Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,904 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:09 PM

Intercontinental Bank Plc Sacks 1,500 Workers! - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Intercontinental Bank Plc Sacks 1,500 Workers! (8140 Views)

Zenith Bank Sacks 1,200 Employees - Premium Times / Access Bank Sacks 1,500 Intercontinental Employees, Shuts Branches / What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Intercontinental Bank Plc Sacks 1,500 Workers! by Meldrick(m): 3:59pm On Dec 08, 2009
pathetic!!!!!

The management of the bank are crazy. Were 1,500 workers sacked as a result of the fact that they couldn't meet up with the normal banking requirement or was it to allay the fears of shareholdes who already felt threatened about their investment.

There is nothing like job security anywhere.
Re: Intercontinental Bank Plc Sacks 1,500 Workers! by Akanbiedu(m): 4:20pm On Dec 08, 2009
bisiaet:

But pls every  able Nigerian why are some people just heartless? Why not some people consider the fate of their fellow human beign before making a decision? Why are we so wicked? So is this 1,500 people now that will pay the price for failling bank executive crime? It is unfortunate so where wil they go now and wha is left of them? God is alive Sanusi and all the new whatever nonsense they caled themselves will go one good day and someone will be there isn'it? We shall see,

Emotional outpours can not solve this kind of problem. Yes, it is bad that 1500 lost their jobs but it is worse if all employees of the bank lose their jobs, depositors and investors lose their money. Look at the bigger picture please.
Re: Intercontinental Bank Plc Sacks 1,500 Workers! by obyann(f): 4:46pm On Dec 08, 2009
May God help us.
Re: Intercontinental Bank Plc Sacks 1,500 Workers! by foyeks2001(f): 5:11pm On Dec 08, 2009
obyann:

May God help us.

AMEN
Re: Intercontinental Bank Plc Sacks 1,500 Workers! by lionphil(m): 5:22pm On Dec 08, 2009
has dis turned into a competition or what when will all this stop. the only sector that seemed too be thriving. may God help us all cry cry cry
Re: Intercontinental Bank Plc Sacks 1,500 Workers! by luvli(f): 5:32pm On Dec 08, 2009
if those sacked were really moles, then i hope some trustworthy ones will replace them
Re: Intercontinental Bank Plc Sacks 1,500 Workers! by ezer(m): 5:45pm On Dec 08, 2009
ugodivine4:

good job u are doing there sanusi. keep it up

you call that good job, are u ok? If u're doing something, do it to the end. Sanusi is just fighting his rivals forgetting its indirectly affecting the masses. He should have collaborated with the EFCC with the help of the Federal Government and make the culprits cough out the money, instead of putting innocent workers livelihood at risk.

They're trying to tell us that any asshole can dupe 9ja and go free, we all should pray for divine intervention because they're all fighting for their personal interest.
Re: Intercontinental Bank Plc Sacks 1,500 Workers! by chosen04(f): 5:49pm On Dec 08, 2009
Akanbi_edu:

Yes, it is bad that 1500 lost their jobs but it is worse if all employees of the bank lose their jobs, depositors and investors lose their money. Look at the bigger picture please.

Why all the emotional outpour? So nobody considers  the shareholders who have lost millions. Imagine shares bought at N13.50 selling for N2.08. Its not bad let everyone bear the pain. I even bought my stock because of some of their staff.
Re: Intercontinental Bank Plc Sacks 1,500 Workers! by ezer(m): 6:07pm On Dec 08, 2009
chosen04:

Why all the emotional outpour? So nobody considers  the shareholders who have lost millions. Imagine shares bought at N13.50 selling for N2.08. Its not bad let everyone bear the pain. I even bought my stock because of some of their staff.

Why should we always bear the pains committed by political thieves? Shareholders are not supposed to lose their millions, bought shares are not supposed to be sold for lower amounts, if and only if Sanusi is serious. The culprit can be made to cough the money.
Re: Intercontinental Bank Plc Sacks 1,500 Workers! by kcng: 6:19pm On Dec 08, 2009
HONESTLY! I FEEL REALLY SORRY FOR THOSE GUYS. BUT THE TRUHT OF THE MATTER IS THAT, THOSE ARE 1 OF THE RISK YOU GET INTO WHEN EXCHANGING YOUR TIME FOR MONEY.i.e:9-5 JOB.
THE PROBLEM IS THAT MANY OF US DONT KNOW THE REASON WE WENT TO SCHOOL OR AQUIRED A SKILL. WE JUST DO IT BECAUSE EVERYBODY IS DOING IT.IT IS IMPORTANT TO IDENTIFY YOUR SKILL,AREAS OF GIFTS AND SPECIALITY.SOMETIMES IT MIGHT HAVE NOTTING TO DO WITH YOUR CERTIFICATE,BECAUSE MANY OF US JUST GO TO SCHOOL GET ONE, REGARDLESS OF THE FIELD,SIMPLY BECAUSE OUR ENVIROMENT IS THE KIND THAT DOESN'T CARE ABOUT YOUR CAPABILITY, THEY JUST WANT TO SEE YOUR CERTIFICATE.HOW SAD!
THE BIBLE MAKES IT CLEAR THAT A MANS GIFT SHALL MAKE A WAY FOR HIM. NOT HIS CERTIFICATE.CERTIFICATE CAN FAIL!  IT IS ONLY YOUR GIFT THAT  CAN MAKE YOU RICH. 9-5 JOB CAN ONLY PAY BILLS.I THINK ITS TIME FOR THE YOUTHS OF THESE COUNTRY TO TAKE THE BULL BY THE HORN AND START BEING CREATIVE.START SOMETHING TODAY!
NOBODY CAN SACK THE OWNER ONLY THE OWNER CAN SACK HIMSELF.INVEST IN YOUR SKILL TODAY!LEARN SOMETHING NEW IMPROVE ON YOUR SKILL.

LET ME SHARE 1 SECRET WITH YOU.MY DAD WAS A TOP MAN IN GOVERNMENTN IN THE EARLY 80IES.CAN YOU BELIEVE HIS PLUMBER DIED RICHER THAN HIM. YOU SEE THERE IS NO WAY YOU CAN EARN SALARY AND BE RICH.YOU MUST MAKE MONEY WORK FOR YOU,NOT YOU FOR MONEY.THAT IS THE WILL OF GOD FOR YOUR LIFE.WHEN YOU EARN SALARY NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO YOU GET THE SAME PAY.BUT WHEN YOU OWN YOUR BUSINESS YOU CAN SET GOALS AND ACHIEVE THEM.NO LIMITATIONS.
MONEY IS NOT YOUR CAPITAL.YOUR SKILL IS YOUR CAPITAL.IF YOU'RE GOOD PEOPLE WILL ADVANCE YOU TO DO WORK FOR THEM AND YOU CAN USE THAT TO START SMALL.I'M TALKING FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE.THE ONLY THING YOU HAVE TO DO IS, MAKE YOUSELF THE BEST.I TELL YOU, YOUR TIME WILL COME.(SEE A MAN DELIGENT IN HIS WORK HE SHALL NOT STAND BEFORE MERE MEN BUT HE SHALL STAND BEFORE KINGS), SO SAYS THE BIBLE
Re: Intercontinental Bank Plc Sacks 1,500 Workers! by PurestBoy(m): 7:13pm On Dec 08, 2009
More kidnappers on the way,
Re: Intercontinental Bank Plc Sacks 1,500 Workers! by aus1234(m): 7:19pm On Dec 08, 2009
What is happening in this country, When other countries are recovering from the downturn. Nigerians are neck deep on it. From Telecommunications to Banks. MTN also sacked 66 staff last month.

What are the justification for these,
Re: Intercontinental Bank Plc Sacks 1,500 Workers! by HIROSHI: 7:55pm On Dec 08, 2009
@ Finecat

Please go beyond quoting Vanguard. Please state what edition and possibly show link.

This is because of your known antecedence as Bank hating.
Re: Intercontinental Bank Plc Sacks 1,500 Workers! by NVME1: 8:11pm On Dec 08, 2009
HIROSHI:

@ Finecat

Please go beyond quoting Vanguard. Please state what edition and possibly show link.

This is because of your known antecedence as Bank hating.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/12/08/intercontinental-bank-sacks-another-1500-workers

Enjoy
Re: Intercontinental Bank Plc Sacks 1,500 Workers! by mansmith(m): 8:19pm On Dec 08, 2009
when 2 elephants fight,who deh suffer?make una sorry please.i blame the thieves that used pen to steal other people's money and the auditors that have been telling us for the past years that these banks are health.to the workers the Aluta continuea
Re: Intercontinental Bank Plc Sacks 1,500 Workers! by Nobody: 8:48pm On Dec 08, 2009
as sad as this new development is,i urge everyone to be well informed before making comments.Mr lamido didnt cause this.we would have woken up one day to find out that our life savings has gone down the drain(or into the pockets of the big shots in the bank).the management staff of these banks deserve to be prosecuted for more than fraud.as sudden as this may appear to a lot of people,it was a volcano waiting to erupt.
Re: Intercontinental Bank Plc Sacks 1,500 Workers! by MAYOWAAK: 9:44pm On Dec 08, 2009
The sector that use to be the largest employer of labour until very recently now becoming the fastest disengaging sector of labour.
Re: Intercontinental Bank Plc Sacks 1,500 Workers! by MAYOWAAK: 9:49pm On Dec 08, 2009
I hope their marketers especially the ladies among them who indulge in illicit practices for the sake of deposit mobilsation escaped the axe.
Re: Intercontinental Bank Plc Sacks 1,500 Workers! by vicade(m): 10:01pm On Dec 08, 2009
Better to sack 1500 workers instead of allowing the bank to fail.

This is not a Nigerian Phenomenon. Even British banks sacked(Laid Off) some of their staff.

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/banking_and_finance/article6910885.ece

This is not happening in Nigeria alone even though the reasons are different
Re: Intercontinental Bank Plc Sacks 1,500 Workers! by baumolina(m): 10:12pm On Dec 08, 2009
This doleful and horrendous for this country.I think Sanusi has begun to see the results of his gibberish reforms
Re: Intercontinental Bank Plc Sacks 1,500 Workers! by reindeer: 10:52pm On Dec 08, 2009
Its so unfortunate!
Where will all those people and their dependents go now?
but i dont think sanusi should be blamed for this, he didnt steal money from those banks and put them in their precarious conditions did he?
if anything Erastus abi na eruditus should be arrested, caged and transported back to nigeria and made to cough out all the mismanaged funds, i dont see why innocent people should be made to pay for the sins of a greedy lot. angry

I just hope many of them didnt take a lot of loans and leases.
Re: Intercontinental Bank Plc Sacks 1,500 Workers! by mamagee3(f): 12:53am On Dec 09, 2009
I laugh in Abuja!!! grin
It looks like Nigerian banks
are going dry
. grin grin
Re: Intercontinental Bank Plc Sacks 1,500 Workers! by kenerep: 1:13am On Dec 09, 2009
Those blaming Sanusi are obviously delirious! If he did not fish out the banks do you know how many more will die and i ask the simple question which is better to loose ones job and to die? because that is what would happen to those that their life savings are squandered!
Re: Intercontinental Bank Plc Sacks 1,500 Workers! by Akanbiedu(m): 7:53am On Dec 09, 2009
ezer:

Why should we always bear the pains committed by political thieves? Shareholders are not supposed to lose their millions, bought shares are not supposed to be sold for lower amounts, if and only if Sanusi is serious. The culprit can be made to cough the money.

WRONG.

It is assumed that shareholders understood the risk they were taking. It's investment, you gain or lose period. The people that must be protected at all costs are the depositors. You certainly don't want people keeping their money under the bed because of lack of confidence in the banking system.
Re: Intercontinental Bank Plc Sacks 1,500 Workers! by obyann(f): 8:32am On Dec 09, 2009
PurestBoy:

More kidnappers on the way,

Sure!!!! sad sad
Re: Intercontinental Bank Plc Sacks 1,500 Workers! by odedele: 8:44am On Dec 09, 2009
intercontinental is sacking innocent workers and granting billions of waivers to the (thieves) debtors.NIGERIANS IS HIGH TIME WE RAISE AGAINST THIS INJUSTICE BEING PERPETUATED BY SANUSI.
Re: Intercontinental Bank Plc Sacks 1,500 Workers! by erico2k2(m): 8:49am On Dec 09, 2009
chill guys, tjis is normal in a society where the bosses are thieves,at least these guys you all are winging for have more than 10M each in thier secreteaccount to last them,the are the top brass dont forget that and where involved in the unearthical practices that granted out non performing loans etc.
Re: Intercontinental Bank Plc Sacks 1,500 Workers! by Kx: 9:00am On Dec 09, 2009
Instead of recovering thier assets from debtors,they grant them waivers (financial amnesty)
Now 1500 must go because dai families and wards are not part of it.

Add mtn 66 laid staff + Zenith bank 300 + 1stbank 400 + intercontinental 26 mgt staff
+ this latest 1500 to the teeming youth corp members passing out annually.

What do u get
-more armed robbers.
-more prostitutes
-more fake pastors,immams and native doctors
-more drug traffickers
-more scammers/419ners
-more politifcians
-more quack doctors
-a more destabilised society.

A nation reaps what it sows.
Re: Intercontinental Bank Plc Sacks 1,500 Workers! by asoderock(m): 9:30am On Dec 09, 2009
I think the Bank should have rather cut cost; reduce salary and so on, rather than sending innocent people packing with its attendant harsh consequence in already belligered nigerian economy.

The current approach does nothing to restore confidence, instead it send a panicky signal.
Re: Intercontinental Bank Plc Sacks 1,500 Workers! by adenykie: 3:35pm On Dec 09, 2009
very sad but those affected shld not lose hope, others shld think twice before accepting bank jobs because you will give the bank all your best and the bank in return will give you the worst gift you can ever imagine to get just like this one
Re: Intercontinental Bank Plc Sacks 1,500 Workers! by Danoe(m): 3:37pm On Dec 09, 2009
It's time the start their own business and not to go pulling down other people's business! The bank reserve the right to retrench or sack! any non-challant staff.
Re: Intercontinental Bank Plc Sacks 1,500 Workers! by Kx: 3:41pm On Dec 09, 2009
Surprisingly 2 days after this news hit the media,
the bank staff have not been officially communicated.

The mood among the staff is dat of siddon look.

I wonder why this news went to d air while severance cheques and letters
aint ready yet.
How we wish a change of mind abi mgt decision in dis regard could shelle.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car / Requesting For Redeployment From HR / Shorthand Still Relevant Or Not In Secretariat Career

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.