Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,785 members, 7,806,177 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

5 Amazing Health Benefits Of White Star Apple (agbalumo/udala) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 5 Amazing Health Benefits Of White Star Apple (agbalumo/udala) (25174 Views)

African Star Apple Could Cause Male Infertility / YAYY! Agbalumo Is Back!! Check Out Health Benefits Of The African Star Apple / 16 Amazing Health Benefits Of Cucumber (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Amazing Health Benefits Of White Star Apple (agbalumo/udala) by VastFinder: 6:45am On Feb 19, 2017
It is a season fruit and its most liked by many people, maybe due to the sweetness or Beneficial in the body. Ion know. Botanically called “chrysophyllum albidum,” the fruit is mostly cultivated in the rural areas and is very common during the months of December to April.

The fruit is mostly found in African countries like Nigeria, Cameroon, Cote d’ Ivorie, Uganda and Niger Republic. However in Nigeria the white star apple is popularly referred to as Agbalumo and Udara by the Yoruba’s and Igbo respectively.

This wonderful fruit is picked by Africans on their way to the farm, during the era of our forefathers. But nowadays you get it from the marketplace as it has become a source of income to the people mostly living in the rural areas. During white star apple season you will see both adult and children savoring the great taste of this indigenous fruit.

But have you ever cared to know about the health benefits of the white star apple.

Just in case you don’t know, the African cherry is highly nutritional and can help a lot in many ways

Health Benefits of White Star Apple
1. The bark of the tree according to research was used traditionally to treat yellow fever and malaria, while the leaf treated wounds, stomachache, and diarrhea

2. Agbalumo/Udara is a natural remedies for toothache, constipation, sore throat, and much more. Also in some parts of Nigeria the seeds are used to treat vaginaland skin infections

3. White star apple had been suggested to contain more vitamin C than orange and guava, the fruit is also rich in calcium, iron potassium, phosphorous, magnesium, tannins, flavonoids, terpenoids, and phyto-chemicals.

4. When the udara/agbalumo is consumed for its flesh, it can help lower blood sugar and cholesterol, prevent and treat heart diseases.

5. The fruit is known to have anti-oxidant properties that help fight cancer and treatment of diabetes.

There are other health benefits of white star apple not written here but now you know, do not miss an opportunity to make good use of its season to purchase the fruit and enjoy its many heath benefits.

Source: https://vastfinder..com/2017/02/5-amazing-health-benefits-of-white-star.html

lalasticlala, dominique, Sissy3, Mynd44, MissyB3, obinoscopy, tjskii, farano

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5 Amazing Health Benefits Of White Star Apple (agbalumo/udala) by KEZDON(m): 7:08am On Feb 19, 2017
Interesting.........

Man was truly Blessed with nature

it caters for all our need but only if we can discover and preserve them

6 Likes

Re: 5 Amazing Health Benefits Of White Star Apple (agbalumo/udala) by BrownCookie(f): 8:42am On Feb 19, 2017
I love Udara. Imagine all the health benefits. ...

4 Likes

Re: 5 Amazing Health Benefits Of White Star Apple (agbalumo/udala) by eedrees(m): 8:42am On Feb 19, 2017
A fan
Re: 5 Amazing Health Benefits Of White Star Apple (agbalumo/udala) by wunmi590(m): 8:42am On Feb 19, 2017
Naso
Re: 5 Amazing Health Benefits Of White Star Apple (agbalumo/udala) by matrix199(m): 8:43am On Feb 19, 2017
Lovely fruit

1 Like

Re: 5 Amazing Health Benefits Of White Star Apple (agbalumo/udala) by passionatebae: 8:43am On Feb 19, 2017
Wow.. me no even no.

Oooshee 4 d info.

1 Like

Re: 5 Amazing Health Benefits Of White Star Apple (agbalumo/udala) by Nobody: 8:44am On Feb 19, 2017
l love fruit, don't gotta convince me ta eat em wink

1 Like

Re: 5 Amazing Health Benefits Of White Star Apple (agbalumo/udala) by laplace19(m): 8:45am On Feb 19, 2017
I don't just like it.... and I don't know why

Maybe I'll force myself to start consuming it.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Amazing Health Benefits Of White Star Apple (agbalumo/udala) by Adesiji77: 8:45am On Feb 19, 2017
I can testify to that of toothache (no. 2)
Re: 5 Amazing Health Benefits Of White Star Apple (agbalumo/udala) by corperscorner: 8:47am On Feb 19, 2017
The agbalumo in my jeans has more benefits jur...
Re: 5 Amazing Health Benefits Of White Star Apple (agbalumo/udala) by ring7(m): 8:47am On Feb 19, 2017
Udara michaa,some sour teast no be here,when you get the sweet ones, na jollification be DAT.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Amazing Health Benefits Of White Star Apple (agbalumo/udala) by piperson(m): 8:48am On Feb 19, 2017
e don too cost

the thing is making me anry

it's now two for hundred naira
for wwhat?

na petrol?

8 Likes

Re: 5 Amazing Health Benefits Of White Star Apple (agbalumo/udala) by naffgem: 8:49am On Feb 19, 2017
I like it o
Re: 5 Amazing Health Benefits Of White Star Apple (agbalumo/udala) by tolexy007(m): 8:50am On Feb 19, 2017
the seeds, we use it to play game, when were kids.

1 Like

Re: 5 Amazing Health Benefits Of White Star Apple (agbalumo/udala) by ifyalways(f): 8:51am On Feb 19, 2017
I think I'm the only one that hates this fruit. undecided
Re: 5 Amazing Health Benefits Of White Star Apple (agbalumo/udala) by bobchigar(m): 8:51am On Feb 19, 2017
Nice. Op thanks
Re: 5 Amazing Health Benefits Of White Star Apple (agbalumo/udala) by priscaoge(f): 8:53am On Feb 19, 2017
Interesting!!! I like the sweet ones "nwannu". Not those ones that slaps like Nigerian Soldier cheesy cheesy cheesy

11 Likes

Re: 5 Amazing Health Benefits Of White Star Apple (agbalumo/udala) by Malawian(m): 9:00am On Feb 19, 2017
VastFinder:

It is a season fruit and its most liked by many people, maybe due to the sweetness or Beneficial in the body. Ion know. Botanically called “chrysophyllum albidum,” the fruit is mostly cultivated in the rural areas and is very common during the months of December to April.

The fruit is mostly found in African countries like Nigeria, Cameroon, Cote d’ Ivorie, Uganda and Niger Republic. However in Nigeria the white star apple is popularly referred to as Agbalumo and Udara by the Yoruba’s and Igbo respectively.

This wonderful fruit is picked by Africans on their way to the farm, during the era of our forefathers. But nowadays you get it from the marketplace as it has become a source of income to the people mostly living in the rural areas. During white star apple season you will see both adult and children savoring the great taste of this indigenous fruit.

But have you ever cared to know about the health benefits of the white star apple.

Just in case you don’t know, the African cherry is highly nutritional and can help a lot in many ways

Health Benefits of White Star Apple
1. The bark of the tree according to research was used traditionally to treat yellow fever and malaria, while the leaf treated wounds, stomachache, and diarrhea

2. Agbalumo/Udara is a natural remedies for toothache, constipation, sore throat, and much more. Also in some parts of Nigeria the seeds are used to treat vaginaland skin infections

3. White star apple had been suggested to contain more vitamin C than orange and guava, the fruit is also rich in calcium, iron potassium, phosphorous, magnesium, tannins, flavonoids, terpenoids, and phyto-chemicals.

4. When the udara/agbalumo is consumed for its flesh, it can help lower blood sugar and cholesterol, prevent and treat heart diseases.

5. The fruit is known to have anti-oxidant properties that help fight cancer and treatment of diabetes.

There are other health benefits of white star apple not written here but now you know, do not miss an opportunity to make good use of its season to purchase the fruit and enjoy its many heath benefits.

Source: https://vastfinder..com/2017/02/5-amazing-health-benefits-of-white-star.html

lalasticlala, dominique, Sissy3, Mynd44, MissyB3, obinoscopy, tjskii, farano
One thing you forgot to add, and i found out the hard way is,excessive consumption locks your shiiit inside your bowels

1 Like

Re: 5 Amazing Health Benefits Of White Star Apple (agbalumo/udala) by lodphil(m): 9:01am On Feb 19, 2017
RedRubberDucky:
l love fruit, don't gotta convince me ta eat em wink
Redrubberdick,do u also eat udara?
Re: 5 Amazing Health Benefits Of White Star Apple (agbalumo/udala) by mhizoma(f): 9:01am On Feb 19, 2017
My favorite fruit. Nwannu the best.
It's good for pregnant women too
Re: 5 Amazing Health Benefits Of White Star Apple (agbalumo/udala) by Nobody: 9:02am On Feb 19, 2017
lodphil:
Redrubberdick,do u also eat udara?
undecidedDUCK
Re: 5 Amazing Health Benefits Of White Star Apple (agbalumo/udala) by lodphil(m): 9:03am On Feb 19, 2017
Mehn DAT shit slaps me more than my seniors in secondary school ever did.

1 Like

Re: 5 Amazing Health Benefits Of White Star Apple (agbalumo/udala) by Nobody: 9:04am On Feb 19, 2017
lodphil:
Mehn DAT shit slaps me more than my seniors in secondary school ever did.
grin
Re: 5 Amazing Health Benefits Of White Star Apple (agbalumo/udala) by lodphil(m): 9:08am On Feb 19, 2017
RedRubberDucky:
grin
Begone,enemy of progress.
Bigrubberdick
Re: 5 Amazing Health Benefits Of White Star Apple (agbalumo/udala) by Nobody: 9:12am On Feb 19, 2017
lodphil:
Begone,enemy of progress.
Bigrubberdick
undecided
Re: 5 Amazing Health Benefits Of White Star Apple (agbalumo/udala) by Nobody: 9:13am On Feb 19, 2017
It makes me squeeze my handsome face. angry

1 Like

Re: 5 Amazing Health Benefits Of White Star Apple (agbalumo/udala) by newyorks(m): 9:16am On Feb 19, 2017
then as a child we used to hunt for it and we would climb the tree cut some branches with matchet.most times we went home with abt two full sack bag, but for long now i've been avoiding it because of its sour taste expecially the road side one because the sellers do force ripe it with hot water.
Re: 5 Amazing Health Benefits Of White Star Apple (agbalumo/udala) by StupidYorubaFool: 9:20am On Feb 19, 2017
it's Udara in Efik/ibibio dialect.
they used to sell it around 5 for 10 naira but Kingbuhari the dullard now Rose the price to 1 piece for hundred naira, Piperson could attest to it.
buhari is such a wicked man.

1 Like

Re: 5 Amazing Health Benefits Of White Star Apple (agbalumo/udala) by StupidYorubaFool: 9:22am On Feb 19, 2017
Haute:
It makes me squeeze my handsome face. angry
lol the thing dey bitter eh. grin

but the succulent ones still dey sha with enough jollification as ring7 stated up there.
Re: 5 Amazing Health Benefits Of White Star Apple (agbalumo/udala) by Nobody: 9:23am On Feb 19, 2017
I love it

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

HIV Couples Give Birth To 72 Negative Babies In Bauchi / Nigerian Final Year Pharmacy Student Dies In India (pics) / COVID-19: Abia State Delivers 1 Million Facemasks Nationwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.