Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:32 PM

Does God Have A Specific Person For Us To Marry? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does God Have A Specific Person For Us To Marry? (1804 Views)

What Is That One Thing People Tend To Mistake Your Type Of Person For?? / Wiccan Love Spells For A Specific Person / How Do You Know He Or She Is The Right Person For You To Marry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does God Have A Specific Person For Us To Marry? by jonasrob: 8:25am On Feb 18, 2017
I have been reading a lot recently about marriage and marrying the right person. My confusion now is that, does God have a specific person in mind for us to marry? or He blesses the one we choose?
I'm asking after reading this article: http://233livenews.com/2014/06/25/does-god-have-a-specific-person-in-mind-for-us-to-marry-prophet-kakra-baiden-answers/

Fellow Nairalanders, I'll wish for your assistance and opinion on this.
Re: Does God Have A Specific Person For Us To Marry? by Nobody: 8:27am On Feb 18, 2017
I think so, that's why we should always pray to God to show us the right person.
Re: Does God Have A Specific Person For Us To Marry? by dingbang(m): 8:29am On Feb 18, 2017
There are some marriages that are ordained in heaven.. The rest are just waste of time..
Re: Does God Have A Specific Person For Us To Marry? by Amarabae(f): 8:30am On Feb 18, 2017
Yes, He knows our future and destiny, he already know who we will marry in the future. He ordained marriage from the start.

1 Like

Re: Does God Have A Specific Person For Us To Marry? by Nobody: 8:33am On Feb 18, 2017
ofcos yes, if your destiny is to marry an olosho it will surely come to pass somehow!

1 Like

Re: Does God Have A Specific Person For Us To Marry? by Nobody: 8:34am On Feb 18, 2017
For every man there's a woman and for every woman there's a man.

1 Like

Re: Does God Have A Specific Person For Us To Marry? by Nobody: 8:40am On Feb 18, 2017
NOO!
Because every single Lady have the same thing we men are lacking..... And thats why we always get attracted to many girls.
Just that you have find the one you will be able to spend your eternity with....or else,prepare for a broken marriage. Or wait for God-sent till you are 65....
Re: Does God Have A Specific Person For Us To Marry? by ifex370(m): 8:43am On Feb 18, 2017
Don't think so... God gives us choice's.. Its up to us to righteously chose 1

1 Like

Re: Does God Have A Specific Person For Us To Marry? by lionlamb020(m): 8:47am On Feb 18, 2017
God has someone... But it's also not a rigid ish. The idea of the right person doesn't necessarily mean the person is the only possible person for you. It only means it's someone suitable for you in accordance with His plans for you. Bless you

3 Likes

Re: Does God Have A Specific Person For Us To Marry? by purplesummer(f): 8:49am On Feb 18, 2017
God does not have a specific person designed for each of us, however Christians are expected to marry from the same faith and not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. If God designs a particular woman as your wife and she dies during childhood or before you could meet her, does it mean you'll be plagued with an unhappy marriage the rest of your life if you happen to get married to another person?

Even in the Bible, God hardly told people exactly whom to marry. He could forbid a believer from marrying from a certain place or congregation usually because of their unbelieve but not because there is a specific person you must wait for.

2 Likes

Re: Does God Have A Specific Person For Us To Marry? by thowbie7ven(m): 9:48am On Feb 18, 2017
ToriBlue:
I think so, that's why we should always pray to God to show us the right person.
What if otherwise?...would you say God is unfair/unjust? or prolly it's just destiny?
Re: Does God Have A Specific Person For Us To Marry? by thowbie7ven(m): 9:50am On Feb 18, 2017
purplesummer:
God does not have a specific person designed for each of us, however Christians are expected to marry from the same faith and not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. If God designs a particular woman as your wife and she dies during childhood or before you could meet her, does it mean you'll be plagued with an unhappy marriage the rest of your life if you happen to get married to another person?

Even in the Bible, God hardly told people exactly whom to marry. He could forbid a believer from marrying from a certain place or congregation usually because of their unbelieve but not because there is a specific person you must wait for.
Absolutely Spot on!!! I couldn't agree less
Re: Does God Have A Specific Person For Us To Marry? by Missonas(f): 10:19am On Feb 18, 2017
Gen 2:18 says I will give you a suitable helper...You could desire so many women but God knws that which is best for you at any point in ur life.There is no limit to Gods hands in our lives. You could ask Him for guidiance and He could decide to answer u by anyway the deal is to trust Him and so trust the love He puts in ur heart (when that happens u will knw)

For everythg theres a reason even death holds no barrier to Gods plan for ur life!

2 Likes

Re: Does God Have A Specific Person For Us To Marry? by virud: 10:33am On Feb 18, 2017
"He that FINDS a wife...." it's on you to find a suitable partner for yourself. Unveil her to God and God would bless your union.
Re: Does God Have A Specific Person For Us To Marry? by IAMTHEHERO: 10:45am On Feb 18, 2017
The same word of GOD says: Two of you will not walk together except you and her/him agree.
Re: Does God Have A Specific Person For Us To Marry? by Nobody: 10:48am On Feb 18, 2017
OP,who is god?

u wanna get married,find yourself a partner and don't phucking call god.
Re: Does God Have A Specific Person For Us To Marry? by Nobody: 10:51am On Feb 18, 2017
. I don't totally believe that there is a particular person ordained by God for us to marry. This is just another brain washing concept of our pastors. Most of the time the ordained person is usually your church member, why not someone from another church or race? This is what these pastors teach. They implore us to marry someone from our denomination yet they say that person is the will of God shocked why can't the heavenly partner of a celestial member be a sister from redeem church or a devoted Catholic member, or a Chinese man or Indian Hindus worshipper? Are we not all God creation? Most of these Pentecostal pastors advice their members to marry from the same church, why? God has programmed it so well that the right person for u is also your church member undecided Just go for someone you are compatible with, the Bible says "he who finds a wife" not "who I find a wife for...

3 Likes

Re: Does God Have A Specific Person For Us To Marry? by AlexCk: 11:11am On Feb 18, 2017
Maybe not "a special person", but definitely "special people" for us to choose from. So it depends on ur definition of special, cuz everyone is unique in their way.

Off topic tho,
U know what bothers me sometimes, when we say "God knows our future and/or destiny", meaning he knows whether we'll go to hell or heaven, or he knows whether we'll be successful or a failure regardless of how we pray, and so on.

I wonder sometimes.
#sighs

1 Like

Re: Does God Have A Specific Person For Us To Marry? by Swizdoe(m): 11:56am On Feb 18, 2017
Very funny...

There's no special someone anywhere, just hope for the best but prepare for the worst when it comes to marriage
Re: Does God Have A Specific Person For Us To Marry? by Mznaett: 12:51pm On Feb 18, 2017
I say a BIG YES...
God's plan for us is of good...I believe when you meet that special person God has ordained for you,you'll begin to see changes in your life..
But if it's otherwise, my dear OYO will be your surname because there'd be lots of kasala in that marriage/relationship...

1 Like

Re: Does God Have A Specific Person For Us To Marry? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Feb 18, 2017
Mznaett:
I say a BIG YES...
God's plan for us is of good...I believe when you meet that special person God has ordained for you,you'll begin to see changes in your life..
But if it's otherwise, my dear OYO will be your surname because there'd be lots of kasala in that marriage/relationship...
10 years time u will still say this abi cheesy cheesy
Re: Does God Have A Specific Person For Us To Marry? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Feb 18, 2017
ToriBlue:

Wrong, God doesn't make choices for us nor interfere in Human choice. I used to think like you until recently.

1 Like

Re: Does God Have A Specific Person For Us To Marry? by Mznaett: 12:59pm On Feb 18, 2017
judefcc:
10 years time u will still say this abi cheesy cheesy

Of course,I'll...tongue
Re: Does God Have A Specific Person For Us To Marry? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Feb 18, 2017
truthsayer007:

Wrong, God doesn't make choices for us nor interfere in Human choice. I used to think like you until recently.
What made you to have a rethink?
Re: Does God Have A Specific Person For Us To Marry? by jmoore(m): 1:14pm On Feb 18, 2017
Nope, God gave us freewill to make our choices.

But if you are confused on making your choice, you can ask God for direction or for match making.
Re: Does God Have A Specific Person For Us To Marry? by Ator008(m): 1:17pm On Feb 18, 2017
purplesummer:

well said
Re: Does God Have A Specific Person For Us To Marry? by Nobody: 6:25am On Feb 19, 2017
ToriBlue:
What made you to have a rethink?

Because I found out God doesn't interfere in man's decision making. Because God knows our future doesn't mean he will put hand in it.

One brother in church will be lying that God has told him he his your husband. I have heard many of those lies.
Re: Does God Have A Specific Person For Us To Marry? by Nobody: 8:08am On Feb 19, 2017
truthsayer007:

Because I found out God doesn't interfere in man's decision making. Because God knows our future doesn't mean he will put hand in it.

One brother in church will be lying that God has told him he his your husband. I have heard many of those lies.
Most of them are not lies.
Re: Does God Have A Specific Person For Us To Marry? by Nobody: 11:38am On Feb 19, 2017
ToriBlue:
Most of them are not lies.

Hmmm really? You will be easy to convince oh ! Easy peasie
Re: Does God Have A Specific Person For Us To Marry? by Nobody: 11:39am On Feb 19, 2017
truthsayer007:

Hmmm really? You will be easy to convince oh ! Easy peasie
I'm not easy to convince, I just follow my Lord.
Re: Does God Have A Specific Person For Us To Marry? by Nobody: 11:40am On Feb 19, 2017
ToriBlue:
I'm not easy to convince, I just follow my Lord.

That's the prob. If God doesn't speak to you about him. Then how would you verify ?
Re: Does God Have A Specific Person For Us To Marry? by Nobody: 11:43am On Feb 19, 2017
truthsayer007:

That's the prob. If God doesn't speak to you about him. Then how would you verify ?
God must definitely show me signs.

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Things Ladies Do When They Visit A Guy They Don’t Want To Sleep With / Met My Boyfriend On Nairaland, Im Not Sure If Hes A Natural Bastard Or Selfmade / She Said She Was Disvirgined By A Domestic Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.