Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,626 members, 7,801,809 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

Lekki Police Brutalise LASU Student For Pleading With Them To Leave Vulcaniser - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lekki Police Brutalise LASU Student For Pleading With Them To Leave Vulcaniser (22359 Views)

Live Robbery At Lekki: Police Kills 4 Of 5 Men / Famous Joshua: Police Brutalise Corper In Delta (Photos) / Nigerians Are Angry With Evans' Family For Pleading For Mercy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lekki Police Brutalise LASU Student For Pleading With Them To Leave Vulcaniser by henryanna36: 11:07am On Feb 19, 2017
A female student of Lagos State University named William Faulkner Sewuese Mathew was attacked at Durosimi Drive Etti Lekki Phase 1 Lagos State around 11:30am on 8th of February, 2017 by men of the Nigeria Police Force attached to Durosimi Drive, Etti , Lekki Phase 1 Lagos in the company of her Lilian Ifemeludike who is a Champion Ambassador of the United Nations for Women Empowerment on their way to the United Nation Women Empowerment mission.

In part below is what Lilian sent to Comrade Odubunmi Idowu NANS PRO which was forwarded exclusively to Trezzy Helm....

'My full names Lilian Ifemeludike and my foster sister's name is Sewuese Matthew. I am a United Nations Women Empowerment Champion and I was heading for a meeting with my United Nations Women Mentor when I realised that I had a flat tire so I went to fix it along Durosimi Etti Drive in Lekki phase one Lagos. I went along with my personal assistant who is also my foster sister. While the vulcanizer was checking my tire, some mobile police and taskforce men came to seize his machine. I tried to plead with them to let him fix back my tire since he had removed it already. While still pleading with him, my sister came to me crying  that she was punched in the eyes by a mobile police man. As I went to show their team leader what they had done to my sister, they asked me to gibe them my phone, when I refused, they hit me to the ground and strated to punch and kick me amd finally collected my phone so I followed them since they had my phone'.

The National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS) which is the umbrella body of all Nigerian students schooling within and outside the country condemn in totality the attack and other numerous maltreatments given to students by Nigerian police.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/02/police-brutalize-lagos-state-university.html

1 Share

Re: Lekki Police Brutalise LASU Student For Pleading With Them To Leave Vulcaniser by optional1(f): 11:11am On Feb 19, 2017
Nigeria Police is your friend..

It is well
pele omoge lasu.

3 Likes

Re: Lekki Police Brutalise LASU Student For Pleading With Them To Leave Vulcaniser by BUHARIISCURSED(m): 11:11am On Feb 19, 2017
black and black
Re: Lekki Police Brutalise LASU Student For Pleading With Them To Leave Vulcaniser by madridguy(m): 11:13am On Feb 19, 2017
I fear Nigeria police pass Boko Haram.

10 Likes

Re: Lekki Police Brutalise LASU Student For Pleading With Them To Leave Vulcaniser by Davash222(m): 11:14am On Feb 19, 2017
Police is your friend Indeed. I fear who no fear Nigeria Police.

12 Likes

Re: Lekki Police Brutalise LASU Student For Pleading With Them To Leave Vulcaniser by Epositive(m): 11:17am On Feb 19, 2017
soldiers did their's last week, now police right?why does this 'millitary' uniform intoxicates them that much? nawa o

#positivevibes
Re: Lekki Police Brutalise LASU Student For Pleading With Them To Leave Vulcaniser by sarrki(m): 11:18am On Feb 19, 2017
Atimes I don't trust stories like these! !!!!!!

They may be criminals claiming innocent
Re: Lekki Police Brutalise LASU Student For Pleading With Them To Leave Vulcaniser by favourmic(m): 11:39am On Feb 19, 2017
Police why your life like this
Re: Lekki Police Brutalise LASU Student For Pleading With Them To Leave Vulcaniser by fuckingAyaya(m): 11:44am On Feb 19, 2017
u died for the vulcanizer u re a hero

5 Likes

Re: Lekki Police Brutalise LASU Student For Pleading With Them To Leave Vulcaniser by johncallidon(m): 11:47am On Feb 19, 2017
I've lost hope in Nigerian police ever since ah was bOrn! see dem here..........

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Police Brutalise LASU Student For Pleading With Them To Leave Vulcaniser by johncallidon(m): 11:48am On Feb 19, 2017
fuckingAyaya:
u died for the vulcanizer u re a hero
guy Yhu wicked

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Police Brutalise LASU Student For Pleading With Them To Leave Vulcaniser by Nobody: 11:49am On Feb 19, 2017
Ebonyi state governor over to you!
500k for this one!!

In fact who go come beat me...I need money!!!
Smellymouth how far na
Come beat me
Re: Lekki Police Brutalise LASU Student For Pleading With Them To Leave Vulcaniser by ABINTUK(m): 1:06pm On Feb 19, 2017
The story doesnt add up...
Now let her tell us the real story.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Police Brutalise LASU Student For Pleading With Them To Leave Vulcaniser by Trapnews: 3:51pm On Feb 19, 2017
Only those without money get beaten by the police, if you have money, you can make the Nigeria police slap themselves, so pathetic undecided

5 Likes

Re: Lekki Police Brutalise LASU Student For Pleading With Them To Leave Vulcaniser by Jostico: 3:51pm On Feb 19, 2017
if you fine or whole cash e no go enter news na
Re: Lekki Police Brutalise LASU Student For Pleading With Them To Leave Vulcaniser by ephi123(f): 3:51pm On Feb 19, 2017
So much violence in Nigeria
Re: Lekki Police Brutalise LASU Student For Pleading With Them To Leave Vulcaniser by Daslim180(m): 3:51pm On Feb 19, 2017
Uneducated police officers.... I hate Naija police with passion. Stupid fools with no differences btw them and thugs. Awon "WEYREY"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Police Brutalise LASU Student For Pleading With Them To Leave Vulcaniser by ajalawole(m): 3:53pm On Feb 19, 2017
Lekki police or Nigeria police........... Hmmmmmmmm

na ilorin i kukuma dey shacheesy
Re: Lekki Police Brutalise LASU Student For Pleading With Them To Leave Vulcaniser by Notime4drama: 3:56pm On Feb 19, 2017
These guys ehn are very wicked and these days the main MO is phone.i now keep my phone at home now
Re: Lekki Police Brutalise LASU Student For Pleading With Them To Leave Vulcaniser by TwerkingSquirrel(m): 3:56pm On Feb 19, 2017
Nigerian Police??!!!!!!!! Bunch of fools with few good seeds!!!!!! Anuofia juru the Zoo

1 Like

Re: Lekki Police Brutalise LASU Student For Pleading With Them To Leave Vulcaniser by Phiniter(m): 3:56pm On Feb 19, 2017
Not a lie
Re: Lekki Police Brutalise LASU Student For Pleading With Them To Leave Vulcaniser by Nobody: 3:57pm On Feb 19, 2017
May the police that did that fall prey to a ruthless armed robber
Re: Lekki Police Brutalise LASU Student For Pleading With Them To Leave Vulcaniser by Nobody: 3:58pm On Feb 19, 2017
Nigerian police force is full of hopeless frustrated insane animals who are lacking a functional brain. bunch of dead skull individuals
Re: Lekki Police Brutalise LASU Student For Pleading With Them To Leave Vulcaniser by semasir: 3:59pm On Feb 19, 2017
Oh..... Nigeria Police FORCE
Re: Lekki Police Brutalise LASU Student For Pleading With Them To Leave Vulcaniser by blackboy(m): 4:02pm On Feb 19, 2017
I think the Lagos State Commissioner of Police should be informed officially and IG copied.

This is unacceptable. If they committed an offence arrest them and not brutalize them.
Re: Lekki Police Brutalise LASU Student For Pleading With Them To Leave Vulcaniser by onyechimereze1: 4:11pm On Feb 19, 2017
nice laps though
Re: Lekki Police Brutalise LASU Student For Pleading With Them To Leave Vulcaniser by Nobody: 4:13pm On Feb 19, 2017
sarrki:
Atimes I don't trust stories like these! !!!!!!

They may be criminals claiming innocent

Atimes I don't trust your intellect either.

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Police Brutalise LASU Student For Pleading With Them To Leave Vulcaniser by HolyCraig: 4:19pm On Feb 19, 2017
Lilian is my very good friend. Below is the full story copied from her facebook page.

On Wednesday, 8th of February at about 11am, I had a meeting with my United Nations Women Empowerment partners. As a United Nations Women Empowerment Champion, I and my team Members had to work on a proposed skills acquisition and financial literacy training for women in Nigeria. On getting to my car, I realised I had a flat tire; I drove out with my sister to the nearest vulcanizer to fix my tire.
While the vulcaniser was working on the tire, some mobile police men and men of the Lagos State Taskforce team appeared and started to confiscate the goods of the petty traders and fruit sellers on the roadside. They came to the vulcanizer’s corner and started to seize his compressor machine. At this point I started to plead with the men to kindly allow the man finish my tire so I could run along especially since he had already loosened the tire from my car so that I could also meet up with my meeting. I went on to tirelessly plead with other member of their team asking that they let him fix up my tire.
All my pleas fell on deaf ears and some even threatened to harm me if I didn’t leave the scene. Chaos was brewing at this point and people began to cluster around the scene as other mobile police men were chasing people away and confiscating their goods.
To my utter amazement, my sister came to me with a swollen and a bloodshot eye crying and saying she was punched twice in the eye by one of the mobile police men because he she was filming the incident. I then took her to the leader of the team in order to call his attention to what his officer had done to my sister.
As I approached the mobile police men with my sister, they asked that I submit my mobile phone to them. Seeing that they were coming strongly and quickly at me, I immediately held tightly to my phone and started pacing back into the premises of a grocery store close to me.
Before I could get the chance to run into the store, they kicked me to the interlocked floor and started to plunge punches and blows on me. I was still holding onto my phone and would not let go of it. My sister was crying and asking them to stop beating me. She couldn’t bear the magnitude of the beating that was meted out to me and came to rescue me but they pounced on her as well and she began to receive her own share of the blows and punches.
Alas, they succeeded and collected my phone and got into their van to drive off. I was absolutely dumbfounded and didn’t know what next to do. Even more confusing was the fact that I did not know where their station was situated. I could not leave my phone in the hands of strangers who had already physically assaulted and battered my sister and I and we got into their van.
We all drove to the Oshodi police station/taskforce office, where I and my sister were asked to write down our statement. When the principal police officer (Supol Olayinka Egbeyemi) arrived, he was briefed about the case and we were called upon to narrate ourside of the story. On sighting my sister’s face, he asked her (in his words) “Who did this to you”? After telling him what transpired between us and his men, he ordered that all the people involved in the incident be invited saying (again in his words) “I want to see the person who did this to this young lady”. He said he wasn’t happy and was going to make sure that the matter be resolved.
After some hours, all the police men involved (2 uniformed police men, 5 mobile policemen, 1 mobile police woman and 1 man in plain clothes). We all appeared before Mr OlayinkaEgbeyemi who after hearing the well fabricated story of his men, promised to deal with us and ordered that me and my sister be detained and charged to court the next day on the ground that we molested his men.

As a United Nations Global Champion for Women Empowerment, everyday, I work tirelessly to mentor, equip and help women achieve economic and financial empowerment. I have collated numerous success stories of women doing great things on various levels in various sectors. I am indefatigably working with my team members to train women in different areas on skills acquisition and financial literacy in several states in Nigeria. This is not the way forward for women in Nigeria. It is absolutely regressive that the same entities and institutions that should protect women are battering, assaulting and dehumanizing women. Nigeria seems to have become more than ever before, more inhabitable and discomforting for women to thrive.

These men claimed that they were sent by @GovernorAkinwunmiAmbode, but we all know that this present administration has been very vocal and proactive against all forms of violence on women, however, more needs to be done. Security and law enforcement operatives need to be called to other when dealing with citizens in general and women in particular.
#StopViolenceAgainstWomenInNigeria #StopPoliceBrutalityAgainstWomenInNigeria #WomensRightsAreHumanRights #SupportNotBatterWomenInNigeria #StopViolenceAgainstWomenInLagos #WomenShouldBeProtectedNotBattered

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lekki Police Brutalise LASU Student For Pleading With Them To Leave Vulcaniser by johnstar(m): 4:28pm On Feb 19, 2017
grin
Re: Lekki Police Brutalise LASU Student For Pleading With Them To Leave Vulcaniser by Orpe7(m): 4:35pm On Feb 19, 2017
That bandage lashan
Re: Lekki Police Brutalise LASU Student For Pleading With Them To Leave Vulcaniser by SmartyPants(m): 4:38pm On Feb 19, 2017
"I tried to plead with them to let him fix back my tire since he had removed it already. While still pleading with him, my sister came to me crying that she was punched in the eyes by a mobile police man."

I am all for holding these guys accountable but let us start with the full details!

The mobile police men didn't start with punching the man but instead punched the lady? What led up to that?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Arrested Dollar Fraudsters In Lagos Reveal How They Dupe Their Victims / My Late Father’s Friend Raped Me Twice, Says 8-yr-old Girl / Killers Of Father Jude Egbom, Imo Catholic Priest, Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.