Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

What They Found On This Apple Will Leave You Speechless - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What They Found On This Apple Will Leave You Speechless (2694 Views)

Seven Coincidence Today That Will Leave You Stunned / What A Corper Posted On Facebook Will Leave You Speechless / Coincidences In History That Will Leave You Scratching Your Head (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What They Found On This Apple Will Leave You Speechless by Lagospeople1: 9:42am On Feb 18, 2017
Re: What They Found On This Apple Will Leave You Speechless by rexibity(m): 1:52pm On Feb 18, 2017
This is soo scary... What are this people doing to us. **Crying **
Lagospeople1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOns8lhI-1U
Cc: lalasticlala
Re: What They Found On This Apple Will Leave You Speechless by Phonefanatic: 6:07pm On Feb 18, 2017
I thought it was a joke. See what I found on the Apple I bought from shoprite

1 Like

Re: What They Found On This Apple Will Leave You Speechless by Phonefanatic: 6:13pm On Feb 18, 2017
Finally no cause for alarm I had to read up to find apples produce these wax-like substance naturally and our body system can't break these components down. Meaning even if you eat it it will only pass through your digestive system without being broken-down for digestion. No harm done. Apples produce those coating naturally.

1 Like

Re: What They Found On This Apple Will Leave You Speechless by ednut1(m): 8:26pm On Feb 18, 2017
Apples produce wax and its harmless. Nxt

1 Like

Re: What They Found On This Apple Will Leave You Speechless by YOUNGrapha(m): 9:47pm On Feb 18, 2017
illiterate will jump here shouting Jesus jesus cheesy....common sense isn't common there's no how our digestive organ gonna excrete this undecided
Re: What They Found On This Apple Will Leave You Speechless by Heeyhun(f): 9:55pm On Feb 18, 2017
some fruits and veggies are sometimes coated with food grade or edible wax like Carboxy methyl cellulose (cmc) to extend their shelf life. There's no cause for alarm. I didn't know about apples producing wax though, now I do.

1 Like

Re: What They Found On This Apple Will Leave You Speechless by obafemee80(m): 10:36am On Feb 19, 2017
I think we should be careful with what we eat nowadays.
Growers use diphenylamine(DPA) to coat apples which prevent the skins from darkening from storage scald while in cold storage.Even USDA and European Union are now banning DPA because of the risk that the chemical could combine with nitrogen to produce nitrosamines, which are known to be serious carcinogens.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerians Say Sorry Before Asking A Question? Epic Reply / Hungary Scholarship For Nigerians / 46 Students Fainted While 1 Student Gave Up The Ghost At UNILOBAR CBT CENTRE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.