Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,192 members, 7,807,646 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:49 PM

Is Speaking In Tongues Compulsory? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Speaking In Tongues Compulsory? (1591 Views)

20 Points From 1 Corinthians 14 About Speaking In Tongues In The Church / Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Speaking In Tongues Compulsory? by dingbang(m): 8:48am On Feb 19, 2017
This morning some holier than thou Christian is disturbing the neighborhood with some recording of an annoying tongue language and trust me its annoying ..

I just want to ask, do these people actually force themselves go cram such? Is it a must to speak in tongues?

Te te te ri ri ri ri gbo gbo gbo gbo sa sa sa sa mo no mo din din din ekashi din rin me she gba ra sa chi din

Mynd44, seun
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Compulsory? by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:33am On Feb 19, 2017
The people who speak in tongues don't really understand what the Bible meant when it said the apostles spoke in tongues. It meant the apostles where able to speak in different languages that people of said languages can actually understand. And this was so that the gospel will be preached in all the land.

But in dear Nigeria, somebody will just start saying rubbish that nobody understands and they'll say pastor is speaking in tongues.. Nonsense noise that's what it is.
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Compulsory? by dingbang(m): 9:37am On Feb 19, 2017
JeffreyJamez:
The people who speak in tongues don't really understand what the Bible meant when it said the apostles spoke in tongues. It meant the apostles where able to speak in different languages that people of said languages can actually understand. And this was so that the gospel will be preached in all the land.

But in dear Nigeria, somebody will just start saying rubbish that nobody understands and they'll say pastor is speaking in tongues.. Nonsense noise that's what it is.
I dey tell you... they say this "tongue" language is the language of the angels... I begin to wonder how will the angels be speaking such... I am pretty sure God speaks all languages and not some funny human invented language
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Compulsory? by kazyhm(m): 9:37am On Feb 19, 2017
dingbang:
you must have been brain washed by your pastor ... I can really see that..

dingbang:

I have this undiluted pity for them because their situation is far more complex than it seems
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Compulsory? by firstking01(m): 9:37am On Feb 19, 2017
dingbang:
This morning some holier than thou Christian is disturbing the neighborhood with some recording of an annoying tongue language and trust me its annoying ..

I just want to ask, do these people actually force themselves go cram such? Is it a must to speak in tongues?

Te te te ri ri ri ri gbo gbo gbo gbo sa sa sa sa mo no mo din din din ekashi din rin me she gba ra sa chi din

Mynd44, seun
It's compulsory for a christianundecided
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Compulsory? by dingbang(m): 9:38am On Feb 19, 2017
firstking01:
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Compulsory? by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:40am On Feb 19, 2017
dingbang:
I dey tell you... they say this "tongue" language is the language of the angels... I begin to wonder how will the angels be speaking such... I am pretty sure God speaks all languages and not some funny human invented language

Language of the angels indeed...So they're the only ones who can speak it ba? What is the essence of passing a message from the angels by speaking a language that NOBODY understands?.
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Compulsory? by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:40am On Feb 19, 2017
firstking01:

Compulsory? undecided
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Compulsory? by dingbang(m): 9:43am On Feb 19, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

Language of the angels indeed...So they're the only ones who can speak it ba? What is the essence of passing a message from the angels by speaking a language that NOBODY understands?.
same question I want to ask guys like firstking01 who thinks one can't enter heaven if he/she can't speak in tongues
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Compulsory? by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:46am On Feb 19, 2017
dingbang:
same question I want to ask guys like firstking01 who thinks one can't enter heaven if he/she can't speak in tongues

Enter heaven? Lol......Abeg I no wan laugh this morning.

According to tuface Nobody wan die but them wan go heaven grin
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Compulsory? by dingbang(m): 9:49am On Feb 19, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

lol d manner in which these mushroom churches have brainwashed faithless youths is just laughable...
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Compulsory? by firstking01(m): 9:53am On Feb 19, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

Where did i say you cant enter heaven if don't speak in tonguesundecided??
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Compulsory? by firstking01(m): 9:54am On Feb 19, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

Compulsory? undecided
Simple truth is, you and dingbang no sabi bible one bit....i give upgrin
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Compulsory? by firstking01(m): 9:56am On Feb 19, 2017
dingbang:
Lol, Brain wash ke?....ask for help and stop wallowing in ignorance jaregrin
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Compulsory? by dingbang(m): 9:59am On Feb 19, 2017
firstking01:
Lol, Brain wash ke?....ask for help and stop wallowing in ignorance jaregrin
don't make me laff nigga...
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Compulsory? by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:08am On Feb 19, 2017
firstking01:
Simple truth is, you and dingbang no sabi bible one bit....i give upgrin

Oya you wey sabi,show me where them talk say e compulsory to speak gibberish. undecided
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Compulsory? by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:09am On Feb 19, 2017
dingbang:
lol d manner in which these mushroom churches have brainwashed faithless youths is just laughable...

I honestly don't understand how it happens lol
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Compulsory? by dingbang(m): 10:11am On Feb 19, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

Oya you wey sabi,show me where them talk say e compulsory to speak gibberish. undecided
please ask him.. Am just dumbfounded
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Compulsory? by firstking01(m): 10:29am On Feb 19, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

Lol, i believe you have a pastor?, i 'd advice you go and ask him if speaking in tongues is compulsory....but incase he's not able to convince you enough read acts 2:3....also, incase the scripture above does not convince you drop your plea here after service i'd get back to you....

Important note:...for a serious minded christian, speaking in tongues is compulsory as it's one of your weapons of warfare, "but", i repeat "but", it's not heaven's guarantee, but will make your spiritual life more powerful and functional....

The thread is even misleading, should 've been "can a christian make heaven without speaking in tongues"undecided…i thought you are spiritually inclined sefundecided
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Compulsory? by firstking01(m): 10:42am On Feb 19, 2017
dingbang:
don't make me laff nigga...
Your thread should 've been "can a christian make heaven if he/she doesn't speak in tongues and NOT "is it compulsory for a christian to speak in tongues, and again, yes it's compulsory for a christian who's born again to speak in tongues cos after your physical baptism you'd be baptised spiritually which is the speaking in tongues....benedict you should know these things na, they are too elemtary to debate aboutgrin…you sef
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Compulsory? by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:19am On Feb 19, 2017
firstking01:
Lol, i believe you have a pastor?, i 'd advice you go and ask him if speaking in tongues is compulsory....but incase he's not able to convince you enough read acts 2:3....also, incase the scripture above does not convince you drop your plea here after service i'd get back to you....

Important note:...for a serious minded christian, speaking in tongues is compulsory as it's one of your weapons of warfare, "but", i repeat "but", it's not heaven's guarantee, but will make your spiritual life more powerful and functional....

The thread is even misleading, should 've been "can a christian make heaven without speaking in tongues"undecided…i thought you are spiritually inclined sefundecided

See what I said earlier about you people not understanding what speaking in tongues according to the Bible means?.... undecided

So it's your pastor that was able to convince you ba lol....My brother read your Bible very well ,read the whole of acts chapter 2 and you will understand what actually happened to the apostles....Leave pastor that wants to keep you in his church so you can feed him alone....The same brain wey pastor get na hin you get..Na the same God create you and am.
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Compulsory? by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:20am On Feb 19, 2017
dingbang:
please ask him.. Am just dumbfounded

I don tire....Na why I no like to dey argue with all this Christians that always say "ask your Pastor" or "pastor says"..Them no get mind of Thier own.na wetin pastor talk them dey believe hook line and sinker. grin
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Compulsory? by firstking01(m): 11:34am On Feb 19, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

See what I said earlier about you people not understanding what speaking in tongues according to the Bible means?.... undecided

So it's your pastor that was able to convince you ba lol....My brother read your Bible very well ,read the whole of acts chapter 2 and you will understand what actually happened to the apostles....Leave pastor that wants to keep you in his church so you can feed him alone....The same brain wey pastor get na hin you get..Na the same God create you and am.
Hahahaha, seems you have personal issues with pastors, but that's not my business whatsoever...i only asked you to go and verify from your pastore cos i believe they are spiritually placed scriptural wise than us....and i think i gave you a convincing reason to why it's compulsory for a christian to speak in tongues....i wonder why people know the truth but delibrately decide to play ignorance...

We have two baptisms in the bible, the first is baptism by water...

The second is baptism by the holyghost which comes with speaking in tongues...immediately you are immersed into water, after that speaking in tongues follows....stop arguing the bible and believe the bible....ok, have a nice day.
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Compulsory? by Nobody: 11:58am On Feb 19, 2017
firstking01:
Hahahaha, seems you have personal issues with pastors, but that's not my business whatsoever...i only asked you to go and verify from your pastore cos i believe they are spiritually placed scriptural wise than us....and i think i gave you a convincing reason to why it's compulsory for a christian to speak in tongues....i wonder why people know the truth but delibrately decide to play ignorance...

The second is baptism by the holyghost which comes with speaking in tongues...immediately you are immersed into water, after that speaking in tongues follows....stop arguing the bible and believe the bible....ok, have a nice day.
shut up shut up shut up u fhool...speaking in tongues in the fable called a bible is speakinv other languages like romans,greek,hindu ,hausa etc by the apostles and not sherimamakitarumbumshakitiboborendomerido
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Compulsory? by JeffreyJamez(m): 12:14pm On Feb 19, 2017
firstking01:

Okay let me ask you......What is speaking in tongues?
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Compulsory? by JeffreyJamez(m): 12:18pm On Feb 19, 2017
hardwerk:
shut up shut up shut up u fhool...speaking in tongues in the fable called a bible is speakinv other languages like romans,greek,hindu ,hausa etc by the apostles and not sherimamakitarumbumshakitiboborendomerido

Thank you very much..

Speaking in tongues was like, after the holy Spirit descended on them, an Igbo man was able to speak Yoruba or Hausa or French, a language he couldn't speak before, so that he could be able to preach the gospel to people that understood such languages.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Compulsory? by dingbang(m): 12:21pm On Feb 19, 2017
firstking01:
Your thread should 've been "can a christian make heaven if he/she doesn't speak in tongues and NOT "is it compulsory for a christian to speak in tongues, and again, yes it's compulsory for a christian who's born again to speak in tongues cos after your physical baptism you'd be baptised spiritually which is the speaking in tongues....benedict you should know these things na, they are too elemtary to debate aboutgrin…you sef
ogbeni u make me laugh... Beware of the yeast from the pharisees and teachers of the law... I just seem to get amused whey u people come up with all these funny ideas .. One blind man cannot lead another, both of dem will surely fall into the pit.
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Compulsory? by dingbang(m): 12:23pm On Feb 19, 2017
firstking01:

u need deliverance from the lies of satan
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Compulsory? by Gn4dw: 12:45pm On Feb 19, 2017
Speaking in tongues if for every Christian. The Lord Jesus said so in Mark chapter 16 from verse 16 where he mentioned the signs by which you will know true believers. The Bible also tells us in 1Corinthian chapter 14: 2 that when we speak in tongues men cannot understand because it is not the language of man. It is simply your spirit praying to God who is a spirit in the spirit language. Check these in your Bible.
What happened in Acts that somebody referred to earlier is the Holy Spirit using the gift of tongues for evangelism. Search the Bible, know the truth and say things accurately.
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Compulsory? by smileing: 2:34pm On Feb 19, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

Pls i want to correct smth here;speaking in tongues is different from speaking in diverse tongues.Acts2:4[and they were filled with the holy ghost nd bgan to speak with other tongues as the spirit gave them utterance ]here,they were given d utterance to speak in diverse tongues hence there ability to stand before any nation(diverse pple)bt anoda type of tongue speaking which we call speaking in tongues(1 corint14:2)is nt d one man cn understand unless if blessed with d gift of tongue interpretation :this starts manifesting wen d spiritual antenna bcomes high as d holy spirit leads as he uttereth mysteries.howbeit,both re d gifts of d holy ghost as he is d source.moreover,they cn nt b memorized as it s nt done out of carnal conciousness(save for fake xtians who want to show off)bt all re for d ministry of christ
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Compulsory? by Peacefullove: 2:39pm On Feb 19, 2017
Gn4dw:
Speaking in tongues if for every Christian. The Lord Jesus said so in Mark chapter 16 from verse 16 where he mentioned the signs by which you will know true believers.

Mr man I can't laugh @ bold , Do u also Encourage picking up life snakes as evidence of being a Believer as stated in The same Mark 16:18 ?
grin

The Bible also tells us in 1Corinthian chapter 14: 2 that when we speak in tongues men cannot understand because it is not the language of man. It is simply your spirit praying to God who is a spirit in the spirit language. Check these in your Bible.

1 Corinthians 14:2 never said Its not the language of man . or kindly show me how u arrive at that conclusion ?
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues Compulsory? by Omoluabi16(m): 2:44pm On Feb 19, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

Thank you very much..

Speaking in tongues was like, after the holy Spirit descended on them, an Igbo man was able to speak Yoruba or Hausa or French, a language he couldn't speak before, so that he could be able to preach the gospel to people that understood such languages.
The dude just called your Bible a fable, and you thank him for his interpretation of the scriptures. Na wa o

(1) (2) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze Is Accurate But He Is In Error” – Pastor Rotimi Akinwale / Pictures About I'slam Speak Louder Than Words / 2012 - End Of The World (according To All Phases)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.