Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,386 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:19 AM

Why Nollywood Cannot Produce Hollywood Quality Action Films. - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Why Nollywood Cannot Produce Hollywood Quality Action Films. (551 Views)

5 Nollywood Historical Films You Should See On October 1 / This Is Why Nollywood Is Not Going To Go Anywhere -- Oyibo People React(video) / Why Nollywood Actors Run Out Of Money & Into Poverty – Queen Nwokoye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nollywood Cannot Produce Hollywood Quality Action Films. by Shalombrain: 1:07pm On Feb 17, 2017
We all love the John Wick kind of movies, the spectacular of Jason Bourne, the aura of Dwayne Johnson, the charisma of Vin Diesel.

More than 70% of those reading this blog has at one time or the other seen a mission impossible film or a James Bond flick.

So i was just wondering today why is it that I cannot see IK Ogbonna drive an Audi R18 Ultra roughly round the streets of Lekki, Lagos trying to escape Jim Iyke’s hooligans, or OC Ukeje blow up a building because his friend is being held hostage, i won’t mind a bad ass beat down from Kate Henshaw.

I remember when a Nollywood actor performed the stunt of jumping of a one storey balcony, it was big news then, it just leaves me thinking: is Nollywood ready for the big guns?

I would try to streamline this post to three main reasons why Nollywood cannot yet produce high quality action genre movies.

Read More: http://abspad.com/why-nollywood-cannot-produce-hollywood-quality-action-films/
Re: Why Nollywood Cannot Produce Hollywood Quality Action Films. by Goldenheart(m): 2:02pm On Feb 17, 2017
cool

1 Like

Re: Why Nollywood Cannot Produce Hollywood Quality Action Films. by Shalombrain: 2:28pm On Feb 18, 2017
Re: Why Nollywood Cannot Produce Hollywood Quality Action Films. by modsith(m): 7:46pm On Feb 18, 2017
Shalombrain:
We all love the John Wick kind of movies, the spectacular of Jason Bourne, the aura of Dwayne Johnson, the charisma of Vin Diesel.

More than 70% of those reading this blog has at one time or the other seen a mission impossible film or a James Bond flick.

So i was just wondering today why is it that I cannot see IK Ogbonna drive an Audi R18 Ultra roughly round the streets of Lekki, Lagos trying to escape Jim Iyke’s hooligans, or OC Ukeje blow up a building because his friend is being held hostage, i won’t mind a bad ass beat down from Kate Henshaw.

I remember when a Nollywood actor performed the stunt of jumping of a one storey balcony, it was big news then, it just leaves me thinking: is Nollywood ready for the big guns?

I would try to streamline this post to three main reasons why Nollywood cannot yet produce high quality action genre movies.

Read More: http://abspad.com/why-nollywood-cannot-produce-hollywood-quality-action-films/

Oga they r trying now oo,no try am.the whole mentality about nollywood making noise in their movies has change,go do ur research well,they r not there yet,bout speaking of quality,they r doing just fine and improving by d day

1 Like

Re: Why Nollywood Cannot Produce Hollywood Quality Action Films. by Shalombrain: 11:15pm On Feb 18, 2017
modsith:

Oga they r trying now oo,no try am.the whole mentality about nollywood making noise in their movies has change,go do ur research well,they r not there yet,bout speaking of quality,they r doing just fine and improving by d day

Am not denying that fact sir, no one is.

We've come a long way but there's always room for improvement.

(1) (Reply)

My Anime Playlist: My Top Winter 2017 Op's / Top 10 Must-watch Movies At The Box Office. / VIDEO: TTT And Bisola's Last Romance Before His Eviction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.