Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,375 members, 7,800,754 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:52 AM

My Marriage (short Story ) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Marriage (short Story ) (28076 Views)

Whose Fault? (betrayal And Revenge) A Short Story / Funmi (A Thrilling Short Story) / Short Story: "LOVE'S GRIEF" - Written By Oyekunle Lizzy Oyebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by Eniqurl(f): 12:57pm On Feb 25, 2017
This Eniola has problem mtsheew

2 Likes

Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by Nobody: 2:47pm On Feb 25, 2017
*Panting*
Finally, Here I Am.
Mr.lemuel Calling To All Hero Teammates Across The Stars.
Tgold1, Royh, TheImpeccableblessman[theblessedman] Smartestpopqueen, Yorhmienerd.

Bibi294, Oya Keep It Coming...

2 Likes

Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by zika19(f): 5:41pm On Feb 25, 2017
thanks ma for the dedication. anger sure have a way of causing breakage, disunity and hate in a home. quite a lesson. couples no matter d temperament, should strive to control it and inculcate a listening ear.
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by AlamienDagash(m): 5:48pm On Feb 25, 2017
am sori 4u bro mike. nd 4u eni if he cant makes u hapi y nt come c me in zha oda rum. am willing 2 hlp grin
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by do4luv14(m): 6:10pm On Feb 25, 2017
Jeez am here mehnn dats lucky from ma one and only BIBI
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by nikz(f): 7:42pm On Feb 25, 2017
Bibi you don start oh! Hmm nice piece m following sha
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by souloho19(m): 7:50pm On Feb 25, 2017
Eniqurl:
This Eniola has problem mtsheew

Is it not ur namesake grin

Bibi more ink,more grease,more oil,more everything
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by oyinella(f): 9:40pm On Feb 25, 2017
this Eni girl ehn.... mtscheeewwwww bad temperament ko, hot temperature ni
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by Prinxxdave: 10:01am On Feb 27, 2017
Happy birth dear...................... Wullnp

oya come update
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by queenitee(f): 4:31pm On Feb 27, 2017
I am here,I'm so loving this story
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by fatai7165: 1:57am On Feb 28, 2017
Happy birthday Bibi294 darling, God bless your new age
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by Damilahrey(m): 10:17am On Feb 28, 2017
Eniola u better go nd farabale, seems u to small to have a family
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by Nobody: 6:28pm On Feb 28, 2017
Miss Bibi Where U Dey Now Cum Update Now,These Is D First Story I Will Be Following Dat Is Written By U, So My Dear Dont Let Me Lose Interest,
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by ROYH(m): 12:21am On Mar 01, 2017
Mrlemuel:
*Panting*
Finally, Here I Am.
Mr.lemuel Calling To All Hero Teammates Across The Stars.
Tgold1, Royh, TheImpeccableblessman[theblessedman] Smartestpopqueen, Yorhmienerd.

Bibi294, Oya Keep It Coming...

Mrelemuel, Upon All The Mentions, Na Feb 25 You Showface, Waytin Dey Shele Gan Gan, Were You ________ Ni
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by Nobody: 8:58am On Mar 01, 2017
ROYH:
Mrelemuel, Upon All The Mentions, Na Feb 25 You Showface, Waytin Dey Shele Gan Gan, Were You ________ Ni
Lol Bro, Dnt Mind Me Oh, Bt Am Around For Nw, Until Farther Notice. cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by ROYH(m): 5:07pm On Mar 01, 2017
Mrlemuel:

Lol Bro, Dnt Mind Me Oh, Bt Am Around For Nw, Until Farther Notice. cheesy
okay bro cheesy
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by Bibi294(f): 5:37pm On Mar 01, 2017
BOWOFOLUWA

[/right]"He impregnated someone else! "
"Don't mind her, mum. She sent him out!" I charged back, she eyed me.
"Eniola,I warned you enough. I told you to take it cool with your husband, no man is holy, as a woman, you must learn how to care for your husband and home. You leaving your matrimonial home makes things worse, someone else is going to occupy your space! You're so dumb, Eni." Mother lamented.
"Mum, are you siding my husband?"
"Not in this community where husbands are placed on wives. There is nothing like gender equality in Nigeria, men can make mistakes, they have the privilege."
"Mum,I am not going to that house o! Mike broke my heart! I thought we were both not ready for childbearing" Eniola sobbed.
"Eni, how do you mean? You mean both of you agreed to to.... Oh my Lord! You are just a kid! I warned your father against giving you out to marriage, you're just a girl, Folu is better than you by far!"
"Mum....!"she stressed
"You better go back to your husband. Here is my matrimonial home not yours. Its a home for myself,my husband and last daughter, go back, here is not a dumping site."
"Mum, you mean... You mean I'm not your child ?" She questioned soberly.
"Olami, We've given you out in marriage, you no longer answer Adigun, you are now Onabanjo."" See, I'm giving this night to settle down, go back to your husband's house tomorrow morning. "Mother said and walked away. My sister was sobbing , I could not move closer to her because of the rift between us.
" Folu, do you think Mike can cheat on me?"she asked breaking the silence between us.
"Is he not your husband anymore? Can I know your husband better than you? You claim I am a beggar who can't stay where her parents are? So what!" I stood up and headed straight to my room, I felt bad talking to my sister that way, I looked through the glass door and saw her fighting back the tears whelming in her eyes, she was shattered.

ENIOLA

[right]
I walked into my matrimonial home two days after I left, my bags were in the car. I noticed a strange car parked in our garage, I anxiously entered our living room where I met my husband, my husband's cousin, Mark and a lady who sat close to my husband.
"Eni...."
"Who's she?" I cut in rudely, the three of them exchanged strange glances.
"Hello Eni..."Mark greeted
"Excuse me! So you're part of the plan right! After all I've done for you, Mark! You have the odasity to collide with my husband to impregnate this slut!" I said eyeing the fair lady sitting close to Mike.
"But ma....!" The Lady made to defend herself.
"Shut it there! Sheybi that is what you wanted! His wealth?!"
"Eniola, what is all this?" Mark asked angrily.
"I'm disappointed in you, I clothed you, I cooked for you and yet you can do this to me! Hey young lady, is it my husband that you want? You are carrying his first seed? You want this house? You're sure going to get it but there is something you cannot have... Do you know, dummy? His heart." My mind was weak, I was close to tears but I dare not let it out. I must be strong for myself and my home. The girl is not worth it at all, she is a dark skinned short girl, how could my husband stoop so low?how?.
"Now, get out of my house, you bloody slut?" The lady stood up,picked her bag and made to leave when my husband drew her back, I was astonished.
"What's that for, foolish husband?"
"Hey Eni, she is not going anywhere, not when she's carrying my ... My baby." The words sounded so unreal, he swallowed hard.
"You mean this slut should stay in our home,?" I asked
"Which home, the one you left two days ago? More so, I can stand you calling my wife names, can you please excused us? Its like you stay has been over welcomed." I wished the ground could swallow me, does human changes so easily, my husband was sending me out of our matrimonial house! I was speechless for few minutes, I turned my back and left the house. It dawned on me that I had overridden my husband and he had come out of his shell. I sat in the car for minutes crying and wailing, I had lose the only man who could love me genuinely, he made my dishes, laundries and stuffs and yet I failed to accord him tge respect that he deserves. As I made to drive, I saw someone adjusted the window cotton, it was as if someone was watching me from afar. I ignited the car and drove off... I wanted my husband badly, I wanted to change my ways and care for him.

So sorry for the delayed in updates, no light in my area since Saturday o, thanks for your birthday messages and wishes... May God bless you.

Dedications
Mrlemuel
ROYH
holuwanoisy (so sorry, not my fault too, you can check others out, life of a broke naija graduate(completed) and shadows of the green)
Damilahrey
fatai7165
queenitee
Souloho19
oyinella
Prinxxdave
nikz
zika19
Eniqurl
do4luv14
Nmaglit
harameede99
gtin
Alamiendagash

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by Nmaglit: 6:07pm On Mar 01, 2017
thanks bibi for the mention n the update
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by ayaobaidowu: 6:33pm On Mar 01, 2017
9c one bibi but pls don't stave us with updates. God blessed u.
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by harameede99(f): 11:29pm On Mar 01, 2017
Tnx for d mention bibi pls we want more updates oo
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by do4luv14(m): 11:26am On Mar 02, 2017
Thanks sweddy for the mention!!!

you are a darling shocked shocked
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by kajsa08: 11:31am On Mar 02, 2017
@Bibi ure trying o. writing 2 stories atthe same time. God Speed, God Strength N God's Love.
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by Nobody: 1:13pm On Mar 02, 2017
FIRE ON SISTER,YOUR HEAD DEH DER...As 4 eniola?mtcheeew...her case don pass d oda room o
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by Nobody: 2:35pm On Mar 02, 2017
Ok Tanks 4 Updating Lemme Check Yr Other Story Out.
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by gtin(m): 4:39pm On Mar 02, 2017
They say u dnt knw wat u hv until u lose it @Eniola sorry oh
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by queenitee(f): 6:39pm On Mar 02, 2017
Hmm,Eniola see ya life...Folu I love you jae
Thanks for the mention ma
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by Bibi294(f): 6:48pm On Mar 02, 2017
PART THREE

BOWOFOLUWA

I was sitting at the pool side looking at my sister who was sitted under the tall palm tree in our compound. It was two days since she came back from her husband's house. She hardly eat, all she did was to bath,sleep and sit in that spot since then. She refused talking to anyone and most time, I could see tears in her eyes. I had been proving stubborn because of the rift between us. As I was watching her, I saw dejection written vividly on her face, her eyes were swollen and her Brazilian hair scattered, she was covering and wiping her face regularly so I decided to move closer, I could not watch and leave my sister in such a situation, she was but but she is still my sister, my favourite. I tied the small pink towel round my waist covering only my bikini pant, I approached ber and sat in the floor facing her.
"Eniwealth, what's sup?"
"As you can see I'm fine." She said looking away.
"You've been a shadow of yourself lately,no makeups, no hangouts, no false lashes. What is wrong?" Eniola was a fashion freak, She wears the best designers, rocks the best makeups and fix the most expensive hairstyle, her favourite was thick, long false lashes.She hugged me so tight.
"I'm sorry,Folu. I've wronged you,you warned me enough" she begged amidst tears.
"Dear sister,it is not your fault no matter what, I love you and will continue to do,stop being childish. Marriage is not as sweet as its sounds. I want the best for you, Mike is the only guy who can tolerate you. Go back your husband, that's where you belong."
"He sent me away, he had brought another woman into our no!his home." Tears rolled freely, I moved closer to her and embraced her, was it possible for Mike to impregnate someone else?
"I will see him tomorrow." I announced, she freed herself from my grip.
"Are you sure?"
"Yes baby."
"Tell him I'll cope with his...his baby mama... All I Want is my husband, my home..." She said amidst tears.

Good evening Everyone
kajsa08,thanks boo

5 Likes

Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by oyinella(f): 7:00pm On Mar 02, 2017
this got me emotional...... tnx for d dedication bibi and d update too
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by Nobody: 7:04pm On Mar 02, 2017
gtin:
They say u dnt knw wat u hv until u lose it @Eniola sorry oh
Abi Oh I Pray Eniola Should Not Lost Her Precious Gem because Of Jealousy.
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by nikz(f): 8:52pm On Mar 02, 2017
Eniola should calm down. Marriage has its ups and downs. She should be submissive
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by kajsa08: 10:28pm On Mar 02, 2017
@Bibi294 uwc shuga. y do I have a feeling that Eniola is preggy?
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by Bibi294(f): 4:01pm On Mar 03, 2017
BOWOFOLUWA
"Honey,what went wrong? I asked.
" Honey, I'm really sorry. Your sister pushed me to the wall"
"But you went extremely far, you know you are my sister's happiness."
"Your sister is selfish! She can't be happy by making others unhappy." He barked, it was the first time he would raised the voice while talking to me, I knew my sister had gone beyond her boundary, I saw hurt and pains in his eyes.
"You've not been sleeping well lately." I noticed sleepbags under his eyes, He laughed. "Did you miss her." I asked, his face lit up.
"I will come and see mum and dad tomorrow, Mum called."
"Alright." I said. "I want to request something from you"
"What?"
"Please call my sister, she have been a shadow of herself, please!" I begged.
"We will see tomorrow Honey." He smiled while I stood up.
"Instinct keeps telling me you cannot cheat on your wife"
"But I just did."
"You cannot pretend, it is in your eyes" I said and walked away before he could respond. The truth was Mike said something his facial expression contradicted. I knew he was playing pranks.

* xxxx. *

"Sister, let's be prayerful, I'm sure your husband would come back to you." We were sitted under the mango tree, Eniola was wearing a yellow free gown that belongs to our mother.
"My world seems empty, I missed my husband,Folu, I missed him" she bursted into tears.
"You shouldn't have packed out." I blamed her.
"I've realised my mistake, he needs to forgive me." She said wiping off her tears with her bare hands, I sighted our mother from afar.
"Wipe your tears, mum is approaching." I alerted her, she kept wiping her tears.
"So you can now cry, abi?" Mum said mockingly.
"M...um" I stressed
"Don't I warn you enough? Slayqueen, so you can now wear my clothes abi, rich boy's wife? Sheybi you were feeling fly, you thought the world revolves round those assets you possess?" She cursed eyeing my sister who bursted into tears, I moved closer to console her."So, you can cry abi, and you?"she said addressing me. "Sheybi she sent you away, must you always clean her poo.?"
"Mu...m, this is unfair." I tried to correct her.
"See, you can not ridicule me and my husband in this street. You've been staying in my house since last week as if your husband does not have one. When we sent you off to your husband's house, all our neighbours were present, what do you expect me to tell them when they started seeing you around. I trained you children well o, it was your father that gave you free hand." She expressed as she wiped her face with the edge of her scarf.
"You just decided to punish me! I give you forty eight hours to leave my house." She said and walked away. My sister bursted into fresh tears while I consoled her

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie Vs Arthur Eze: A Documentary By Chimamanda / Okwui Enwezor Dies Of Cancer At 55 / Chimamanda Adichie Celebrates Her 44th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.