Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,826 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

How To Pay Nigerian Residents. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Pay Nigerian Residents. (1015 Views)

SPAR Shopping Extravaganza Abuja: Fashanu, Others Excite Abuja Residents / Abuja Residents Auction Exotic Cars To Raise Cash / Are There Advertiseing Company That Pay Nigerian For Promoting There Link (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Pay Nigerian Residents. by naijacutee(f): 8:45pm On Jan 17, 2007
Hi People,

Does anyone know the best and most cost-effective way to pay employees resident in Nigeria on a regular basis?

All suggestions welcome!
Re: How To Pay Nigerian Residents. by syskay(m): 9:20pm On Jan 17, 2007
E-gold, E-gold and E-gold.
Re: How To Pay Nigerian Residents. by egoldman(m): 9:51pm On Jan 17, 2007
you may need to state where u are located first ,then i may have some answer for ya grin grin
Re: How To Pay Nigerian Residents. by Tmoni(m): 1:07am On Jan 18, 2007
i think UBA might have something, they could do for u with this their non-resident banking stuff
maybe, u could drop a standing order to pay the workers or sth
just a lil suggestion, hope it helps
Re: How To Pay Nigerian Residents. by Tmoni(m): 1:08am On Jan 18, 2007
i think UBA might have something, they could do for u with this their non-resident banking stuff
Re: How To Pay Nigerian Residents. by naijacutee(f): 4:40am On Jan 18, 2007
egoldman:

you may need to state where u are located first ,then i may have some answer for ya grin grin
UK.

syskay:

E-gold, E-gold and E-gold.

But one guy said they had hijacked his e-gold account twice!!!

Tmoni link=topic=36366.msg824186#msg824186 date=1169078884:

That's a very good idea. However, it may not be a fixed amount one would be sending, and it might not be at regular intervals.
Re: How To Pay Nigerian Residents. by syskay(m): 12:11pm On Jan 18, 2007
The immense advantages of e-gold by far outweighs it’s risks and drawbacks. Once the right security precaution is taken, there is no problem with e-gold. The e-gold means of sending money, in my own view is unrivaled.

There are websites that e-gold can be purchased using Credit Card, Bank Transfer, Check, etc. Some websites sell e-gold with commissions as little as 5%, this means a $100 purchase for example will cost the sender about $105 or slightly more to purchase. By the time the $100 is sent, e-gold charges will reduce it to about $99. The receiver of the fund will now contact any e-gold exchanger in Nigeria. Many exchangers can buy for as high are 140 Naira or higher per e-gold Dollar.

When we examine the scenario above, a financial obligation of $105 translates to over 13,000 Naira when sent with e-gold to Nigeria.

However, one has to take serious precautions to avoid the undesirable. It is imperative to carry out these transaction with outfits that have a good reputation, whether when purchasing abroad or exchanging e-gold here in Nigeria.

Here are 4 Major Steps to Secure your Computer when Using E-gold:

1. Use an Up to Date Anti-virus, preferable Norton.
2. Scan your computer Regularly. You can set your anti-virus to run virus scans automatically.
3. Make use of the Mozilla Firefox browser. Almost all malicious e-gold scripts are developed to work with Internet Explorer.
4. Avoid all Autosurf and HYIP Websites. Most of them are laden with insidious scripts that attempt to load unto your hard drive whenever you visit them.
Re: How To Pay Nigerian Residents. by Tmoni(m): 12:37pm On Jan 18, 2007
there are some people who send money from this country to nigeria,
do a little bit of recon and you will definitely get a phone number,
one of my mates sent some money back to 9j through them and the person got it
last i heard, bank rates and local market rates were bout the same
curious--are u building a house
Re: How To Pay Nigerian Residents. by chirawe(m): 1:49pm On Jan 18, 2007
I think syskays response is the best [b][/b]
Re: How To Pay Nigerian Residents. by bolaoni(m): 3:02pm On Jan 18, 2007
Well,

My own opinion is this:

how many people know about E-gold? what if naijacutee employs those who aint into
all these it stuffs?

if you get money transfered through Egold, you will still have to look for those that will
change the money for you. Bureau Operators can be easily located compared to an
Egold exchanger.

UBA, to me, offers the service of fund transfer and I am sure anybody can walk into the
bank to withdraw their money.

Naija, Western Union is still in operation over here, so also is Moneygramm. So I can't
see you having any difficulty here. But since you are saying cost-effective, then you may
enquire about UBA's service. kiss
Re: How To Pay Nigerian Residents. by LoverBwoy(m): 3:53pm On Jan 18, 2007
She'll probably have to open an account with UBA to use that service right? and im sure they only have 1 or 2 representative banks in UK probably in london

If she uses this egold stuff ;will they pay it directly into staff's account in nigeria or they'll still have to contact the buyer-change the money?

all these banks advertising several online benefits and they don't even do anything  angry Autopay

money transfer is still the most cost effective-checkpoint, but you still have to do the leg work

(1) (Reply)

British Telecoms Terminates Agreement With Transcorp / Toilet Roll Manufacturing / Money Transfer: Graphcard To E-gold.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.