Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,679 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

5 Things To Never Post About Your Relationship On Social Media - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 5 Things To Never Post About Your Relationship On Social Media (20314 Views)

CNN Post About Rafael Nadal Engagement & How A Nigerian Misinterpreted It / I Will Be Ending A Toxic Relationship On Monday / Please Help, 6 Years Relationship On Its Way To Grave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things To Never Post About Your Relationship On Social Media by dammy13(m): 7:42am On Feb 19, 2017
Want a long-lasting relationship? Here are 5 Things to Never Post About Your Relationship on Social Media

We are all familiar with social media in this 21st century where almost everyone is a digital/tech nomad or geek. However, due to its unhindered accessibility to all, many people abuse. And unlike in the past where social media is not on the list of causes of breakups, today is arguably on top of the list.

This is why it is essential for you to be conscious of what you post on social media in order to save yourself from potential relationship headaches. Kikiotolu.com shares 5 of these things. You may think it is harmless, but it can result in serious consequences.

1. Anything personal about your partner, without his or her permission
You know that your post is an important expose about your relationship, but you still went ahead to share it. Your partner will not feel good. This said, if you can’t control your cravings, you can ask your partner to be for permission before you post it. It’s safer this way.

2. Relationship Issues
If you and your partner get into a fight, you may want to rant to your Facebook fans about how much pain you are going through, if you do that, you are reducing your chances of resolving the issues. Constantly posting your relationship problems is information strangers don’t need to know. Don’t be like Tiwa Savage.

3. Your n*de pictures
No matter how much you love your body, the whole world doesn’t need to see it. Always keep your n*des to yourself. Your partner will be embarrassed if others see sensitive parts of your body which are meant to be private.

4. Your breakup
Spare everyone the details of your breakup. If you and your partner break up, the emotional mess is enough to clean up without having to field comments and advice from the relationship advisors. Keep it simple. If it’s over, it’s over. No need to broadcast it to the world which many of us do these days.

5. Personal conversations
Don’t post personal conversations, not only is it wrong but it’s rude. Even if someone messages you saying something nasty about them, don’t put them on the hot seat. You should be matured enough to ignore, delete it and move on.

http://www.kikiotolu.com/2017/02/5-things-to-never-post-about-your.html

Lalasticlala Mynd44 seun Dominique

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things To Never Post About Your Relationship On Social Media by lordbish(m): 7:45am On Feb 19, 2017
OK noted
Re: 5 Things To Never Post About Your Relationship On Social Media by Jafar1: 7:45am On Feb 19, 2017
Steal your girl's phone and text her best friend saying “I'm pregnant” and if she replies “by who” your girl is a hoe. If she reply "again?" Your girl is a hoe master.
~ Hoe Rules

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5 Things To Never Post About Your Relationship On Social Media by Nobody: 8:43am On Feb 19, 2017
So true................social media has done more harm than gud 2 relationships...............most especially,those of celebs.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things To Never Post About Your Relationship On Social Media by XaintJoel20: 8:43am On Feb 19, 2017
r
Re: 5 Things To Never Post About Your Relationship On Social Media by Emmy1234567890: 8:43am On Feb 19, 2017
Its my 3rd year on nairaland and i was able to reach the 5th to commemt.

Moral lesson: it is not over until it is over

I dedicate this piece of land to the gods of our land

Nice one

6 Likes

Re: 5 Things To Never Post About Your Relationship On Social Media by wunmi590(m): 8:44am On Feb 19, 2017
Yes ooo
Re: 5 Things To Never Post About Your Relationship On Social Media by Quintessential1(f): 8:44am On Feb 19, 2017
Who in his/her right senses would do any of those, anyway?
Re: 5 Things To Never Post About Your Relationship On Social Media by jworos(m): 8:44am On Feb 19, 2017
Women, it's their job...
Re: 5 Things To Never Post About Your Relationship On Social Media by jauntty: 8:45am On Feb 19, 2017
Happy Sunday all
Re: 5 Things To Never Post About Your Relationship On Social Media by piperson(m): 8:45am On Feb 19, 2017
will they hear word?

how can they not post about their relationship on social media when they r even uploading their nudies
Re: 5 Things To Never Post About Your Relationship On Social Media by Swizdoe(m): 8:45am On Feb 19, 2017
They won't listen...

Imagine girls getting battered by their boyfriends and the first thing is posting pictures on social media.....

I blame it on too much china phones in circulation

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things To Never Post About Your Relationship On Social Media by Nobody: 8:46am On Feb 19, 2017
grin
Re: 5 Things To Never Post About Your Relationship On Social Media by OgidiOlu3(m): 8:46am On Feb 19, 2017
Laaro Sunday nitori Olorun. Na relationship tips you dey give as you wake up on a beautiful Sunday morning. Issokay.
Btw, why should you even post anything about your relationship on social media? Do you need people's approval?
Re: 5 Things To Never Post About Your Relationship On Social Media by Bellytoff(m): 8:46am On Feb 19, 2017
[b][/b]To me it doesn't anything if dere is loveTo me it doesn't anything if dere is loveTo me it doesn't anything if dere is love
Re: 5 Things To Never Post About Your Relationship On Social Media by Nobody: 8:49am On Feb 19, 2017
Nice.

Do you want a richer and happier life? Check my signature
Re: 5 Things To Never Post About Your Relationship On Social Media by Nobody: 8:49am On Feb 19, 2017
So true..................social media has done more harm than gud to relationships................most especially that of celebs.
Re: 5 Things To Never Post About Your Relationship On Social Media by ANNYTOHCUTE(f): 8:50am On Feb 19, 2017
Well said....oh that today u will hearken to this post..harden not your hearts!
Re: 5 Things To Never Post About Your Relationship On Social Media by SirMichael1: 8:50am On Feb 19, 2017
That was how this particular friend on Facebook posted about her breakup on fb oo(it was meant to be a joke to get peoples reaction)... It was honestly a sincere joke but as the guy see am, na him kasala burst oo.

I think it was a day to Valentine....

*Lemme recall**

On 13th of February, 2017, I had just logged in on Facebook only to see this post

"My guy just broke up with me on the phone over a silly thing, guess he was too broke to admit that we weren't going out tomorrow. Who does that? I mean, who leaves a girl before a big day"

Been that she's a girl, it didn't take long for comments to start trooping in. Some said mean things about the guy *He's a coward* He's an asshole *To think he broke up with you a day to Valentine.... Gosh! what sorta human is that* *He's gone but I'm available, we could.... you know*

Then the amebos be asking funny questions like *Woh hapun?* *Hope you're not hurt?* *pele o* blah blah

I continued doing what I do best: reading comments until I reached this particular mind disturbing harmless comment(or so I thought)

*it's over*

You'd think it was a regular comment until you read the replies

*baby, it was just a joke. Funny you took it serious*

Hmm. After that incidence ehn, the guy was no longer mutual friends with the Lady and Lady, a day after Valentine deleted her FB account.

Guess it was really over

Modified *Finally, I graced front page* Now I can rest knowing that you read all those lies above. hahaha

5 Likes

Re: 5 Things To Never Post About Your Relationship On Social Media by zazza01(m): 8:59am On Feb 19, 2017
NLchikeeto:
So true................social media has done more harm than gud 2 relationships...............most especially,those of celebs.
grin
NLchikeeto:

Hhhhhhh
Re: 5 Things To Never Post About Your Relationship On Social Media by zazza01(m): 9:01am On Feb 19, 2017
To u too!
Re: 5 Things To Never Post About Your Relationship On Social Media by driand(m): 9:22am On Feb 19, 2017
My baby mama left me for one soldier guy like dat, I tried talking sense to her, she no hear, now I moved on found something I never thought existed, such is life..

Now I enjoy watching drama on Facebook, grin

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things To Never Post About Your Relationship On Social Media by MVLOX(m): 9:23am On Feb 19, 2017
True.... For example some days back I was so tempted to take a selfie as I for the 1st time stretched my fiancés natural hair.... I have always loosed her hair and do some light plating but yesterday I felt so gud doing the stretching tin and felt like snapping some pictures to post on social network to pepperly both guys and babes alike but it dawned on me dat she might not like it so I just deleted the thought from my mind afta all I have so many years ahead if not forever to loosen, plait and stretch her hair...and Yes snap pictures of dis many occasions but 1 tin is for sure dis will sure be one of our pre wedding pic template

4 Likes

Re: 5 Things To Never Post About Your Relationship On Social Media by Nobody: 9:25am On Feb 19, 2017
Relationship should be off social media period!
Lol maybe just relationship status the only thing u change n maybe some happy photos finish
Re: 5 Things To Never Post About Your Relationship On Social Media by Nobody: 9:25am On Feb 19, 2017
I'm not a proponent of some point you have highlighted... Why?

Posting relationship issues on social media isn't detrimental as you have painted it. For someone who is a public figure. Someone who's got fans scattered all over the various social media platform, it is imperative if he/she is adept when it comes to relationships to from time to time educate his followers on issues which border around relationship as a whole. By so doing, people will learn from you.

Again, celebs holds no secret when it comes to regaling their fans about their break up. That's what keep them in the spotlight. At least that is their own way of announcing to the whole world that they are vacant

Other points are so on point but the aforementioned is relative and depends largely on individual differences
Re: 5 Things To Never Post About Your Relationship On Social Media by Nobody: 10:03am On Feb 19, 2017
Quintessential1:
Who in his/her right senses would do any of those, anyway?

social media freaks, i guess. Seems you're yet to catch the flu
Re: 5 Things To Never Post About Your Relationship On Social Media by TheSonOfMark(m): 10:07am On Feb 19, 2017
Jafar1:
Steal your girl's phone and text her best friend saying “I'm pregnant” and if she replies “by who” your girl is a hoe. If she reply "again?" Your girl is a hoe master.
~ Hoe Rules
Now this is a first. There are such things as "Hoe Rules" ?
Re: 5 Things To Never Post About Your Relationship On Social Media by cardoctor(m): 10:08am On Feb 19, 2017
x
Re: 5 Things To Never Post About Your Relationship On Social Media by youngdanee(m): 10:15am On Feb 19, 2017
Cc airforce1
Re: 5 Things To Never Post About Your Relationship On Social Media by Daddybright1986(m): 10:21am On Feb 19, 2017
Relationship still the exits sef??

(1) (2) (Reply)

I'm Depressed. I Need Help Before I Commit Suicide [PICTURE] / Age Difference Sure Matters In 'Will You Marry Me?' / The HOURGLASS Female Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.