Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,312 members, 7,780,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:09 PM

Is Supernatural At Its Worst This Season? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Is Supernatural At Its Worst This Season? (922 Views)

BBNaija 2019: 240 Millions Votes Cast For This Season / Christomegavision Films OMEGA VISION- Gospel Drama, Movies-supernatural / You Think Your Job Is The Worst...this Is Probably The WORST JOB (watch Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Supernatural At Its Worst This Season? by RinzyReviews: 2:46pm On Feb 18, 2017
https://rinzyreviews./2017/02/18/is-supernatural-at-its-worst-this-season/l

After 11 seasons (currently on its 12th) Supernatural may well be at the end of its game, and experiencing what is known as diminishing returns for a series that has done so well for itself over the last 12 years. We’ve met Angels, Demons, The Darkness, Lucifer, The Leviathans, and even God (Chuck). With an expansive use of mythologies from all works of life, Supernatural has done very well for itself, crafting engaging story-lines, which some might consider blasphemous depending on what he/she believes in. But, our analyses is just to try to justify this question – Is it time for Supernatural to call it quit, to end while the ovation can still stand?

The ongoing 12th premiered sometime in October, 2016, and hasn’t been able to generate enough buzz. Not to say that the 13 episodes already aired are bad, but most have not been able to rise to critical acclaim level for which Supernatural is well known for, including the mid-season/ winter finale. Two episodes so far to have stood out are, episodes 9 (First Blood) and 12 (Stuck in the middle with you); just 2 out of 13.

I believe most of the problem is from The CW President, Mark Pedowitz publicly declaring his love for the series, which coupled with the decent rating the show has always gotten made the Producers of the series decide to keep the series for as long as the lead actors are willing to act. Who wouldn’t love such job security? Not a good thing if you ask me. For a series to work, it must have a definite story to tell, and Supernatural has passed that stage by 7 seasons. A popular belief in the world of TV, is that Eric Kripe (the man who created Supernatural) only wanted 5 seasons to tell his story, and when The CW Network wanted to continue, he stepped away. Those of us who have been with Supernatural from the beginning will remember season 5 as the season where the boys battled Lucifer himself. The season finale felt like what would have made a great series finale, but seven years later what do we have?

Supernatural has been a shadow of itself for a while now, but this season has been a No! No! It’s been Supernatural at its worst, story-wise.

The mess Supernatural is in now began with the way the 11th season was handled. For years many waited for the introduction of the character, God. He was introduced alright, but was so underutilized it would have been better to let sleeping dogs lie. I expected the 11th season to be the final season because, which characters could match up to God vs The Darkness? But, the story went south and Supernatural was left scrambling,searching for a way out.

Enter the British Men of Letters – So far, this organization still shrouded in the mystery of what they truly want is the best Supernatural has got to offer. I do not find them compelling a bit. Each screen time they get tends to upset me more than the last. How am I to connect with whatever they’re supposed to be to Team Winchester if I can’t yet stand 60 secs with them?

Enter Lucifer – As a character, Lucifer has been misused, bastardized; so much that even the face of his most popular vessel, Mark Pellegrino, cannot seem to save the character from being stale now. After he and God made peace last season, I was very surprised to see him acting as a villain this season, but then I remembered… the show must go on.

Enter Mama Winchester – Mary was brought back to life by The Darkness as a parting gift to Dean at the end of the 11th season. In my opinion, the character is still trying to find her feet, and hasn’t really added much to the season in terms of story-telling other than make her boys (especially Dean)
emotional. Let’s see how it goes. I’m holding out a flame of hope because of the events of the 9th episode, when Billy the Reaper warned that if a Winchester doesn’t die by midnight they’d be consequences on a global scale because of the deal Sam and Dean had with her. She was killed by Castiel, and I felt a tingly feel of hope that something interesting might just be headed to Supernatural; only time will tell.

Crowley and Castiel who used to be one of the fun things to watch on this show, have been extremely underutilized in recent times.
Although it is too early to we at RR can only hope it gets better.

Supernatural airs Wednesday on The CW. Available for download Thursday mornings.

https://rinzyreviews./2017/02/18/is-supernatural-at-its-worst-this-season/

1 Like

Re: Is Supernatural At Its Worst This Season? by DonCortino: 3:28pm On Feb 18, 2017
Leave am for us joo!
Am still enjoying it!
Re: Is Supernatural At Its Worst This Season? by RinzyReviews: 11:37pm On Feb 18, 2017
DonCortino:
Leave am for us joo!
Am still enjoying it!

I still do. I'm really hopeful the season will improve tremendously.
Re: Is Supernatural At Its Worst This Season? by Ipfreely: 6:08pm On May 28, 2017
Just a quick spoiler here. Crowley et Castiel es Muertos.

1 Like

Re: Is Supernatural At Its Worst This Season? by Talius(m): 11:01pm On May 28, 2017
Ipfreely:
Just a quick spoiler here. Crowley et Castiel es Muertos.

He he!! Spoiler.
Re: Is Supernatural At Its Worst This Season? by fox97(m): 10:50pm On May 29, 2017
Gone are d days wen supernatural was just breath taking
4 now i can't say anything about d series lipsrsealed cry
Re: Is Supernatural At Its Worst This Season? by armadeo(m): 2:28am On May 30, 2017
Stopped at season 11.

Dragged on for too long
Re: Is Supernatural At Its Worst This Season? by newguy1(m): 9:16am On May 30, 2017
Chisos so . U mean dis series is till on stop around season 7 or 8 how people do have patience 4 overrun series

(1) (Reply)

AMVCA 2018 To Hold In September / Nigerian Priest Disguised As A Mad Man To Beg Church Members For Food And Was / Download The Batman HD. Use A Free Movie Search Engine Everytime.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.