Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,555 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:23 PM

Going To Church Early Vs. Going To Church Late - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Going To Church Early Vs. Going To Church Late (9925 Views)

Selfie Sunday: What Are You Wearing To Church Today? / 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days / What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Going To Church Early Vs. Going To Church Late by eyeofpride: 5:56am On Feb 19, 2017
I love to attend service early on Sundays in order to be among the first group of people to receive the blessings of the Lord. I'm in Church by 7am for Sunday school. Service finish by 10:30. But you'll see some others strolling into Church by 9:15 when the sermon has already started. I wonder, why they don't stay home instead because I feel there is no more Blessing left by that time.
So my people, why do church goers prefer to go to Church late? Is it to advertise their new clothes

2 Likes

Re: Going To Church Early Vs. Going To Church Late by eyeofpride: 5:58am On Feb 19, 2017
Happy Sunday to you all.

1 Like

Re: Going To Church Early Vs. Going To Church Late by Epositive(m): 6:22am On Feb 19, 2017
as the spirit leads
#positivevibes

4 Likes

Re: Going To Church Early Vs. Going To Church Late by brandonobi(m): 6:23am On Feb 19, 2017
wat ure saying is that wen u come early the blessings r sipping out and falling on u and eventually it will finish so the late comers don't get any. and well going to church late, wateva the reason is their concern maybe dey want all eyes on them grin

4 Likes

Re: Going To Church Early Vs. Going To Church Late by Nobody: 7:11am On Feb 19, 2017
Bless the lord. Lols
Re: Going To Church Early Vs. Going To Church Late by DebbyChris(f): 7:30am On Feb 19, 2017
I like going to church early but since this year i can't remember going to church early. God help me o!!
Re: Going To Church Early Vs. Going To Church Late by hemartins(m): 8:26am On Feb 19, 2017
Sometimes we know the exact time the pastor would give the sermon and we sneak to church that time.
The truth is that all the programs are necessary and equally important as the sermon itself. From the opening prayer, the praise and worship, offering down to the closing prayer.
Going to church late is bad and should not be encouraged.

2 Likes

Re: Going To Church Early Vs. Going To Church Late by Jeromejnr(m): 8:27am On Feb 19, 2017
sad

Re: Going To Church Early Vs. Going To Church Late by SINZ: 8:27am On Feb 19, 2017
#TeamGoingToChurchLate gringrin

4 Likes

Re: Going To Church Early Vs. Going To Church Late by priscaoge(f): 8:28am On Feb 19, 2017
I attend 6:30am Service always and by 9am the service is over! When I come back, I will have time to do some chores and have enough rest!

Op as for the later goers, one Rev Father once said that those that have too many clothes always go to church late especially Ladies, they will be where they are choosing and changing cloths the service will go half way cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

But then to me, some people come late because of maybe the distance! By the time they will get a taxi/Keke/Bus to their destination, it will be late! U know the road is not always busy on Sunday morning and sometimes u won't get a bus quickly. Anyway everybody have their reasons tho! Only the lazy ones wake up late on Sundays when they know they want to go to church.

1 Like

Re: Going To Church Early Vs. Going To Church Late by brostheo(m): 8:28am On Feb 19, 2017
Those are the sharp ones avoiding to give offerings to the already established God of men

1 Like

Re: Going To Church Early Vs. Going To Church Late by Kondomatic(m): 8:28am On Feb 19, 2017
eyeofpride:
I love to attend service early on Sundays in order to be among the first group of people to receive the blessings of the Lord. I'm in Church by 7am for Sunday school. Service finish by 10:30. But you'll see some others strolling into Church by 9:15 when the sermon has already started. I wonder, why they don't stay home instead because I feel there is no more Blessing left by that time.
So my people, why do church goers prefer to go to Church late? Is it to advertise their new clothes
You think blessings are like wedding jolof rice??

But on a serious note, it isn't written nowhere that will shall never be late but as Christians, we should be known as people of our word, trustworthy and dependable, and not be known as always late, slothful, or unconcerned about others. Our actions as Christians point back at Christ. Do they glorify Him? Do they bring Him honor? “And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men

There's a logic that I always apply when it comes to issues that are not written in the Bible, if it does not glorify God then you shouldn't do it.

“And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men” (Colossians 3:23 ).

I don't see how one glorifies God in continuous late coming.

“do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves” (Philippians 2:3 ).

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Going To Church Early Vs. Going To Church Late by Agimor(m): 8:30am On Feb 19, 2017
eyeofpride:
And who told you there's no blessing for those going to church late? I'm not in any way encouraging going to church late but there are three stages of which you received blessing while in the church.
1. Immediately the church is throw open the angel of God comes down and distribute blesses on the first timers.

2. Midway the mass/service, the angel also comes down to do likewise. Lastly

3. Lastly, the angel God also comes down to pour out the final blesses at the closure of the mass/service. In a nutshell, if peradventure you missed the first blessing by coming late you shouldn't for any reason miss the other once.

1 Like

Re: Going To Church Early Vs. Going To Church Late by Afrok(m): 8:30am On Feb 19, 2017
Haha... and those that don't go to church at all are not blessed by God? shocked
So nah only church (by going early too) God fit bless person? shocked
Issokaiundecided

Happy New Week Nairalanders
Re: Going To Church Early Vs. Going To Church Late by wizzlyd(m): 8:30am On Feb 19, 2017
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Going To Church Early Vs. Going To Church Late by Nobody: 8:31am On Feb 19, 2017
Oshey! Time keeper of God's blessings! I sight you. Keep on determining on God's behalf when the blessings would start and end. Special adviser on the timing of blessings. You're doing a great job!

"But you'll see some others strolling into Church by 9:15 when the sermon has already started. I wonder, why they don't stay home instead because I feel there is no more Blessing left by that time."

5 Likes

Re: Going To Church Early Vs. Going To Church Late by Gebbson007(m): 8:31am On Feb 19, 2017
Me n Sunday school dnt really mix.......

1 Like

Re: Going To Church Early Vs. Going To Church Late by Deborahj(f): 8:31am On Feb 19, 2017
You are permitted to share with your church members please:

LATENESS TO CHURCH
--------------------------------
Ever since I was born, I have not seen many people arrived late to the airport when the person is travelling. In fact, when the plane is taking off at 11:00pm, the person will be at the airport by 7:00pm, wow! That's how much people value travelling overseas. But on a Sunday morning when Church has long begun that's when you see men and women with 'swag' gliding like pregnant serpents to Church, they know they are late, but because they have a new armani suit on and the latest michael kors bag, they want everyone to see it. Church starts at 7:00 or 8:00am, but people will come at 10:00am, why? They think praise and worship is for the uncivilized. Just take the test to call them on Monday at 5:30am, you'll realise they are already on their way to work and some will be there already.

Know this today, anytime you go to Church one minute late, you have NOT attended Church at all. There is a register of God, where angels record the name of those who come on time, and you'll be surprised that in Heaven they will tell you, you never attended Church. If Christ is saying 'where two or three are gathered, I'm in their midst', you think He comes late?
The time you give is the time He keeps.

What does it mean to arrive late to Church
1) Disrespect to Christ
2) Betrayal of Christ
3) Disregard to the Church and the Pastor
4) Interruption of an eternal Program

Now consider all these, and tell me they have not sin. Remember, Eternity's Flight is not a flight taking you to overseas, it's a flight taking you to Heaven. Don't miss it!

There are a lot of people who are, planning to go to Church late this coming Sunday. Let this message hit them. God bless!

Most of us are guilty of this! Let's make a change of attitude, starting from this sunday!

2 Likes

Re: Going To Church Early Vs. Going To Church Late by AfterEarth(f): 8:32am On Feb 19, 2017
Seriously the sunday school is often boring.
I go to church after sunday school that is 9:15.
And that's the time they'll be doing sunday school summary.

Missing sunday school dosent take away blessings.
Besides I don't miss the Praises smiley oh my jingles, it's so awesome!!
Re: Going To Church Early Vs. Going To Church Late by Daddybright1986(m): 8:32am On Feb 19, 2017
Is not going to church early that matters........... Is doing his will
Re: Going To Church Early Vs. Going To Church Late by Nobody: 8:33am On Feb 19, 2017
uhmmm
Re: Going To Church Early Vs. Going To Church Late by Omoikarekimire(m): 8:37am On Feb 19, 2017
Eyeofpride like ur pretty face this morn wanna attend ur church this morn pls can u hola me on my watsapp nos 08086655426
Re: Going To Church Early Vs. Going To Church Late by ouzo1(m): 8:38am On Feb 19, 2017
SINZ:
#TeamGoingToChurchLate gringrin

Present sir

1 Like

Re: Going To Church Early Vs. Going To Church Late by SINZ: 8:40am On Feb 19, 2017
ouzo1:

Present sir
grin
Re: Going To Church Early Vs. Going To Church Late by sakalisis(m): 8:41am On Feb 19, 2017
Depend on my mood
Re: Going To Church Early Vs. Going To Church Late by anibi9674: 8:41am On Feb 19, 2017
AfterEarth:
Seriously the sunday school is often boring.
I go to church after sunday school that is 9:15.
And that's the time they'll be doing sunday school summary.

Missing sunday school dosent take away blessings.
Besides I don't miss the Praises smiley oh my jingles, it's so awesome!!

Sunday school is boring, adonbilivit. Sunday school is the bedrock of the church.

1 Like

Re: Going To Church Early Vs. Going To Church Late by Richy4(m): 8:50am On Feb 19, 2017
If you can go to your work place early.. and some times feel irritated when the traffic misbehaves...I'm just wondering why some one cannot try and keep to time in terms of going to church like that...I guess it was because there was no consequences

1 Like

Re: Going To Church Early Vs. Going To Church Late by Swizdoe(m): 8:51am On Feb 19, 2017
Op

Re: Going To Church Early Vs. Going To Church Late by Teaser4(m): 8:52am On Feb 19, 2017
eyeofpride:
I belong to d late comers category, i hate going to church early, if i wan go at al. Make dos silly ushers, no go put me 4 front,like say na me wan preach. dos wey come arnd 9:15am stil dey early, na 10:15 i go enter,and na me go leave first.... no time
Re: Going To Church Early Vs. Going To Church Late by homesteady(m): 8:57am On Feb 19, 2017
I hate standing for long, so I like going late to avoid
- the long worship and praise session in the Pentecostal church I attend in school and
- the very long introductory rites and Gloria In the Catholic Church I attend at home

grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

In The Beginning There Was An End. / Difference Between Agwu Shrine And Chi Shrine / The Ten Commandments In The New Testament

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.