Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:57 AM

All Programmers Opinion Needed Please! - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / All Programmers Opinion Needed Please! (1005 Views)

For All Programmers And People That Still Want To Learn Programming / Sunday's Service Scripture For All Programmers / I'm Leaving Nairaland But Not Without A Gift For ALL Programmers! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

All Programmers Opinion Needed Please! by phililp(m): 5:57pm On Feb 17, 2017
dear nairagrammers please i need ur advice, opinion, encouragment... will be brief about this/.

am really zealouse about programming, thats where i've seen ma light, i love it, i live with it in me... but here is ma problems

am confused on where to face. is it web, software, machine,? ar dont know
i started learning html/css from w3school to a point i lost interest and stopped, am a kind of person that learns really fast but easily distracted; u know what i mean,, like going to youtube to watch how to create a nav bar but in the next 5min am watching how to talk to a giraff(lol)..
i have no teacher i only read PDFs And videos which really make me lose interest...

i have all it takes.. i work in a cyber cafe as a tech guy... i have all the time in the world.

a laptop
a modem with 50gb
steady power supply.

with all this am confused. i know i really need to start something but i dont know how.. i have signed up on coursera, alison, class central, udacity but all losing interest.. please help me.. is it that am not good for it or. what...
i live for programming... nothing can change me but what exactly is wrong. or what is it i need to do am not doing.. i like learning things that scares people away, am good at maths,

already have ma NCE in maths/computer

pls advice
Re: All Programmers Opinion Needed Please! by silento(m): 9:13pm On Feb 17, 2017
web programming for sure

php JavaScript CSS and thank me later
Re: All Programmers Opinion Needed Please! by stack1(m): 8:47pm On Feb 18, 2017
Good for you, everyone goes through that easily distracted stage, trust me its normal, especially when you have just your-self to motivate.. well your-self

You must however keep the big picture of what you're trying to achieve and let that continuously spur you, you can only get better by learning, learning, and working on small-medium projects. Most I.T peeps in Naija have no Choice but to be self-motivated, we do not yet exactly have a flourishing Silicon Valley in Nigeria, nor the Incentives or proper Policy to support I.T based growth. Many of us just continue in this line because its our passion, and well slowly, I think things are surely getting better as many new I.T platforms for startups e.t.c are actually Implemented by Nigerians

So choose a Niche to start In (Web, Mobile, Desktop Based Software, Industrial/Embeeded. However Web based Skiils might be easier for you to assimilate and start seeing results, with time you could go into other specializations too, Find the right resources and learn/practice like your babe not breaking up with you depends on your success at it.

There's probably much more to be said, but You get the Gist

1 Like

Re: All Programmers Opinion Needed Please! by phililp(m): 9:28pm On Feb 18, 2017
stack1:
Good for you, everyone goes through that easily distracted stage, trust me its normal, especially when you have just your-self to motivate.. well your-self

You must however keep the big picture of what you're trying to achieve and let that continuously spur you, you can only get better by learning, learning, and working on small-medium projects. Most I.T peeps in Naija have no Choice but to be self-motivated, we do not yet exactly have a flourishing Silicon Valley in Nigeria, nor the Incentives or proper Policy to support I.T based growth. Many of us just continue in this line because its our passion, and well slowly, I think things are surely getting better as many new I.T platforms for startups e.t.c are actually Implemented by Nigerians

So choose a Niche to start In (Web, Mobile, Desktop Based Software, Industrial/Embeeded. However Web based Skiils might be easier for you to assimilate and start seeing results, with time you could go into other specializations too, Find the right resources and learn/practice like your babe not breaking up with you depends on your success at it.

There's probably much more to be said, but You get the Gist

thanks a million for that little one bro.. i fink u just once again ignited the fire in me again....
thanks a million.
Re: All Programmers Opinion Needed Please! by stack1(m): 9:34pm On Feb 18, 2017
phililp:

thanks a million for that little one bro.. i fink u just once again ignited the fire in me again....
thanks a million.

Uwc Bro wink

(1) (Reply)

80% -100% Free $0 Courses At Udemy Plus Paid Courses / A Look Inside Facebook's Data Center : Where All Your Data Is Stored (pictures) / Android App Developer Needed Urgent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.