Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,472 members, 7,801,194 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:12 PM

3 Good Reasons Why We're All Glad Valentine's Day Is Over - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 3 Good Reasons Why We're All Glad Valentine's Day Is Over (391 Views)

6 States Where Free Condoms Will Be Distributed On Valentine’s Day (names) / The Reality Behind Hmosexuality In Nigeria We're All Part Of But Fail To Accept / 11 Things Nigerian Girls Do When Valentine Day Is Close (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Good Reasons Why We're All Glad Valentine's Day Is Over by michaelpower: 8:10pm On Feb 18, 2017
When I was at the peak of my online dating action, I was floored by how women would become MUCH more direct around Valentine's Day.

I'd get more messages from women than usual.

Women who had dropped off the map would suddenly write or call out of nowhere. You know, just to "say 'hey' and 'catch up'".

And women I wrote to would not only respond even more often than usual, they wanted to cut to the chase more quickly too.

It wasn't at all uncommon for women to push right past the "e-mail phase" and lengthy phone conversations. They just wanted to maximize their chances at meeting a guy and hopefully not be left sitting home alone on Valentine's Day.

And mind you, these women were often the particularly attractive ones. The self-imposed pressure, ironically enough, seemed to be even higher the hotter the women were.

Seriously, I can tell you with a straight face that almost everyone feels more stress due to Valentine's Day than they do joy.

Now don't get me wrong. If you had this amazing "pleasure dome" experience Saturday night which sparked an amazing connection with the greatest woman you've ever met and you end up living happily ever after, that's great.

But if that indeed describes your reality, know this: You're in a slim minority.

Overwhelmingly, for most people Valentine's Day sucks...and it's almost as if by design, weirdly enough.

I mean, geez. Let's assume for a second that as a guy Valentine's Day actually meets the expectations presented in those diamond commercials that ran nonstop the past couple of weeks.

Then what? At BEST, you've only groveled to a chick by trying to "buy her affection"...all in hopes of getting a kiss at the end.

What is up with every single jewelry commercial? They ALL invariably pitch the idea of spending big money on a trinket--all for the sake of somehow getting your own wife or girlfriend to actually kiss you, for once.

I'm telling you, if you know the first rule about advertising there can only be ONE reason every single jewelry store chain cuts their commercials from the same pattern: It SELLS.

That's right. Encouraging men to be pathetic is a very lucrative venture these days, obviously.

So I've made my point. Even when it all goes exactly as expected, Valentine's Day is painful to watch, let alone experience.

Well, thankfully all of the annual V-Day hoopla is now gone, at least for another year.

But see, that's where the GOOD NEWS shines through.

Ah yes...the week or so AFTER Valentine's Day is arguably the most primo opportunity you are going to get all year long to get dates with amazing women.

Why? Here are three straightforward reasons:

1) If Valentine's Day Didn't Go Well For Women, They're Bummed

Assuming a woman even HAD a date on Valentine's Day, there are no guarantees it was a "fairy tale".

And let me level with you. A LOT of really sharp women are left stone cold dateless on February 14th.

For any single woman who didn't get a date for Valentine's Day, the weight is immense. They feel left out, like they MISSED out.

Let's just call it like it is: they feel forgotten.

This means that they are going to be all about getting rid of that pain. Nothing would hit the spot better than meeting a great guy, when she least expects it. That would be, oh, around TODAY or shortly thereafter.

Which brings us to the second point...

Read the full story here: http://www.relationshiptalkforum.com/blogs/dating-and-seduction-guide/1567-3-good-reasons-why-we-re-all-glad-valentine-s-day-is-over

Re: 3 Good Reasons Why We're All Glad Valentine's Day Is Over by Nobody: 8:24pm On Feb 18, 2017
cheesy
Re: 3 Good Reasons Why We're All Glad Valentine's Day Is Over by michaelpower: 9:36pm On Feb 18, 2017
True...
Re: 3 Good Reasons Why We're All Glad Valentine's Day Is Over by michaelpower: 8:08pm On Feb 20, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Need Help / The Type Of Love Nigerians Don't Value / How To Effectively Catch A Cheating Partner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.