Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,943 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. - Politics (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. (64730 Views)

Biafra Is A Failed Project, We Are For One Nigeria – Igbo Community In Adamawa / Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) / Igbo Leaders & Hamza Almustapha Meet Prof Ango Abdullahi (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Omoluabi16(m): 10:20pm On Feb 18, 2017
momentarylapse:

You claimed opc and northerners were slaughtering your people in the north and lagos? Do you know how many of my friends I have lost to religious and political murders in the north south east and west? Are you not aware of what has been happening in southern kaduna, taraba, benue, rivers and maiduguri? Do you think the violence in nigeria is targeted at only igbos? Have other people from other tribes not lost their lives in some parts of igbo land?

Please answer my earlier question or maybe you are afraid of the nexus of truth I am about to open your eyes to! If you want us to start rambling over igbos that have lost their lives etc....it would be better to wait for someone else!
victim mentality, That's their favourite pastime.

2 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by momentarylapse: 10:24pm On Feb 18, 2017
malborosolder:

Dealing with people like you is complete fun. You don't have any superior argument that have not been trashed here before. Its like going on an infinite loop with no chance of getting out. So no need recycling those bullshit you call superior what. When your felas quit insulting the great igbo nation, you'll watch how the rumble dies a natural death. Besides, the part to emancipation is gaining momentum.... its a phase process. So you felas should just chill and observe events.
Take a bow.... and leave thread. wink cool

Such beautiful nonsense! Can you get lost now? Cheers...
Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Omoluabi16(m): 10:25pm On Feb 18, 2017
nku5:

Yes there were atrocities and ethnic thuggery by OPC. But everybody else lives in perfect peace in the EAST. Na like this we go dey dey?

Happy reading

https://www.hrw.org/report/2003/02/28/oodua-peoples-congress-opc/fighting-violence-violence
why do you enjoy telling narratives which is far from the truth? the lies kanu feed you with deludes you guys. victim mentality and a warped sense of entitlement.

1 Like

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by unstableaswater: 10:26pm On Feb 18, 2017
momentarylapse:

In that case go and try and achieve something you can actually be proud of in your life and stop looking at being a tribalist or the best abuser of yoruba, hausa, muslims or buhari and apc as an achievement!

I am glad u listed the aforementioned group, u are a good student and listener.

They dont yet know or fail to realise that Igbos have finished with them and just passing time and giving eye service nothing more. We absolutely feel nothing towards them but exhaustion and just waiting for wen we go our separate ways.

Let me add a little more to the list, the entire NorthEast Central and NorthWest Central with exception of Idoma and Igala.

Ebira, Edo, Itsekiri, Apoi and Urhobo are on the watch list, we dont hate dem as much as the aforementioned group above. However, they will have a decision on whether to join us in Biafra or Join Oduduwa.

If they join Oduduwa, we keep dem where we kept the yorubas.

I urgently need a country where I can live with people dat dont hate me based on my Tribe.

2 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by momentarylapse: 10:33pm On Feb 18, 2017
omenkaLives:
Idiotic comment from a nobody. Go ahead amd deactivate the useless account. No one would even notice.

Bye.

grin grin grin

So he is threatening YOU with de activating HIS own account? Will that give you fever?

These people na wa!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by laudate: 10:49pm On Feb 18, 2017
Huddler:
Thats what we are saying. Can you tell us the name of your tribe?

Why not tell us the name of your tribe maybe I can include your name in the list of tribes that developed Lagos.

You are the one spreading propaganda because you don't know anything about the history of Lagos.

We all know that Igbo made Lagos what it is today but tribalism and hatred won't allow you to see that.

You are clearly the one that needs to fvckoutta here cos you lack facts. I mean real basic facts.

You have just given yourself best advice.

Go and play with your fellow kids.

Can you see why I keep calling you a toddler? cheesy Instead of responding with tangible facts and figures, you are throwing a tantrum. Why do you want me to tell you my tribe? Did anyone from my tribe come out to say they developed Lagos? No. So why are you digressing??

Biko, too many people are making fun of you on this thread, because you keep repeating that your tribe developed Lagos. And when people ask you that how did they develop the city, you start beating around the bush without being able to offer a concrete answer. Oga, swerve make better person see road! wink Hehehe.... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by laudate: 10:51pm On Feb 18, 2017
momentarylapse:
He and his friends are angry that you don't want to abuse them so that they can test their latest google copied insults out and you know he has spent a lot of time downloading memes that he wants to use against a yoruba person! Whenever they see logic that they can't defend they try to turn in into an insult match! I schooled one earlier today...instead of him to answer my question he started crying over opc as if that has anything to do with the thread!

I don talk say I no go laugh today, but.... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Igboid: 10:58pm On Feb 18, 2017
momentarylapse:

I don't want to dwell on some of the inaccuracies in your post but Let me ask you one simple hypothetical question! If the Igbos of nigeria let's say by April 1st are granted the right to go and form _biafra? Which states would make up the country?

I fail to see how it is any of your concern, the tribes of Igbo speaking people that will make up Biafra or the non Igbo tribes that might end up joining us.

How about you stop being obsessed with the Igbo future plans for self determination and focus on what will become Of your own people in the Islamic republic of Arewa-Oduanistan, which is what the remnant of Nigeria will turn into, Post Igbo independence.

2 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Omoluabi16(m): 11:02pm On Feb 18, 2017
momentarylapse:

He and his friends are angry that you don't want to abuse them so that they can test their latest google copied insults out and you know he has spent a lot of time downloading memes that he wants to use against a yoruba person! Whenever they see logic that they can't defend they try to turn in into an insult match! I schooled one earlier today...instead of him to answer my question he started crying over opc as if that has anything to do with the thread!
hehehe.. that kanu's rant on youtube was epic. swear words just dey flow. grin I don laugh tire. but the real comedy is their facebook page

1 Like

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Huddler: 11:05pm On Feb 18, 2017
[s][/s]laudate:

Can you see why I keep calling you a toddler? cheesy Instead of responding with tangible facts and figures, you are throwing a tantrum. Why do you want me to tell you my tribe? Did anyone from my tribe come out to say they developed Lagos? No. So why are you digressing??

Biko, too many people are making fun of you on this thread, because you keep repeating that your tribe developed Lagos. And when people ask you that how did they develop the city, you start beating around the bush without being able to offer a concrete answer. Oga, swerve make better person see road! wink Hehehe.... cheesy
[/s]

You are the one responding like a toddler. You don't really need my facts and figures since your tribe was excluded from the list of the tribes that developed Lagos.

Stop disgracing your nameless tribe here, people here are beginning to wonder why you can't say the name of your tribe here, some people think you are just being ashamed of your tribe while some are doubting your nationality cos you are clueless about Nigerian history.

You are the one beating around the bush here cos all your previous comments were just pointless and meaningless.

You are the one that needs to swerve cos you dont have a point.

1 Like

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by momentarylapse: 11:05pm On Feb 18, 2017
Igboid:

I fail to see how it is any of your concern, the tribes of Igbo speaking that will make up Biafra or the non Igbo tribes that might end up joining us.

Trash!

1 Like

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by momentarylapse: 11:10pm On Feb 18, 2017
Omoluabi16:
hehehe.. that kanu's rant on youtube was epic. swear words just dey flow. grin I don laugh tire. but the real comedy is their facebook page

That one is finished! A spoilt brat who threw away his chance to cater for his young family in a progressive environment to come and fool himself and then end up in jail for the benefit of divided, hate filled senseless online touts with no bearing in life! He needs to slap himself every night before he sleeps!

1 Like

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by omenkaLives(m): 11:15pm On Feb 18, 2017
momentarylapse:

grin grin grin

So he is threatening YOU with de activating HIS own account? Will that give you fever?

These people na wa!
We get mad people fpr this forum aswear! Just imagine. How the fvck would i be affected even if he deactivates his miserable life?

Mtscheew.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by laudate: 11:16pm On Feb 18, 2017
unstableaswater:
Let us ask u a question. How did igbos not develop Lagos?

Is it by ensuring no Seaport in the entire South East/SouthSouth?
Bia kete, don't allow people to laugh at your inanity. cheesy Who told you that the Igbo developed Lagos? How can the South-East have a seaport, when they do not have a coastline that gives their land direct access to the sea? However, there are seaports in Port-harcourt, Calabar and Onne, which are all located in the South-South. Or didn't you know this fact? Why didn't you claim that your people developed those ones, too? shocked

unstableaswater:
Is it by ensuring no International Airport in the entire South East/South South?

Is it by using our Oil in the SouthEast/SouthSouth?
Who told you there is no international airport in the South-East and South-South? shocked What is Enugu International Airport? And Port-harcourt International Airport? Do they look like spare parts markets to you? Oh, let me guess you are going to claim that aliens developed those airports, right? Not so? As for your oil, what is the amount of oil being produced in the South-East compared to what other parts of the Niger-Delta are producing? Stop your silly stories, abeg. I know you are going to jump up now, and claim that only the oil from the SE was used to develop Lagos, as if Edo, Ondo and other parts of the Niger-Delta do not produce oil! sad And the oil was not used to develop different parts of Nigeria, including Lagos and even parts of your communities in the South-east & South-south. Ask your governors what they did with their allocations from 1960 till date!

unstableaswater:
Is it by Lagos being the Capital City?

Is it by taxing SouthEast/ SouthSouth?
Now you are being too ridiculous. cheesy Who made Lagos the capital? Wasn't it the colonial masters? And was the capital not removed from Lagos to Abuja more than 20 years ago? Or is that you failed to notice this, as you were spinning your propaganda? Next, you will claim that the Igbo made Lagos the capital of Nigeria. Hehehehe.... cheesy

As for taxes, please do a comparative analysis of all the commercial enterprises owned by the SE & SS people, and compare it to the ones owned by people from other ethnic groups, in Lagos. Did anyone tell you that only SE-owned businesses or businessmen pay tax, while those from other ethnic groups do not? Or what point are you trying to make here? shocked

unstableaswater:
Is it by our Oil Company headquaters being in Lagos and paying tax to Lagos?

Is it by Lagos special Status Bill?

Just tell me how Igbos and SouthSouth did not develop Lagos?
The decision about where to site the headquarters of an oil company, is taken by the management of that oil company and not by indigenes of other ethnic groups. sad So what is your problem? Many of the oil companies have their operational offices in the Niger-Delta and South-South, but how many of them are operating in peace? If your SS militant brothers are not vandalising their assets or pipelines today, they are busy kidnapping their expatriates tomorrow. Now, who in his right senses would relocate his headquarters to such a region? shocked

As for Lagos special status bill, it was put forward by Lagos reps, and not the SE or SS people or the Igbo. So why are you lamenting about it? You can also ask your people to raise a special status bill for your own region or city. So, there is no need to get worked up.

Now, from all what has been said here, you can see clearly that the Igbo did NOT develop Lagos. undecided If you want a clearer insight about the history of Lagos, please read this book : Possessed – A History of Law & Justice in the Crown Colony of Lagos (2014) written by Supo Shasore. It would enlighten you.

2 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by laudate: 11:27pm On Feb 18, 2017
Huddler:
You are the one responding like a toddler. You don't really need my facts and figures since your tribe was excluded from the list of the tribes that developed Lagos.

Stop disgracing your nameless tribe here, people here are beginning to wonder why you can't say the name tribe of your tribe here, some people think you are just being ashamed of your tribe while some are doubting your nationality cos you are clueless about Nigerian history.

You are the one beating around the bush here cos all your previous comments were just pointless and meaningless.

You are the one that needs to swerve cos you dont have a point.

Guy, why are you getting worked up? If I did not need your facts and figures, would I ask for it? You made an assertion, and he who asserts must prove. Isn't it because you do not have the right facts and figures to back up your propaganda, that you have not been able to offer coherent answers to my questions?

And this your fixation on my tribe is getting ridiculous. Why do you want to know what tribe I hail from? Will it put money in your pocket, or food on your table? cheesy

As for making meaningless and pointless comments, everyone can see that you are a master or guru in this area. Just go back & read all your previous posts, and you will see it. Daalu zi! wink
Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Huddler: 11:44pm On Feb 18, 2017
[s][/s]laudate:

Guy, why are you getting worked up? If I did not need your facts and figures, would I ask for it? You made an assertion, and he who asserts must prove. Isn't it because you do not have the right facts and figures to back up your propaganda, that you have not been able to offer coherent answers to my questions?

And this your fixation on my tribe is getting ridiculous. Why do you want to know what tribe I hail from? Will it put money in your pocket, or food on your table? cheesy

As for making meaningless and pointless comments, everyone can see that you are a master or guru in this area. Just go back & read all your previous posts, and you will see it. Daalu zi! wink
[/s]

I don't think so, you really don't need my facts and figures.

I owe you no explanation for that, of course I think knowing the name of your tribe really matters a lot and it will help solving the issue on ground, but since you choose not to say your tribe name I will pity you with this.

By 1872 Lagos was a cosmopolitan
trading center with a population of over
60,000 people.Colonial Lagos developed
into a busy, cosmopolitan port, with an
architecture that blended Victorian and
Brazilian styles.The Brazilian element was imparted by skilled builders and
masons who had returned from Brazil
Th.e black elite was composed of
English-speaking "Saros" from Sierra
Leone and other emancipated slaves
who had been repatriated from Brazil and Cuba.By 1872 the population of the
colony was over 60,000, of whom less
than 100 were of European
origin. In 1876 imports were valued at
£476,813 and exports at £619,260.
Telephone links with Britain were
established by 1886, and electric street
lighting in 1898.In August 1896, Charles
Joseph George and G.W. Neville,both merchants and both unofficial members
of the Legislative Council, presented a
petition urging construction of the
railway terminus on Lagos Island rather
than at Ido, and also asking for the
railway to be extended to Abeokuta. Lagos history is rich in Yoruba
tradition,trade and
commerce,infrastructural development
and cosmopolitanism." -EXTRACTED With the little facts above, I would like
to educate some illiterates making
stupid assumption from blind
sentiments that they developed Lagos. Lagosians had telephone presence in
1886, Itu and Calabar got connected to
Telephone in 1923, while between 1946
and 1952, a three-channel line carrier
system was commissioned between
Lagos and Ibadan and was later extended to Oshogbo, Kaduna, Kano,
Benin, and Enugu. Communication
technology is a major signifier of
civilizations and if Lagosians were
already making telephone calls more
than 70 years before your daddies, where then did you get the warped idea
that you came to develop Lagos? By 1856 Cable and Wireless Company of
the UK had commissioned a submarine
cable link between Lagos and London
and In 1851 a post office was
established in Lagos; all these before of
the emergence of Nigeria as an amalgamated country. If I may ask
again, where did the stupid idea that
Igbo developed Lagos came from? Or
that Lagos was developed with
Nigeria's money when Lagos was not
even part of Nigeria until 1914. I always feel embarrassed anytime I
read and hear even so-called educated
people from the East making these
stupid assertions. The first Yoruba lawyer Christopher
Alexander Sapara Williams was called
to the English Bar in 1879 whilst the
first Igbo lawyer, Sir Louis Mbanefo, was
called to the English bar in 1937. Again
the first Yoruba medical practitioner, Dr. Nathaniel King, graduated in 1875
from the University of Edinburgh whilst
the first Igbo medical practitioner, Dr.
Akannu Ibiam, graduated from another
Scottish University in 1935. Again I ask,
where did the ignorant hypothesis of the backward Yoruba race who needed
development by the superior Igbo race
come from? For the sake of our
generation and posterity we need to
teach factual history and not just cook
up some rooster and bull ego-centric concoctions as facts. The attitude of
recycling long tales steeped in empty
arrogance should be discarded before
you miseducate your kids with fictions. Awolowo will continue to be the Yoruba
hero not because of blind followership
but because he gave his people the
system of free education, free
healthcare and he introduced Television
to the Yoruba; making Yorubaland the first region to have a TV station in
Africa all done with revenues from
Cocoa. It is crass ignorance and Unclad
buffonery to claim Lagos was built with
Nigeria's money. In addition, where did
the foolish idea that the Igbo brought civilization to Lagos and Yoruba-land
come from? The aim of this post is not to deride any
tribe but to correct the dangerous
misinformation trending among some
Igbo youths and common in their
narratives that Lagos is a no-man's land
and that their fathers built and develop Lagos. Your forebears came to Yoruba-
land like every other settlers and we
appreciate their contributions but the
stupid claim that Igbo built and develop
Lagos is a gross display of stupidity
because Lagos was already developed before your forebears came here from
their villages and towns. The first storey building in Nigeria was
built in Marina, Badagry in 1845, long
before some of hinterland people gave
up the idea of conical mud houses with
thatched roofs which some boastfully
called 'ancient mansions.' How can you now claim your grand-sires developed
Lagos? Please if you are one of those
spreading the fiction, I expect you to
desist from self-delusion and collective
amnesia forthwith. The first Igbo alphabet-character set
and Igbo primer (Isoama-Ibo) was
published by Bishop Samuel Ajayi
Crowther (a yoruba man from Osogun)
in 1857. How can you now claim
superiority over the Yoruba race and even carelessly affirm that your
forebears should be thanked for
bringing enlightenment to Yoruba
Land? While I do not see all these
achievements as a sign of Yoruba
superiority over the Igbo or any other
tribe for I do not believe in racial
superiority; I will not also tolerate any
attempt by bigots who stoke ethnic hatred through incitement and arrogant
claims of superiority over others.

You are the one getting angry over nothing, you ended up again disgracing and embarrassing your tribe and yourself.

You lost again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by laudate: 11:59pm On Feb 18, 2017
Huddler:

I owe you no explanation for that, of course I think knowing the name of your tribe really matters a lot and it will help solving the issue on ground, but since you choose not to say your tribe name I will pity you with this.
By 1872 Lagos was a cosmopolitan trading center with a population of over 60,000 people.Colonial Lagos developed into a busy, cosmopolitan port, with an architecture that blended Victorian and Brazilian styles. The Brazilian element was imparted by skilled builders and masons who had returned from Brazil Th.e black elite was composed of English-speaking "Saros" from Sierra Leone and other emancipated slaves who had been repatriated from Brazil and Cuba. By 1872 the population of the colony was over 60,000, of whom less than 100 were of European origin. In 1876 imports were valued at £476,813 and exports at £619,260. Telephone links with Britain were established by 1886, and electric street lighting in 1898.In August 1896, Charles Joseph George and G.W. Neville,both merchants and both unofficial members of the Legislative Council, presented a petition urging construction of the railway terminus on Lagos Island rather than at Ido, and also asking for the railway to be extended to Abeokuta. Lagos history is rich in Yoruba tradition,trade and commerce,infrastructural development and cosmopolitanism." -EXTRACTED With the little facts above, I would like to educate some illiterates making stupid assumption from blind sentiments that they developed Lagos. Lagosians had telephone presence in 1886, Itu and Calabar got connected to Telephone in 1923, while between 1946 and 1952, a three-channel line carrier system was commissioned between Lagos and Ibadan and was later extended to Oshogbo, Kaduna, Kano, Benin, and Enugu. Communication technology is a major signifier of civilizations and if Lagosians were already making telephone calls more than 70 years before your daddies, where then did you get the warped idea that you came to develop Lagos? By 1856 Cable and Wireless Company of the UK had commissioned a submarine cable link between Lagos and London and In 1851 a post office was established in Lagos; all these before of the emergence of Nigeria as an amalgamated country. If I may ask again, where did the stupid idea that Igbo developed Lagos came from? Or that Lagos was developed with Nigeria's money when Lagos was not even part of Nigeria until 1914. I always feel embarrassed anytime I read and hear even so-called educated people from the East making these stupid assertions. The first Yoruba lawyer Christopher Alexander Sapara Williams was called to the English Bar in 1879 whilst the first Igbo lawyer, Sir Louis Mbanefo, was called to the English bar in 1937. Again the first Yoruba medical practitioner, Dr. Nathaniel King, graduated in 1875 from the University of Edinburgh whilst the first Igbo medical practitioner, Dr. Akannu Ibiam, graduated from another Scottish University in 1935. Again I ask, where did the ignorant hypothesis of the backward Yoruba race who needed development by the superior Igbo race come from? For the sake of our generation and posterity we need to teach factual history and not just cook up some rooster and bull ego-centric concoctions as facts. The attitude of recycling long tales steeped in empty arrogance should be discarded before you miseducate your kids with fictions. Awolowo will continue to be the Yoruba hero not because of blind followership but because he gave his people the system of free education, free healthcare and he introduced Television to the Yoruba; making Yorubaland the first region to have a TV station in Africa all done with revenues from Cocoa. It is crass ignorance and Unclad buffonery to claim Lagos was built with Nigeria's money. In addition, where did the foolish idea that the Igbo brought civilization to Lagos and Yoruba-land come from? The aim of this post is not to deride any tribe but to correct the dangerous misinformation trending among some Igbo youths and common in their narratives that Lagos is a no-man's land and that their fathers built and develop Lagos. Your forebears came to Yoruba- land like every other settlers and we appreciate their contributions but the stupid claim that Igbo built and develop Lagos is a gross display of stupidity because Lagos was already developed before your forebears came here from their villages and towns. The first storey building in Nigeria was built in Marina, Badagry in 1845, long before some of hinterland people gave up the idea of conical mud houses with thatched roofs which some boastfully called 'ancient mansions.' How can you now claim your grand-sires developed Lagos? Please if you are one of those spreading the fiction, I expect you to desist from self-delusion and collective amnesia forthwith. The first Igbo alphabet-character set and Igbo primer (Isoama-Ibo) was published by Bishop Samuel Ajayi Crowther (a yoruba man from Osogun) in 1857. How can you now claim superiority over the Yoruba race and even carelessly affirm that your forebears should be thanked for bringing enlightenment to Yoruba Land? While I do not see all these achievements as a sign of Yoruba superiority over the Igbo or any other tribe for I do not believe in racial superiority; I will not also tolerate any attempt by bigots who stoke ethnic hatred through incitement and arrogant claims of superiority over others.
You are the one getting angry over nothing, you ended up again disgracing and embarrassing your tribe and yourself.

You lost again.

ROFLMAO!! cheesy wink grin Did you even read the article you quoted up here before responding to my remarks? I wish you had included the source and url link of the article. Anyway, thanks for using this article or excerpt to prove that the Igbo did NOT develop Lagos. Oh, and thanks for using it to shoot yourself in the foot! cheesy

1 Like

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by momentarylapse: 12:01am On Feb 19, 2017
Waiting to also hear how the Igbos developed and are still developing abuja too! grin

1 Like

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by MadamT(f): 12:01am On Feb 19, 2017
laudate:

Bia kete, don't allow people to laugh at your inanity. cheesy Who told you that the Igbo developed Lagos? How can the South-East have a seaport, when they do not have a coastline that gives their land direct access to the sea? However, there are seaports in Port-harcourt, Calabar and Onne, which are all located in the South-South. Or didn't you know this fact? Why didn't you claim that your people developed those ones, too? shocked

Who told you there is no international airport in the South-East and South-South? shocked What is Enugu International Airport? And Port-harcourt International Airport? Do they look like spare parts markets to you? Oh, let me guess you are going to claim that aliens developed those airports, right? Not so? As for your oil, what is the amount of oil being produced in the South-East compared to what other parts of the Niger-Delta are producing? Stop your silly stories, abeg. I know you are going to jump up now, and claim that only the oil from the SE was used to develop Lagos, as if Edo, Ondo and other parts of the Niger-Delta do not produce oil! sad And the oil was not used to develop different parts of Nigeria, including Lagos and even parts of your communities in the South-east & South-south. Ask your governors what they did with their allocations from 1960 till date!

Now you are being too ridiculous. cheesy Who made Lagos the capital? Wasn't it the colonial masters? And was the capital not removed from Lagos to Abuja more than 20 years ago? Or is that you failed to notice this, as you were spinning your propaganda? Next, you will claim that the Igbo made Lagos the capital of Nigeria. Hehehehe.... cheesy

As for taxes, please do a comparative analysis of all the commercial enterprises owned by the SE & SS people, and compare it to the ones owned by people from other ethnic groups, in Lagos. Did anyone tell you that only SE-owned businesses or businessmen pay tax, while those from other ethnic groups do not? Or what point are you trying to make here? shocked

The decision about where to site the headquarters of an oil company, is taken by the management of that oil company and not by indigenes of other ethnic groups. sad So what is your problem? Many of the oil companies have their operational offices in the Niger-Delta and South-South, but how many of them are operating in peace? If your SS militant brothers are not vandalising their assets or pipelines today, they are busy kidnapping their expatriates tomorrow. Now, who in his right senses would relocate his headquarters to such a region? shocked

As for Lagos special status bill, it was put forward by Lagos reps, and not the SE or SS people or the Igbo. So why are you lamenting about it? You can also ask your people to raise a special status bill for your own region or city. So, there is no need to get worked up.

Now, from all what has been said here, you can see clearly that the Igbo did NOT develop Lagos. undecided If you want a clearer insight about the history of Lagos, please read this book : Possessed – A History of Law & Justice in the Crown Colony of Lagos (2014) written by Supo Shasore. It would enlighten you.

Thank you for your succinct answer as always. You are one of the very few posters whose posts I actually take time to read on the occasions I visit this section. Mature and intelligent.

Yea, it would be good to see clear facts and figures of how just one certain tribe developed Lagos. A claim I have seen bandied about here.

Hope the young man/woman who made the claim will come back and provide verifiable facts of how they developed Lagos?

Waiting but won't hold my breath...

3 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by laudate: 12:05am On Feb 19, 2017
MadamT:
Thank you for your succinct answer as always. You are one of the very few posters whose posts I actually take time to read on the occasions I visit this section. Mature and intelligent.

Yea, it would be good to see clear facts and figures of how just one certain tribe developed Lagos. A claim I have seen bandied about here.

Hope the young man/woman who made the claim will come back and provide verifiable facts of how they developed Lagos?

Waiting but won't hold my breath...

My dear sista! cheesy It is always good to read your rare contributions on NL. One young man came back to post an excerpt from an article about the history of Lagos, and ended up shooting himself in the foot. Just check my last response to him. wink

1 Like

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by MadamT(f): 12:14am On Feb 19, 2017
laudate:

My dear sista! cheesy It is always good to read your rare contributions on NL. One young man came back to post an excerpt from an article about the history of Lagos, and ended up shooting himself in the foot. Just check my last response to him. wink

I know. I saw it. Quite Embarrassing for him really. Gosh!

1 Like

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by laudate: 12:16am On Feb 19, 2017
MadamT:
I know. I saw it. Quite Embarrassing for him really. Gosh!

Hehehe.... nothing wey person no go see for Nairaland! cheesy

1 Like

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by momentarylapse: 12:22am On Feb 19, 2017
Huddler:
[/s]

By 1872 Lagos was a cosmopolitan
trading center with a population of over
60,000 people.Colonial Lagos developed
into a busy, cosmopolitan port, with an
architecture that blended Victorian and
Brazilian styles.The Brazilian element was imparted by skilled builders and
masons who had returned from Brazil
Th.e black elite was composed of
English-speaking "Saros" from Sierra
Leone and other emancipated slaves
who had been repatriated from Brazil and Cuba.By 1872 the population of the
colony was over 60,000, of whom less
than 100 were of European
origin. In 1876 imports were valued at
£476,813 and exports at £619,260.
Telephone links with Britain were
established by 1886, and electric street
lighting in 1898.In August 1896, Charles
Joseph George and G.W. Neville,both merchants and both unofficial members
of the Legislative Council, presented a
petition urging construction of the
railway terminus on Lagos Island rather
than at Ido, and also asking for the
railway to be extended to Abeokuta. Lagos history is rich in Yoruba
tradition,trade and
commerce,infrastructural development
and cosmopolitanism." -EXTRACTED With the little facts above, I would like
to educate some illiterates making
stupid assumption from blind
sentiments that they developed Lagos. Lagosians had telephone presence in
1886, Itu and Calabar got connected to
Telephone in 1923, while between 1946
and 1952, a three-channel line carrier
system was commissioned between
Lagos and Ibadan and was later extended to Oshogbo, Kaduna, Kano,
Benin, and Enugu. Communication
technology is a major signifier of
civilizations and if Lagosians were
already making telephone calls more
than 70 years before your daddies, where then did you get the warped idea
that you came to develop Lagos? By 1856 Cable and Wireless Company of
the UK had commissioned a submarine
cable link between Lagos and London
and In 1851 a post office was
established in Lagos; all these before of
the emergence of Nigeria as an amalgamated country. If I may ask
again, where did the stupid idea that
Igbo developed Lagos came from? Or
that Lagos was developed with
Nigeria's money when Lagos was not
even part of Nigeria until 1914. I always feel embarrassed anytime I
read and hear even so-called educated
people from the East making these
stupid assertions. The first Yoruba lawyer Christopher
Alexander Sapara Williams was called
to the English Bar in 1879 whilst the
first Igbo lawyer, Sir Louis Mbanefo, was
called to the English bar in 1937. Again
the first Yoruba medical practitioner, Dr. Nathaniel King, graduated in 1875
from the University of Edinburgh whilst
the first Igbo medical practitioner, Dr.
Akannu Ibiam, graduated from another
Scottish University in 1935. Again I ask,
where did the ignorant hypothesis of the backward Yoruba race who needed
development by the superior Igbo race
come from? For the sake of our
generation and posterity we need to
teach factual history and not just cook
up some rooster and bull ego-centric concoctions as facts. The attitude of
recycling long tales steeped in empty
arrogance should be discarded before
you miseducate your kids with fictions. Awolowo will continue to be the Yoruba
hero not because of blind followership
but because he gave his people the
system of free education, free
healthcare and he introduced Television
to the Yoruba; making Yorubaland the first region to have a TV station in
Africa all done with revenues from
Cocoa. It is crass ignorance and Unclad
buffonery to claim Lagos was built with
Nigeria's money. In addition, where did
the foolish idea that the Igbo brought civilization to Lagos and Yoruba-land
come from? The aim of this post is not to deride any
tribe but to correct the dangerous
misinformation trending among some
Igbo youths and common in their
narratives that Lagos is a no-man's land
and that their fathers built and develop Lagos. Your forebears came to Yoruba-
land like every other settlers and we
appreciate their contributions but the
stupid claim that Igbo built and develop
Lagos is a gross display of stupidity
because Lagos was already developed before your forebears came here from
their villages and towns. The first storey building in Nigeria was
built in Marina, Badagry in 1845, long
before some of hinterland people gave
up the idea of conical mud houses with
thatched roofs which some boastfully
called 'ancient mansions.' How can you now claim your grand-sires developed
Lagos? Please if you are one of those
spreading the fiction, I expect you to
desist from self-delusion and collective
amnesia forthwith. The first Igbo alphabet-character set
and Igbo primer (Isoama-Ibo) was
published by Bishop Samuel Ajayi
Crowther (a yoruba man from Osogun)
in 1857. How can you now claim
superiority over the Yoruba race and even carelessly affirm that your
forebears should be thanked for
bringing enlightenment to Yoruba
Land? While I do not see all these
achievements as a sign of Yoruba
superiority over the Igbo or any other
tribe for I do not believe in racial
superiority; I will not also tolerate any
attempt by bigots who stoke ethnic hatred through incitement and arrogant
claims of superiority over others.

You lost again.

grin

This looks line online hara kiri mom!

1 Like

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by unstableaswater: 12:41am On Feb 19, 2017
momentarylapse:

That one is finished! A spoilt brat who threw away his chance to cater for his young family in a progressive environment to come and fool himself and then end up in jail for the benefit of divided, hate filled senseless online touts with no bearing in life! He needs to slap himself every night before he sleeps!

U call this online? Online u say? They are shot down on the street as they turn out in their millions to protest.

This is a movement tthat is just starting and will escalate soon.

It use to be IPOB but now Igbo leaders have said the same thing that IPOB are saying.

Igbo people are all saying the same thing and u say online. hahhahahahahah! U take delusional to another level.
Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by unstableaswater: 12:45am On Feb 19, 2017
laudate:

Could not be bothered to read all that, nexttime summarise.

There are no deep seaport in the SS/SE. Rivers, Akwa Ibom ARE southeast coast.

There are no functional international airport in SE/SS.

Dont bother with any long story, facts are often short and clear but bull shit are long incoherent and pointless.

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Deadvalley001: 1:04am On Feb 19, 2017
Huddler was banned for nothing, maybe he did a mistake whilst posting the original comment.
Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by ariesbull: 2:05am On Feb 19, 2017
totit:

At the emboldened :
But why do some of you iboes reason down south?
Can you prove the emboldened? And besides, if there are more iboes in SE than the whole of Lagos or SW and you are so good at developing other people's land. How come your vast population in SE couldn't developed alaigbo as you did with Lagos.?

Honestly, I don taaya for you people. The way you reason can be so annoying.

Anyway, I will be here waiting for you to prove to the whole world how you developed Lagos with less ibos population while the whole of SE with vast population of iboes couldn't achieved the same hence you lamentation.
Mtchew

Yoruba didn't develop Lagos and the way Gwari didn't develop Abuja

We have seen Yoruba cities like akure, Ife and ibadan the biggest slum in southern hemisphere

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by ariesbull: 2:08am On Feb 19, 2017
momentarylapse:

Waiting to also hear how the Igbos developed and are still developing abuja too! grin

El Rufai was on point over Igbo ownership of houses in abuja when he was the minister if fact

1 Like

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Deadvalley001: 2:15am On Feb 19, 2017
laudate:

ROFLMAO!! cheesy wink grin Did you even read the article you quoted up here before responding to my remarks? I wish you had included the source and url link of the article. Anyway, thanks for using this article or excerpt to prove that the Igbo did NOT develop Lagos. Oh, and thanks for using it to shoot yourself in the foot! cheesy

I think this is what he was saying, maybe he did a mistake whilst posting that comment, see the original comment here not that crap written by Yoruba tribalist.

The Igbo nation has noted that it
contributed over 30 per cent to the
development of Lagos and have helped in
developing Abuja too, stressing that the
present state of affairs in the country
makes it imperative for the people to look inwards to build Igboland. This decision was taken yesterday when
Igbo leaders gathered in Owerri, Imo
State capital, where the apex Igbo socio-
cultural organisation, Ohanaeze Ndigbo
called the government and traditional
institutions of the South-East states to a think-tank in Owerri tagged Igbo Unity
Forum. In his welcome speech, the President-
General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Gary Enwo
Igariwey said the Igbo group has been
striving to be the mouth-piece of the
people of the region without success. He
therefore expressed joy that they had succeeded in closing ranks in order to
move the race forward. “We have never had it like this in coming
together to proffer solutions to Igbo
problems,” Igariwey said. Noting that the Igbos are very
adventurous and great achievers, he
pointed out that they contributed over 30
per cent to the development of Lagos and
have helped in developing Abuja too. The Ohanaeze leader therefore called on
the Igbos to now think home to replicate
those things they have done in Lagos and
Abuja in Igboland. His words: “We should come together
and solve our problems. We are known
for our resilience and industry. Thirty per
cent of investments in Lagos and Abuja is
owned by Ndigbo but now we are calling
on our people to think home and build another Abuja in Igbo land. “We should invest at home to create jobs
for our people. So, today is a special day
because we have decided as a people to
close ranks and proffer solutions to our
problems.” Also speaking, former governor of old
Anambra State, who was the chairman of
the occasion, Senator Jim Nwobodo,
called on successful businessmen of Igbo
extraction to start investing at home in
order to create employment opportunities for Igbo youths. For the guest lecturer at the occasion,
Prof. Anya O. Anya, the time has come for
Ndigbo to re-recover themselves if they
must survive in the current situation in
the country, admonishing that, “The
solutions to our problems can only be found within and not outside. We are the
only ones that can solve our own
problems.” He added: “We are preparing to rebuild
Igbo land to meet with the Nigeria of the
21st Century. We have gathered because
the time is critical so that we can chart a
new course for our people. There has
never been a time we are faced with a barrage of problems like now so we need
our past to find solutions to our
problems.”
Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by totit: 2:41am On Feb 19, 2017
ariesbull:

Yoruba didn't develop Lagos and the way Gwari didn't develop Abuja

We have seen Yoruba cities like akure, Ife and ibadan the biggest slum in southern hemisphere

Is Lagos even developed?
Abeg go sleep!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

President Jonathan Congratulates Buhari - Vanguardngr / Atiku's Three Daughters Getting Married Today (Photos) / Buhari, His Wife And Daughter, Zahra Pose With Their In-laws, The Indimi Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.