Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,662 members, 7,801,914 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:40 AM

Diamond Bank Corrects Stamp Duty Anomalies ( Good Customer Care ) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Diamond Bank Corrects Stamp Duty Anomalies ( Good Customer Care ) (662 Views)

Nigerians To Pay Stamp Duty On ATM Printouts, Some Whatsapp Messages - FIRS / POS Stamp Duty: FG Reviews 50 Naira To Transactions Above 10 Thousand Naira / Merchants Upgrade POS Machines To Automatically Charge N50 Stamp Duty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diamond Bank Corrects Stamp Duty Anomalies ( Good Customer Care ) by Jammiiee(m): 8:41am On Feb 18, 2017
Sometimes earlier in the year, there were cases of unusual charges for Stamp Duties from customers of Diamond Bank across the country which I also was affected and was quite disgruntled angry.

But, after the whole hullabaloo, Diamond Bank have finally effected a Stamp duty reversal . I credit them for a job well done. For the past 5 days now, I keep getting credit alerts on stamp duty reversals, something I thought was never plausible nor achievable, considering the poor services we get from institutions in our country Nigeria. Ranging from financial institutions, educational institutions, telecoms and what have you .

I must commend the person in-charge and at the helm of affairs in this particular case. A job well done, if others can only emulate and be meticulous about their activities with their customers by doing the needful when the need arises, it would go a long way in convincing Nigerians that the change has actually begun.

However, on the part of the consumers and customers, we shouldn't just suffer in silence and allow those institutions go scot-free whenever an ill is done. The case of Diamond Bank actually got a response after myriad of complaints cascaded the cyberspace.

So, Nigerians! It's up to us either to accept or repudiate whatever injustice systems in our country throw to us.

Share ur experience with the stamp duty reversals recently on-going. ( the inappropriately charged ones though)
Re: Diamond Bank Corrects Stamp Duty Anomalies ( Good Customer Care ) by uboma(m): 10:32am On Feb 18, 2017
the exorbitant amounts debited from my Diamond Bank savings account is yet to reversed.

I will simply move my salary account elsewhere by the beginning of next month if Diamond Bank does not do the needful.
Re: Diamond Bank Corrects Stamp Duty Anomalies ( Good Customer Care ) by Jammiiee(m): 10:33am On Feb 18, 2017
Really shocked So no reversal for u yet? Thought it was a general thing nw
uboma:
the exorbitant amounts debited from my Diamond Bank savings account is yet to reversed.

I will simply move my salary account elsewhere by the beginning of next month if Diamond Bank does not do the needful.
Re: Diamond Bank Corrects Stamp Duty Anomalies ( Good Customer Care ) by uboma(m): 10:35am On Feb 18, 2017
Jammiiee:
Really shocked So no reversal for u yet? Thought it was a general thing nw

Nothing yet. And I guess there are others in similar shoes...
Re: Diamond Bank Corrects Stamp Duty Anomalies ( Good Customer Care ) by Jammiiee(m): 10:47am On Feb 18, 2017
Ohh sorry indeed, well I guess if there are others they will report here, perhaps they haven't seen this yet
uboma:

Nothing yet. And I guess there are others in similar shoes...
Re: Diamond Bank Corrects Stamp Duty Anomalies ( Good Customer Care ) by uboma(m): 11:15am On Feb 18, 2017
Jammiiee:
Ohh sorry indeed, well I guess if there are others they will report here, perhaps they haven't seen this yet

Thank you.

Let's keep our fingers crossed...
Re: Diamond Bank Corrects Stamp Duty Anomalies ( Good Customer Care ) by Divine17: 11:15am On Feb 18, 2017
I've been getting alerts on the reversal.
Re: Diamond Bank Corrects Stamp Duty Anomalies ( Good Customer Care ) by Jammiiee(m): 2:40pm On Feb 18, 2017
Good to know I'm not the only one
Divine17:
I've been getting alerts on the reversal.

(1) (Reply)

CBN Reintroduces Charges On Cash Deposits, Withdrawals / Sell Bet365 Accounts / Shoprite Lowest Prices Or Scam-stars Shopping

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.