Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,761 members, 7,802,322 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

Xenophobia: S/africans Attack Nigerian Businesses - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Xenophobia: S/africans Attack Nigerian Businesses (20695 Views)

Xenophobia: South Africans Attack Pakistanis, Loot Their Shops (Video) / Xenophobia: Nigerian Man Laments As South Africans Attack, Loot Properties (Pixs / Robbers Attack Nigerian On Vacation In Mexico, Steal His IPhone (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xenophobia: S/africans Attack Nigerian Businesses by donshaddow(m): 4:36pm On Feb 19, 2017
Horus:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4887111_pastor5_jpeg32fa4957ddc3db4666359226543d7529
Photograph by: Simphiwe Nkwali

Angry Pretoria residents assault church pastor during violent protest

Gabi Mbele | 18 February, 2017

A Church minister felt the wrath of a mob of angry Pretoria residents on Saturday‚ who assaulted him during a violent protest against "Nigerians selling drugs and prostituting our children".

Police fired stun grenades to disperse the angry crowd‚ who were walking around the area to "search and burn spaces that are known to be selling nyaope to school children". At least two houses were burnt down.

The throng of community members‚ some drinking beer‚ entered Celestial Church of Christ in Atteridgeville planning to "search the church for drugs and any illegal activity".

Angry residents torch houses in Pretoria West

The church's prophet‚ Samson Sangojinmi‚ was immediately called. When he arrived in his Mercedes Benz he was assaulted by the mob‚ leaving his white robe bloodied before his congregation managed to drag him inside.

Prophet Samson Sangijnmi from Central Church of Christ is bleeding after he is being attacked by mob.

"F**k you‚ you're selling drugs‚ what's in that bag you are carrying?" shouted one resident.

"You Nigerians must go open churches and salons in your own countries‚ no one can survive on such alone without selling drugs‚" said another.

By then about 20 police officers had arrived and fired a stun grenade to disperse the crowd.

Paramedics treated Sangojinmi. The minister said he was hurt that people thought he would sell drugs.

"We help many people in this church‚ when they want food or a place to stay we help them. It's sad to see people attacking me even when I'm trying to talk to them‚" said Sangojinmi.

Prophet Samson Sangijnmi attacked by mob accusing him of selling drugs and also trafficking girls.

One woman‚ who refused to be named‚ said she had witnessed children in school uniform entering several of the houses they had searched.

"Some of the girls we found in the houses were high‚ wearing short outfits‚ who've ended up never leaving because they owed these Nigerians too much money.

"Enough is enough‚ we can't trust the police anymore because they never do anything to help us‚" she said.

Police spokeswoman Captain Augustinah Selepe said the group of people who targeted foreign nationals‚ started demonstrating early on Saturday morning.

She said that by the time police responded to the scene‚ two houses had already been burnt down. “Police are keeping a strong presence and are on the ground monitoring the situation‚” she said.

Saturday's violence follows similar protests recently in the southern Johannesburg suburb of Rosettenville.

TMG Digital/Sunday Times http://m.timeslive.co.za/?articleId=2304174

Prophet Sangojimi, one of the few good mind I've ever met. That church is God's sent. They help, clothe, house and feed new immigrants till they get on their feet. While my darling redeem leaves you to rot and ask you to bring your tithe and offering! That church don't deserved to be attacked.
Re: Xenophobia: S/africans Attack Nigerian Businesses by mark2sunny(m): 5:02pm On Feb 19, 2017
jneutron4000:
it should be "When will Nigerians in SA get brain?? This people don't want you, come home and start your businesses at home simple

What about the very reason they left in the first place...
What do you want them to come home and meet? A country that has remained in the dark for decades and presently taking steps backward? A country that has no value for poor people? A country that protects big thieves and kill people who steal bread? Or a country with same set of leaders that have been ruling us from independence?

Ordinary electicity with our own money they can't give us
October last year, someone decided to construct a linking road to our area filled with various estates because it was very bad. He started the construction and it was a solid road construction. Few weeks latter government agents came and stop the road construction. The problem was that the person had no permission to construct the road and that there were interest groups who were supposed to benefit fromantic the contract when it's eventually awarded. Just imagine. And since then construction has ciezed.

You may not understand the politics behind abuja intentional airport. Kaduna airport is under speedy expansion to take over Abuja Airport...

Everything is wrong with Nigeria. This is the reason our youths are all over the planet. Seeking for a country...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: S/africans Attack Nigerian Businesses by tifany89(m): 5:04pm On Feb 19, 2017
Princedapace:

Bro, both internet fraud and drug dealings happen everywhere in the world..

U are so out of this world to pick on one and leave others.. And u are even more out of this world to justify internet fraud acts as a general problem..

Baba, both of them are evil and are the reasons SA people don't like Nigerians..

It seems u are into internet fraud or ur family member is.. I can feel it.. Read the final part of my first comment again, both acts should be condemned..
This guy u quoted, his hypocrisy stinks to high heavens. Very prejudiced human being. If yorubas were d main people involved in drugs in SA n igbo scamming,u will see him twist mouth to say drugs isn't as bad as scamming. It's his default settings to be like dat

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: S/africans Attack Nigerian Businesses by Princedapace(m): 5:12pm On Feb 19, 2017
tifany89:

This guy u quoted, his hypocrisy stinks to high heavens. Very prejudiced human being. If yorubas were d main people involved in drugs in SA n igbo scamming,u will see him twist mouth to say drugs isn't as bad as scamming. It's his default settings to be like dat

Wow! No wonder, I was really shocked to read a comment of such nature from a human being.. Mehnn this country has no hope o..

The tribal sentiment is tooooooooooo much.. I just dey imagine how this type be for real life!
Re: Xenophobia: S/africans Attack Nigerian Businesses by NOETHNICITY(m): 5:49pm On Feb 19, 2017
Princedapace:

Bro, both internet fraud and drug dealings happen everywhere in the world..

U are so out of this world to pick on one and leave others.. And u are even more out of this world to justify internet fraud acts as a general problem..

Baba, both of them are evil and are the reasons SA people don't like Nigerians..

It seems u are into internet fraud or ur family member is.. I can feel it.. Read the final part of my first comment again, both acts should be condemned..
u talk like Ibos don't do internet fraud.
I served in the East bro and I know first hand they do internet fraud as well.
go to Lagos as see a lot of Ibos as involved as Yorubas in internet fraud.
The only tribe that doesn't involve much in 419 re the hausas.
go to Edo and see what happening there.
Re: Xenophobia: S/africans Attack Nigerian Businesses by Princedapace(m): 5:57pm On Feb 19, 2017
NOETHNICITY:
u talk like Ibos don't do internet fraud.
I served in the East bro and I know first hand they do internet fraud as well.
go to Lagos as see a lot of Ibos as involved as Yorubas in internet fraud.
The only tribe that doesn't involve much in 419 re the hausas.
go to Edo and see what happening there.

You talk as if yorubas don't do drug... Go to Ibadan, Lagos and jos to see how yorubas are doing drugs plus juju..

My brother, wake up... U started all these.. Forgive ur self.. Crime has no tribe..
Re: Xenophobia: S/africans Attack Nigerian Businesses by chachanga: 6:32pm On Feb 19, 2017
thesicilian:

They'll not listen.

Must everybody congregate in one place?

Haba, Let them have the BLUE Pill next time pls!

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: S/africans Attack Nigerian Businesses by Nobody: 7:40pm On Feb 19, 2017
valx2:
And suffer with you in a dead country?

Your own place of residence is dead.
Re: Xenophobia: S/africans Attack Nigerian Businesses by valx2: 7:44pm On Feb 19, 2017
Pidgin2:

Your own place of residence is dead.
At least not as dead as Nigeria
Re: Xenophobia: S/africans Attack Nigerian Businesses by Nobody: 7:44pm On Feb 19, 2017
Monkeydeychop:
Although I'm not in Nigeria, I'm simply too scared to come back. I enjoy my safety here abroad. I'll see stories of armed robbers robbing in broad day light or police killing citizens over 20 naira, or numerous kidnappings and cultism. It's so scary man I can't risk my life in a country where life isn't valued. I'd be dead in 2 days for sure.

What is special about you that you feel you will be singled out from over 100 million people who live here?
Please post link of story where police killed people for N20.

Don't you have serial killers, rapists and gangs where you live?

If you think you will not survive in two days then you called it upon yourself as the saying goes "You are what you think"
Re: Xenophobia: S/africans Attack Nigerian Businesses by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:56pm On Feb 19, 2017
Princedapace:

You talk as if yorubas don't do drug... Go to Ibadan, Lagos and jos to see how yorubas are doing drugs plus juju..

My brother, wake up... U started all these.. Forgive ur self.. Crime has no tribe..
u re mistaken if u think am Yoruba. I'm nether yoruba, Ibo nor Hausa(3 of the major tribes responsible for many of Nigeria's woes today)
Meanwhile, u and I know that when a Nigerian is arrested abroad for drug crimes there's a 99% likelihood that the perpetrator is one particular tribe. This is, however, not the case for fraud crimes. Nigerians doing fraud abroad is largely evenly distributed amongst most of southern tribes and a pocket of middle-beltans.
Let it be noted that both crimes, and even prostitution popular amongst southerners as well, is bad and it's doing soooooooooooooo much damage to our image abroad.
Why must we be known worldwide only for terrible tins?
Abi Na Buhari still cause am?
Re: Xenophobia: S/africans Attack Nigerian Businesses by djevino(m): 9:03pm On Feb 19, 2017
henrydadon:
I stay in south Africa...tell igbo people to stop selling drug..nigerian are the only foreigner that sell drug here..i cant go out publicly and say am a nigerian because of this... Between every 10 igbo people 5 must be involve in drug dealing..it bad..they should stop...some yoruba boys here are also into yahoo and scamming..haba..why must nigerian also give dem self bad names..

is it bcus of the drug and Yahoo Yahoo that's making dem to kill us?? are they not into d drug dealing of a tin sef...
Re: Xenophobia: S/africans Attack Nigerian Businesses by Princedapace(m): 9:04pm On Feb 19, 2017
NOETHNICITY:
u re mistaken if u think am Yoruba. I'm nether yoruba, Ibo nor Hausa(3 of the major tribes responsible for many of Nigeria's woes today)
Meanwhile, u and I know that when a Nigerian is arrested abroad for drug crimes there's a 99% likelihood that the perpetrator is one particular tribe. This is, however, not the case for fraud crimes. Nigerians doing fraud abroad is largely evenly distributed amongst most of southern tribes and a pocket of middle-beltans.
Let it be noted that both crimes, and even prostitution popular amongst southerners as well, is bad and it's doing soooooooooooooo much damage to our image abroad.
Why must we be known worldwide only for terrible tins?
Abi Na Buhari still cause am?

Nigerians are what they are today because for decades, the country was destroyed by military and civilian rulers..

Not everybody has that power to withstand hardship.. I am not justifying crimes... But from suicide bombers to other crimes, poor education, hunger and lack of hope in the country directly or indirectly caused all these..

Don't get me wrong, some people can still do these crimes even after having everything good about life, but majority is caused by failed government..

Is not about buhari alone... The military rulers killed this country and the civilians are burying it..

Funny enough, we can't come out of it because the foundation of Nigeria is faulty.. No hope bro.. Just hustle and pray..
Re: Xenophobia: S/africans Attack Nigerian Businesses by Alphasoar(m): 10:09pm On Feb 19, 2017
tk4rd:
WE JUST LOOT ALL SHORITE SHOPS IN NIGERIA DRY, (NO BOMBING OR SETTING ABLAZE), VANDALIZE ALL THE MTN MASTS AND CABLES,, NA DSTV AND GOTV I NEVER KNOW HOW WE GO ATTACK..
WITH THE TOTAL SHUTDOWN OF THE NIGERIAN MARKETS FOR JUST THESE THREE OUTFITS ALONE, THE WHOLE OF SOUTH AFRICA WOULD BE CRIPPLED FOR REAL.
THEY BETTER BE CAREFUL.

Lols!
But do you think it wont affect Naija more¿¿¿¿
Re: Xenophobia: S/africans Attack Nigerian Businesses by LordCenturion(m): 5:37am On Feb 20, 2017
Princedapace:

That is not al they complained bro.. My babe is from SA for over two years now..

They are complaining of the internet fraud too.. Why? It is corrupting their youths.. It is destroying the image of their beautiful country..

They are stealing from SA citizens too.. They are complaining about all these vices...

My problem with u was how u attacked one tribe and left the other.. Not nice bro..

How ur babe know that Nigerian (yorubas) are doing Internet fraud, because yahoo boys doesn't Defraud South Africans but Americans, Europeans etc, if she knows, is either she has dated some of them before or someone close to her, because anybody that know about their Internet scam must have closed to them,yahoo boys just prefer South Africa in order to confused their victims, u know that the level of Nigeria at international is different to South Africa level,they prefer to do this act in South Africa than in Nigeria ,but what this people are complaining about is that Nigerians are given their children drugs and using them for prostitution....
Re: Xenophobia: S/africans Attack Nigerian Businesses by Princedapace(m): 7:33am On Feb 20, 2017
LordCenturion:

How ur babe know that Nigerian (yorubas) are doing Internet fraud, because yahoo boys doesn't Defraud South Africans but Americans, Europeans etc, if she knows, is either she has dated some of them before or someone close to her, because anybody that know about their Internet scam must have closed to them,yahoo boys just prefer South Africa in order to confused their victims, u know that the level of Nigeria at international is different to South Africa level,they prefer to do this act in South Africa than in Nigeria ,but what this people are complaining about is that Nigerians are given their children drugs and using them for prostitution....

Yes, she has dated some of them and many has been caught..

Bro, u are funny.. What they are complaining is drug.. Really funny..

Are u in any way supporting internet fraud or has it become a lifestyle?

They are bitterly complaining about internet fraud too. Their white ladies are also defrauded.. And who likes his or her country to be used as safe place to defraud others? SA is a special country and damaging the image is hurting the owners of the country..

The same thing is happening in Malaysia.. Most Nigerians there are fraudstars and they are defrauding mainly Europeans but Malaysian people are too tired of this crime committed in their country and they are seriously harsh towards Nigerians..

They are complaining both crimes.. Just the way u sat down and composed that all drug related crimes are committed by igbos in SA, that is how all internet fraud crimes are committed by yorubas in SA. As for my SA babe, her last bf was a Yoruba internet fraudstar.. That is their 98% job in SA... It is killing SA and the people are seeing Nigerians as criminals and drug dealers.. If u see how they insult nigerians eh on forum online.. SMH.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: S/africans Attack Nigerian Businesses by LordCenturion(m): 7:55am On Feb 20, 2017
Princedapace:

Yes, she has dated some of them and many has been caught..

Bro, u are funny.. What they are complaining is drug.. Really funny..

Are u in any way supporting internet fraud or has it become a lifestyle?

They are bitterly complaining about internet fraud too. Their white ladies are also defrauded.. And who likes his or her country to be used as safe place to defraud others? SA is a special country and damaging the image is hurting the owners of the country..

The same thing is happening in Malaysia.. Most Nigerians there are fraudstars and they are defrauding mainly Europeans but Malaysian people are too tired of this crime committed in their country and they are seriously harsh towards Nigerians..

They are complaining both crimes.. Just the way u sat down and composed that all drug related crimes are committed by igbos in SA, that is how all internet fraud crimes are committed by yorubas in SA. As for my SA babe, her last bf was a Yoruba internet fraudstar.. That is their 98% job in SA... It is killing SA and the people are seeing Nigerians as criminals and drug dealers.. If u see how they insult nigerians eh on forum online.. SMH.

I understand what u are talking about,if they call Nigerians, we will all answer, but the only way to curb this is for their government to arrest those culprits and jail them for life... It wasn't only Nigerians are into those crimes but it's mostly common among our country men, they should kill some of them, and give some life imprisonment
Re: Xenophobia: S/africans Attack Nigerian Businesses by Princedapace(m): 8:02am On Feb 20, 2017
LordCenturion:

I understand what u are talking about,if they call Nigerians, we will all answer, but the only way to curb this is for their government to arrest those culprits and jail them for life... It wasn't only Nigerians are into those crimes but it's mostly common among our country men, they should kill some of them, and give some life imprisonment

SA govt is not taking such crimes, both drug and internet fraud seriously like it's done in Asia.. SA is a liberal country.. The citizens are mixing it with natural hatred for how naija men with these illegal money, steal their women and party hard.. They also rob a lot... African immigrants rob a lot... They commit professional robbery... Nigeria has higher numbers there..

There are good Nigerians who work professionally in uni, big firms etc they never had issues in SA..
Re: Xenophobia: S/africans Attack Nigerian Businesses by Pchidexy(m): 10:46am On Feb 22, 2017
henrydadon:
I stay in south Africa...tell igbo people to stop selling drug..nigerian are the only foreigner that sell drug here..i cant go out publicly and say am a nigerian because of this... Between every 10 igbo people 5 must be involve in drug dealing..it bad..they should stop...some yoruba boys here are also into yahoo and scamming..haba..why must nigerian also give dem self bad names..
Mugu, is it only Nigerians that commit crimes. That's how you fools wash your dirty linens in public. Come Naija make you see the way Chinese,Indians and Lebanese they run things codedly in the guise of owning companies. Mugu!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed / At Least 10 People Injured After Shooting At Alabama High School / 8 In 10 Nigerian Women In Italy Are Sex Trafficking Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.