Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,868 members, 7,802,799 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

Would You Endorse The Legalization Of Abortion? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Endorse The Legalization Of Abortion? (1774 Views)

Girl Dies Of Abortion In Enugu State / In The Name Of Abortion - If You Think Sex & Abortion Is A Joke, Watch This / Weed Smokers Are Happy In South Africa Following The Legalization For Adult (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Endorse The Legalization Of Abortion? by Talk2Bella(f): 1:55pm On Feb 18, 2017
This is Nigeria, most people think we are backward, sometimes senile and developing; we are looked upon by other African countries for guidance and peace talks while we look up to other countries for weapons and loans in billions.

We are a hypocritical and very religious nation, we endorse polygamy but frown on adultery, what breeds polygamy? We legalize cigarettes and make Marijuana illegal, haven’t you heard how medicinal marijuana is? We patronize pharmacies and forget our Agbo sellers whose prescription sometimes is more effective than those tablets, we kill the common man who steals 100 naira but hails a politician who was jailed in London for stealing billions, this is my Nigeria and I love her, even with all her flaws.

I see many things wrong with this country but I am also one of those trying to make many things right with her, are you one of those? If you are then this post should garner you sincere opinion.

Abortion is the cessation of pregnancy or fetal development from its early stage; everyone has a legal right to this. When I was a kid I witnessed someone almost bleed to death, she had gone to a chemist to terminate a pregnancy, she wasn’t bold enough to go to a good hospital because it wasn’t and still isn’t legal for an adult to walk into any hospital and demand an abortion with a straight face, getting pregnant outside wedlock is a big shame on its own, heck having sex and letting people know is a mighty shame yet we all indulge, the rule is even if you’re going to get pregnant let it be a joint agreement between you and you’re partner, a pregnancy between unmarried couples cannot be unwanted if both of them want it.

There are so many cases which might lead to an abortion, please note I am against the abuse of abortion, but for cases like rape or health related issues I am all for it, people shouldn’t be forced to carry an unwanted pregnancy, sometimes doctors’ advice an evacuation of fetus in the womb, this is still an abortion but by doctor’s prescription.

I have read a lot of cases where young girls die due to drugs taken to induce labor in order to abort pregnancies, I have heard and read stories of quack doctors and chemists who these girls patronize because it is still illegal to have an abortion in a government hospital, we have all read stories of women who carry pregnancies to full term and then smolder those babies and dump their lifeless bodies in a sewage, if only she had aborted it at an early stage you would say right?

Someone wanted me to write about this, she said “Isabella, the abortion rate in this country is getting too much” I have told a lot of people that sex is the cheapest commodity in Nigeria if not the whole world, with all the awareness on safe sex and use of preventives most people still like it raw or mistakes are bound to happen, we all know you can’t kill a HYDRA by cutting off one of its heads, two more will grow back.

We see people who commit abortions as murderers, we judge them without giving them a chance, mistakes are bound to happen, we shouldn’t pay with our lives, married couples have been advised to abort an unwanted child either due to health reasons or finance, young women who were raped by criminals get an abortion for fear of giving birth to a criminal or hating that child when it is born, in such cases would you advise them to keep such a child?

These days technology has made things easier, sometimes we know the health status of a child before it is even born, when a child has a rare medical disorder doctors ask such couples to terminate such pregnancies, do you still judge them?

I know most people will say there’s nothing like an unwanted child and all kids are gifts from the lord, well the same things were said about serial killers, rapists, pedophile, child traffickers, murderers, armed robbers, ritualists and so on, but that’s not what I am here to argue, should abortion be legalized for those who truly need it? Let’s forget morality here for a second and think about what is right, so many people have died because they were trying to do it the wrong way, sometimes a condom might burst, a preventive pill might not work, and a sister might not be ready to be a mama, do you advice she gives birth and smolders the child? Do you suggest she gives birth and abandons the child? Do you suggest she aborts it the right way? What do you suggest if she was gang raped?

Like I said, we are a very religious and hypocritical nation, yet we are the greatest and trend setters in Africa, we aren’t called the “Giant Of Africa” for no reason, when we begin something in “UNISON” the whole African nation follows suit, Abortion should be made legal for those who really need it and proper facilities provided for this cause, I have seen enough deaths to know that sometimes I am not in a position to judge rather I can lend a voice to make things happen or stop things from happening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW83Q4jOYBg

Isabella Ibeji
Re: Would You Endorse The Legalization Of Abortion? by Jessicaseth(f): 1:56pm On Feb 18, 2017
Benita27 smiley
Re: Would You Endorse The Legalization Of Abortion? by jmoore(m): 2:00pm On Feb 18, 2017
In summary, can you endorse killing of an innocent person?

Abortionists are terrorists.

The real hypocrites are those who condemn terrorists but want abortion to be legalized.

Promoting immorality affects common sense, that's why anyone who is defending immorality keep dishing out nonsense to buttress his/her point.

3 Likes

Re: Would You Endorse The Legalization Of Abortion? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Feb 18, 2017
Jessicaseth:
Benita.27 smiley
I would if placed in a position to do so.

It would save lives of women patronising quack doctors.
Re: Would You Endorse The Legalization Of Abortion? by Talk2Bella(f): 2:01pm On Feb 18, 2017
jmoore:
In summary, can you endorse killing of an innocent person?

Abortionists are terrorists.

really?
Re: Would You Endorse The Legalization Of Abortion? by Jessicaseth(f): 2:02pm On Feb 18, 2017
Benita27:
I would if placed in a position to do so.

It would save lives of women patronising quack doctors.

Abortion is wrong that is why it is illegal. Have you done it before?

1 Like

Re: Would You Endorse The Legalization Of Abortion? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Feb 18, 2017
endorsing legalization of baby factories look more promising than abortion...

Just saying...
Re: Would You Endorse The Legalization Of Abortion? by Talk2Bella(f): 2:04pm On Feb 18, 2017
TheSlyone2:
endorsing legalization of baby factories look more promising than abortion...

Just saying...

why do u say or think so please?
Re: Would You Endorse The Legalization Of Abortion? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Feb 18, 2017
Jessicaseth:

Abortion is wrong that is why it is illegal. Have you done it before?
Didn't the same constitution that said abortion is illegal not state conditions a woman could also have an abortion?.

I have, don't forget we both had it on the same day. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Endorse The Legalization Of Abortion? by Horlohlah: 2:08pm On Feb 18, 2017
I wouldn't...Not on any ground.

What happened to abstinence and protection? Aside rape,if you are careless enough to get pregnant,be ready to step up and take responsibility for it. To avoid all this is why the bible preach sex within the walls of marriage. If you can't keep yourself,then ge married. Not necessarily the ceremonial church wedding,so far both parents has given their blessing and their is a witness and an evidence of marriage.
Re: Would You Endorse The Legalization Of Abortion? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Feb 18, 2017
Talk2Bella:

why do u say or think so please?
A baby factory or baby farm is a location where women are encouraged or forced to become pregnant and give up their newborns for sale. Some poverty-stricken women have stated they voluntarily worked at baby factories , motivated by the prospect of monetary gain.

So instead of raising a sword on that kid whose destiny you know not, why not give birth to he/her and make a reasonable gains from the sale..

Though, both look like a difficult situation but baby factories won't make you a murderer
Re: Would You Endorse The Legalization Of Abortion? by jmoore(m): 2:11pm On Feb 18, 2017
In USA, this happens

3 Likes

Re: Would You Endorse The Legalization Of Abortion? by yomi007k(m): 2:14pm On Feb 18, 2017
Yes I would.
Re: Would You Endorse The Legalization Of Abortion? by Talk2Bella(f): 2:17pm On Feb 18, 2017
TheSlyone2:

A baby factory or baby farm is a location where women are encouraged or forced to become pregnant and give up their newborns for sale. Some poverty-stricken women have stated they voluntarily worked at baby factories , motivated by the prospect of monetary gain.

So instead of raising a sword on that kid whose destiny you know not, why not give birth to he/her and make a reasonable gains from the sale..

Though, both look like a difficult situation but baby factories won't make you a murderer

I get your point
Re: Would You Endorse The Legalization Of Abortion? by Opakan2: 2:22pm On Feb 18, 2017
it's like asking would you endorse the legalization of murder?
or you don't know once the eggs are ferstilized, they become living souls just like you and I.

Well, as a learned person, I know abortion is of two type. The medical procedure to save dying mothers and the one young girls do with hangers and the likes.
For the former yes (if it's not already legal) but the latter, big No (use preventive measures or betterstill abstain till marriage)

1 Like

Re: Would You Endorse The Legalization Of Abortion? by lordbish(m): 2:22pm On Feb 18, 2017
Yea for those that will want to. It is better a child is not born than being born into hardship.

1 Like

Re: Would You Endorse The Legalization Of Abortion? by jmoore(m): 2:24pm On Feb 18, 2017
This beauty queen from USA named Valarie Gatto was conceived as a result of rape

Abortion is not a cure for rape

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Endorse The Legalization Of Abortion? by freda506(f): 2:31pm On Feb 18, 2017
Let's stop being sanctimonious. Despite being illegal, many people still engage in it, so why not legalize it, then?

I'm in support of safe abortions for those who want to. You just can't force people to birth and/or raise children. Like the poster above said, it's not worth it bringing a child one cannot take care of into the world.
Re: Would You Endorse The Legalization Of Abortion? by Kaycee7(m): 2:44pm On Feb 18, 2017
freda506:
Let's stop being sanctimonious. Despite being illegal, many people still engage in it, so why not legalize it, then?

I'm in support of safe abortions for those who want to. You just can't force people to birth and/or raise children. Like the poster above said, it's not worth it bringing a child one cannot take care of into the world.
People don't just get pregnant. If you don't want a baby, don't have sex.
If you conceive as a result of rape, give birth to the child and give he/she up for adoption. That you can't provide love and care is no reason to deprive him/her of life.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Endorse The Legalization Of Abortion? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Feb 18, 2017
Talk2Bella:

I get your point
Thanks ma'am...

My point on the topic though..
Even when government seem indifferent about abortion, people still engage in it. One thing which triggered it abolishment is the fact that abortion contribute largely to mortality rate. 1 in every 5 girls who embarked on abortion are either liable to death, complications or even damage to wombs.

With the poor state of Nigerian medical advancement, and the inavailability of necessary tools to properly carry out a successful abortion case, it is indeed a wise move to abolish the act "abortion"

1 Like

Re: Would You Endorse The Legalization Of Abortion? by freda506(f): 3:06pm On Feb 18, 2017
Kaycee7:
People don't just get pregnant. If you don't want a baby, don't have sex.
If you conceive as a result of rape, give birth to the child and give he/she up for adoption. That you can't provide love and care is no reason to deprive him/her of life.
Really? Do you know how traumatizing rape itself is? Talk more of carrying the child of the monster that violated one. Anyways, i don't expect you to understand.

As for the first point, many women who abort do so as a result of abandonment by their baby daddies. So, if you don't want women aborting, better make sure the men responsible are forced to accept and take care of mother and child (ren).

1 Like

Re: Would You Endorse The Legalization Of Abortion? by firstking01(m): 3:26pm On Feb 18, 2017
Nonsense, which ever name you tag it, it's murder and there's a penalty for itundecided

2 Likes

Re: Would You Endorse The Legalization Of Abortion? by Kaycee7(m): 3:44pm On Feb 18, 2017
freda506:
Really? Do you know how traumatizing rape itself is? Talk more of carrying the child of the monster that violated one. Anyways, i don't expect you to understand.

As for the first point, many women who abort do so as a result of abandonment by their baby daddies. So, if you don't want women aborting, better make sure the men responsible are forced to accept and take care of mother and child (ren).
I'm not a woman and I haven't experienced rape or closely known a rape victim, so I can't begin to imagine the trauma the victim goes through.
But I also know that abortion bears its own significant psychological scars. So a rape victim committing abortion would just be stabbing an open wound. Killing the unborn child will in no way help the victim on her road to recovery.

No normal husband would run away from his pregnant wife. So abstinence till marriage should solve the problem of the male party abandoning the female

2 Likes

Re: Would You Endorse The Legalization Of Abortion? by Omoluabi16(m): 3:49pm On Feb 18, 2017
freda506:

despite it's stiff consequences people still kidnap and rob. Maybe we should recognize it as a legal form of employment?
There is no safe abortion. you either close your legs, use contraceptives or use a rubber. Abortion is simply murder.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Endorse The Legalization Of Abortion? by YesBwoss: 10:12pm On Feb 25, 2017
Abortion? Hell no!

(1) (Reply)

..guys Which One Is Your Favourite?? / What's Your Biggest Regret In Life So Far? / Doggy Style! Check Out This Couple's Pre-wedding Photo That's Got People Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.