Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,802,007 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:48 AM

Pictures Of Enugu City - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures Of Enugu City (47007 Views)

Cleaners Mopping The Floor Of Enugu Airport / PHOTOS: The Beauty Of Enugu City / New Pictures Of Completed Sections Of Enugu-port Harcourt Express (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Enugu City by sjeezy8: 2:15am On Dec 11, 2009
THE.AMAKA:

you mean THE_AMAKA?
if youre talking about that one, yeah thats a fake. lol
dont mind him or her or whoever. he/she wants a peice of my fame too. grin
its the same person that is taking mama_gee and pretending to be the actual mama-gee
also the same person taking Rhymz pretending to be rhymz.
lol dont mind that clown.
if thats him, what thread was he/she in?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-364252.0.html lol
Re: Pictures Of Enugu City by THEAMAKA1: 2:16am On Dec 11, 2009
lol
(for my last post of the day)
YEAH!! what a fake.   cheesy
some people are that jobless. lol
Re: Pictures Of Enugu City by OgidiBoy(m): 2:16am On Dec 11, 2009
chiogo:

Probably next yr. It's been a while.

I'm going next year too, I was supposed to go with them this year but I couldn't save up enough money for my ticket cry
Re: Pictures Of Enugu City by jona2: 2:44am On Dec 11, 2009
Re: Pictures Of Enugu City by jona2: 3:26am On Dec 11, 2009
Re: Pictures Of Enugu City by chiogo(f): 3:41am On Dec 11, 2009
OgidiBoy:

I'm going next year too, I was supposed to go with them this year but I couldn't save up enough money for my ticket cry
lol even with your $10/hr job?
Re: Pictures Of Enugu City by OgidiBoy(m): 3:50am On Dec 11, 2009
chiogo:

lol even with your $10/hr job?

Yes even with my $10/hr security job angry angry. I'll save as much as I can, and when I'm acting like a big man in Nigeria next year who will know angry tongue
Re: Pictures Of Enugu City by chiogo(f): 3:56am On Dec 11, 2009
OgidiBoy:

Yes even with my $10/hr security job angry angry. I'll save as much as I can, and when I'm acting like a big man in Nigeria next year who will know angry tongue
LOOOOOOL, so you're one of those broke-a**es forming rich in naija? Better save to buy books for the next semester.
My job pays lower than that. angry
Re: Pictures Of Enugu City by OgidiBoy(m): 4:00am On Dec 11, 2009
chiogo:

LOOOOOOL, so you're one of those broke-a**es forming rich in naija? Better save to buy books for the next semester.
My job pays lower than that. angry

I'm applying for Pell grant next semester, I'm tied of working and spending the whole money on tuition and books. Pray for me abeg.
Re: Pictures Of Enugu City by chiogo(f): 4:05am On Dec 11, 2009
OgidiBoy:

I'm applying for Pell grant next semester, I'm tied of working and spending the whole money on tuition and books. Pray for me abeg.
lol isn't it the same for everyone? grin But I'll pray for you. lol

Ah, my celtics are playing. tongue
Re: Pictures Of Enugu City by OgidiBoy(m): 4:06am On Dec 11, 2009
Who are the playing tonight sef
Re: Pictures Of Enugu City by chiogo(f): 4:12am On Dec 11, 2009
The Wizards.
Re: Pictures Of Enugu City by OgidiBoy(m): 4:49am On Dec 11, 2009
They'll kick you'll azzz tongue tongue
Re: Pictures Of Enugu City by chiogo(f): 4:51am On Dec 11, 2009
That's what you always say. And then we win.

Naw, it's looking like we're gonna go to OT. Not feeling this game.
Re: Pictures Of Enugu City by OgidiBoy(m): 5:33am On Dec 11, 2009
Celtics won angry angry Big freaking deal tongue tongue
Re: Pictures Of Enugu City by Odunnu: 6:26am On Dec 11, 2009
Enugu is xceptionally beautiful.What with d centenary celebration preparation in top gear.Its a state u whr u'l enjoy maximum comfort at affordabl price
Re: Pictures Of Enugu City by Odunnu: 6:26am On Dec 11, 2009
Enugu is xceptionally beautiful.What with d centenary celebration preparation in top gear.Its a state u whr u'l enjoy maximum comfort at affordabl price
Re: Pictures Of Enugu City by omoleka(f): 6:30am On Dec 11, 2009
What a beautiful city! By the way, Jona u definitely added a lot of fun to this thread, lol!
Re: Pictures Of Enugu City by Nobody: 9:24am On Dec 11, 2009
Enugu is a very beautiful place 2behold.it is one of d fastest growin economies of d country.one of d states where u can get d best quality social services.wel developd wit highly responsible and wel civilizd citizens.incase u did't knw b4,pilotin d affairs is d best GOVERNOR ever produced in d history of nigeria barr sullivan chime d CUTEST governor.tinkin of d best hotels,restaurants,schools,finest gals,cutest guys around corner,TINK ENUGU.I am proudly 042, HAPPY CENTENARY CELEBRATION!!
Re: Pictures Of Enugu City by Igwe9(m): 9:36am On Dec 11, 2009
The only Jona i know was swallowed by a big fish and vomited out after three days , unharmed.
who knows if this one would pass the same experience and still come out, unharmed.

But Jona, lemme ask you, what's your take on this topic, are you saying that Enugu i know is not finer than your state? smiley
Re: Pictures Of Enugu City by Golfer: 10:56am On Dec 11, 2009
Is there really the Palms shopping mall in Enugu?
Re: Pictures Of Enugu City by XKZ(m): 11:44am On Dec 11, 2009
Nchara:

Enugu is taking shape. Together with its rolling hills and breathtaking landscape, it is a city to watch. Kudos to the governor. He is working silently unlike others who invite the press to come and see what they are doing.

Maybe the others are making noise because they have something (however little) to make noise about.
I was in Enugu last week, after about 21 months, and noticed only minimal changes. The major change being the demolishing of the archaic bus stop shelters and construction of modern looking ones, which are rather flimsy (the Nokia types you find on campuses like UNILAG & UNN; traffic on campus is less compared to what you find on urban city center roads) unlike the sturdy ones in PH (which I also visited last week, after 18 months, and I could see significant changes; and yes they do have more income/oil money).

In addition pot holes on existing urban roads have been filled  up and the dualization of Agbani Road is on going although at snail speed (but faster than HITECH on Lekki-Epe Expressway). New Modern Buses (Lagos BRT type, they even have the same colour) and taxis have been introduced. The Enugu WiFi is on ground, as for coverage, I couldn't find it in Idaw River Layout, Achara layout, or Gariki. I was made to understand that along that axis you'll only find it in Maryland.

The State University (ESUTECH) has been out of session  most of the year as its staff embarked on two strikes due to unpaid salaries. At the time of my visit they were being owed 5 months. This is an Institution that did not go on strike from 2001-2008 (They do not join ASUU strikes).

Ex-Gov Chimaroke Nnamani may have corruptly enriched himself at the expenses of the state during his tenor but everyone could point out  projects he executed, even if they claim they were mainly in Nkanuland. As for Gov Chime, I believe he has  a plan and it is only fair to judge him after he submits his exam papers at the end of the term.

And yes, Enugu is a beautiful place (it's where Anambra-rians go to hide their money grin). It's great to have people hyping it.
Re: Pictures Of Enugu City by XKZ(m): 11:50am On Dec 11, 2009
Re: Pictures Of Enugu City by cvibe: 12:04pm On Dec 11, 2009
Maybe
Re: Pictures Of Enugu City by Okwyjesus(m): 12:29pm On Dec 11, 2009
This is the most beautiful thing about Enugu State.

Re: Pictures Of Enugu City by winta2007(m): 1:13pm On Dec 11, 2009
Enugu di ok,
Re: Pictures Of Enugu City by jona2: 4:22pm On Dec 11, 2009
http://odili.net/news/source/2009/nov/11/309.html
[b]
Osuofia: Actors desert Enugu
By Ogbonna Amadi, Benjamin Njoku, Lagos & Tony Edike  O! Na IGBO REPORT AM
Wednesday, November 11, 2009

ENUGU—POLICE commands in the South-Eastern states have been placed on red alert to fish out the kidnappers of Nollywood star actor and comedian, Nkem Owoh.

He was abducted on the Enugu– Port Harcourt Expressway on Monday.
The rise in kidnapping in the South-East has forced a majority of the actors who are based in Enugu to relocate to Lagos for safety. Owoh, who was residing in Enugu with his family, had relocated to Lagos some months ago.
“How can we continue staying here, when today you hear that they abducted Pete Edochie and tomorrow you hear that it is Osuofia? Who knows who they will kidnap tomorrow? A top actor, who wanted his name veiled, said, adding that the abductors had contacted Owoh’s family, demanding N15m, which they insisted must be paid without delay.
Although the whereabouts of the abducted movie star is unknown, a senior police officer attached to Zone 9 Police Headquarters in Umuahia, Abia State, told Vanguard on telephone yesterday that the authorities had asked all commands in the zone to rescue the actor without delay.
He said the spate of kidnapping in the zone had become a major embarrassment to the police and as such would not continue to watch “these enemies” to terrorise innocent citizens for their selfish ends.
Owoh, popularly called Osuofia, was reportedly abducted on the Enugu–Port Harcourt Expressway on Monday while travelling to Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
There were, however, conflicting reports yesterday regarding the exact spot where he was seized. While some said he was abducted between Aba and Port Harcourt, others said he was picked from his car at Lokpanta in Abia State.

Enugu State Police Command ’s spokesman, Mr. Ebere Amaraizu, when contacted yesterday said from reports Owoh was abducted at Lokpanta, which is under the Abia State Command . He did not give further details.
Meanwhile, reports said the kidnappers are demanding N15 million for his release.
While some newspapers reported yesterday that the kidnappers are demanding N45million, sources in the movie industry said the demand is N15m.
It was also gathered that Owoh’ kidnap has created fears among local movie actors who now see themselves as potential targets of kidnappers.
Two months ago, another popular actor, Pete Edochie, was abducted in Onitsha, Anambra State, but was released unconditionally after a day in captivity.

[/b]
Re: Pictures Of Enugu City by OgidiBoy(m): 5:59am On Dec 12, 2009
More pictures pls enough with the talking angry
Re: Pictures Of Enugu City by skyone(m): 9:47am On Dec 12, 2009
Honestly JONA IS number one comedian on nairaland

Very funny chap.
Re: Pictures Of Enugu City by Nobody: 11:09am On Dec 12, 2009
Kudos to the governor but pressing and embarrassing issues i'l suggest he attend are the cases of kidnapping & armed robbery.Enugu may have good investment drive but investors get scared away in an unsecured environment.Everything seems to be working in lagos because there many meagre jobs that the youths engage in and indigenes do not really cause much trouble as compared to SS/SE.I commend the giant stride of the governor
Re: Pictures Of Enugu City by Theblessed(f): 6:15pm On Dec 12, 2009
~Bluetooth:

Kudos to the governor but pressing and embarrassing issues i'l suggest he attend are the cases of kidnapping & armed robbery.Enugu may have good investment drive but investors get scared away in an unsecured environment.Everything seems to be working in lagos because there many meagre jobs that the youths engage in and indigenes do not really cause much trouble as compared to SS/SE.I commend the giant stride of the governor

[b]Hey man, a point of correct here!  Because, I've seen many people keep making this mistake I feel its time it's corrected. 

I noticed most Nigerians have no understanding of the of directions on the compass otherwise known as the Cardinal point as a result, don't understand Nigerian map and locations of their respective States, Towns and Villages on it hence, the mistakes.

By definition, the Cardinal Point is: One of the four principal directions on a compass: North, South, East and West.

Evidently, school geography teaches us this but I understand not many of us got there or learned that at school. Yes, in Geography we have Four Cardinal Points:  North, South, East and West and anything in between these points are referred to as:

North East, North West, South East, South West.

It irritates me when I see people referring to the South as South South because that's where I come from. 

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS SOUTH SOUTH instead, one could say FURTHER SOUTH OR FAR SOUTH.

Yes, if we are talking in Pigeon English everyone would understand and no offence but when you are speaking or writing simple English, it's another thing. Please can we deviate from spreading or contaminating innocent minds with bad grammar and sentences since Nairaland is an educative/informative medium.
[/b]
Re: Pictures Of Enugu City by mistercee: 10:35pm On Dec 12, 2009
I know that Enugu city is more beautiful than what i saw in the pictures.They need to hire the photographer that took the pictures of Calaber city to take the real pictures of Enugu State and show it to everybody in NL.PLS we need more pictures of Enugu state and other states.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

TBS BRT Bus Terminus Lagos: Is This The Best Bus Station In Nigeria? / Danfo Slams A Skater On Highway In Lagos / Boeing 737 Plane Falls Into St John River In USA; 21 Injured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.