Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,713 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

Nigeria's OPEC Membership: Servitude To The House Of Saud - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's OPEC Membership: Servitude To The House Of Saud (1785 Views)

Kyari Appointed Nigeria’s OPEC Representative / Kyari Appointed Nigeria’s OPEC Representative / Oil Price Crash: Worst Days For Nigeria Over – OPEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's OPEC Membership: Servitude To The House Of Saud by ImadeUReadThis: 3:39pm On Feb 18, 2017
Nigeria joined OPEC in 1971. A year earlier, the Nigerian Govt had nationalised oil reserves as part of the spoils of a phyric victory.

Nigeria's OPEC membership has been more of a hindrance in the expansion of the oil industry which pegged oil outputs, on average, to about 1.6 million bpd.

In 1973, Nigeria's average production output was 1.5million barrels. While Saudi Arabia, with a fraction of Nigeria's population had an average daily output of 7.3 million barrels.

Fast forward to present day and Nigeria's output was increased (on compassionate grounds) by the cartel's main dictators -Saudi Arabia to 2.2 million barrels per day.

This amounts to just additional 700,000 barrel increase over the last 40yr average production quota of 1.5million barrels.

Saudi Arabia on the other hand, has added close to 4 million barrels to their 1973 output of 7million barrels with production outputs hitting close to 12million barrels during the fracking scare.

As we can see Saudi Arabia has more than doubled Nigeria's daily production output with the additional 4million bpd.

Saudis granted a meagre 700,000 barrels in over 40 yrs to Nigeria.

Now I am not suprised about this because since 1970, Nigerian leaders have been pandering to the wishes of the House of Saud at the detriment of their own.

If we also look back to the lowest period of oil production in Nigeria we will see it coincided with the despotic regime of Buhari who at the command of the Saudis cut Nigeria's oil production output by more than 30% even though Nigeria was experiencing severe cash crunch.

From all this we can see that the successive Northern led military regimes have been pandering to the chagrin of their Arab masters.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's OPEC Membership: Servitude To The House Of Saud by FirstCounsel(m): 3:44pm On Feb 18, 2017
Is that right? Very interesting piece of information

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's OPEC Membership: Servitude To The House Of Saud by ImadeUReadThis: 10:03pm On Feb 18, 2017
FirstCounsel:
Is that right? Very interesting piece of information

How come a bunch of spoilt Arab brats descended from a jihadist are the ones to dictate our oil output?

Russia is the highest crude producer but they are not in OPEC but benefit immensely whenever OPEC cuts production.

It's time to ditch OPEC, ban crude exports ban importation of refined petroleum products, deregulate the oil sector, scrap the NNPC and high time we passed the damn PIB!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's OPEC Membership: Servitude To The House Of Saud by ImadeUReadThis: 9:08am On Feb 19, 2017
Bump
Re: Nigeria's OPEC Membership: Servitude To The House Of Saud by realjoker(m): 10:32am On Feb 19, 2017
ImadeUReadThis:

How come a bunch of spoilt Arab brats descended from a jihadist are the ones to dictate our oil output?

Russia is the highest crude producer but they are not in OPEC but benefit immensely whenever OPEC cuts production.

It's time to ditch OPEC, ban crude exports ban importation of refined petroleum products, deregulate the oil sector, scrap the NNPC and high time we passed the damn PIB!

If we also look back to the lowest period of oil production in Nigeria we will see it coincided with the despotic regime of Buhari who at the command of the Saudis cut Nigeria's oil production output by more than 30% even though Nigeria was experiencing severe cash crunch.
From all this we can see that the successive Northern led military regimes have been pandering to the chagrin of their Arab masters.

I keep on wondering how all of you extremists (religion bigots and ethnic jingoist) sleep at night with this level of extreme hatred and ignorance.
On the Bolden, When NDA were busy bombing crude oil and gas pipelines which lead to the reduction in crude oil output, I am sure you are one of the cynics cheering them.
When Buhari told the whole world of the rots in our oil sectors in the last 16 years of PDP there have be no meaningful investment on oil assets, you called it blame game.
According to your warp way of reasoning, I know you know nothing about how oil industry work, you believe is just something you will just wake up one morning and decide to start producing so, so amount of oil output as you wish,without making expensive investments.
And shallow minded bigots like you will believe all the fallacy you put up there.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's OPEC Membership: Servitude To The House Of Saud by ImadeUReadThis: 10:36am On Feb 19, 2017
realjoker:
I keep on wondering how all of you extremists (religion bigots and ethnic jingoist) sleep at night with this level of extreme hatred and ignorance.
On the Bolden, When NDA were busy bombing crude oil and gas pipelines which lead to the reduction in crude oil output, I am sure you are one of the cynics cheering them.
When Buhari told the whole world of the rots in our oil sectors in the last 16 years of PDP there have be no meaningful investment on oil assets, you called it blame game.
According to your warp way of reasoning, I know you know nothing about how oil industry work, you believe is just something you will just wake up one morning and decide to start producing so, so amount of oil output as you wish,without making expensive investments.
And shallow minded bigots like you will believe all the fallacy you put up there.

It is on record that Nigeria's lowest oil production coincided with Buhari's military junta back in 1984 -1985.

Allow me to go dig up the historic chart

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria's OPEC Membership: Servitude To The House Of Saud by realjoker(m): 10:49am On Feb 19, 2017
ImadeUReadThis:

It is on record that Nigeria's lowest oil production coincided with Buhari's military junta back in 1984 -1985.

Allow me to go dig up the historic chart
You don't have to dig anything up, you are a confirmed religion bigot and at the same time ethnic jingoist that knows no Jack about how oil industry work but his extreme hatred for the president deluded him in coming up with fallacy and call it fact to serve is co-extremist.
Re: Nigeria's OPEC Membership: Servitude To The House Of Saud by ImadeUReadThis: 10:56am On Feb 19, 2017
realjoker:
You don't have to dig anything up, you are a confirmed religion bigot and at the same time ethnic jingoist that knows no Jack about how oil industry work but his extreme hatred for the president deluded him in coming up with fallacy and call it fact to serve is co-extremist.

My friend I am not you.

The lowest output ever recorded by Nigeria is not under NDA bombing but during the lean years of 1984- 1985 when Buhari cut our oil output at the behest of his Lords and masters in Saudi Arabia.

That is fact!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's OPEC Membership: Servitude To The House Of Saud by owobokiri(m): 11:07am On Feb 19, 2017
realjoker:

You have not said anything meanigful or educative other than raining insults on your imaginery enemies. . Once either Ireal or Saudi Arabia is nentioned, sone of you will jump out of your skins defending what you know nothing about.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's OPEC Membership: Servitude To The House Of Saud by realjoker(m): 11:09am On Feb 19, 2017
ImadeUReadThis:

My friend I am not you.

The lowest output ever recorded by Nigeria is not under NDA bombing but during the lean years of 1984- 1985 when Buhari cut our oil output at the behest of his Lords and masters in Saudi Arabia.

That is fact!
You know no Jack about how oil industry works, and with this lies and half-truth you keep on repeating I am also sure you don't know what is OPEC, what it stand for, how it operates, it aim and objectives.
Re: Nigeria's OPEC Membership: Servitude To The House Of Saud by ImadeUReadThis: 11:21am On Feb 19, 2017
realjoker:
You know no Jack about how oil industry works, and with this lies and half-truth you keep on repeating I am also sure you don't know what is OPEC, what it stand for, how it operates, it aim and objectives.

My friend, OPEC is a cartel formed by countries who have nationalised their oil reserves.

OPEC has shown to favour the selfish whips and caprices of the Saudis before any other member.

Buhari could not convince the Saudis to cut oil outputs when crude was selling lower than $30.

The Saudis were still pumping oil to hurt Iran who recently saw sanctions lifted.

Saudi Arabia dictates oil outputs to fellow members usually by demanding cuts while they keep increasing outputs.

How come our oil output is nearly stagnant since 1971 hovering around less than an average annual increase of just 2% but the Saudis have nearly doubled their outputs from 7million bpd in 1971 to close to 12 million bpd today?

Can you explain this?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's OPEC Membership: Servitude To The House Of Saud by realjoker(m): 11:29am On Feb 19, 2017
ImadeUReadThis:

My friend, OPEC is a cartel formed by countries who have nationalised their oil reserves.

OPEC has shown to favour the selfish whips and caprices of the Saudis before any other member.

Buhari could not convince the Saudis to cut oil outputs when crude was selling lower than $30.

The Saudis were still pumping oil to hurt Iran who recently saw sanctions lifted.

Saudi Arabia dictates oil outputs to fellow members usually by demanding cuts while they keep increasing outputs.

How come our oil output is nearly stagnant since 1971 hovering around less than an average annual increase of just 2% but the Saudis have nearly doubled their outputs from 7million bpd in 1971 to close to 12 million bpd today?

Can you explain this?
I ain't going to educate you on this, basic knowledge of how oil sector works would have answer your questions, when you are done on educating yourself of how OPEC influence world oil industry then come back here, that is when we can interact on your question, I don't want to be interacting with a dunce that knows nothing about what we are discussing about. And you need to educate yourself on how oil industry works, from the exploration to production and how external affairs affects oil industry.
Re: Nigeria's OPEC Membership: Servitude To The House Of Saud by ImadeUReadThis: 11:41am On Feb 19, 2017
realjoker:
I ain't going to educate you on this, basic knowledge of how oil sector works would have answer your questions, when you are done on educating yourself of how OPEC influence world oil industry then come back that is when we can interact on your question I don't want to be interacting with a dunce that knows nothing about what we discussing about. And you need to educate yourself on how oil industry works, from the exploration to production and how external affairs affects oil industry.

OPEC is already obsolete as a major oil pricing decider.

Last OPEC meeting which came out with a resolution to cut prices showed that members where not abiding to their own resolution especially the Saudis and Iran.

Russia is still the highest oil producer surpassing the Saudis.

US shale oil is looking very promising and the US has since lifted export ban on US crude.

Venezuela and Nigerian crude are being bypassed since Obama over politics and diplomacy in preference to US share oil.

The US still maintains Saudi oil exports to shore the petrol dollars but anytime soon (when shale production meets US consumer demands) watch how fast the US will dump Saudi Arabia.

The US has even began demobilizing their military assets from the ME in preference to the north Atlantic corridor (to check Russia), the Pacific and SE Asia (to check China) and Africa (to establish a head start with AFRICOM) .

All these are signs that the Saudi oil reserves is no longer a strategic energy source for the US and the latest ponzi scheme by ARMACO (Saudi owned oil company) to sell off 10% of Saudi oil has shown that the Saudis are cashing out of their dwindling oil reserves. This was also another reason for the Gulf gas pipeline to diversify from crude and replace Russia as a major supplier of gas to Europe thus the motive behind the crisis in Shiite controlled (and Iran aligned) Syria and Iraq.

But it all came tumbling down when Putin showed up in Syria and Hillary lost to Trump.

Should I go on educating you?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's OPEC Membership: Servitude To The House Of Saud by ImadeUReadThis: 11:46am On Feb 19, 2017
owobokiri:

You have not said anything meanigful or educative other than raining insults on your imaginery enemies. . Once either Ireal or Saudi Arabia is nentioned, sone of you will jump out of your skins defending what you know nothing about.

The MSS indoctrination is fully at work with our Yoruba Muslims.

This is what goes on in every northern campus where their lecturers spend more time programming their brains towards being anti western and anti Israeli at the detriment of their basic education

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria's OPEC Membership: Servitude To The House Of Saud by realjoker(m): 12:31pm On Feb 19, 2017
ImadeUReadThis:

OPEC is already obsolete as a major oil pricing decider.
Lolz.. in your wild dream.
Before OPEC oil cut agreement, oil was trading around $40 days after OPEC deal it skyrocketed to $56

Last OPEC meeting which came out with a resolution to cut prices showed that members where not abiding to their own resolution especially the Saudis and Iran.
You are also wrong on this. Saudi is the first to comply with the agreement. Iran, Nigeria and Libya are all exempted from the oil cut deal so u are wrong on this too, it was widely reported that this is the best oil cut deal ever executed by OPEC

Russia is still the highest oil producer surpassing the Saudis.
This tell you that OPEC can't no longer dictate oil prices alone hence, they aligned with Russia to cut world oil glut by reducing output which Russia agreed to cut oil output by 300,000bpd. And this tell us that OPEC is still in place, more oil producing nation are willing to join OPEC. Kazakhstan, Angola have recently shown interest of joining OPEC.

US shale oil is looking very promising and the US has since lifted export ban on US crude.
Lolz. Keep on believing on western propaganda. US and its western allies will keep on depending on oil imports for decades to come.

Venezuela and Nigerian crude are being bypassed since Obama over politics and diplomacy in preference to US share oil.
Nationalization of US and western investment in Venezuela due to their communism economic and massive corruption of last administration is the cause of that.

The US still maintains Saudi oil exports to shore the petrol dollars but anytime soon (when shale production meets US consumer demands) watch how fast the US will dump Saudi Arabia.
They did not just maintain oil importation from Saudi and its Gulf allies, they increase import from them. This tells you that their shale propaganda is a faux. The more they increase shale production the more their demands rise, the more they improve on shale production the more their oil reserves drain.

The US has even began demobilizing their military assets from the ME in preference to the north Atlantic corridor (to check Russia), the Pacific and SE Asia (to check China) and Africa (to establish a head start with AFRICOM) .
Lolz. Trump is currently planning to fight Islamic terrorism alongside Russia and those you love to hate, NATO has also shown interest to fight alongside.

All these are signs that the Saudi oil reserves is no longer a strategic energy source for the US and the latest ponzi scheme by ARMACO (Saudi owned oil company) to sell off 10% of Saudi oil has shown that the Saudis are cashing out of their dwindling oil reserves. This was also another reason for the Gulf gas pipeline to diversify from crude and replace Russia as a major supplier of gas to Europe thus the motive behind the crisis in Shiite controlled (and Iran aligned) Syria and Iraq.
Lolz. For decades to come, US and its western allies will keep on depending on oil and gas importation, moreover US and western countries are not the major buyers of Saudi and it Gulf allies crude oil, their major crude oil buyers are those SE Asia Giants. And the decision to list Saudi Aramco is born out of western appeal to make it public.

But it all came tumbling down when Putin showed up in Syria and Hillary lost to Trump.

Should I go on educating you?
Lolz. It is not the Saudi choice to be a major exporter of gas to Europe it is the choice of the western countries to diversify their gas source, they are extremely looking for ways of diversify their sources of gas supplies or why did you think US and its western allies supporting Sunni Muslims?, they know one day Russia will hold them to ransom, hence Russia back the Shia to truncate their dream of getting gas from other sources.

This shows that you are not completely ignorant about how oil industry works.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's OPEC Membership: Servitude To The House Of Saud by ImadeUReadThis: 1:07pm On Feb 19, 2017
realjoker:

Saudi is the first to comply with the agreement. Iran, Nigeria and Libya are all exempted from the oil cut deal so u are wrong on this, it was widely reported that this is the best oil cut deal ever executed by OPEC

This tell you that OPEC can't no longer dictate oil prices alone hence, they aligned with Russia to cut world oil glut by reducing output which Russia agreed to cut oil output by 300,000bpd. And this tell us that OPEC is still in place more oil producing nation are still willing to join OPEC. Kazakhstan, Angola have shown interest of joining OPEC.

Sorry but you contradicted yourself with these two conflicting points above

If the Saudis and OPEC need cash strapped Russia which is not an OPEC member to cut productions, that should tell you that OPEC on its own cannot dictate oil pricing.

But most importantly this gives us a preview into the financial shambles the kingdom has fallen into. If for most parts of the last 3yrs the Saudis were willing to see oil prices crash in order to hurt Iran, why all of a sudden will they now even call on Russia to cut outputs?

Lolz. Keep on believing on western propaganda. US and its western allies will keep on depending on oil exports for decades to come.

Saudi ARMACO announcing it's intention to float IPOs flopped in the west with little or nobody paying interest but served as an indication that the Saudis know their oil boom has finally come to an end. By floating IPOs in the west, the Saudis hope to get US protection and loyalty guaranteed long after the oil boon bursts so that they (Saudi criminal syndicate claiming royalty) can still enjoy Washington backing and support.

Nationalization of US and western investment in Venezuela due to their communism economic and massive corruption of last administration is the cause of that.

Saudi oil reserves are nationalised as well since the 60's. Same thing for Nigeria and virtually every OPEC member nation. Or is OPEC attendance not by govt officials?

They did not just maintain oil importation from Saudi
and its Gulf allies, they increase import from them. This tells you that their shale propaganda is a faux. The more they increase shale production the more their demands rise, the more they improve on shale production the their oil reserves drain.

Stop acting stupid. US has the world's largest coal and shale reserves and this is an old established fact.

Lolz. Trump is currently planning to fight Islamic terrorism alongside Russia and those you love to hate, NATO has also shown interest to fight alongside.
Yeah just as they used the same war on terror to topple Saddam, the Taliban in Afghanistan that is how they will use it to shut down the Saudi criminal wahabbi racket.

Lolz. For decades to come, US and its western allies will keep on depending on oil and gas importation, moreover US and western countries are not the major buyers of Saudi and it Gulf allies crude oil, their major crude oil buyers are those SE Asia Giants. And the decision to list Saudi Aramco is born out of western appeal to make it public.
The US will fix that by ensuring war consumes the ME from where they will take the place of the Saudis in supplying both Europe and Asia their shale oil.

Lolz. It is not the Saudi choice to be a major exporter of gas to Europe it is the choice of the western countries to diversify their gas source, they are extremely looking for ways of diversify their sources of gas supplies, they know one day Russia will hold them to ransom, hence Russia back the Shia to truncate their dream of getting gas from other sources.
The Saudi crude reserves is tapped out and has just a couple years at most. The reason they wanted to offload their dead ARMACO on the market. The Gulf states are however very rich in natural gas reserves and they were hoping to diversify from crude to gas with all this ISIS nonsense.

This shows that you are not completely ignorant about how oil industry works.

You just exposed your surface level of understanding of a very dynamic and complete industry.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's OPEC Membership: Servitude To The House Of Saud by realjoker(m): 2:27pm On Feb 19, 2017
ImadeUReadThis:

Sorry but you contradicted yourself with these two conflicting points above
lolz. I am sure I have already derail from your purpose of this thread which is to wail profusely.

If the Saudis and OPEC need cash strapped Russia which is not an OPEC member to cut productions, that should tell you that OPEC on its own cannot dictate oil pricing.
It is the Cash strapped Russia that rally round ME to persuadé both Saudi and Iran to agree on cut agreement, if you are a follower of oil market you will know this.

But most importantly this gives us a preview into the financial shambles the kingdom has fallen into. If for most parts of the last 3yrs the Saudis were willing to see oil prices crash in order to hurt Iran, why all of a sudden will they now even call on Russia to cut outputs?

Lolz. Keep on wallowing in your ignorance. A simple search of 'Saudi' on the Internet will make you realize the level of mega projects going on in the kingdom. Saudi and its Gulf allies still keep on recording massive trade surplus even in the face of low crude oil price.

Saudi ARMACO announcing it's intention to float IPOs flopped in the west with little or nobody paying interest but served as an indication that the Saudis know their oil boom has finally come to an end. By floating IPOs in the west, the Saudis hope to get US protection and loyalty guaranteed long after the oil boon bursts so that they (Saudi criminal syndicate claiming royalty) can still enjoy Washington backing and support.
Keep on dwelling on self deceit. Saudi owns sizable US bonds and assets any shake up to status quo will lead to economic turmoil in America. Or why did you think Trump soften his stance on Saudi and its Gulf allies?

Saudi oil reserves are nationalised as well since the 60's. Same thing for Nigeria and virtually every OPEC member nation. Or is OPEC attendance not by govt officials?
lolz, you need to update your primitive way of seeing international trade and politics. Except in Saudi alone, western companies have massive investment running into 100s of billions dollars in all OPEC nations Venezuela(a communist nation) inclusive

Stop acting stupid. US has the world's largest coal and shale reserves and this is an old established fact.
Lolz what is their recoverable shale reserves? And for coal reserves, the chaff in Trump and those Rightist eyes will soon clear. They will soon realize that The death of coal industry as come and the final burial ceremony is imminent. I know America and other industrialized nation generates most of their energy from coal, but the question is does that stop them from importing crude oil and gas?
If you think there is any substitute for crude oil in sight you are the biggest dummy. Or do you think crude oil is only used to power vehicles alone.

Yeah just as they used the same war on terror to topple Saddam, the Taliban in Afghanistan that is how they will use it to shut down the Saudi criminal wahabbi racket.

Lolz. if only dreams were horses.

The US will fix that by ensuring war consumes the ME from where they will take the place of the Saudis in supplying both Europe and Asia their shale oil.
America that can not meet his crude oil requirement is the one that will feed Europe and Asia? This your assertion has made me to come to term that I am chatting with a Dunderhead and validate my earlier stance. Do you think that you will just wake up one morning and start pumping so, so millions of crude oil per day?

The Saudi crude reserves is tapped out and has just a couple years at most. The reason they wanted to offload their dead ARMACO on the market. The Gulf states are however very rich in natural gas reserves and they were hoping to diversify from crude to gas with all this ISIS nonsense.

[quote] with this, Honestly there is no basis for arguing with you, you know nothing about oil industry I swear and I repeat again, you know no Jack about oil industry, you have been dwelling on fallacy and ignorance. A simple research on the Internet would have safe you this mess.

[quote]

You just exposed your surface level of understanding of a very dynamic and complete industry.
Guy, you need to stop dwelling on self deceit and delusion grandeur. You have a big asset with you which is your device, try and educate yourself on the subject of our discourse.
There is what we called estimated recoverable barrels of crude oil from every oil well, field and country at large educate yourself on this. I am only replying u just to let those who would have fall prey of your shallow mindenss to know that you know no Jack about oil industry.
Re: Nigeria's OPEC Membership: Servitude To The House Of Saud by realjoker(m): 2:47pm On Feb 19, 2017
owobokiri:

Lolz. Keep on spreading the gospel of hate. And if you believe all the epistle that he has been posting you are not better than him, you are both Dunderheads.
Re: Nigeria's OPEC Membership: Servitude To The House Of Saud by realjoker(m): 3:02pm On Feb 19, 2017
ImadeUReadThis:

The MSS indoctrination is fully at work with our Yoruba Muslims.

This is what goes on in every northern campus where their lecturers spend more time programming their brains towards being anti western and anti Israeli at the detriment of their basic education

lolz.. This has also validate my earlier stance that you are nothing but a disgruntled religion bigot.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's OPEC Membership: Servitude To The House Of Saud by ImadeUReadThis: 3:09pm On Feb 19, 2017
realjoker:
lolz.. This has also validate my earlier stance that you are nothing but a disgruntled religion bigot.

In what way?

The MSS has a rich history of political activism since it was formed on ABU campus in the early 70's by none other than El Zackzacky whom you myopic sunnis now hate
The Sharia issue is as old as Islam itself in Nigeria. It was the aim of Usman dan Fodio to implement it in the northern emirates in order to reform what was perceived as the lax practice of Islam among the rulers.

Matthew Kukah supported this view when he wrote: “The basis of the Jihad of Usman dan Fodio was the establishment of an Islam State based on the Sharia” (Kukah: Religion, Politics and Power…p115).

While the Constituent Assembly was debating the issue, Muslims outside sought to enforce their argument by engaging in threats and riots to support the idea that if the Sharia was not accepted they were going to make the country ungovernable. (no be today!)

The Muslim Students Society (MSS) for example demonstrated at Ahmadu Bello University, pleading with the Assembly men to “stop opposition to Sharia or take full responsibility for putting the entire nation in chaos”.

(I can bet my neck that Sanusi Lamido Sanusi was an active member of this group when he was a student at ABU)

In April 1979, protesters took to the streets in Zaria and Kaduna with such banners as: No Sharia, No Peace, No Sharia, No Constitution, No Sharia, No Muslim, No Nigeria, etc. (see Sylvanus Udoidem, “Religion in the Political Life of Nigeria, in F. U. Okafor Ed. p162).

From what has been said so far about the Sharia issue, two conclusions could be reached namely:

(1) That the Sharia debate has both religious and political implications. On the religious grounds, it sought for the establishment of an Islam state, where an ideal Islamic religion could be practiced. On political grounds, the defenders and the opposers used the debate to gain a political following either as the defenders of Islam or the protectors of Christianity from Islam domination.

(2) That the Sharia issue is major source of conflict in the Nigerian body polity, is incontestible. It was this Sharia debated that set the stage for the prevalent religio-political conditions that existed at the times that Alhaji Shehu Shagari became the president during the Second Republic (1979-1983).

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's OPEC Membership: Servitude To The House Of Saud by realjoker(m): 3:20pm On Feb 19, 2017
ImadeUReadThis:

In what way?

The MSS has a rich history of political activism since it was formed on ABU campus in the early 70's by none other than El Zackzacky whom you myopic sunnis now hate

Lolz. Keep on doing what you know how to do best, spreading the gospel of hate, incessant wailing to garner likes from your co disgruntled religion extremists and Co-wailers.
If you like copy and paste from today to God knows when it those not change the fact that you are an extremist.
Re: Nigeria's OPEC Membership: Servitude To The House Of Saud by ImadeUReadThis: 3:23pm On Feb 19, 2017
realjoker:
Lolz. Keep on doing what you know how to do best, spreading the gospel of hate, incessant wailing to garner likes from your co disgruntled religion extremists and Co-wailers.

Give up already.

The MSS is more of a political organisation than a benign students religious body.

Facts can be hard at first to digest but given sometime you will embrace it

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's OPEC Membership: Servitude To The House Of Saud by realjoker(m): 3:28pm On Feb 19, 2017
ImadeUReadThis:

Give up already.

The MSS is more of a political organisation than a benign students religious body.

Facts can be hard at first to digest but given sometime you will embrace it
Lolz. That is what your hate filled mind think it is and that doesn't make it a fact.
Re: Nigeria's OPEC Membership: Servitude To The House Of Saud by owobokiri(m): 3:30pm On Feb 19, 2017
Saudi Arabia has been screwing Nigeria for a very a long time. They were the same people that invited Tunde Idiagbon over for "lesser Hajj" or so in order to pave way for a smooth Babangidas coup, making Idiagbon reject their suggestion that he should take up asylum in Saudi after the coup.. They hid Yaradua for ages , while the northern elite reached all sorts of dangerous agreements with Jonathan that chained him down thereafter.., and even when Jonathan finally took over and in his typical naive politics, suggested visiting Saudi for what he called "a thank you visit" to the monarchy for keeping Yaradua, the Saudis shot the idea down almost immediately.. Lets not go into the Sunni vs Shiite mayhem in the north, which is basically a continuation of Saudi vs Iran conflict... For such a small, progressively re-tarded country to have so much influence here tells you a lot about the level of ideological/intellectual paucity that pervades officialdom in Nigeria..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's OPEC Membership: Servitude To The House Of Saud by ImadeUReadThis: 3:32pm On Feb 19, 2017
realjoker:
Lolz. That is what your hate filled mind think it is and that doesn't make it a fact.

You are free to deceive yourself only

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's OPEC Membership: Servitude To The House Of Saud by ImadeUReadThis: 3:37pm On Feb 19, 2017
owobokiri:
Saudi Arabia has been screwing Nigeria for a very a long time. They were the same people that invited Tunde Idiagbon over for "lesser Hajj" or so in order to pave way for a smooth Babangidas coup, making Idiagbon reject their suggestion that he should take up asylum in Saudi after the coup.. They hid Yaradua for ages , while the northern elite reached all sorts of dangerous agreements with Jonathan that chained him down thereafter.., and even when Jonathan finally took over and in his typical naive politics, suggested visiting Saudi for what he called "a thank you visit" to the monarchy for keeping Yaradua, the Saudis shot the idea down almost immediately.. Lets not go into the Sunni vs Shiite mayhem in the north, which is basically a continuation of Saudi vs Iran conflict... For such a small, progressively re-tarded country to have so much influence here tells you a lot about the level of ideological/intellectual paucity that pervades officialdom in Nigeria..

It was normal for Saudi Princes up till the early 80's to grow up side by side from toddler age with a Hausa boy slave of similar age who will later serve as the Prince personal body guard.

The north are willing slaves to their Arab masters especially the saudis

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's OPEC Membership: Servitude To The House Of Saud by realjoker(m): 3:39pm On Feb 19, 2017
ImadeUReadThis:

You are free to deceive yourself only
Lwkm. You are also free to keep living in your hate filled way of living. And keep on spreading the gospel of hate, you will soon meet your waterloo.
Re: Nigeria's OPEC Membership: Servitude To The House Of Saud by realjoker(m): 3:41pm On Feb 19, 2017
owobokiri:
Lolz. Yes you are doing great. Keep on spreading the gospel of hate.
Re: Nigeria's OPEC Membership: Servitude To The House Of Saud by ImadeUReadThis: 3:42pm On Feb 19, 2017
realjoker:
Lwkm. You are also free to keep living in your hate filled way of living. And keep on spreading the gospel of hate, you will soon meet your waterloo.

If I hear nonsense!

I am very ready for whatever, whenever and wherever by any murafarker!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's OPEC Membership: Servitude To The House Of Saud by realjoker(m): 3:48pm On Feb 19, 2017
ImadeUReadThis:

If I hear nonsense!

I am very ready for whatever, whenever and wherever by any murafarker!
All known bigots don't end well. You will surely meet your waterloo.
Re: Nigeria's OPEC Membership: Servitude To The House Of Saud by ImadeUReadThis: 4:59pm On Feb 19, 2017
realjoker:
All known bigots don't end well. You will surely meet your waterloo.

Just like Buhari abi?
Re: Nigeria's OPEC Membership: Servitude To The House Of Saud by realjoker(m): 5:41pm On Feb 19, 2017
ImadeUReadThis:

But dude let me ask you some questions, when you say OPEC is obsolete, when you say America will destabilize ME just to take their place in oil exportation to SE Asian and Europe, when you claim USA will do away with crude oil importation and revert to coal, and when you say that Buhari and Saudi are the reason why we are unable to grow our oil production while Saudi and other reasonable natoins have increased their output, and so on. Did you say all these for saying sake?, wailing sake? or were you influenced by your hatred infested mind? or just to garner likes from your Co-wailers?
Because I am still yet to come to term that a normal human being that have little knowledge about international politics will say all what you have been spewing. Are you a pay per post agent, or blinded by hate? Is this how you play your opposition.
And I have a word of advice for you.
Free your mind from hatred, religious and tribal fanatism. They will only beget you to lose your sense of sane reasoning. Be a little bit Liberal.
And also try to educate yourself on OPEC (you know little about it), America shale industry, international politics, Arab spring, world oil and gas reserves plus their peak estimated production of most of this reserves, and most importantly, you also need to know about America recoverable shale crude oil reserves and their estimated peak production level and also try to educate yourself what led to why Nigeria could not massively increase it crude oil production(we have capacity to pump as much as 2.9m bpd but producing below 2m bpd)
Peace.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News!! Photos Of Buhari In Mecca Exposed Online / Anambra Election: Apc’s Ifeanyi Ubah Smuggled Out Of PDP Secretariat / REVEALED! Destruction Of APC In Anambra Elections.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.