Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,886 members, 7,806,550 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:10 PM

Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water (25571 Views)

Boy Fights With His Father In Abia For Not Giving Him Money For Food / Mother's Reaction On Seeing Her Son After 5 Years In Canada (Photos) / Sex Once In 3 Months, Lasts 30 Secs Yet He Blames Me For Not Giving Him A Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by londonrivals: 10:33am On Feb 18, 2017
Mother and locally hired kerosene retailer, Mrs. Ata Buhari responded to the cry of her baby that was thirsty for water with the content of a plastic beverage bottle laying in her store. This will, unfortunately, lead to the killing of her only son of four children.

This incident happened, last Tuesday, at about 10 am, at Iguma Street, Off Medical Stores Road, Benin, Edo State when 18-month-olds Isreal Buhari had complained to his mother that he was thirsty.

She being ignorant of the actual content of said plastic bottle mistook it for an identical one that her older kids had brought to the shop earlier, and feed him with kerosene thinking it was water. After his first gulp, Isreal was said to have immediately spat out the remaining kerosene from his mouth calling the attention of his mother. His eyes turned pure white as he screamed uncontrollably a few minutes after this.

With the aid of their neighbors, some volume of palm oil was immediately given to Isreal before he was rushed to a hospital, where he died a few hours later.

The father of the child Mr. Buhari Hassan, 36, also from Kogi State, was said to have been called to the hospital where he met the corpse of his only son.

http://www.metronaija.com/2017/02/mother-accidentally-kills-her-son-after.html

1 Share

Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by temitemi1(m): 10:34am On Feb 18, 2017
smh undecided
Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by 14teenK: 10:35am On Feb 18, 2017
Piece of poo every where >sad
Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by Young03(m): 10:37am On Feb 18, 2017
no smell/odour
too bad

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by sarrki(m): 10:37am On Feb 18, 2017
Mummy I sympathize with you

It saddened

May God give you fortitude to bear the irreparable loss

Take heart MA

To all mummies in the house you will not bury your children IJMN

72 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by sarrki(m): 10:38am On Feb 18, 2017
Young03:
no smell/odour

too bad

Bros please pray for her !!!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by Young03(m): 10:40am On Feb 18, 2017
sarrki:

Bros please pray for her !!!!!!

This is the second time ur quoting me this morning
wetin happen?

6 Likes

Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by sarrki(m): 10:44am On Feb 18, 2017
Young03:

wetin happen?

My brother nothing

Ow you dry ?
Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by sarrki(m): 10:46am On Feb 18, 2017
Young03:

wetin happen?

Ow u dey ?
Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by emeijeh(m): 11:02am On Feb 18, 2017
Eyah
Sh!t happens

But did i see buhari on that post?

4 Likes

Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by Nobody: 11:17am On Feb 18, 2017
Kerosene has smell so how come both women did not realize that it wasn't water? It also has an awful taste so I wonder how the child drank it without spitting it out

RIP fine baby.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by Nobody: 12:40pm On Feb 18, 2017
She should have just given the child sachet water. Haba!

RIP
Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by veekid(m): 12:53pm On Feb 18, 2017

village people at work

6 Likes

Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by Vickiweezy(m): 12:54pm On Feb 18, 2017
londonrivals:
Mother and locally hired kerosene retailer, Mrs. Ata Buhari responded to the cry of her baby that was thirsty for water with the content of a plastic beverage bottle laying in her store. This will, unfortunately, lead to the killing of her only son of four children.

This incident happened, last Tuesday, at about 10 am, at Iguma Street, Off Medical Stores Road, Benin, Edo State when 18-month-olds Isreal Buhari had complained to his mother that he was thirsty.

She being ignorant of the actual content of said plastic bottle mistook it for an identical one that her older kids had brought to the shop earlier, and feed him with kerosene thinking it was water. After his first gulp, Isreal was said to have immediately spat out the remaining kerosene from his mouth calling the attention of his mother. His eyes turned pure white as he screamed uncontrollably a few minutes after this.

With the aid of their neighbors, some volume of palm oil was immediately given to Isreal before he was rushed to a hospital, where he died a few hours later.

The father of the child Mr. Buhari Hassan, 36, also from Kogi State, was said to have been called to the hospital where he met the corpse of his only son.

http://www.metronaija.com/2017/02/mother-accidentally-kills-her-son-after.html

May His soul rest in peace. cry

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by Nobody: 12:54pm On Feb 18, 2017
Lord have mercy! cry

1 Like

Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by Nobody: 12:54pm On Feb 18, 2017
Really? shocked shocked
Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by BrutalJab: 12:54pm On Feb 18, 2017
Anything named Buhari is always bad luck or evil. Chai

11 Likes

Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by Jessicaseth(f): 12:54pm On Feb 18, 2017
This is an unfortunate mistake. She shouldn't be careless with harmful substances

2 Likes 1 Share

Pidgin2:
Kerosene has smell so how come both women did not realize that it wasn't water? It also has an awful taste so I wonder how the child drank it without spitting it out

RIP fine baby.
Is stated that the child indeed spat some, unfortunately he gulped more which caused his death.

Shït happens!.

3 Likes

Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by Nobody: 12:56pm On Feb 18, 2017
sarrki:
Mummy I sympathize with you

It saddened

May God give you fortitude to bear the irreparable loss

Take heart MA

To all mummies in the house you will not bury your children IJMN
Amen!

1 Like

Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by btoks: 12:56pm On Feb 18, 2017
RIP the child.

If it happened in the manner it's described, surely that was careless from the mother. Got to check what you're giving a child always

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by PapaZeus(m): 12:56pm On Feb 18, 2017
haba.as kerosene smell reach.powers of her fathers house.ekoyo chichi Mary Sandra

1 Like

Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by optional1(f): 12:57pm On Feb 18, 2017
she dey mad....

Water and kerosine smell same way... Abi she no get nose to smell....

A drop of kerosine can smell for africa, a drop in a soup spoil dey soup forever..

She most be very careless and stupiid...

RIP to d innocent child.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by Nobody: 12:58pm On Feb 18, 2017
sorry for the loss, though carelessness spotted. RIP to the dead.
Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by Vision4God: 12:58pm On Feb 18, 2017
O Lord!!!!!
Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by Dhaffs(m): 12:59pm On Feb 18, 2017
Woman u aff kill ur own child ni ooh, in dis male born scarcity, chai angry
Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by Nobody: 12:59pm On Feb 18, 2017
I do not blame the woman, nobody is above such mistake. It is lesson to everyone then

2 Likes

Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by Nobody: 1:01pm On Feb 18, 2017
Sorry
Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by ceejay80s(m): 1:01pm On Feb 18, 2017
how can u not know the difference between kero and water? mere looking at it will tell u
Re: Mother Accidentally Kills Her Son After Giving Him Kerosene Instead Of Water by Nobody: 1:01pm On Feb 18, 2017
Benita27:
Is stated that the child indeed spat some, unfortunately he gulped more which caused his death.

Shït happens!.

Ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! / Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum / Man Refuses To Take Child To Hospital After Blood Flowed To Her Head.See Why.PIC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.