Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:23 AM

Xenophobia: S/africans Attack Nigerian Businesses - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Xenophobia: S/africans Attack Nigerian Businesses (20696 Views)

Xenophobia: South Africans Attack Pakistanis, Loot Their Shops (Video) / Xenophobia: Nigerian Man Laments As South Africans Attack, Loot Properties (Pixs / Robbers Attack Nigerian On Vacation In Mexico, Steal His IPhone (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xenophobia: S/africans Attack Nigerian Businesses by LordOfNaira: 12:17pm On Feb 19, 2017
davidif:

I heard its because Nigerians are into several nefarious activities over there like drugs, prostitution and scamming.

I have heard about it too. I have a South African friend who thinks all Igbos are drug dealers and manufacturers of fake drugs. Then, I had a girlfriend who was half British half South African. The day I traced my ancestry to Nigeria and told her was the day she broke up with me. She thinks all Nigerians are into one bad thing or the other.

But then, I think on no condition should South Africans be given the liberty to take the law into their hands. The government should either find a way of protecting Nigerians or putting in place strict measures when issuing visas to Nigerians.
Re: Xenophobia: S/africans Attack Nigerian Businesses by valx2: 12:20pm On Feb 19, 2017
salbis:
Please come back home. We have vast land to accommodate us.
And suffer with you in a dead country?

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: S/africans Attack Nigerian Businesses by Zedoo(m): 12:24pm On Feb 19, 2017
quiverfull:
Extremisms rooted in deep inferiority complexes. Our Government should categorically tell Zuma that if they do not protect the lives and properties of Nigerians in their country, MTN, Shoprite and co investments may go up in flames.

Should tell, to, that if, may.....

Too much talk has been our problem till date
Re: Xenophobia: S/africans Attack Nigerian Businesses by joe120120(m): 12:31pm On Feb 19, 2017
Alphasoar:
Port Harcourt,
Feb. 18, 2017 (NAN)

The Nigerian Community in South Africa have confirmed attacks and looting of Nigerian-owned businesses in Pretoria West on Saturday.
Mr Ikechukwu Anyene, President, Nigeria Union, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on telephone from Pretoria, South Africa, that the attacks began at 4.00am.
He said that the union had reported the incident to the Nigeria mission and South African police.
“ As we speak, five buildings with Nigerian businesses, including a church have been looted and burned by South Africans.
“ One of the buildings is a mechanic garage with 28 cars under repairs, with other vital documents, were burned during the attack.
“ Also, the pastor of the church was wounded and is in the hospital receiving treatment,” he said.
Anyene said the union had informed Nigerians in South Africa to be vigilant in the face of renewed xenophobic attacks.
According to him, the union received information that there will be xenophobic attacks against foreigners on Feb. 22 and Feb. 23.
“ We began taking precautionary measures when the incident took place today.
“ The attack in Pretoria West is purely xenophobic and criminal attack because they loot the shops and homes before burning them,” he said.
Anyene called on the Federal Government to persuade its South African counterpart to protect Nigerians in their country.
“ These attacks should not be allowed to continue because it is a big setback,” he said.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/02/xenophobia-safricans-attack-nigerian-businesses/

Than MTN should live Nigeria now .if south Africa govt can't provide enable environment. for Nigeria .
Boys fire for fire
do me I do you back
Re: Xenophobia: S/africans Attack Nigerian Businesses by Ugosample(m): 12:48pm On Feb 19, 2017
henrydadon:
I stay in south Africa...tell igbo people to stop selling drug..nigerian are the only foreigner that sell drug here..i cant go out publicly and say am a nigerian because of this... Between every 10 igbo people 5 must be involve in drug dealing..it bad..they should stop...some yoruba boys here are also into yahoo and scamming..haba..why must nigerian also give dem self bad names..

Yoruba are neck deep in Fraud, pimping and drugs too in S.A.
they need to be warned too...

These mofos disgracing us
Re: Xenophobia: S/africans Attack Nigerian Businesses by phynofino: 1:05pm On Feb 19, 2017
LordCenturion:

Wat rubbish u are talking about,u don't reason like a man at all, fraud happen everywhere in the world on daily basis, am talking about ur brothers selling drug to South African children, u are here saying rubbish are u encouraging ur brothers?,am very sure that is either u or any of ur relatives are involved in such act because I don't know why u are so pained for this, is what u guys are doing is good?, damaging their children life..
Shut up I lived in South africa 2006 to 2008 Yorubas are the worst! they are cowards and do not have the courage to sale drugs but they are found in every other crimes in the country.
They are doing login, bank frauds, 9 out of every yoruba guy is into yahoo yahoo,
Yorubas do not have any shop unlike the Igbos who own many sereval business in south africa, from taverns to garages etc
The Igbos into drug is like 4 out of 10 and the decline has continued as more Igbos engage in markets etc
I still have yoruba friends and Igbo friends in SA and i know the ones who always f..k underage and that is the yoruba they like to hide while my igbo brothers love anything that gives them money, if igbo guy sees yourba guy f..king small girl The igbo will rather turn it to business if He is one of the few igbos who run clubs tavern business.
The yorubas go around south africa telling everybody that they are holy while igbos are bad that is why south africans target Igbo People there, I had to leave that country so much hate and I will still visit My guys in CapeTown this holidays so dude don't come and feed us crap here!
You can never find any yoruba Man earning a hones living here unless he is a tailor or hair dress or mechanic they don;t know any other business here than scam.
The Igbos here own servral shops, eateries, stalls, Houses, it is the few ones in drug that makes the headlines

5 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: S/africans Attack Nigerian Businesses by Alphasoar(m): 1:12pm On Feb 19, 2017
joe120120:

Than MTN should live Nigeria now .if south Africa govt can't provide enable environment. for Nigeria .
Boys fire for fire
do me I do you back
I quit get you sir but e go choke well well, diversification never start for Nija now except talk talk.
we are talking about Revenue sir!
Re: Xenophobia: S/africans Attack Nigerian Businesses by slap1(m): 1:36pm On Feb 19, 2017
Nigerians in foreign countries are a bit like almajiris. Derelict, treated badly, but unwilling to return because home is not really where the heart is.
Re: Xenophobia: S/africans Attack Nigerian Businesses by Princedapace(m): 1:44pm On Feb 19, 2017
LordCenturion:

Wat rubbish u are talking about,u don't reason like a man at all, fraud happen everywhere in the world on daily basis, am talking about ur brothers selling drug to South African children, u are here saying rubbish are u encouraging ur brothers?,am very sure that is either u or any of ur relatives are involved in such act because I don't know why u are so pained for this, is what u guys are doing is good?, damaging their children life..

Bro, both internet fraud and drug dealings happen everywhere in the world..

U are so out of this world to pick on one and leave others.. And u are even more out of this world to justify internet fraud acts as a general problem..

Baba, both of them are evil and are the reasons SA people don't like Nigerians..

It seems u are into internet fraud or ur family member is.. I can feel it.. Read the final part of my first comment again, both acts should be condemned..

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: S/africans Attack Nigerian Businesses by teozey111(m): 1:59pm On Feb 19, 2017
Oduduwaa:

God save all Yoruba is South Africa bring them home safely

selfish fella
Re: Xenophobia: S/africans Attack Nigerian Businesses by teozey111(m): 2:06pm On Feb 19, 2017
henrydadon:
I stay in south Africa...tell igbo people to stop selling drug..nigerian are the only foreigner that sell drug here..i cant go out publicly and say am a nigerian because of this... Between every 10 igbo people 5 must be involve in drug dealing..it bad..they should stop...some yoruba boys here are also into yahoo and scamming..haba..why must nigerian also give dem self bad names..
shatap my broda....even Indians there are drug mogule......go to Capetown there are some areas that you can't enter because south Africans sell drugs there.....go to northern cape...polokwani you see fvcking foreigners that are not Nigerians running the street.....
talk wetin you sabi
Re: Xenophobia: S/africans Attack Nigerian Businesses by Nobody: 2:20pm On Feb 19, 2017
i have said it, animals in human skin are being raised in several african countries. the sa govt wont prevent such attacks from happening.
Re: Xenophobia: S/africans Attack Nigerian Businesses by henrydadon(m): 2:20pm On Feb 19, 2017
teozey111:

shatap my broda....even Indians there are drug mogule......go to Capetown there are some areas that you can't enter because south Africans sell drugs there.....go to northern cape...polokwani you see fvcking foreigners that are not Nigerians running the street.....
talk wetin you sabi

Go to hebrew and jules and tell me who is runing the drug game there..igbo
Re: Xenophobia: S/africans Attack Nigerian Businesses by Monkeydeychop: 2:27pm On Feb 19, 2017
I'm simply too scared to come back. I enjoy my safety here abroad. I'll see stories of armed robbers robbing in broad day light or police killing citizens over 20 naira, or numerous kidnappings and cultism. It's so scary man I can't risk my life in a country where life isn't valued. I'd be dead in 2 days for sure.

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: S/africans Attack Nigerian Businesses by wine4dguy: 2:37pm On Feb 19, 2017
The other day in gauteng South Africa I went to a saloon run by Cameroonians, with my South African friends. These South Africans were telling me the barbers were Nigerians, and I didn't bother to tell them otherwise because when xenophobic attacks set in that shop will be a target.
What am saying is that every South Africans call every black foreigner Nigerian.
Am not saying Nigerians are not affected but our people dey hustle legit here
Re: Xenophobia: S/africans Attack Nigerian Businesses by wine4dguy: 2:43pm On Feb 19, 2017
henrydadon:

Go to hebrew and jules and tell me who is runing the drug game there..igbo
Sharrap you don't know what you are saying.. These people cannot differentiate between Nigerians and other Africans so every thing happening is termed Nigerians
Re: Xenophobia: S/africans Attack Nigerian Businesses by Deadvalley001: 2:51pm On Feb 19, 2017
phynofino:

Shut up I lived in South africa 2006 to 2008 Yorubas are the worst! they are cowards and do not have the courage to sale drugs but they are found in every other crimes in the country.
They are doing login, bank frauds, 9 out of every yoruba guy is into yahoo yahoo,
Yorubas do not have any shop unlike the Igbos who own many sereval business in south africa, from taverns to garages etc
The Igbos into drug is like 4 out of 10 and the decline has continued as more Igbos engage in markets etc
I still have yoruba friends and Igbo friends in SA and i know the ones who always f..k underage and that is the yoruba they like to hide while my igbo brothers love anything that gives them money, if igbo guy sees yourba guy f..king small girl The igbo will rather turn it to business if He is one of the few igbos who run clubs tavern business.
The yorubas go around south africa telling everybody that they are holy while igbos are bad that is why south africans target Igbo People there, I had to leave that country so much hate and I will still visit My guys in CapeTown this holidays so dude don't come and feed us crap here!
You can never find any yoruba Man earning a hones living here unless he is a tailor or hair dress or mechanic they don;t know any other business here than scam.
The Igbos here own servral shops, eateries, stalls, Houses, it is the few ones in drug that makes the headlines

You have murdered the animal already.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: S/africans Attack Nigerian Businesses by salbis(m): 2:51pm On Feb 19, 2017
valx2:
And suffer with you in a dead country?
YES!
Re: Xenophobia: S/africans Attack Nigerian Businesses by Abagworo(m): 2:57pm On Feb 19, 2017
phynofino:

The reason Igbos are always attacked is because they flaunt wealth a lot even when they actually have little. Most Igbos lead a quiet lifestyle but the minority noisy criminal ones betray us and the hardworking majority end up being attacked.

That said it is about time Nigeria strike back. South Africa is too small to mess up with our citizens.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: S/africans Attack Nigerian Businesses by tk4rd: 3:00pm On Feb 19, 2017
Alphasoar:

I think they want to drag that "Giant of Africa" title with Nigeria by all means!
Over to the NASS!
WE JUST LOOT ALL SHORITE SHOPS IN NIGERIA DRY, (NO BOMBING OR SETTING ABLAZE), VANDALIZE ALL THE MTN MASTS AND CABLES,, NA DSTV AND GOTV I NEVER KNOW HOW WE GO ATTACK..
WITH THE TOTAL SHUTDOWN OF THE NIGERIAN MARKETS FOR JUST THESE THREE OUTFITS ALONE, THE WHOLE OF SOUTH AFRICA WOULD BE CRIPPLED FOR REAL.
THEY BETTER BE CAREFUL.
Re: Xenophobia: S/africans Attack Nigerian Businesses by tifany89(m): 3:03pm On Feb 19, 2017
henrydadon:
Hypocrisy. U can warn the igbos to stop selling drugs but u can't warn your yoruba brothers to stop scamming people, u see how bright u are. Atleast m sure dey don't force people to buy d drugs unlike dose scamming people of their hard earned money pretentiously. U can make ur point without showing dat u r a bigot okay coz I know yorubas in SA also involve in dat line of business afterall it isn't monopolistic
Re: Xenophobia: S/africans Attack Nigerian Businesses by fkj950ax(m): 3:03pm On Feb 19, 2017
Let's stop lying to ourselves.

Nigerians (SOME) are misbehaving.

See chat between a Nigerian in Pretoria with my friend.

Re: Xenophobia: S/africans Attack Nigerian Businesses by tifany89(m): 3:06pm On Feb 19, 2017
henrydadon:

I dont think you have seen the effect of drugs on people..cocian heroines are very different from weed that we are used to in nigeria..they are capable of destroying lifes..
Why don't u take drugs? Am not holding brief for those selling drugs but it's a thing of choice. Even with the glaring warning on cigarettes about tobacco smokers bring liable to die young,you still see people smoking it like it's food
Re: Xenophobia: S/africans Attack Nigerian Businesses by tifany89(m): 3:13pm On Feb 19, 2017
Adelivinggreat:
Igbos in SA might have open their smelling mouths to annoy their host by saying the developed SA which could have triggered the attack
U really need to grow up. I wonder why people just open deir mouth n spew any rubbish dat comes from deir delayed brain without thinking
Re: Xenophobia: S/africans Attack Nigerian Businesses by Holorunloseyi(m): 3:21pm On Feb 19, 2017
Its an eye 4 an eye,if u are attack back forget government since they arent doing anything to stop it. FIRE 4 FIRE
Re: Xenophobia: S/africans Attack Nigerian Businesses by tifany89(m): 3:32pm On Feb 19, 2017
LordofNairaland:

I have heard about it too. I have a South African friend who thinks all Igbos are drug dealers and manufacturers of fake drugs. Then, I had a girlfriend who was half British half South African. The day I traced my ancestry to Nigeria and told her was the day she broke up with me. She thinks all Nigerians are into one bad thing or the other.

But then, I think on no condition should South Africans be given the liberty to take the law into their hands. The government should either find a way of protecting Nigerians or putting in place strict measures when issuing visas to Nigerians.
Ur gf is not a serious person except ofcourse u r lying. So she is blind to all the great feats n achievements of some Igbos n Nigerians all over the world but choose to believe all Nigerians r fraudster? I can see how bright she is. Coz all d citizens of UK n SA r honest n good individuals n m sure Nigerians r d only ones commiting crime dere. Mtchewwwww smh.Keep deceiving yourself dere.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: S/africans Attack Nigerian Businesses by tifany89(m): 3:36pm On Feb 19, 2017
phynofino:

Thanks my brother for setting the record straight. That's how to go about feeding people false information and lies.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: S/africans Attack Nigerian Businesses by LordCenturion(m): 3:37pm On Feb 19, 2017
phynofino:

With rubbish u just typed, I have discovered that u spent just 2 weeks here and u returned to Nigeria when ur passport expired, if not u won't be spewing jagons here, let me lecture u a bit, I have never met yoruba selling drugs to South African children except igbo, as for ur claim of yahoo yahoo, I concur with u,but only few young yorubas are into yahoo,but they did everything codedly unlike lousy igbos, who always rooming the street, making noise as if they are in onitsha market,adults yoruba people have investment here, most of them are millionaire because they have been here before South African economy stumble, and some yorubas are doing security jobs here which ur brothers can't do because they want fast money, some yorubas are doing a lots of businesses like helping people to transfer money back home while some are pastors, as u know that yorubas are few here unlike ur brothers, every igbo engaged in selling drugs and using those children for prostitution, not that they tell me, I have witnessed all this myself and everyone knows that drugs business are growing and getting worst among ur brothers,the evidence is Malaysia, India etc, they were very lucky that south African law will just jail them for some months after they have bribe the police, there is 5 guys (2 graduates among them ) that just came from Nigeria,all of them started helping their brothers to sell it, now they are in Street by themselves,,, so stop saying what u don't know and always warn ur brothers...

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: S/africans Attack Nigerian Businesses by Vizzim: 3:43pm On Feb 19, 2017
jneutron4000:
it should be "When will Nigerians in SA get brain?? This people don't want you, come home and start your businesses at home simple

True Talk but the SA people should know we all black because white people live among them do not make them white.
Re: Xenophobia: S/africans Attack Nigerian Businesses by LordCenturion(m): 3:44pm On Feb 19, 2017
Princedapace:

Bro, both internet fraud and drug dealings happen everywhere in the world..

U are so out of this world to pick on one and leave others.. And u are even more out of this world to justify internet fraud acts as a general problem..

Baba, both of them are evil and are the reasons SA people don't like Nigerians..

It seems u are into internet fraud or ur family member is.. I can feel it.. Read the final part of my first comment again, both acts should be condemned..

Non of my family members are into yahoo yahoo, and I will never engaged myself into it, NEVER,because I always go against it but yahoo yahoo people doesn't scam people of South Africans but American, Europeans etc,they just prefer South Africa in order to confused their victims, u know that the level of Nigeria at international is different to South Africa level,but what this people are complaining about is that Nigerians are given their children drugs and using them for prostitution....
Re: Xenophobia: S/africans Attack Nigerian Businesses by valx2: 3:59pm On Feb 19, 2017
salbis:
YES!
OYO!
Re: Xenophobia: S/africans Attack Nigerian Businesses by Princedapace(m): 4:31pm On Feb 19, 2017
LordCenturion:

Non of my family members are into yahoo yahoo, and I will never engaged myself into it, NEVER,because I always go against it but yahoo yahoo people doesn't scam people of South Africans but American, Europeans etc,they just prefer South Africa in order to confused their victims, u know that the level of Nigeria at international is different to South Africa level,but what this people are complaining about is that Nigerians are given their children drugs and using them for prostitution....

That is not al they complained bro.. My babe is from SA for over two years now..

They are complaining of the internet fraud too.. Why? It is corrupting their youths.. It is destroying the image of their beautiful country..

They are stealing from SA citizens too.. They are complaining about all these vices...

My problem with u was how u attacked one tribe and left the other.. Not nice bro..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed / At Least 10 People Injured After Shooting At Alabama High School / OP MESA Vandalized My Vehicle In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.