Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

Do Not Be Prejudiced About People - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do Not Be Prejudiced About People (400 Views)

What Is Your Opinion About People Celebrating Their Divorce ? / 10 Stories About People Whose Will To Live Was Stronger Than Circumstances / Things You Don't Know About People Born Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do Not Be Prejudiced About People by Nobody: 9:35am On Feb 17, 2017
Are you one of those who judge people before you have even met them? If yes, then this topic is for you!

No one can say that they have never judged someone beforehand; it is a common factor in everyday life.

The moment you hear a thing or two about someone, you reach a wrong conclusion about the person without seeing them!

It is all shades of wrong my dear; don’t judge a book by its cover, rather by its content.

I have been a victim of that several times and I know how it hurts for people to conclude on your case without even knowing who you are.

In life every one of us is unique and our approach to life differs from one person to the other. We can’t change anybody

I have in the past judged people wrongly by mere looking at them only to discover they are the sweetest people on earth!

One of the problems we face during most of our relationships is mostly prejudicial.

You probably heard from someone that he/she is this or that which is based solely on that person’s view then you jump in and judge!

Get close to people, interact with them, share ideas and values then you can say you really know them, not the other way round.

I have a very good friend, before we became friends; he hated me with so much passion. I didn’t know until we became friends.

Some guy I used to know but we were not so close, told him I wasn’t a nice person, I was always serious and don’t have time to relate with people.

So, he believed that and was waiting for an opportunity to strike. And the opportunity came!

I was walking along the corridor and mistakenly stepped on him and voila, he pushed me and started screaming at me.

I stood there motionless because, I didn’t want to further provoke him because I knew where he was coming from!

He was prejudiced about me already and I was going to prove him wrong, I thought. So I stretched out my hand and said ‘’I’m so sorry.’’

He looked at me and wanted to say something but the thing wasn’t coming out, he didn’t respond to my apology either.

So, again I said ‘’I’m so sorry having to step on you, I was in a hurry so I didn’t see you, please accept my sincere apology.’’

At that instance, I saw his face lit up with a mischievous smile and then he moved closer and gave me a hug.

We chatted and exchanged numbers and that was how we became friends till today.

He later told me how he had hated me and was looking for the slightest opportunity to embarrass me!

I told him I do understand him and then I tried to educate him on how not to be prejudiced about people.

You can miss someone who is destined for you if you do that; you can miss someone who is intended to be your helper if you do that!

Like I said earlier, I used to be prejudiced about people but stopped it after I lost a very good friend because of that.

Some people are even prejudiced about everything in life; they are prejudiced about a job even before they get the job!

How sad that may sound, but that’s the truth. I have seen people criticize jobs they are even yet to get and finally the job turns out to be great!

Read more @ http://www.chichiuncensored.com

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do Not Be Prejudiced About People by KanwuliaExtra: 3:14pm On Feb 17, 2017
Welcome to NL! grin
Where scammees become SCAMMERS.
Dem go judge taya ke!
Re: Do Not Be Prejudiced About People by lotannad: 7:46pm On Feb 17, 2017
KanwuliaExtra:
Welcome to NL! grin Where scammees become SCAMMERS. Dem go judge taya ke!
madam d madam!where hv u been? we ur fans hv missed u on ds platform!

(1) (Reply)

The 7 Power Of Hugs You Don’t Know (episode 1) / 8 Brilliant Steps You Must Take In Cases Of Child Bullying / What is your life's blueprint?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.