Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,175 members, 7,807,566 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:22 PM

As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? (12993 Views)

Oyedepo: A Believer Behaving Like Mumu In Place Of Authority, This Is Evil Govt / Daddy Freeze: "I Have Prayed For An Enemy To Die Before, I Won’t Lie" / Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by oaroloye(m): 4:12pm On Feb 20, 2017
It is so good of the Wrong Churches to clearly label themselves, so that we do not enter them by mistake...!

Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by jenavism44: 4:32pm On Feb 20, 2017
many people are really living in the dark,they dont know who they are as a christian,a christian that believes that the enemy can kill him does'nt know who he is "But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; " (Matthew 5:44)."That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. " (Matthew 5:45)"And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?"But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. For the Son of man is not come to destroy men’s lives, but to save them. And they went to another village." (Luke 9:55-56)."... Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his." (Romans 8:9).it so painful that many christians dont have the spirit of christ,pls dont allow your spiritual fathers stumble you,so that you will not run in vain,"In righteousness shalt thou be established: thou shalt be far from oppression; for thou shalt not fear: and from terror; for it shall not come near thee." (Isaiah 54:14).
Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by jenavism44: 4:48pm On Feb 20, 2017
if i enter a church where they kill their physical enemies,i either remain silent or i walk out of the church,i cant compromise the truth of God's word,many people has been deceived and they are deceiving others,and they dont know it,your mother,father,friends,relatives are not your enemies,infact,you are the number 1 enemy you have,for anyone to manipulate you,means you gave them your life to manipulate,two cannot walk together except they agree,the doctrine of killing human enemy is man-made.dont let anyone brainfeed to hell,a word is enough for the wise."But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel,... (Revelation 2:14
Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by oduma101(m): 12:01pm On Feb 21, 2017
Ifebazz:

Only blind Christians pray that way. Only blind Christians see 'suffer not the witch to die' only but not 'pray for your enemies'. Only blind Christians would see other people apart from themselves as the enemy. Only blind Christians would see old people as witches. Only blind Christians would believe every cork and bull stories told by their pastors. Only blind Christians would blame something other than their ineptitude for their misfortunes.

Blind Christians get help. Use that grey matter inside your skull. You guys revere witches and unknowns too much for their might. Stop seeing through other people's limired eye sight. Grow up.

Fine, i agree with you experience they say is the best teacher but most people learnt their lessons when is too late. You can not start learning how to drive a car today and enter the express road, in fact, you know what will happen to such person he or she might not even leave to tell the story. Beloved read your bible very well is like a military book.
Ephesians 6.12
Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by Ifebazz(m): 9:04pm On Feb 21, 2017
oduma101:

Fine, i agree with you experience they say is the best teacher but most people learnt their lessons when is too late. You can not start learning how to drive a car today and enter the express road, in fact, you know what will happen to such person he or she might not even leave to tell the story. Beloved read your bible very well is like a military book.
Ephesians 6.12
The major problem with our Nigeria Christians is that they only read the bible literally and sometimes explain to suit their own arguments. Nobody should forget the 'style' of the writer, the style of literature in vogue as at the time of the apostles when they wrote these books. Not taking away the fact that it was inspired by the holy spirit, they were still humans who had their patterns which of course followed the time of printing.
Believe you me, if the bible was written today, it wouldn't be more than 300 pages. You can't read Shakespearean literature and expect not to metaphor, euphemisms etc.
The passage you quoted doesn't still tell you to'kill or pray' against your enemies. How easily do guys conveniently skip 'he without sin cast the first stone'. Only when it pertains to a personal issue that it comes up, but how about these so called enemies, are they not worthy of the good things in the bible too? You praying against your enemies, do you know how many people's enemy you are? If God answers such prayers, who would remain?

1 Like

Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Feb 22, 2017
ReneeNuttall:

pls check people's location next time before posting ur scam messages.. tnx

whats scam about what i posted
for more info, visit www.richlifenigeria.com

iti
Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by ReneeNuttall(f): 10:37pm On Feb 22, 2017
videomaid:

whats scam about what i posted for more info, visit www.richlifenigeria.com
iti
Never mind

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Face To Face With Hate Islamic Preacher, Professor Dauda Ojobi / Who Built The Kaaba? / Apostle Johnson Suleman Latest Prophecy This Night.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.