Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

Silverbird Man Of The Year Award – The World Finally Appreciates Obiano - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Silverbird Man Of The Year Award – The World Finally Appreciates Obiano (1548 Views)

Ateke Tom Attends The Silverbird Man Of The Year Award In Lagos (Photos) / Governor Wike And Wife Share A Kiss As He Emerges Silverbird Man Of The Year / Ben Bruce Gisting And Laughing With Atiku At Silverbird Man Of The Year Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Silverbird Man Of The Year Award – The World Finally Appreciates Obiano by sweetsandy4luv(f): 11:14am On Feb 19, 2017
When Governor Willie Obiano of Anambra State mounts the podium to be crowned the Silverbird Man of the Year in Lagos tomorrow, he would have received three of Nigeria’s most respected honours from the private sector in one year.

About this time last year, he was awarded The Sun Governor of the Year by the publishers of The Sun Newspapers. Then, in June last year, he won the Zik Prize for Leadership instituted by the Public Policy Research and Analysis Centre, in the Good Governance category.

With the Silverbird Man of Year award, Obiano makes it a clean sweep in a record time. And this is a record on its own!

However, since we are looking at how Governor Obiano’s effort to change our understanding of responsible leadership in Anambra has drawn approval from the world, it has to be mentioned here that he was also honoured in August last year with a certificate of recognition by the Institute of Housing and Urban Development in the Erasmus University in Rotterdam.

This recognition from the Netherlands introduces a global dimension to Obiano’s rising profile. It also validates the saying that if a man makes the best mousetrap, the world would make a beaten path to his door. Vanguard has named him its Man of the Year too.

The award will be handed to him in March this year. The governor has equally added a few other important awards to his growing list of honours that might not be as glamorous as these ones but no less important.

Now, let’s face this, in a society that holds its political leaders in perpetual suspicion and mistrust, only few leaders manage to win genuine approval from the people. Put the other way, in a society where political leaders abuse public trust and misuse the people’s confidence, it is understandable why only few leaders make it to public acclaim.

But Governor Obiano has made a sound case for himself with a string of solid achievements. As a result, he has set himself apart from the motely pack of Nigeria’s political class whose public careers reek with broken promises and misplaced hopes.

From the moment he was sworn into office on March 17, 2014, Governor Obiano had approached governance with focus and concentration that compare favourably to the focus and concentration that Usian Bolt brings to winning a 100 meters race.

He appeared to know exactly what to do to fix problems that the people had resigned to fate about; problems that had lingered for decades but showed no signs of going away. Although Obiano showed a clear promise in his early days, the raging fire of scepticism in most people that was fuelled by years of disappointment by our political leaders would not permit many people to acknowledge that.

When he took on the vicious criminal world that had enjoyed an unbroken reign in Anambra State since 19-kiridim and ran them out of town in less than three months, some people didn’t pay much attention. But he still moved ahead with his crackdown on violent criminals, arresting 177 kidnappers in three months and setting up security tents in areas known to be flashpoints across the state to seal off that crack on society’s mirror.In the same vein, when he promised an Agricultural revolution on May 15, 2014 at the flag off of that year’s farming season in Nteje, Oyi Local Government, some people doubted him. But soon after that, Coscharis Farms moved into Anaku and began an ambitious rice farm that would employ 1000 people and produce 120,000 metric tonnes of rice per annum.

Now, Anambra is on the agricultural map for the Anambra Rice brand, export of vegetables and lately for hosting one of the largest and most modern poultry farms on the sub-continent with a capacity to produce 2 million birds.

Similarly, when he announced his vision “to make Anambra State the First Choice investment destination and a hub for industrialization and commercial activities,” some people thought he was telling tall tales. Now, Anambra has become the premium destination for wise investors, attracting a little over $4bn in an economy that seems to be on an endless downward spiral.

Similarly, his heavy investment in education has paid off with Anambra children dominating in many external exams in the past four years and representing Nigeria in world schools debate championships.

Indeed, with each new day, many Nigerians are beginning to see in Governor Willie Obiano, the birth of hope. Hope for a more purposeful leadership from the political class.

The dominant thinking is that if the South East for instance could have three governors with Obiano’s clarity of vision, focus and determination, it would not be long before the zone shrugs off its undeserved underdog status in Nigeria.

Interestingly, looking back, it would seem that it was always clear that Obiano would make a difference. This extract from the lecture delivered by Chimamanda Adichie to mark his First 100 Days in office provides a rare insight into this thinking.

Assessing his performance in the aforementioned period, Chimamanda had summed it up thus – “As we mark the first one hundred days of his term, I would like to commend him for his vision and ambition in the areas of education, health and agriculture and particularly security.

Most of us know how, for a long time, Onitsha has been a security nightmare. If you are travelling, you do not want to be in Upper Iweka after 6 p.m. because of the fear of armed robbers. But today, because of our new governor’s initiative, people in Onitsha no longer live in fear.

True freedom is to be able to live without fear. A relative told me that you can drop your mobile phone on the ground in Upper Iweka and come back hours later and still see it there, which was not the case in the past. And which is one of the best ways to measure leadership – by the testimony of the ordinary people. My sincere hope is that, under the leadership of Governor Obiano, Anambra State will continue its journey of progress with strides that are wide, firm and sure.”
Read the rest here>>>http://www.newsflashngr.com/index.php/2017/02/19/silverbird-man-of-the-year-award-the-world-finally-appreciates-obiano/

1 Like

Re: Silverbird Man Of The Year Award – The World Finally Appreciates Obiano by sarrki(m): 11:16am On Feb 19, 2017
Obianno my guy

Willie is working

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Silverbird Man Of The Year Award – The World Finally Appreciates Obiano by fuckingAyaya(m): 11:39am On Feb 19, 2017
Rochas now

7 Likes

Re: Silverbird Man Of The Year Award – The World Finally Appreciates Obiano by ufuosman(m): 11:50am On Feb 19, 2017
Well deserve

2 Likes

Re: Silverbird Man Of The Year Award – The World Finally Appreciates Obiano by verygudbadguy(m): 11:52am On Feb 19, 2017
Wehdonesir.

One of the few governors that is walking the talk. The remaining multitude (including Fayose of Ekiti state) can not boast of10 completed projects in their state yet, they are the most popular of social media and pages of newspaper.

Well deserved, Obiano 1 of Anambra State.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Silverbird Man Of The Year Award – The World Finally Appreciates Obiano by EasternActivist: 12:13pm On Feb 19, 2017
Lol... Apc zombies won't like this..

4 Likes

Re: Silverbird Man Of The Year Award – The World Finally Appreciates Obiano by Kingsley1000(m): 12:21pm On Feb 19, 2017
i bet he bought it,always signing fruitless mou...what happens to ambode ?
Re: Silverbird Man Of The Year Award – The World Finally Appreciates Obiano by Nobody: 12:40pm On Feb 19, 2017
If u go through all my posts u would see that av never been biased with respect to ethnicity, religion or tribe. The truth all these awards are all political awards. For instance the 'The Sun governor of the year award' has always been a way of Orji Uzor Kalu to recognize the governors of the SE and SS geopolitical zones. The silverbird award too is another political award created by the 'Common sense senator' to ridicule his political enemies.
Truth be told, if the Sun award were to be based on merit that award should have gone to no other person other than governor Ambode. I bet u next Sun award would either go to either the governors of Enugu, Anambra(for the 2nd time), Abia, Akwaibom or wike for the 2nd time and I don't think he may want to give it to Rochas.

1 Like

Re: Silverbird Man Of The Year Award – The World Finally Appreciates Obiano by titusenes: 12:46pm On Feb 19, 2017
The best Governor in south east

4 Likes

Re: Silverbird Man Of The Year Award – The World Finally Appreciates Obiano by Franchise21(m): 1:03pm On Feb 19, 2017
Obiano is the main man

Transforming Anambra in all ramifications

Willie is working

Anambra adigomma

3 Likes

Re: Silverbird Man Of The Year Award – The World Finally Appreciates Obiano by EzeCanada: 2:37pm On Feb 19, 2017
ethene:
If u go through all my posts u would see that av never been biased with respect to ethnicity, religion or tribe. The truth all these awards are all political awards. For instance the 'The Sun governor of the year award' has always been a way of Orji Uzor Kalu to recognize the governors of the SE and SS geopolitical zones. The silverbird award too is another political award created by the 'Common sense senator' to ridicule his political enemies.
Truth be told, if the Sun award were to be based on merit that award should have gone to no other person other than governor Ambode. I bet u next Sun award would either go to either the governors of Enugu, Anambra(for the 2nd time), Abia, Akwaibom or wike for the 2nd time and I don't think he may want to give it to Rochas.

It's so easy to spot a bigot.

Fact is, no polititian in so called.Nigerian history apart from Fashola (of old) could be compared with Oniano in terms of policy formulation and executions. I hardly comment on nairaland, but I have been consistent with Fasholas exploits as a former Governor long before the emergence of Obiano.

Click on the link below, and be pleased with your bigotry.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/sun-award-vice-president-extols-tinubu-others/

2 Likes

Re: Silverbird Man Of The Year Award – The World Finally Appreciates Obiano by EzeCanada: 2:52pm On Feb 19, 2017
EzeCanada:

Fact is, no polititian in so called Nigerian history except perhaps Fashola (of old) could be compared with Oniano in terms of policy formulation and executions. I hardly comment on nairaland, but I have been consistent with Fasholas exploits as a former Governor long before the emergence of Obiano.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/sun-award-vice-president-extols-tinubu-others/

Re: Silverbird Man Of The Year Award – The World Finally Appreciates Obiano by Omambala99: 3:13pm On Feb 19, 2017
Obiano is God sent to the people of Anambra state. Within his short stay in office as governor of Anambra state he has being able to transform Anambra state into a world class city. Today Awka the capital is now wearing a new look. He has being to transform the Agricultural sector of Anambra state. In area of security, Anambra state is now the most secure state in Nigeria.
Truly this award is well deserved.
Kudos to Akpokuedike Aguleri.

3 Likes

Re: Silverbird Man Of The Year Award – The World Finally Appreciates Obiano by adadike281(f): 3:19pm On Feb 19, 2017
Akpokuedike is a caring gov , a true father of d state. Go for it my able gov, u deserve it.

1 Like

Re: Silverbird Man Of The Year Award – The World Finally Appreciates Obiano by Ajibel(m): 3:21pm On Feb 19, 2017
ethene:

Bro please Ambode is miles ahead of these people and for that shouldn't be given such award.

You cant compare Anambra and Lagos, whose economy is the 5th largest in Africa.

Obiano's recognition here is because with the resources of the state, he has done so much and for me, he really deserves it and deserves another term.

Congrats Obiano

2 Likes

Re: Silverbird Man Of The Year Award – The World Finally Appreciates Obiano by Nobody: 3:42pm On Feb 19, 2017
Ajibel:

Bro please Ambode is miles ahead of these people and for that shouldn't be given such award.

You can compare Anambra and Lagos, whose economy is the 5th largest in Africa.

Obiano's recognition here is because with the resources of the state, he has done so much and for me, he really deserves it and deserves another term.

Congrats Obiano
let us stop the deceit, there is no way u compare Lagos to Anambra I don't know what we gain in spreading such fallacy; u can't even compare Anambra to rivers. this is no hate but the truth which everyone knows.
Re: Silverbird Man Of The Year Award – The World Finally Appreciates Obiano by Nobody: 3:47pm On Feb 19, 2017
EzeCanada:

Fact is, no polititian in so called.Nigerian history apart from Fashola (of old) could be compared with Oniano in terms of policy formulation and executions. I hardly comment on nairaland, but I have been consistent with Fasholas exploits as a former Governor long before the emergence of Obiano.

what was it in my comment that suggests am a bigot? or u just use words without knowing their meanings?
Re: Silverbird Man Of The Year Award – The World Finally Appreciates Obiano by Ajibel(m): 7:20pm On Feb 19, 2017
ethene:

let us stop the deceit, there is no way u compare Lagos to Anambra I don't know what we gain in spreading such fallacy; u can't even compare Anambra to rivers. this is no hate but the truth which everyone knows.

I'm sorry sir. I have modified my original post. I meant to say you "cant" compare Anambra and Lagos state. smiley

We are on the same page.
Re: Silverbird Man Of The Year Award – The World Finally Appreciates Obiano by EzeCanada: 11:22pm On Feb 19, 2017
ethene:

what was it in my comment that suggests am a bigot? or u just use words without knowing their meanings?

It does not help to erase the fact that you are a tribalist and a bigot.

Help yourself with the definition of the word bigot

1 Like

Re: Silverbird Man Of The Year Award – The World Finally Appreciates Obiano by Nobody: 12:41am On Feb 20, 2017
EzeCanada:

It does not help to erase the fact that you are a tribalist and a bigot.

Help yourself with the definition of the word bigot
ur a big fool, I just realized I quoted an idiot. I call u a fool cos ur dictionary meaning of bigot(even though u don't know the meaning of bigot) does not in any way describe my opinion that u quoted. may be u just heard the word for the first time and u decided to use it without knowing when to use it and when not to; it is clear u reason from ur anus.
Re: Silverbird Man Of The Year Award – The World Finally Appreciates Obiano by Shegzy8(m): 3:21am On Feb 20, 2017
Omambala99:
Obiano is God sent to the people of Anambra state. Within his short stay in office as governor of Anambra state he has being able to transform Anambra state into a world class city. Today Awka the capital is now wearing a new look. He has being to transform the Agricultural sector of Anambra state. In area of security, Anambra state is now the most secure state in Nigeria.
Kudos to Akpokuedike Aguleri.
[color=#006600][quote author=Omambala99 post=53857064]Obiano is God sent to the people of Anambra state. Within his short stay in office as governor of Anambra state he has being able to transform Anambra state into a world class city. Today Awka the capital is now wearing a new look. He has being to transform the Agricultural sector of Anambra state. In area of security, Anambra state is now the most secure state in Nigeria.
Kudos to Akpokuedike Aguleri. world class kwa? a better city i think
Re: Silverbird Man Of The Year Award – The World Finally Appreciates Obiano by sinistermind(m): 3:44am On Feb 20, 2017
To those saying Ambode deserves it, i'm not try to say Ambode isn't working, believe me I know he is, I really do like him. Obiano is like rebuilding Anambra all over again while Ambode is like making better the good things that were already on ground.
Re: Silverbird Man Of The Year Award – The World Finally Appreciates Obiano by EzeCanada: 12:05pm On Feb 20, 2017
ethene:

ur a big fool, I just realized I quoted an idiot. I call u a fool cos ur dictionary meaning of bigot(even though u don't know the meaning of bigot) does not in any way describe my opinion that u quoted. may be u just heard the word for the first time and u decided to use it without knowing when to use it and when not to; it is clear u reason from ur anus.

I didn't know who you were previously, but I was correct afterall as a quick search on your previous post (see below) has revealed your hatrad on the people of Omambala ( Anambra State)

Now, sit down and compare your actions with the definition of bigotry.

Thank.you

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Photos Were Taken In Transcorp Hilton Hotel Abuja And Not London / IPOB Malaysia Allegedly Donates Cow Named “buhari” To Nnamdi Kanu / Declassification Of Aburi Accord Document(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.