(m): 9:17pm On Feb 17, 2017
At my 7th year, I was discouraged from pressing phone by my parents talk more of computer

it's funny, u knowgrin
Re: This 7-year-old Is Not Giving Up After Google Ceo's Sweet Rejection Letter by tutorago: 8:39am On Feb 18, 2017
MarkGeraldo:
At my 7th year, I was discouraged from pressing phone by my parents talk more of computer

it's funny, u knowgrin

grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

NDDC Skills Acquisition Training Programme 2017 -apply Now !!! / NIFIME Micro Finance Institute Is Recruiting / Hobark Oil And Gas Latest Job Recruitment 2018 (5 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.