Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,974 members, 7,806,831 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:53 AM

Finding Your Place In The IT Jobs Landscape - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Finding Your Place In The IT Jobs Landscape (8890 Views)

10 Steps To Finding Your New Job / Fresh IT Jobs - Apply Now Before Deadline / N-power Beneficiaries Are Changing The Landscape And Doing The Hard Work. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finding Your Place In The IT Jobs Landscape by Nobody: 10:23am On Feb 19, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: Finding Your Place In The IT Jobs Landscape by cinorita(f): 10:47am On Feb 19, 2017
[quote author=ymee post=53848131]After stayed at home for almost a year jobless I now believed that connection is the only way to get a good job in Nigeria because all those graduated with 2.2 and pass but well connected are all gainfully employed. Me with my strong 2.1math/comp.sci still here jobless, if na to pray i don turn to prayer warrior all to no avail but I still blv God can do it, I've attended some interviews only to meet like 50 applicants (some with experience) on one/two positions hmmm also no even 20k to start any business.
I'm a web and graphics designer but where ar the customers? I'm also into blogging only dat it takes alot of time to make it there.

SERVICES
1. Computer appreciation
2. Web designing
3. Online registration
4. Corporate training
5. Software Training
6. Graphics designing
7. systems repair, installation and troubleshooting

KEY COMPETENCIES
- Microsoft office proficient.
- PowerPoint, CorelDraw, Photoshop,fireworks, Illustrator, PageMaker etc.
- Html, C++, CSS, Php, WordPress, blogger
- Diagnosis, troubleshooting and repair. System integration and data
migration
- Customer relationship management and Strong problem solving abilities
- Performance monitoring and optimization. Multi-tasking and project
management

Hello
Send me a WhatsApp on this number I might have a job for you 07017840966
Re: Finding Your Place In The IT Jobs Landscape by opencybaba: 10:56am On Feb 19, 2017
if you live in Lagos and you want to learn java from a personal tutor, hit me up 08067792702
Re: Finding Your Place In The IT Jobs Landscape by Peterijeoma(m): 11:00am On Feb 19, 2017
Network or java which is better and easy because i don't have I.t background
Re: Finding Your Place In The IT Jobs Landscape by Nobody: 11:59am On Feb 19, 2017
cinorita:
Send me a WhatsApp on this number I might have a job for you 07017840966
I pm'ed you
Re: Finding Your Place In The IT Jobs Landscape by thompsob(m): 12:14pm On Feb 19, 2017
Don't waste ur time learning programming. Its irrelevant to the practical industry of naija. Unless u work in software development company.
Focus on administration. Systems nd network administration

Pls can u give more details on how to get certified on these
Pls kindly eplain more
Re: Finding Your Place In The IT Jobs Landscape by djlaqua91(m): 12:25pm On Feb 19, 2017
ymee:
After stayed at home for almost a year jobless I now believed that connection is the only way to get a good job in Nigeria because all those graduated with 2.2 and pass but well connected are all gainfully employed. Me with my strong 2.1math/comp.sci still here jobless, if na to pray i don turn to prayer warrior all to no avail but I still blv God can do it, I've attended some interviews only to meet like 50 applicants (some with experience) on one/two positions hmmm also no even 20k to start any business.
I'm a web and graphics designer but where ar the customers? I'm also into blogging only dat it takes alot of time to make it there.

SERVICES
1. Computer appreciation
2. Web designing
3. Online registration
4. Corporate training
5. Software Training
6. Graphics designing

KEY COMPETENCIES
migration
management

why don't you sign up on Fiverr? Freelancing could serve you well
Re: Finding Your Place In The IT Jobs Landscape by badmus306(m): 12:53pm On Feb 19, 2017
can someone help me with some freelancing website that works well
Re: Finding Your Place In The IT Jobs Landscape by adeolabilkis002: 1:43pm On Feb 19, 2017
Nice one,pls can I get the programming materials too.
adeolabilkis002@gmail.com.
Re: Finding Your Place In The IT Jobs Landscape by Nobody: 2:44pm On Feb 19, 2017
ymee:

yes i can train you

Your location sir.
Re: Finding Your Place In The IT Jobs Landscape by ehis05(m): 2:50pm On Feb 19, 2017
ymee:
After stayed at home for almost a year jobless I now believed that connection is the only way to get a good job in Nigeria because all those graduated with 2.2 and pass but well connected are all gainfully employed. Me with my strong 2.1math/comp.sci still here jobless, if na to pray i don turn to prayer warrior all to no avail but I still blv God can do it, I've attended some interviews only to meet like 50 applicants (some with experience) on one/two positions hmmm also no even 20k to start any business.

SERVICES
1. Computer appreciation
2. Web designing
3. Online registration
4. Corporate training
5. Software Training
6. Graphics designing

KEY COMPETENCIES
migration
management

if you are really a core PHP programmer and you have stayed at home all dis time den sumtin is wrong....let me ask you this questions which i feel most companies want from PHP programmers

are u very good at using a framework? codeigniter, cake PHP, laravel and so on.?
can u create wordpress plugins, themes or widgets?
how many jobs have u done using this framework both locally and online?

The latter shows your experience in using frameworks. Gone are the days wen we jus write codes from scratch using procedural method without a framework. i attended an interview yesterday and even i wunt give myself the job cuz am not versatile. i mean i dnt knw so much abt using framework. so i made up my mind to learn as well as build standard sites using it. This people expect u 2 knw virtually evrytin abt webites & u wunt blame dem 4 dat. u are versatile already with the kind of service u can provide. Jus try doin more and also, i will suggest you always apply for jobs in the IT section in jobberman, check for available jobs there like twice a day and apply wen u see. You can also learn to start creating wordpress plugins, themes and widgets trust me if u can do these tins, the next opportunity wunt pass u by. I was really challenged yesterday even cried cuz of the way they made me feel like i knew nutin.. so i made up my mind to "know sumtin" wud make good the situation at the end ..keep hustling and working....your efforts will surely be crowned someday #Godbless

1 Like

Re: Finding Your Place In The IT Jobs Landscape by Afolabi78: 2:57pm On Feb 19, 2017
laplace19:

Inspired

I'm a civil engineer by profession but I've got much love for programming. I'll be starting my personal training on HTML this week.... After that I'll learn CSS and then PHP. Waiting for the learning materials( videos) to arrive from Osun state courtesy of my friend who read computer engineering.
pay 2k For Me And I Will Open Lynda.Com Premium Account For You. You Can Have Access All The Best Tutorial Lecturer And Become Self Indenpendent And Make Money To Your Pocket
Re: Finding Your Place In The IT Jobs Landscape by laplace19(m): 3:21pm On Feb 19, 2017
Afolabi78:
pay 2k For Me And I Will Open Lynda.Com Premium Account For You. You Can Have Access All The Best Tutorial Lecturer And Become Self Indenpendent And Make Money To Your Pocket

No
Re: Finding Your Place In The IT Jobs Landscape by TheVictorious(m): 3:48pm On Feb 19, 2017
MisterGrace:
Nice write up.

I started with HTML 5, a little PHP basics and Myql database.

Apart from web development, I do search engine optimization, SMS short codes and digital marketing.

Done a couple of jobs that I am so proud of.

Only wish is for the jobs to be coming regularly.

Tired of submitting CVs and going to series of interviews of which most of them re fruitless.

Pls which works have you successfully completed?
Re: Finding Your Place In The IT Jobs Landscape by MisterGrace: 4:04pm On Feb 19, 2017
TheVictorious:

Pls which works have you successfully completed?
http://www.osabellesprings.com
http://www.simt.com.ng
http://www.econceptsglobal.com
etc...
For the SEO, they re classified Sir.
Re: Finding Your Place In The IT Jobs Landscape by TheVictorious(m): 4:14pm On Feb 19, 2017
MisterGrace:

http://www.osabellesprings.com

http://www.simt.com.ng

http://www.econceptsglobal.com

etc...

For the SEO, they re classified Sir.

Good jobs, especially the first. Pls send your email, I have need for that but not immediate. Let's talk anyway
Re: Finding Your Place In The IT Jobs Landscape by Nobody: 4:30pm On Feb 19, 2017
cowleg:

Your location sir.
Oshodi Lagos Sir
Re: Finding Your Place In The IT Jobs Landscape by MisterGrace: 4:37pm On Feb 19, 2017
TheVictorious:

Good jobs, especially the first. Pls send your email, I have need for that but not immediate. Let's talk anyway

Thank you Sir. I appreciate.
Re: Finding Your Place In The IT Jobs Landscape by kingsleyugo41(m): 9:56pm On Feb 19, 2017
Re: Finding Your Place In The IT Jobs Landscape by yusufobinna1(m): 5:42am On Feb 20, 2017
MisterGrace:
Nice write up.

I started with HTML 5, a little PHP basics and Myql database.

Apart from web development, I do search engine optimization, SMS short codes and digital marketing.

Done a couple of jobs that I am so proud of.

Only wish is for the jobs to be coming regularly.

Tired of submitting CVs and going to series of interviews of which most of them re fruitless.
good Day bro, I just started doing digital marketing but I need some lil idea and will be happy if u can help me, 07064267091.yusufola@ymail.com
thanks
Re: Finding Your Place In The IT Jobs Landscape by AndyCole16(m): 1:12pm On Feb 21, 2017
Afolabi78:
Are you aware that registering to lynda.com through that link you taught is not working again? I tried it today severally but to no avail. Pleas help a brother.

1 Like

Re: Finding Your Place In The IT Jobs Landscape by kingsleyugo41(m): 9:27am On Feb 23, 2017
AntiWailer:

download resources here

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index-jsp-138363.html

Learn Here

https://www.codecademy.com
I downloaded java when open it it says welcome to java platform pls, what next? is like evrything will be done online?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Should I Go For!? / Iata Certification | Virgin Nigeria Recruiting / Sinoma Cargo International Nigeria Ltd Latest Job Recruitment (5 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.