Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,185 members, 7,780,272 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:39 AM

When it is wrong to argue with a woman - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When it is wrong to argue with a woman (2688 Views)

People Who Wear Glasses Are The Cutest.. Argue With Your Keypads. / My Girlfriend Likes To Argue And Fight For The Opposite Of Every Point. / Why Its Wrong To Date UGLY Girls (pictures Added) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When it is wrong to argue with a woman by Toks2008(m): 10:24am On Feb 18, 2017
It is no longer new that the more you put into an argument with a woman the more likely you are to lose with her because she will act most deviously in sabotaging your reputation whilst she layers hers.

To a woman, an argument is not usually an exchange of information between two people but a battleground and her aim is to win at all cost even if it means attacking your credibility as an individual rather than the subject of argument.

But regardless, i'm not the type that looks down on ladies or sees them as second class humans...I respect ladies in all ramifications and I see them as a formidable entity in all aspects of life.

But when it comes to discussing with ladies,due to the factors explained above, I have observed the attitude of men towards women in general. They are quick to condemn a fellow man for indulging in any form of argument with a lady and they are always quick to use that annoying line..."Don't you know she is a woman" and I tend to wonder if there is something wrong about being a woman when it comes to discussing issues.

More surprising is the fact that even women castigate men who indulge in any form of argument with their fellow women which makes it more worrisome for me.

In conclusion i believe that there is a very thin line between discussion and arguement which makes it difficult to diffrenciate as both can melt into one with a little tilt in the emotional balance.

Once a woman starts to use abusive words during any discussion or arguement,the man should back out but as long as there is no use of vulgar words, a woman has the right to voice out her mind and deserves response from a man to a logical conclusion ...

Enough of this achaic mindset that women in general are of low intellect hence the need to ignore them when it comes to discussing issues of any type.

My opinion.

2 Likes

Re: When it is wrong to argue with a woman by kingsilly(m): 10:33am On Feb 18, 2017
FTC
Re: When it is wrong to argue with a woman by Toks2008(m): 10:35am On Feb 18, 2017
kingsilly:
FTC
This FTC thing cracks me up...why not try to have your thread on Frontpage?
Re: When it is wrong to argue with a woman by kingsilly(m): 10:39am On Feb 18, 2017
Toks2008:

Sey I should stop following you ni, angry
Re: When it is wrong to argue with a woman by Nobody: 10:41am On Feb 18, 2017
It depends on what you are arguing. If it's a debate, fine, but if it's a heated exchange over something emotional then men should be the logical ones and know when to shut up. Women express themselves verbally a lot better than men in certain circumstances. When couples argue and it becomes obvious that nothing is being solved by arguing then society hopes that the man will ignore her and leave the argument. Our tongue is our weapon and for men it's their fists. We don't try to beat you up so don't argue with us for the sake of peace.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When it is wrong to argue with a woman by Michellla(f): 10:42am On Feb 18, 2017
Let me quote this

"If men are alws more or less deceived on the subject of women,it is because that they forget that they and women do not speak altogether the same language & that words have not the same weight or the same meaning for them, especially in questions of feeling.
Whether from shyness or precaution or artifice,a woman never speaks out her whole thought,and moreover what she herself knows of it is but a part of what it really is & complete self-knowledge seems to be forbidden her. If she is a sphinx to us,it is because she is a riddle of doubtful meaning even to herself.She has no need of perfidy, for she is mystery itself.
A woman is something irrational,indeterminable and contradictory.
A great deal of forbearance ought to be shown her, and a good deal of prudence exercised with regard to her, for she may bring about innumerable evils without knowing it,capable of all kinds of devotion & of all kinds of treason “monstre inc.she can be the delight and terror of men at the same time."

5 Likes

Re: When it is wrong to argue with a woman by ouzo1(m): 10:43am On Feb 18, 2017
Op I like the way u reason
Re: When it is wrong to argue with a woman by Heavance(m): 10:44am On Feb 18, 2017
Except it is simply because, as a man, you can never win an argument with a woman.
That's the only reason I can use such "don't you know she is a woman"

2 Likes

Re: When it is wrong to argue with a woman by Toks2008(m): 10:47am On Feb 18, 2017
kingsilly:

Sey I should stop following you ni, angry

lol! you are not getting me...

The first to comment thing just cracks me up...but then lalasticlala and seun have conspired against me so I no longer look forward to my threads on front page..

Seun is angry with me cos I always tell him some home made truths.

I have a 10year membership status on nairaland so I'm in a good position to tell Seun some facts without second guessing ...he is a sturbborn bush man wey dey quick vex.

1 Like

Re: When it is wrong to argue with a woman by Nobody: 10:50am On Feb 18, 2017
LaylaAli:
It depends on what you are arguing. If it's a debate, fine, but if it's a heated exchange over something emotional then men should be the logical ones and know when to shut up. Women express themselves verbally a lot better than men in certain circumstances. When couples argue and it becomes obvious that nothing is being solved by arguing then society hopes that the man will ignore her and leave the argument. Our tongue is our weapon and for men it's their fists. We don't try to beat you up so don't argue with us for the sake of peace.
One crate of Origin for you.
Re: When it is wrong to argue with a woman by Nobody: 10:53am On Feb 18, 2017
Benita27:
One crate of Origin for you.

Can I have a bottle of Jack Daniels instead grin
Re: When it is wrong to argue with a woman by Nobody: 10:53am On Feb 18, 2017
Re: When it is wrong to argue with a woman by Toks2008(m): 10:54am On Feb 18, 2017
Michellla:
Let me quote this

"If men are alws more or less deceived on the subject of women,it is because that they forget that they and women do not speak altogether the same language & that words have not the same weight or the same meaning for them, especially in questions of feeling.
Whether from shyness or precaution or artifice,a woman never speaks out her whole thought,and moreover what she herself knows of it is but a part of what it really is & complete self-knowledge seems to be forbidden her. If she is a sphinx to us,it is because she is a riddle of doubtful meaning even to herself.She has no need of perfidy, for she is mystery itself.
A great deal of forbearance ought to be shown her, and a good deal of prudence exercised with regard to her, for she may bring about innumerable evils without knowing it,capable of all kinds of devotion & of all kinds of treason “monstre inc.she can be the delight and terror of men at the same time."

For Petes sake biko break it down..this grammatical conjunctions are confusing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When it is wrong to argue with a woman by Nobody: 10:56am On Feb 18, 2017
LaylaAli:

Can I have a bottle of Jack Daniels instead grin
Text me your home address. grin

You just buried the thread, i'm just speechless!. Aptly put.
Re: When it is wrong to argue with a woman by Toks2008(m): 10:59am On Feb 18, 2017
LaylaAli:

On the contrary...no man should have a heated "verbal" argument with a lady in the real sense...a man should calm a lady down to explain issues to her...

No lady shelves off an unsettled matter..she must still bring if up one way or the other so the best thing the man can do is to resolve it calmly rather than ignore the lady
Re: When it is wrong to argue with a woman by babyfaceafrica: 11:01am On Feb 18, 2017
Most women don't know how to argue,instead of being realistic and pragmatic, they are sentimental and emotional.all they do is emotional blackmail and shout.I will rather argue with my TV than a woman.With women you won't win!!!!

1 Like

Re: When it is wrong to argue with a woman by Nobody: 11:01am On Feb 18, 2017
Benita27:
Text me your home address. grin

You just buried the thread, i'm just speechless!. Aptly put.

As long as you paying for postage and packaging grin

But seriously, I hate nothing more than a man than likes to argue with me! When I have to be the man and walk away and he follows me like a bìtch cry cry it's over! I get violent and shì hits the fan and police gotta be called grin grin
Re: When it is wrong to argue with a woman by babyfaceafrica: 11:05am On Feb 18, 2017
Michellla:
Let me quote this

in a nutshell,women cannot argue rationally

1 Like

Re: When it is wrong to argue with a woman by Toks2008(m): 11:09am On Feb 18, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
Most women don't know how to argue,instead of being realistic and pragmatic, they are sentimental and emotional.all they do is emotional blackmail and shout.I will rather argue with my TV than a woman.With women you won't win!!!!

There is a thin line between discussion and argument. ..

I will never have any discussion with an abusive woman and you won't see me ever having heated verbal arguement with any lady.

Sometimes on nairaland when I discuss at length with any lady it's because I sense such lady is desirous to know some things she is not clear about but the moment I see any vulgar words I back out.

My point is that every lady deserves to speak out her mind either angrily or calmly without being abusive and be given audience as well as a good calm explanation.

Some men have taken ladies for granted that they simply ignore her even if she is making sense all because "she is a woman"

1 Like

Re: When it is wrong to argue with a woman by Nobody: 11:09am On Feb 18, 2017
LaylaAli:

As long as you paying for postage and packaging grin

But seriously, I hate nothing more than a man than likes to argue with me! When I have to be the man and walk away and he follows me like a bìtch cry cry it's over! I get violent and shì hits the fan and police gotta be called grin grin
Lmao. cheesy grin
Liked you said earlier, if it's a debate then cool, both parties are free to air their views, but when a man is fond of arguing with a lady which i believe is one of our characteristic attribute to talk more, then such men become questionable.
Re: When it is wrong to argue with a woman by Nobody: 11:11am On Feb 18, 2017
Toks2008:

On the contrary...no man should have a heated "verbal" argument with a lady in the real sense...a man should calm a lady down to explain issues to her...

No lady shelves off an unsettled matter..she must still bring if up one way or the other so the best thing the man can do is to resolve it calmly rather than ignore the lady

Depending on the month, day, or week you catch this lady...

I'd say at that moment when emotions are high ignore her and maybe settle things calmly later. Every woman is different some want you to calm them down some can't look at you so need you to leave them alone. I'm all those depending on the moon, the day we argue. I find it hard to understand myself sometimes so I don't expect a man to.

In the op you compare ignoring a woman to ignoring someone because they are less intelligent and I don't think that's why men should ignore us but that they can't win an argument because we won't let them. This is our playground and men who try come off effeminate or crazy.
Re: When it is wrong to argue with a woman by Nobody: 11:12am On Feb 18, 2017
Benita27:
Lmao. cheesy grin
Liked you said earlier, if it's a debate then cool, both parties are free to air their views, but when a man is fond of arguing with a lady which i believe is one of our characteristic attribute to talk more, then such men become questionable.

Yes because in a debate we can agree to disagree grin
Re: When it is wrong to argue with a woman by Nobody: 11:14am On Feb 18, 2017
LaylaAli:

Yes because in a debate we can agree to disagree grin
Exactly!.
Do have a nice day.

1 Like

Re: When it is wrong to argue with a woman by babyfaceafrica: 11:14am On Feb 18, 2017
Toks2008:

There is a thin line between discussion and argument. ..

I will never have any discussion with an abusive woman and you won't see me ever having heated verbal arguement with any lady.

Sometimes on nairaland when I discuss at length with any lady it's because I sense such lady is desirous to know some things she is not clear about but the moment I see any vulgar words I back out.

My point is that every lady deserves to speak out her mind either angrily or calmly without being abusive and be given audience as well as a good calm explanation.

Some men have taken ladies for granted that they simply ignore her even if she is making sense all because "she is a woman"
that is you,from experience ,I will never argue with a lady......how do you argue with someone emotional and not realistic?....what is the purpose of taking an exam you won't pass.....i will rathwr ignore yoi and move on,rathwe than waste my atrenght contending with you when you wont see where am coming from,I wish you the best.
Re: When it is wrong to argue with a woman by Nobody: 11:16am On Feb 18, 2017
Toks2008:

I believe that as long as there is no use of vulgar words, women have the right to voice out their minds and deserve response to a logical conclusion ...

This made me laugh! You're so cute grin

We are not logical we are emotional. Things have to feel a certain way for us. This is the amazing difference in men and women. It's celebrated and not discouraged.
Re: When it is wrong to argue with a woman by Nobody: 11:17am On Feb 18, 2017
Benita27:
Exactly!.
Do have a nice day.

You too lovely.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When it is wrong to argue with a woman by Toks2008(m): 11:19am On Feb 18, 2017
LaylaAli:

I'd say at that moment when emotions are high ignore her and maybe settle things calmly later. Every woman is different some want you to calm them down some can't look at you so need you to leave them alone. I'm all those depending on the moon, the day we argue. I find it hard to understand myself sometimes so I don't expect a man to.

In the op you compare ignoring a woman to ignoring someone because they are less intelligent and I don't think that's why men should ignore us but that they can't win an argument because we won't let them. This is our playground and men who try come off effeminate or crazy.

This is a perfect case study...now this is about the second time I'm quoting you....judging from the principle of ignoring ladies...I'm not suppose to quote you again "because you are a lady" even if you are making sense.

I believe in having a compromise but I will hardly leave a lady hanging just because I need to ignore her....a lady wants answers and even when she argues..she needs answers so give her one calmly and if she insists then let her be. this is a different ball game.

You really need to see how bad this has become that a lady can't say anything reasonable again all in the name of being a woman.

To me..as long as my woman does not get abusive...I will make sure I calm her down and reach a logical conclusion.

I could let her be for a moment but i will never ignore my lady...
Re: When it is wrong to argue with a woman by Nobody: 11:21am On Feb 18, 2017
babyfaceafrica:

Lol! We do it differently does not mean we can't. You sound childish because you can't appreciate the difference. There is no right way to argue! If anything we shouldn't argue with people full stop. We should accept their differences and move on. We feel things we are emotional, you can't tell us to be what we are not. At the same time it is not wrong! Argue with the TV because it won't talk back grin
Re: When it is wrong to argue with a woman by babyfaceafrica: 11:23am On Feb 18, 2017
LaylaAli:

Lol! We do it differently does not mean we can't. You sound childish because you can't appreciate the difference. There is no right way to argue! If anything we shouldn't argue with people full stop. We should accept their differences and move on. We feel things we are emotional, you can't tell us to be what we are not. At the same time it is not wrong! Argue with the TV because it won't talk back grin
one of the reasons is what you are exhibiting, how can you say I sound chidish? Good day

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: When it is wrong to argue with a woman by LePrezident(m): 11:26am On Feb 18, 2017
LaylaAli:

Hmmm, with these sound 'advises' and plus the beauty of LaylaAli you got, gurrrl will you be my treasure? wink
Re: When it is wrong to argue with a woman by Nobody: 11:27am On Feb 18, 2017
Toks2008:

This is a perfect case study...now this is about the second time I'm quoting you....judging from the principle of ignoring ladies...I'm not suppose to quote you again "because you are a lady" even if you are making sense.

I believe in having a compromise but I will hardly leave a lady hanging just because I need to ignore her....a lady wants answers and even when she argues..she needs answers so give her one calmly and if she insists then let her be. this is a different ball game.

You really need to see how bad this has become that a lady can't say anything reasonable again all in the name of being a woman.

To me..as long as my woman does not get abusive...I will make sure I calm her down and reach a logical conclusion.

I could let her be for a moment but i will never ignore my lady...

We are debating something that is why you could quote me back. If we were arguing about something close to home, like, the children or the bills or money it would be different. In those situations because I FEEL passionate about it, I might throw the F bomb and call you names. Then you'd need to ignore me.

I think you and I are looking at it from different positions. You seem to think ignoring a woman is somehow disrespectful but it depends on the verbal exchange we are having whether it is formal (in public or debates) or informal (at home as lovers )
Re: When it is wrong to argue with a woman by Nobody: 11:28am On Feb 18, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
one of the reasons is what you are exhibiting, how can you say I sound chidish? Good day

grin grin grin grin Bye!

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Gf Posted A Picture With A Random Guy On Facebook-advice Pls / My Husband Said He Will Divorce When He Noticed Am Not A Virgin After Wedding / The Most Embarrassment Of My Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.